Author

Topic: [PoS+PoW] eXocoin [EXO]-gen 2.0- dev. from scratch! Give-Away | Open Beta - page 190. (Read 415634 times)

legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
PLease send me some for test EXO6ZqUDk8rexbs4uPztfK69WKUYPATSSrRndbgm
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
...  sent 3333 EXO right back!!!     Grin

Got it!  Cheesy

EXOk3Z2aewR5asfdpT6qCFcO5gxDtTNDyw4tdbhg

network looks good right now ... lets wait some more hours!

I was very generous transfering 0.1 EXO Wink
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
...  sent 3333 EXO right back!!!     Grin

Got it!  Cheesy

EXOk3Z2aewR5asfdpT6qCFcO5gxDtTNDyw4tdbhg
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Looking forward to test the new version!  Smiley

An advice from an old c++ coder:
bugfix: double-round function was not accurate enough for one comparision

Don't use floating point in a financial application! Nasty round and compare bugs ahead!  Shocked

Use a long or longlong and do integer division to get to the decimals.

Yes that might be a good idea;-) Right now it will round it to 12 decimals accuracy and is working as well.... but we will consider changing that.

Make that priority, please. Before the release date. Floating points should not be used in financial applications.

Don't use floating point in a financial application! Nasty round and compare bugs ahead!  Shocked

Yes that might be a good idea;-) Right now it will round it to 12 decimals accuracy and is working as well.... but we will consider changing that.

Finally: download&changelog
Let's hope that this is more stable now. I am out for several hours and be back with a status report/roadmap/timeline/etc in latest 12 hours.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1055

You are welcome, xiaohuolv
yes, dzarmush is right. You can proof to be the owner of a wallet regardless of bitcointalk member status.

Ok, we have finished the update now. Just have been able to add the tray icon functionality to 100% as well  Cheesy (You can set "minimize to tray" in the settings tab).

Please read the changelog(Changelog V.057 -> 0.58) to see what has changed on download area

The update will be available within the next hour if everything goes well. I'll post here again then.

unfortunately I just found a small bug when we had everything ready. Fixed that but need to restart everything again Wink
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
I have received the mail,thanks dev.
yes, dzarmush is right. You can proof to be the owner of a wallet regardless of bitcointalk member status.

Ok, we have finished the update now. Just have been able to add the tray icon functionality to 100% as well  Cheesy (You can set "minimize to tray" in the settings tab).

Please read the changelog(Changelog V.057 -> 0.58) to see what has changed on download area

The update will be available within the next hour if everything goes well. I'll post here again then.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1001
@eXoCoin: What happens if a user that sent BTC for the 2nd stage IPO has been banned from Bitcointalk.org? He is no longer able to send PM's or post in topics. He can receive PM. Any way he can get verified so when it comes time to collect his shares? Please help

Bitcointalk account is not important. What important is a wallet possession. If you are able to sing a message: "my account user1 was banned, my new account is user2", then everything is ok.
Activity: 336
Got Crypto?
@eXoCoin: What happens if a user that sent BTC for the 2nd stage IPO has been banned from Bitcointalk.org? He is no longer able to send PM's or post in topics. He can receive PM. Any way he can get verified so when it comes time to collect his shares? Please help
proxy program does not work as expected. We will skip this for V0.58 and will target that for V0.59...

update eta 2-3hours

#edit: still working on that. new ETA: again ~ 2 hours... =>6:00:00 GMT
Hi, eXo_coin,
I know you have much more important things, but when left over time can do to minimize GUI to system tray. The console could be a GUI tab too.
This makes it easier to keep it working without disturb.
the console will disappear for the launch. It logs everything to err.log and logrotates those files already properly.
Good idea to integrate a sys tray. Wait for V0.6

still working on the update...

i havent recieved any email?
please pm me with mail addr. You have not applied for the giveaway but only registered on exocoin.org
Activity: 460
I received a mail. But no instructions. What should I do now? Just wait and watch this thread?

wait till the release (11 may now) and then they will send you the coins
Activity: 231
Merit: 100
Hi, eXo_coin,
I know you have much more important things, but when left over time can do to minimize GUI to system tray. The console could be a GUI tab too.
This makes it easier to keep it working without disturb.
Activity: 616
I received a mail. But no instructions. What should I do now? Just wait and watch this thread?
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1041
Bitcoin is a bit**
No "giveaway-mail" recieved  Cry
Activity: 588
i will stay here waiting for exo launch.

today is another beta test i think. any news on launch date. iv heard may 11th which means your waiting a while lol
right! Not sure when we will be ready for the delivery today. We will do it like the last time: Going to bed after publishing the update ;-) It surely can take some hours late in the night - please be patient.

After some hours of searching, trying and failing we finally have been able to compile a win xp 32 bit version of the miner! It was caused by the (already integrated) openCL initialisation-part of the miner for the GUI implementation. With the latest version you can use the miner on xp service pack 3 (ok, we removed the opencl dependency for the CPU miner build anyway, but it works for the GPU miner then ;-) )

To make it short: All parts of the program can be used from XP32bit SP3 ongoing

sweet. what is your timezone?
Activity: 767
Never back down !!!
hehe I stay calm. shouldn´t sound that harsh.  Cheesy

Pm sent.
is it just the eamil give aways that are recieving emails? im an early bird investor but havnt recieved an email
yes - only for the mail giveaway.

Hi,
I haven't received the email for the giveaway either, that's weird. Why would I not meet requirement? I even am 1st stage investor.

Hi, you did not applied for the mail giveaway, I guess, since you are not within our database list (do you have registered bot not applied?). Please tell me your details (exocoin name + mail address) in a PM and I'll add you.

If - by any reason - this project is about to die: You will get a 100% refund of your investment.
What if this project dies in 12 or 24 months?
How long will you keep the initial investments safe without touching them?
Good question. We thought about that as well and agreed on doing a step-by-step reducing of the investment return. So after a month you will not get 100% back - more likely something like 80% -- after a week it would be 90%. The problem is: With the first exchanges opening people will get in contact who initially not send us BTC/LTC. We cannot give them money back if they traded EXO on an exchange but the system crashed later on completley. Besides: You could have sold your complete stake but would receive a investment return anyway. Anyway we will not touch the majority of the investments within 3 months, depending on the BTC course maybe even 6 or 12 months. If something happens we will see how to deal with it. But with the latest guard protectionism (eXoProxy) the core system should run at any time, no matter how much DDoS occurs. Memory protection etc will be reviewed again and again to be sure on that part as well.
We already touched them slightly for purchaising VPS by the way. So you would get a 99% return right now.

From OP

- 6 month mining frame
- No ASICs will be involved ever in eXocoin (mining frame is too short to produce an ASIC in time)
- fair launch - starting with empty blocks
- GPU friendly
- no premining

Mining questions (after reviewing white paper):

How will eXo avoid ASIC and still be GPU friendly? (still not clear)
How can the mining software be "a stand alone executable that connects the wallet"?
Is mining limited by IP address, if at all?
Coin reward per block?

Please elaborate if you could on mining.
Your question already have been answered except the first question. But you quoted the answer to your question anyway: "(mining frame is too short to produce an ASIC in time)". Mining frame of 6 month -> no hardware vendor will target a unique mining algo for that short period. Even if, he would not finish the product in time.

So you add a guy, who came late, but delete me from the giveaway list, even if I am an investor???
alright, not 150 posts, but I think active enough, and I registered in time.
That kind a suxx. Please think it over.
Please stay calm. I cannot find you on our list -> we did not receive any application from you. Are you sure that you have applied and not only registered on our website? It is not our fault if that is the case.
PM me with your mail address and exocoin username and I'll add you. We accepted all applications from investors by the way.
Jump to: