Author

Topic: [PoS+PoW] eXocoin [EXO]-gen 2.0- dev. from scratch! Give-Away | Open Beta - page 116. (Read 415636 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

eXo_coin will come tomorrow , i hope he will bring good news .
Activity: 382
Iota and JINN
Interesting approach.  Grin We code something but we dont know how it works and why it fails  Cry
it is no funny at all, but you said subtly Grin
Activity: 278
Merit: 100
Maybe, but to me, if you are going to introduce a new crypto, you need to be smart enough to get it working and stable from at least a blockchain level.  Satoshi, BCNext, etc.. accomplished this although their source code was not the prettiest.

How can you say stuff like this when you're well aware that we needed to download the chain from Dropbox in order to have a chance to stay synced in the beginning stages of Nxt?!?!?   Shocked

So...  should BCNext have said no to Jean-Luc???   Roll Eyes

Note:  Just to be clear...  I am not saying that the eXo devs are not capable of finding a solution.

Yesterday the NXT stopped because of similar error:
https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/is-the-chain-healthy/msg49729/#msg49729

We will give more time to dev.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500

please forgive for not reading 200 pages of thread, so-

is it 'launched' yet?

how is 'mining period' defined?

does the beta include the 'mining' period of 6 months?

when will it be on an exchange?

1. not launched  http://exocoin.org/index.php?s=download
 2.3. read here http://wiki.exocoin.org/index.php?title=Mining

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

please forgive for not reading 200 pages of thread, so-

is it 'launched' yet?

how is 'mining period' defined?

does the beta include the 'mining' period of 6 months?

when will it be on an exchange?

Activity: 334
i think the ipo percentage should be change to 60-70%.
anyone agree?
I dont think so,we need more miners join in the community,that's the best distribution way.
Activity: 238
i think the ipo percentage should be change to 60-70%.
anyone agree?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
If core devs can't get EXO blockchain functional, and need outside help, I'm worried.

EXO probably is not a great coder. He needs a good coder to help him. It seems he is more a crypto architect like BCNext who couldn't make a good software either. Some how, I think EXO might be cunicula. It is a pure guessing.

Give the dev a chance before judging him. He said the wallet would probably not be ready until well after the IPO, and fixing subtle bugs takes time. If he paid other programmers to help they would have to learn all about his code before starting, which would probably take a lot longer than waiting for him to finish it himself.

Yes, of course, I'm not saying it's a dead project, just that personally I'm worried if the core dev can't release a functional/stable blockchain.  

Qora had a network bug after the release version that caused a major fork. Nxt had serious bugs in the early days. I'm sure any new code base is likely to have subtle network bugs to begin with. Our dev refuses to release until he is certain the client and network are stable despite the pressure from the community. His attitude gives me more confidence in the final product, not less. I'm sure he will fix the bug given time, and release a product vastly more stable than the first releases of Nxt and Qora.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
If core devs can't get EXO blockchain functional, and need outside help, I'm worried.

EXO probably is not a great coder. He needs a good coder to help him. It seems he is more a crypto architect like BCNext who couldn't make a good software either. Some how, I think EXO might be cunicula. It is a pure guessing.

Give the dev a chance before judging him. He said the wallet would probably not be ready until well after the IPO, and fixing subtle bugs takes time. If he paid other programmers to help they would have to learn all about his code before starting, which would probably take a lot longer than waiting for him to finish it himself.

Yes, of course, I'm not saying it's a dead project, just that personally I'm worried if the core dev can't release a functional/stable blockchain. 
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

legendary
sometimes it takes an outsider to see the obvious problem staring in your face Smiley

Maybe, but to me, if you are going to introduce a new crypto, you need to be smart enough to get it working and stable from at least a blockchain level.  Satoshi, BCNext, etc.. accomplished this although their source code was not the prettiest.
Activity: 763

Activity: 620
sometimes it takes an outsider to see the obvious problem staring in your face Smiley
legendary
290 BTC is enough to pay for a professional team of 3-4 people full time for a year.

Indeed, hiring a good programmer can be an option. Think about it, EXO.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
As TwinWinNerD said:

"Nonetheless this is probably not the right place for this discussion!"

(but thanks for the link Wink )
I vote Exocoin developer as Qora's marketing leader.
So far he has made Qora look really good. lol
Qora is based on an early version of Nxt code which was already a software in production. Exo is a brand new innovative software with a brand new architecture. Qora guy is good at programming (meaning better features). Exo guy is good at crypto architecture (meaning better or unique foundations). Which one will you value more? It seems that some ideas of Exo have been borrowed by NEM and Crypti (the idea of rating nodes).
There is no evidence on Qora being based on NXT> a guy who performed disassembly to the code noticed this. Also Qora is the first crypto with a name exchange and voting system with such abilities. eXo is great too, but please do not underestimate Qora
Qora is most likely not a NXT clone. Nonetheless this is probably not the right place for this discussion!

Smiley

No. I did not say Qora was a clone. I think it is not. But its crypto architecture is based on the early version of Nxt. It is a variation of Nxt, maybe better or maybe not. See Jean-Luc's comments - https://nxtforum.org/alternate-cryptocurrencies/(important)-altcoin-ipos-no-one-should-miss/msg28220/#msg28220
Activity: 125
EXO is better than CryptCoin.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
I vote Exocoin developer as Qora's marketing leader.
So far he has made Qora look really good. lol

Qora is based on an early version of Nxt code which was already a software in production. Exo is a brand new innovative software with a brand new architecture. Qora guy is good at programming (meaning better features). Exo guy is good at crypto architecture (meaning better or unique foundations). Which one will you value more? It seems that some ideas of Exo have been borrowed by NEM and Crypti (the idea of rating nodes).

There is no evidence on Qora being based on NXT> a guy who performed disassembly to the code noticed this. Also Qora is the first crypto with a name exchange and voting system with such abilities. eXo is great too, but please do not underestimate Qora

Qora is most likely not a NXT clone. Nonetheless this is probably not the right place for this discussion!

Smiley
Activity: 128
Jump to: