Pages:
Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 63. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 212
Merit: 12
Don't get me wrong, I want the price to go up since I hold a few ETN coins.

My fear is that this is a temporary rise in price due to the slow blockchain and the blockchain may get even slower in the following days.
Activity: 426
Merit: 11
My guess is that the blockchain is very slow again and those NiceHash miners-dumpers are not able to send their coins to the exchanges. No new coins on Cryptopia means low supply. Low supply means high price.

You will see in some days if your assumption is correct. I bet on the opposite. Investors again gain faith and believe after the gpu mining debakel .... In some days we will see who was right and where the price go, no matter what we both think about or want it to go....

what do you mean "the gpu mining debakel"?
all real gpu mining hashrate, if you count - nano 9 MH/s  and 5 others pools with <1 MH/s = about 15 MH/s
the rest of the hashpower - nicehash...
and nobody knows where it is mining  Smiley

so, it is not "the gpu mining debakel", it is incompetence to make the simplest tuning of difficulty of algoritm  Undecided
My guess is that the blockchain is very slow again and those NiceHash miners-dumpers are not able to send their coins to the exchanges. No new coins on Cryptopia means low supply. Low supply means high price.

NiceHash miners-dumpers mine directly to the exchange  Grin just someone filled the bags.
soon asic miners-dumpers will mine directly to the exchange   Grin
Activity: 420
Merit: 13

You will see in some days if your assumption is correct. I bet on the opposite. Investors again gain faith and believe after the gpu mining debakel .... In some days we will see who was right and where the price go, no matter what we both think about or want it to go....
The more traffic you withdraw the more auto traffic gets send there due to falling difficulity.
Your plan sounds good in theory but doesn't hold in practice as you forgot about the mentioned services....

Difficulty gets adjusted for the past 720 blocks. In order for difficulty to fall, the ETN blockchain needs to be able to mine new blocks and progress. Currently it lags behind and difficulty is still very high.

High difficulty = no auto traffic gets sent. My "plan" (it's not a plan, it's a guess as I said in my post) is still valid.

actually no, ETN made a huge price jump the last 36 hours, at least 5 times of BTC.
My guess is that investors again have faith into ETN after that gpu mining debakel will be solved now again.

My guess, honest GPU miners are rapidly switching to other coins whereas the diff is still very high. Those few miners who are still mining it won't be able to solve blocks with such high difficulty. Realising they don't earn due to high diff, they will also switch their machines to other coins, leaving the ETN blockchain without miners.

Actually this could/would be the case if their were no multi-algo-auto mining pools and/or rental services like nicehash. The more traffic you withdraw the more auto traffic gets send there due to falling difficulity.
Your plan sounds good in theory but doesn't hold in practice as you forgot about the mentioned services....

I know I might regret opening this can of worms, but lets hear the reason weve seen the ETN price rise around 50% in the last 24 or so hours?

What do you guys think caused it?

***I think it can only point to one thing***

I think it was caused by slight rise of bitcoin Smiley.

actually no, ETN made a huge price jump the last 36 hours, at least 5 times of BTC.
My guess is that investors again have faith into ETN after that gpu mining debakel will be solved now again.
Activity: 181
Merit: 10
the electroneum project now has a very large network, although the price of electroneum coins is now declining, there are still many who keep this coin as an inventory tool for long distances, because many people believe that the electroneum coins will be cerag in the future
When will the hardfork come, it seems the next 350~ blocks will take much longer then expected?

My guess, honest GPU miners are rapidly switching to other coins whereas the diff is still very high. Those few miners who are still mining it won't be able to solve blocks with such high difficulty. Realising they don't earn due to high diff, they will also switch their machines to other coins, leaving the ETN blockchain without miners.

I already picture Richard buying hash power on NiceHash again in order to reach the fork block, and begging the GPU mining community for help Grin Karma is a b****.
Activity: 165
Merit: 0
Is this Project running?
what is ETN doing now? does it fit the Roadmap?
I hope someone can tell me.  Smiley
I am not very familiar with exchanges, but the team shared a Tweet from CoinBene earlier today (about 9 hours ago), announcing that: "We are pleased to announce the partnership with @electroneum. The token will be listed by the end of July."
(FB post link: https://www.facebook.com/electroneum/posts/2030966747165293)

this twitter link goes to nowhere:
"Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!"

listing is abandoned?
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
I'm quite amazed by the stupidity of ETN devs.

Because they did not fork their algo for quite a long time after the discovery of CN ASICs, the price dive big time, proving right those saying ETN is a real shitcoin. Then ENT devs decided to fork. Of course mining went down, especially in a bear market but the price was recovering much better than other CN coins, rocketing a +61.9% in the last seven days.

Now, with the devs announcement the coin has lost all credibility once and for all.

Where can I dump the few ETN I've mined ? Won't HODL them, it's useless.
Activity: 845
Merit: 56

I know I might regret opening this can of worms, but lets hear the reason weve seen the ETN price rise around 50% in the last 24 or so hours?

I think it was caused by slight rise of bitcoin Smiley.
Activity: 261
Merit: 101
I received a message from Richards Ells. this message can be opened and read? this is not a virus?
Activity: 43
When will the hardfork come, it seems the next 350~ blocks will take much longer then expected?
Activity: 1232
Merit: 528
Community Manager: ETN

Activity: 237
guys, we are already ready to fork on electroneum.fairhash.org and we will closely follow how everything goes, join us, we will be happy to answer any questions on our telegram channel https://t.me/joinchat/B-GpfU1DYnzi5mhQ45I3rQ
Activity: 1232
Merit: 528
Community Manager: ETN
Contraband,

Your just to hard on us lol  Grin

But I get your point.

EDIT: But i also feel people should be able to vent a little over this, especially the miners who rallied around the new algo and supported it at the fork with uncertain payouts for days on end....

And i also think that the beloved dev team should see the frustration and criticisms in what ever form that may be... just food for thought.  Wink

You have two "venting posts" on this page lol
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
Contraband,

Your just to hard on us lol  Grin

But I get your point.

EDIT: But i also feel people should be able to vent a little over this, especially the miners who rallied around the new algo and supported it at the fork with uncertain payouts for days on end....

And i also think that the beloved dev team should see the frustration and criticisms in what ever form that may be... just food for thought.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
What gets me is, I just don't think the devs have given the new algo time to really "plane out". The price is just now starting to grow legs and move again. And as the price rises, more and more miners will return to ETN

Something or someone has caused the devs to do a complete turn around and without any discussion. Oh by the way ya'll, we're going back to the original algo, and ASICS welcome back again!!

Forget about all that decentralized talk.. and looking out for the GPU miners around the globe... and fair distribution of coins etc... ya right.  Roll Eyes

They even have the balls to refer us to many great ASIC miners listed on EBAY.. I mean REALLY now! I cant believe I actually was reading that..... lol its nutz!
Pages:
Jump to: