Author

Topic: [PoS+PoW] eXocoin [EXO]-gen 2.0- dev. from scratch! Give-Away | Open Beta - page 243. (Read 415634 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
PoS rewards will depend on the transaction fees that will occur on the network and the amount of "active" PoS clients. So there is no way to tell you how many EXO you might get for letting the software just run. However it will depend on the balance/up time of your and all other nodes and is calculated/distributed on a monthly base.

There are restrictions for participating in 2nd stage. Those are more restrictive than 1st stage investments.

See 2nd stage investment rules

Quote from there:

2nd stage only 0.02 to 1.5 BTC will be considered. No LTC/NXT/... will be accepted for the 2nd stage. 2nd stage investments will start on 2nd April.

Before initiating any investment (escrowed or directly) PM eXo_coin on bitcointalk with the desired amount. He will accept/deny the investment then.
There will be an upper cap of total investments for the 2nd stage of 230 BTC. 2nd stage will be opened for about 2 weeks or 230BTC whatever happens first.
To invest as 2nd stage investor you must have an account on bitcointalk. We will only accept PMs that goes to eXo_coin (do not write in thread or mail).
If the investment is allowed (you got a positive answer from eXo_coin) then please initiate the transfer, PM eXo_coin again with the TXID, amount, a signed message of "i,yourexactbitcointalkname,am_the_owner_of_youramounthere_btc_as_2nd_stage_exocoin" (so include the calucalted sign, the exact message that you have signed and the address that you used for the signing process).
Be sure to sign with an address that is also part of one of the transaction's sender addresses. If you do not provide those information or include wrong information we may keep 0.005 up to 0.02 BTC as service charge for our team for the extra work. The same applies to investments that have not been accepted by us.

Thus we can prevent someone sending 10x 1.5 BTC to gain any majority - since we will check the profile of the one who PMs me with the TXID. If you would like to increase your initial investment (e.g. spend 0.1 BTC as early bird and then 0.1 BTC as 2nd stager ) - feel free to do so. Just do not exceed 1.5 BTC / 50 LTC in total.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
it says pow+pos
i find no info about pos rewards per anno
Activity: 159
Merit: 100
glad to see:
2nd stage: scheduled to start on 2nd April!
I think I will invest some BTC to this project.
So see you April 2.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001
CEO Bitpanda.com
Sorry for asking this again, but there is absolutely no restriction for newbie accounts for stage 2? So that even a total newbie (just created) can participate?
as long as you have BTC to pay up
Yup! BTC is all enough!
It's not free distributed coin. No constrain needed.

But wouldn't that defeat the purpose of limiting the investment to 50LTC/1.5BTC?
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
Sorry for asking this again, but there is absolutely no restriction for newbie accounts for stage 2? So that even a total newbie (just created) can participate?
Yup! BTC is all enough!
It's not free distributed coin. No constrain needed.
Activity: 308
I think some kind of proportional system as has been discussed is a nice balance.  2nd round investors know they are buying into a much more secured investment.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Activity: 64
I read that the distribution between the early bird adapters is proportional. Is it possible that an early bird adapter gets less EXO for 1 btc then a second-stage adapter if for example there are far less second stage investors then first-stage investors?
I'd like to join in the second stage, but I'm little worried about how much I can get if I invest 1 btc

Do you think it is possible that the 2nd stage investments will be less than 1st stage?
The possibility is absolutely ZERO!

We don't know how mamy exocoins you will receive with your 1btc investment.
But we do know the fraction: 0.185 divided by the amount of 2nd stage investment.
Totally agree!
I am sure I will put some coins in the second stage.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
wait for the open beta test.  Grin
Activity: 518
Activity: 147
I read that the distribution between the early bird adapters is proportional. Is it possible that an early bird adapter gets less EXO for 1 btc then a second-stage adapter if for example there are far less second stage investors then first-stage investors?
I'd like to join in the second stage, but I'm little worried about how much I can get if I invest 1 btc

Do you think it is possible that the 2nd stage investments will be less than 1st stage?
The possibility is absolutely ZERO!

We don't know how mamy exocoins you will receive with your 1btc investment.
But we do know the fraction: 0.185 divided by the amount of 2nd stage investment.
Activity: 160
Great progress you have maken. Nice.
Can't wait for the beta test! 
Very glad to join in the second IPO.
Activity: 85
Activity: 490
It is developed by several good software architects and programmers with university degrees in IT that are very familiar with C++11. C++11 will ensure high client speeds. It also will run on any windows vista or newer computer without any additional software (like java would need). It will not need .NET installed.   Wink
Activity: 160
after read the whitepaper it's seems a good project
Activity: 644
To shortcut it: I was able to build ed25519-donna against openSSL and looked over the donna docu. So I would say that the further implementation would not take any longer than a hour.
However I am not that convinced that this donna build is safe. I do not know how trustworthy their developers are. Do you have more information about that?

Well if it's correct implementation, shouldn't it produce the same result as reference implementation? I doubt anything is wrong with it, but there is also this library

https://github.com/jedisct1/libsodium

5. EC will be (fully) implemented soon
What curve?
NIST P256 (NID_X9_62_prime256v1), so 256Bit strength should be somewhat like 3072Bit RSA
EC is implemented now. Just need to check a bit if everything runs fine.
Argh .. after all the Snowden revelation, should we really trust Nist curves?
http://cybermashup.com/2014/03/01/the-nsa-conference/
Boneh pointed out the unknown original of the constants in NIST’s P256 curve and discussed various ways to backdoor a crypto scheme;
It's not worth the risk! Find a high quality C++ library for ed25519 ..
Would it be hard to switch to this?
https://github.com/floodyberry/ed25519-donna
Alright thanks for pointing out that concerns! I must admit that we are not that familiar with EC (of course we heard about it, disadvantages and advantages over RSA etc, but no indepth mathematical background information about EC like we have about RSA). Also was not aware that a Nist curve can be a security issue regarding NSA backdoors (and if NSA has any backdoor some hacker might get them as well).
To shortcut it: I was able to build ed25519-donna against openSSL and looked over the donna docu. So I would say that the further implementation would not take any longer than a hour.
However I am not that convinced that this donna build is safe. I do not know how trustworthy their developers are. Do you have more information about that? Also I think openSSL 1.2 will provide brainpool curves soon (not sure when). That might be an option as well since they should be randomly choosen curves (so there could not be a special backdoor for a specific curve), don't you think?
In the end we might just offer you (the user of the program in this meaning) to individually choose before address creation between NIST EC using openSSL, ed25519 using donna/OpenSSL or RSA using openSSL and - if present and easy to implement - brainpool curves later on. Right now all addresses already store an enum called keyType. The type already gets distributed to the network for verification (keytype-switch'ed) process (at the moment: rsa2048 or that nist curve). You could use a different keytype for every different address in your wallet this way.

Would that fit? If so, we would publish the EC/RSA sign/verify code parts in our wiki soon so everyone can check those parts.
What curve?
NIST P256 (NID_X9_62_prime256v1), so 256Bit strength should be somewhat like 3072Bit RSA

Boneh pointed out the unknown original of the constants in NIST’s P256 curve and discussed various ways to backdoor a crypto scheme;

Would it be hard to switch to this?

https://github.com/floodyberry/ed25519-donna

What curve?

What curve?

Jump to: