Pages:
Author

Topic: [POR]⚡ELECTRONEUM⚡Official Moderated Thread - page 66. (Read 240346 times)

Activity: 1232
Merit: 528
Community Manager: ETN

I know this will be disappointing to the many of you GPU Mining.

I would suggest mining something else and use the profits to buy one of these new machines, or just take your profits and buy ETN on the market.

If new miners are coming out, that are ASICs that can beat algos that are ASIC Resistant, then that is the issue here, not the decision the Devs just made.

Like I said, I know this is disappointing to many of you, but if this is a widespread issue that will affect our similar POW competition as well, its the new ASICs that are coming that everyone should be upset with, not the Devs that are making a wise decison and getting out ahead on this.

These new "ASICs" that are reprogramable is a disappointing development in crypto as a whole.

Its comforting to see that we have a Dev team that wont let developments such as this affect the success of the project and its action steps and goals, that will make Electroneum the first coin to achieve true mass adoption.

Everything is still on schedule!!

Everything will be ok,

Contraband
ETN Community Manager

not an unbiased mod or admin  ; )

Activity: 426
Merit: 11
 A new phenomenon has emerged where a number of users are mining Electroneum in waves. They come on and then leave after a few hours in a coordinated manner to mine ETN in a completely selfish way. We can’t blame people for maximizing their profit, but we have not built up the amount of “hashing power” that is required to make this impossible and create the stability we need in the network.

WHAT??? "mining Electroneum in waves"  Huh wtf?
it's like a bad dream...
why do they mislead people?
it's a couple of people who use nicehash, but NOT fair miners!
developers found it too difficult to make a small tuning of algo, which is even known and implemented in other smaller projects.
instead, they spit on the community and honest miners and went back to asics...

this once again indicates the low level of etn devs

ok, goodbye etn  Undecided

absolutely disapointed  Angry
Activity: 854
Merit: 100
Any idea as to when the app will be available on AppStore? I don’t feel safe keeping my Elecctroneum packed in exchanges any more.
Activity: 202
I'm absolutely disapointed, really. are you kidding US sr. Richard?

Very Bad "solution"
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I honestly believe that returning back to an asic-friendly algorithm is a seriously bad move. Sure in the short term it might help ensuring network stability but in the long run it will make Electroneum centralized i.e. that most of the coins are going to be in the hands of relatively few people. I really hope that Richard Ells and his team reconsider their decision because this fork is a major letdown to the community in my opinion. I mean, for real how many people do even own an ASIC. The vast majority of people don't. And to further strengthen my scepticism they say something like this:

Quote: "There is a further development. The first generation of hardware called an FPGA miner is arriving during 2018 and they make ANTI-ASIC capabilities a thing of the past, as they circumvent the slow delivery time of new ASICs by being re-programmable. If we are ready to embrace these rather than fight them, our network hashing power is increased further and our network stability and security is further enhanced.
Because ASICS run cooler, quieter and use a fraction of GPU rig power, they are suitable for MORE people to run in their homes. If you are interested, a search of “Cryptonight ASIC miner” in Google or Ebay will find the equipment needed to mine Electroneum. You will need to be reasonably technical to achieve this!"

This sounds like a friggin advertisment for ASICs, wtf O.o
It makes me wonder if there is more in it than meets the eye. Either the Electroneum team has a secret arrangement with ASIC suppliers and get a share or they run ASICs themselves in their offices, which honestly would explain a lot.

TLDR: Bad move Richard Ells! I'm disappointed!
Activity: 122
Merit: 1
Going back to Cryptonight is such a bad idea this will officially kill off the coin
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Now looking at the graph it seems that the coin groped the bottom and perhaps there will be growth. In General, quite confidently the coin is held on the CMC and it says a lot. Tell me your coins now, you can still get on the phone as it was before or not?
Activity: 426
The devs are working on a solution.

The best solution would be another fork. However, we have just went through a fork so this is not going to happen soon. Another solution would be an increased number of (real, small) miners. These miners will come "organically" after the price of ETN has increased.

So, we may assume the team will shift their focus on the price. Which is a good news for early ICO investors and holders.

here is solution:

Adaptive Difficulty (LWMA)
What is Linearly Weighted Moving Average (LWMA)? LWMA allows for the
protection against sudden hashrate variations including “hash attacks”. The Algorithm
ensures that a block is mined every 175 seconds on a window size of 60 blocks. Big
miners can no longer come in, mine and leave the network with a high difficulty to
resolve. LWMA allows the entire network to react very fast in case of miner attack (2
or 3 blocks). What does this mean? Small miners and big miners have equal weight in
this game.

I wrote about it twice!
what are they working on there?
what is the increase in the price of this problem?
and it's been a month since the fork.
why it was impossible to provide at once?
then they would not have to mine for days with wild diff after asics
and there would be no problem with attacks on the network from nicehash...
Activity: 413
Merit: 17
How about adding more exchanges in order for mass adoption to work  Undecided

You cannot achieve mass adoption through exchanges as they are a limiting factor.  They may help in the short term but they will also amplify issues such as manipulation. 

Exchanges are like oceans and I think ETN is wise to stay in just some small oceans.  Once we have some solid news then like explore more oceans.

Activity: 212
Merit: 12
The devs are working on a solution.

The best solution would be another fork. However, we have just went through a fork so this is not going to happen soon. Another solution would be an increased number of (real, small) miners. These miners will come "organically" after the price of ETN has increased.

So, we may assume the team will shift their focus on the price. Which is a good news for early ICO investors and holders.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000
Here comes that huge odd nightly network hash rate drop:

Hash Rate: 47.73 MH/sec

Any explanations? or did i just happen to miss something along the way lol

EDIT: now at  Hash Rate: 26.60 MH/sec
Activity: 101
How about adding more exchanges in order for mass adoption to work  Undecided
legendary
Is there something wrong with spacepools? It feels like the hashrate fell a lot. I've been mining just fine but suddenly I get about 5 ETN per day with 350 H/s... Yeah I'm only CPU mining because my 1080ti and 1070ti are not made for this algo!!
Not sure but the network hash is as high as Ive seen and the difficulty is going up...... expected earnings nearly cut in half...
Activity: 728
Merit: 169
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger
Is there something wrong with spacepools? It feels like the hashrate fell a lot. I've been mining just fine but suddenly I get about 5 ETN per day with 350 H/s... Yeah I'm only CPU mining because my 1080ti and 1070ti are not made for this algo!!
legendary
Yep time will tell i guess. Its just that every time it seems ETN is ready for lift off we have another set back.  Roll Eyes

Hash rates are up, buying is up, now we just need the price to get up there!  Smiley

Maybe this time around it will take off soon. I really like mining ETN and I still think its chances are better than most.
Most of the Top 20 cryptos are vapor; ideas and concepts with zero tangible product and limited to no use for day-to-day application whatsoever. Have I offended one of your tribes or are you still with me? Remember the Proverb. ETN are about to (I believe) take this entire cryptospace by storm with not just one -- but many -- real and actual products (Mobile Miner, Insta Payments, Vendor API, KYC/AML system under development, and several other real items I won’t mention). Who else is doing this? (rhetorical). Point is, action is everything and ETN unlike other crypto projects actually executes and delivers on its vision with real tangible items already being used -- and this makes all the difference.

It's kind of like if all these other cryptos are promising really cool designs and concepts for a new automobile, and people are investing heavily in their ideas because it sounds so cool...but one minor problem: nobody is making the damn things. Their production lines remain empty but the promises and visions keep building. But still no automobiles are being produced.

Then Electroneum comes along and rolls out a whole fleet of these incredible vehicles! Here's the mobile miner — hop in and take her for a spin it's ready to roll! Vendors, here you go, an instant payment solution that is FREE unlike the 1-3% merchant charge Visa and Mastercard have, and stay tuned we are rolling out more.

Here's the deal, there will be a tidal wave of interest, I believe it, because ETN has and continues to deliver on its promises with impressive and real products (not vapor) that are currently being used and are now ready for the global masses.
Nice but sounds more like a fantasy story  Grin

I've seen just as many ETN's come and go promising pie in the sky. With good devs....

With that said, I certainly hope your correct! lol

Time Sent    Transaction Hash   Amount    Mixin
7/1/2018, 7:04:21 PM      263.0000   0
7/1/2018, 6:34:07 PM      153.0000   0
7/1/2018, 5:33:57 PM      169.0000   0
7/1/2018, 5:23:49 PM      612.0000   0

And the days not over yet...

Ya I'm back mining ETN  Smiley

PS: Even on a bad day this coin should be trading around 6-700 as it used to be or more...... this 160 crap just ain't gonna cut it. I am encouraged with the current buy power atm.

He referenced the "pie on the sky" coins as well

What he referenced about ETN were mostly things that ARE NOT vapor and are done already!!

His point is just that; ETN is NOT a fantasy story.

Glad to see you back. Mining ETN is a no brainer if you can afford to hang on to the coins and sell at a much higher future price
legendary
Most of the Top 20 cryptos are vapor; ideas and concepts with zero tangible product and limited to no use for day-to-day application whatsoever. Have I offended one of your tribes or are you still with me? Remember the Proverb. ETN are about to (I believe) take this entire cryptospace by storm with not just one -- but many -- real and actual products (Mobile Miner, Insta Payments, Vendor API, KYC/AML system under development, and several other real items I won’t mention). Who else is doing this? (rhetorical). Point is, action is everything and ETN unlike other crypto projects actually executes and delivers on its vision with real tangible items already being used -- and this makes all the difference.

It's kind of like if all these other cryptos are promising really cool designs and concepts for a new automobile, and people are investing heavily in their ideas because it sounds so cool...but one minor problem: nobody is making the damn things. Their production lines remain empty but the promises and visions keep building. But still no automobiles are being produced.

Then Electroneum comes along and rolls out a whole fleet of these incredible vehicles! Here's the mobile miner — hop in and take her for a spin it's ready to roll! Vendors, here you go, an instant payment solution that is FREE unlike the 1-3% merchant charge Visa and Mastercard have, and stay tuned we are rolling out more.

Here's the deal, there will be a tidal wave of interest, I believe it, because ETN has and continues to deliver on its promises with impressive and real products (not vapor) that are currently being used and are now ready for the global masses.
Nice but sounds more like a fantasy story  Grin

I've seen just as many ETN's come and go promising pie in the sky. With good devs....

With that said, I certainly hope your correct! lol

Time Sent    Transaction Hash   Amount    Mixin
7/1/2018, 7:04:21 PM      263.0000   0
7/1/2018, 6:34:07 PM      153.0000   0
7/1/2018, 5:33:57 PM      169.0000   0
7/1/2018, 5:23:49 PM      612.0000   0

And the days not over yet...

Ya I'm back mining ETN  Smiley

PS: Even on a bad day this coin should be trading around 6-700 as it used to be or more...... this 160 crap just ain't gonna cut it. I am encouraged with the current buy power atm.

Exactly,

And add to that we are poised to pass Bitcoin in total # of user in 6 to 12 months. Right now we sit close to half of BTCs total number of users, with the FIRST marketing push set to start soon.

Look out!

Put all this together with BTCs next run most likely to push towards a Trillion MC, and the price of ETN right now is absolutely a steal.

*bias alert. I am the ETN Community Manager, not just a neutral mod/admin
Activity: 29

Activity: 237
Merit: 0
ETN community is growing and developing. So let's support the project Electroneum! the best pool for mining https://electroneum.fairhash.org/
Pages:
Jump to: