Author

Topic: [PoS+PoW] eXocoin [EXO]-gen 2.0- dev. from scratch! Give-Away | Open Beta - page 246. (Read 415634 times)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100
[...]
However I can tell you that there will be an upper cap [for the second stage] so that there won't be 500btc. [...] We will send an "ok" back to you first ([...] if upper cap is not reached yet).
I hope this process will be acceptable for most of you. I would see the upper cap at 250BTC.

imo setting an upper cap for the second stage strongly contradicts the following ideas:

Fairness & Transparency
[...]
We want to spread and split EXO as much as possible among the community! [...] A widley spread initial handover (achieved by the 1.5 BTC / 50 LTC cap) prevents from someone (and from us) dumping large amounts of EXO once it hits an exchange!

NXT vs eXocoin
[...]
We don't want to blame NXT. It has great innovation! What we are concerned of is that about 75 people are holding the vast majority of the whole crypto. That is what we want to change with eXocoin. The wider it spreads the better!

moreover an upper cap of 250 btc means that an early bird investoer would still get the 1,81-fold for the same money as a second stage investor assmuming the cap will be reached, which i personally don't consider a fair distribution. i mean 81% more coins for the same investment only because someone has been an early bird, come on. however it is clear that an early bird investors should get more for his money than a second stage investor, something around 20% sounds reasonable and fair to me. but achieving that number by using an upper cap for the second stage would mean you will have to set it as 165,2 btc if you strictly consider the spreading plan of 23.5% for the early birds and 18.5% for the second ipo stage. this sounds like a bad idea, too, of course.

imho the fairest way to guarantee a widely distribution is as follows:
set a fixed number of what you want an early bird investor to get more for the same money, say 20% for example. organize the second stage of the ipo without a total upper cap, but sill using the upper cap of 1.5 btc per user for both stages, of course. run the second stage as long as possible and try to spread the word so that most people that are into cryptocurrencies have at least heard of it. finally calculate the coins each investor will receive as follows:
(1.2 * early bird investment + second stage investment)/(1.2 * all early bird investments + all second stage investments) * 42000000
note that this way of distributing the coins guarantees that an early bird investorg gets exaclty the 1.2-fold for the same money no matter how much is raised in the second stage.

Stop crying Nxt had few initial investors who took everything, we already have a ~200 in the 1st stage, will have more in the second and 50% will be mined and 4% donation.

I also wanted to have a time machine to go back and be one of the first investors NxT.
Or rather I wanted to go with 50 boards current video or ASIC 1TH to 2009 for bitcoin mining.

The business is going forward, which was set will not be changed for less in favor of those who came later.

Invest in escrow, if you feel that is not fair when finished 2nd phase just ask refund before distribution!

I have an idea to launch a new currency that meets all desires:
"CommunistCoin the currency that whenever someone new enters everyone's money that is invested previously divided again."
Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
If someone wants to buy my stake in the "early bird" investment phase 1 (In this phase your invested money will receive significantly MORE coins)---> I have 50 LTC in escrow

PM me with an offer in BTC or LTC
(PS: No i am not selling for exactely 50 LTC...., also escrow is fine)

why do u want to sell?

riskless profit
Activity: 81
Merit: 10
[...]
However I can tell you that there will be an upper cap [for the second stage] so that there won't be 500btc. [...] We will send an "ok" back to you first ([...] if upper cap is not reached yet).
I hope this process will be acceptable for most of you. I would see the upper cap at 250BTC.

imo setting an upper cap for the second stage strongly contradicts the following ideas:

Fairness & Transparency
[...]
We want to spread and split EXO as much as possible among the community! [...] A widley spread initial handover (achieved by the 1.5 BTC / 50 LTC cap) prevents from someone (and from us) dumping large amounts of EXO once it hits an exchange!

NXT vs eXocoin
[...]
We don't want to blame NXT. It has great innovation! What we are concerned of is that about 75 people are holding the vast majority of the whole crypto. That is what we want to change with eXocoin. The wider it spreads the better!

moreover an upper cap of 250 btc means that an early bird investoer would still get the 1,81-fold for the same money as a second stage investor assmuming the cap will be reached, which i personally don't consider a fair distribution. i mean 81% more coins for the same investment only because someone has been an early bird, come on. however it is clear that an early bird investors should get more for his money than a second stage investor, something around 20% sounds reasonable and fair to me. but achieving that number by using an upper cap for the second stage would mean you will have to set it as 165,2 btc if you strictly consider the spreading plan of 23.5% for the early birds and 18.5% for the second ipo stage. this sounds like a bad idea, too, of course.

set a fixed number of what you want an early bird investor to get more for the same money, say 20% for example. organize the second stage of the ipo without a total upper cap, but sill using the upper cap of 1.5 btc per user for both stages, of course. run the second stage as long as possible and try to spread the word so that most people that are into cryptocurrencies have at least heard of it. finally calculate the coins each investor will receive as follows:
(1.2 * early bird investment + second stage investment)/(1.2 * all early bird investments + all second stage investments) * 42000000
note that this way of distributing the coins guarantees that an early bird investorg gets exaclty the 1.2-fold for the same money no matter how much is raised in the second stage.

Or simply do away with the stage 1/stage 2 system entirely.
Even if people invest into stage 2, the coin still hasn't been released, they are not risking any more or less than stage 1 investors.

Anyway, the solution provided by kingbtcvl does seem to solve that problem while keeping all respective parties happy. First stage investors get their little bonus while second stage investors don't get shafted.

second round investment did not even begin, if they invest they are investing after all available information, if they feel shafted they are willingly getting shafted lol  Grin. its not comparable at all.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Vires in Numeris
[...]

Fairness & Transparency
[...]

NXT vs eXocoin
[...]

Or simply do away with the stage 1/stage 2 system entirely.
Even if people invest into stage 2, the coin still hasn't been released, they are not risking any more or less than stage 1 investors.

Anyway, the solution provided by kingbtcvl does seem to solve that problem while keeping all respective parties happy. First stage investors get their little bonus while second stage investors don't get shafted.
Activity: 202
[...]

Fairness & Transparency
[...]

NXT vs eXocoin
[...]

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Its important to build FAQ  on WIKI or office website
@ eXo_coin

since you are aiming for a widely and fair distribution of EXO i have got two questions:
1. how are you going to prevent that nobdoy can invest more than 1.5 btc in total? are you going to have a public auditing like NEM for example?

2. let's assume you present a more than decent piece of software when starting the open beta and let's assume that the open beta draws some attention to a lot of new investors, so that all of a sudden in the 2nd stage of the ipo around 500 btc are raised in total. considering the 175 btc from the early bird stage, according to your current distribution this would mean that an early bird investor would get around 134k EXO for investing 1 btc whereas an investor of the second stage would only get 37k EXO for investing 1 btc. so the early bird investors would obtain the 3.63-fold for the same money. would you change the distribution in such a case and if so how would it be changed or would you simply leave everything as it is cosidering this a fair distribution?
exact details/conditions for 2nd stage investments will be communicated soon on website/ANN etc.
However I can tell you that there will be an upper cap so that there won't be 500btc. Regarding your first question: As for the 2nd round we will only allow investments through bitcointalk PMs to me (so we will not allow mails anymore). Although it might be a huge overhead we would do the following: Everyone who wants to invest must PM me before doing any transfer. We will send an "ok" back to you first (checking if person is e.g. quite new and possibly a 2nd account and if upper cap is not reached yet).

I hope this process will be acceptable for most of you. I would see the upper cap at 250BTC. But have to check with my team first. We are considering to cross out LTC investments so that we would only allow BTC. Since 2nd stage will be opened ~2weeks everyone has the possibility to convert his LTC/other coin easily to BTC on his own.

regards
eXocoin

#edit @rramires:
case A: there are only very few 2nd stage investors (lets say 10BTC). In that case 1st stage investors would get large parts of 2nd stage as well so that a 1st stage investor of 1BTC gets at least a bit more than a 2nd stage investor of 1 BTC.
case B: there are way more 2nd stage investors (lets say the upper cap = 250BTC). In that case 1st stage investors get 23.5% as defined.

So whatever may happens in 2nd stage: early bird investors will get at least a bit more EXO from the same investment amount than a 2nd stage investor. That is a guarantee. I hope this clarifies it?

OK, thanks
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
If someone wants to buy my stake in the "early bird" investment phase 1 (In this phase your invested money will receive significantly MORE coins)---> I have 50 LTC in escrow

why do u want to sell?
Activity: 294
@ eXo_coin

since you are aiming for a widely and fair distribution of EXO i have got two questions:
1. how are you going to prevent that nobdoy can invest more than 1.5 btc in total? are you going to have a public auditing like NEM for example?

2. let's assume you present a more than decent piece of software when starting the open beta and let's assume that the open beta draws some attention to a lot of new investors, so that all of a sudden in the 2nd stage of the ipo around 500 btc are raised in total. considering the 175 btc from the early bird stage, according to your current distribution this would mean that an early bird investor would get around 134k EXO for investing 1 btc whereas an investor of the second stage would only get 37k EXO for investing 1 btc. so the early bird investors would obtain the 3.63-fold for the same money. would you change the distribution in such a case and if so how would it be changed or would you simply leave everything as it is cosidering this a fair distribution?
exact details/conditions for 2nd stage investments will be communicated soon on website/ANN etc.
However I can tell you that there will be an upper cap so that there won't be 500btc. Regarding your first question: As for the 2nd round we will only allow investments through bitcointalk PMs to me (so we will not allow mails anymore). Although it might be a huge overhead we would do the following: Everyone who wants to invest must PM me before doing any transfer. We will send an "ok" back to you first (checking if person is e.g. quite new and possibly a 2nd account and if upper cap is not reached yet).

I hope this process will be acceptable for most of you. I would see the upper cap at 250BTC. But have to check with my team first. We are considering to cross out LTC investments so that we would only allow BTC. Since 2nd stage will be opened ~2weeks everyone has the possibility to convert his LTC/other coin easily to BTC on his own.

regards
eXocoin

#edit @rramires:
case A: there are only very few 2nd stage investors (lets say 10BTC). In that case 1st stage investors would get large parts of 2nd stage as well so that a 1st stage investor of 1BTC gets at least a bit more than a 2nd stage investor of 1 BTC.
case B: there are way more 2nd stage investors (lets say the upper cap = 250BTC). In that case 1st stage investors get 23.5% as defined.

So whatever may happens in 2nd stage: early bird investors will get at least a bit more EXO from the same investment amount than a 2nd stage investor. That is a guarantee. I hope this clarifies it?
@ eXo_coin

Early-bird 23,5% Was defined! I hope that does not change that promise.
If so limit the number of shares in second round.
Activity: 202
@ eXo_coin

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com

Activity: 596
eXo_coin, regarding these statements from the whitepaper:

eXocoin developers are trying to integrate a decentralized marketplace within the GUI for a BTC<-
>EXO exchange. However we cannot guarantee that it will be integrated on launch day. In that case
we would try to patch it in later on.

p2p decentralized exchange within the GUI [BTC <--> EXO only] with anti-fraud protection
for both parts of the exchange!

Will the decentralized marketplace exist only for exchanging BTC <-> EXO or will it eventually allow for the creation of any "asset" like what NXT is working on?

In my opinion, whichever next gen crypto platform that successfully integrates a built-in decentralized exchange for ANY asset will be the one to basically spawn the next generation of Silk Roads and will see huge public adoption (think BTC in June, 2011).

All that is needed is the ability to create the asset in the exchange, and then internally host some sort of descriptive page that would contain simple text and images.

Activity: 168
CryptoAltex.com Exchange

Hello!!

I'm happy to announce that you can now vote for eXocoin to be added to our exchange!!
Notable features: top-notch security with regular scans, multiple site themes available, chat box, great support in English and Spanish.

Start voting now!! @ https://www.cryptoaltex.com/index.php?page=newcoin

Cheesy
Activity: 644
Here we go:

Whitepaper V1.3

eXocoin wiki (more content will follow obviously)

We got some other logo suggestions as well. We will review all of them and then going to choose one/discuss with you the right one.

What kind of RSA keys are you using? 1024? 2048? 4096?
Right now we use 2048, but we could think of using 4096 as well. Anyway the implementation of EC is still on our agenda as well!

I  think 2048 will be fine for many years still
Activity: 714
Crypti Community Manager
thanks for the update, just read part of your whitepaper and saw the wallet, only one issue, cant you make a better looking wallet. it looks like any other generic bitcoin clone wallet. The way the wallet look is not trivial issue. People care about design and if your coin is truly innovative please make a wallet that is better looking.

Technical aspects are much more important IMHO. The community can design the wallet later on.
Activity: 81
thanks for the update, just read part of your whitepaper and saw the wallet, only one issue, cant you make a better looking wallet. it looks like any other generic bitcoin clone wallet. The way the wallet look is not trivial issue. People care about design and if your coin is truly innovative please make a wallet that is better looking.
Activity: 294
Here we go:

Whitepaper V1.3

We got some other logo suggestions as well. We will review all of them and then going to choose one/discuss with you the right one.

Right now we use 2048, but we could think of using 4096 as well. Anyway the implementation of EC is still on our agenda as well!
Activity: 67
Activity: 644
Here we go:

Whitepaper V1.3

Jump to: