Author

Topic: [PoS+PoW] eXocoin [EXO]-gen 2.0- dev. from scratch! Give-Away | Open Beta - page 143. (Read 415636 times)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
I'm back.

Where my eXo @?!?!?   Grin

Havn't been contacted by exo_coin.

Also if any of you guys want out you better ask now because im not messaging each person individually to make sure that you want me to do this trade. If you don't ask for a refund before the time comes to distribute stake it will be interpreted as consent.
Welcome back Anon. We miss you!!!   Wink
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
The level of stupid in this thread has suddenly shot to well over 9000, wtf is going on?

People saying 'omg the coin isn't ready yet???!' would be the first ones saying 'omg you can't even make a coin that works?!?!!' if it was released early and untested and ended up having some flaws. Bitcoin took much longer to write from scratch so just stfu and wait patiently as you clearly have no idea what building something like this actually entails.

Also the people crying for mining to be changed at the last minute: where the fuck have you been for the last 6 months? It's far too late to make fundamental changes to the distribution now, so again, just stfu or cancel your escrow if you actually invested. I think more likely the people crying are hoping to increase the value of their email giveaway.

Exact! Who is not a programmer should read this:
https://www.igvita.com/2014/05/05/minimum-viable-block-chain/
So you can get an idea of ​​how complex it is to develop.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
Like some people stated the distribution way won't change anymore that fundamentally. Mining/PoW don't add a single bit of security to the network but it is another way to spread eXocoin among the people. We want to attract many different people - miners, investors and people without money initially.

- Soo we are quite positive that the bug in 0.59.x (block chain async) has been fixed, although we cannot say this is true 100% ... (to be more concrete: we changed quite some code regarding this and adding more guards and a sealing feature _and_ we fixed a possible case in which the problem can be the consequence).
- we changed the internal storage of all money values from doubles to an own format and tested it thoroughly
- integration of "change address status" is done and will be tested tomorrow
- integration of "checkpoint block feature" is nearly done and will be finished tomorrow

v0.6 will need moreover:
- full proxy and anti-spam integration (+1day)
- minor stuff(+2days), like addressbook

so our new eta for 0.6 is: 8th-9th June  = start of final beta test

- checkpoint block feature is done.
- Testing of it and the change address status feature will be made tomorrow.
- addressbook feature finished
- proxy program hopefully will be finalized tomorrow as well

I tried the binary on a debian 6, and I got :

./eXocoin_console: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have a libcrypto.so.0.9.8 in my /usr/lib folder. So I made a symlink to libcrypto.so.10 but then I have :

./eXocoin_console: libcrypto.so.10: version `libcrypto.so.10' not found (required by ./eXocoin_console)
./eXocoin_console: libcrypto.so.10: version `OPENSSL_1.0.1_EC' not found (required by libssl.so.10)
./eXocoin_console: libcrypto.so.10: version `libcrypto.so.10' not found (required by libssl.so.10)

Don't know what to do... Can you help ?
see pm.

And, do you want a separate exocoin forum? I, for my self do not like seperate forums for each coin, but if you want it we could start one.

regards

Why do not make Pos/pow 50% minable coin.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
Thanks for update!

And, do you want a separate exocoin forum? I, for my self do not like seperate forums for each coin, but if you want it we could start one.

regards

No, maybe after/ during mining.  BTT is good for promotion - out of sight, out of mind Wink

Like some people stated the distribution way won't change anymore that fundamentally. Mining/PoW don't add a single bit of security to the network but it is another way to spread eXocoin among the people. We want to attract many different people - miners, investors and people without money initially.

- Soo we are quite positive that the bug in 0.59.x (block chain async) has been fixed, although we cannot say this is true 100% ... (to be more concrete: we changed quite some code regarding this and adding more guards and a sealing feature _and_ we fixed a possible case in which the problem can be the consequence).
- we changed the internal storage of all money values from doubles to an own format and tested it thoroughly
- integration of "change address status" is done and will be tested tomorrow
- integration of "checkpoint block feature" is nearly done and will be finished tomorrow

v0.6 will need moreover:
- full proxy and anti-spam integration (+1day)
- minor stuff(+2days), like addressbook

so our new eta for 0.6 is: 8th-9th June  = start of final beta test

- checkpoint block feature is done.
- Testing of it and the change address status feature will be made tomorrow.
- addressbook feature finished
- proxy program hopefully will be finalized tomorrow as well

I tried the binary on a debian 6, and I got :

./eXocoin_console: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have a libcrypto.so.0.9.8 in my /usr/lib folder. So I made a symlink to libcrypto.so.10 but then I have :

./eXocoin_console: libcrypto.so.10: version `libcrypto.so.10' not found (required by ./eXocoin_console)
./eXocoin_console: libcrypto.so.10: version `OPENSSL_1.0.1_EC' not found (required by libssl.so.10)
./eXocoin_console: libcrypto.so.10: version `libcrypto.so.10' not found (required by libssl.so.10)

Don't know what to do... Can you help ?
see pm.

regards

The level of stupid in this thread has suddenly shot to well over 9000, wtf is going on?

People saying 'omg the coin isn't ready yet???!' would be the first ones saying 'omg you can't even make a coin that works?!?!!' if it was released early and untested and ended up having some flaws. Bitcoin took much longer to write from scratch so just stfu and wait patiently as you clearly have no idea what building something like this actually entails.

Also the people crying for mining to be changed at the last minute: where the fuck have you been for the last 6 months? It's far too late to make fundamental changes to the distribution now, so again, just stfu or cancel your escrow if you actually invested. I think more likely the people crying are hoping to increase the value of their email giveaway.

Who are you to tell everybody to shut up?
We can say whatever we want.
And cause we are investors we have a right to say what we think.

Maybe devs intentionally did not create site, therefore investors can't communicate and control coin.
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
Never back down !!!

Who are you to tell everybody to shut up?
We can say whatever we want.
And cause we are investors we have a right to say what we think.

For me email giveaway is not good idea too.

Again, it's something that has been in place from the start. If you didn't like the mining and you didn't like the giveaway then why invest in the first place?
As I wrote earlier, developers and investors did not plan this giant btc ipo. This original scheme is appropriate for ipo under 100 btc and awful for ipo higher 200 btc. Imho.

Well I didn't see anything about their predictions but I'll take your word for it. Either way, anyone investing took the risk that the amount people would put in would be large. Personally I'm on the fence about the value of both things but as it was the plan that everyone invested in then it's only fair to stick to it at this late stage. I think if people dump the giveaway at the start then at least it spreads a few cheap coins around and helps build the community.
Community created not by cheap coins, but by interesting coin. Faircoin had 100% free IPO. Where it is now. NXT opposite way.
About big IPO. 20000 exo for translate is about 0.2 btc Ipo, so I think it is unlikely that they pay 0.2 btc for google translate.
Activity: 154

Again, it's something that has been in place from the start. If you didn't like the mining and you didn't like the giveaway then why invest in the first place?
As I wrote earlier, developers and investors did not plan this giant btc ipo. This original scheme is appropriate for ipo under 100 btc and awful for ipo higher 200 btc. Imho.

Well I didn't see anything about their predictions but I'll take your word for it. Either way, anyone investing took the risk that the amount people would put in would be large. Personally I'm on the fence about the value of both things but as it was the plan that everyone invested in then it's only fair to stick to it at this late stage. I think if people dump the giveaway at the start then at least it spreads a few cheap coins around and helps build the community.

I have idea, if devs want 50% mining, ok but let,s make it 25 POW 25 POS. It is best option for all. For investors, they can make some coin more, and for price, people want to buy coins for POS, and no one wants to dump coins. Your thoughts guys?

agree. Wink

And give more food to the POS haters that say that IPO distribution is horrible?

POS with intrest is in fact unfair, especially if it is as high as 50% in X months...
Always someone would be unhappy. We need good price for coin and therefore interest from people and investors.

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
What is show stopper?

The network is not running stable, few bugs kill the network in every test until now. Can't launch with somehting like that.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
I have idea, if devs want 50% mining, ok but let,s make it 25 POW 25 POS. It is best option for all. For investors, they can make some coin more, and for price, people want to buy coins for POS, and no one wants to dump coins. Your thoughts guys?

agree. Wink

And give more food to the POS haters that say that IPO distribution is horrible?

POS with intrest is in fact unfair, especially if it is as high as 50% in X months...
Activity: 477
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
Activity: 66
Merit: 10

agree. Wink
this coin still not release? oh my god

How long's a piece of string?

The dev said he will release it when it's bug free. Nobody can predict how long that will take.
Slogan for ExoCoin: The most awaited coin ever.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
this coin still not release? oh my god

How long's a piece of string?

The dev said he will release it when it's bug free. Nobody can predict how long that will take.
Jump to: