Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 158. (Read 920105 times)

legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
Just been reading up on POSv. Found this whitepaper which seems to explain it: https://www.reddcoin.com/papers/PoSV.pdf

Let me get this strait...once Potcoin switches over to POSv it will no longer be possible to mine blocks using scrypt mining equipment?

Anywhere you can point me to that explains POSv would be appreciated!

Still wondering about this. Once we get to block 975000 does POW totally go away or does it continue with a 3 potcoin per block subsidy?

Code:
97     static const int LAST_POW_BLOCK = 975000 - 1; 
1148   if(nHeight > 963200)
1149     {
1150         nSubsidy = 3 * COIN;

...asking so I can plan to shut down the pool or keep it running after block 975000.

On a different subject I updated p2pool with the code changes for the hyper subsidy.
Code:
SUBSIDY_FUNC = lambda height: 50*100000000 if height>920000 else 25*100000000 if height>930800 else 12*100000000 if height>941600 else 6*100000000 if height>952400 else 3*100000000 if height>963200 else 420*100000000 >> (height + 1)//280000

https://github.com/CartmanSPC/p2pool/commit/e8ae04606316ed940c5ceefecdecd5197e1d33ee

The xpool.net p2pool node will be switching to the new potcoin wallet daemon as soon as it finishes downloading the blockchain. Miners will notice less than a second delay in their mining.
Activity: 335
Merit: 251
Disabled at bittrex. Apparently they did not update the wallet yet

The wallet is probably disabled while they re-sync the new update.  All exchanges and mining pools have been notified.
legendary

Most people have not updated :/

...but they still have time. Block 930800 is the "drop dead" block where the majority of people need to update by. That is when the "hyper halving" starts.

https://github.com/potcoin/potcoin/commit/11aec4cedfaa0c05339e3614db8a1c81c8b4ee11
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1162
How long does it take for coins to mature? I'm trying to test the new wallet...
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
PotWallet New Features & Updates

We are excited to announce the new features and updates for PotWallet.

1. Bitcoin Exchange

You can now exchange bitcoins for potcoins and vice-versa directly in the wallet. www.potwallet.com/exchange (login required)

2. Developer API

The PotWallet API has been released. Building potcoin services and apps is now a breeze with our blazing fast API. www.potwallet.com/developers

3. Trading System

Removed the “Escrow Not Funded” system. Sellers must have an active potcoin balance in order to get or open new trades.

Trades now have a window of 120 minutes to be marked as paid.

Added “bitcoin” as payment method.

General interface and navigation improvements.

4. PotWallet Forums

We have launched the PotWallet community forums and help center (www.potwallet.com/forums). Feel free to post your questions, comments or suggestions on our forums. Get help from other community members and PotWallet staff.

and the good news keep on coming  Grin
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
PotWallet New Features & Updates

We are excited to announce the new features and updates for PotWallet.

1. Bitcoin Exchange

You can now exchange bitcoins for potcoins and vice-versa directly in the wallet. www.potwallet.com/exchange (login required)

2. Developer API

The PotWallet API has been released. Building potcoin services and apps is now a breeze with our blazing fast API. www.potwallet.com/developers

3. Trading System

Removed the “Escrow Not Funded” system. Sellers must have an active potcoin balance in order to get or open new trades.

Trades now have a window of 120 minutes to be marked as paid.

Added “bitcoin” as payment method.

General interface and navigation improvements.

4. PotWallet Forums

We have launched the PotWallet community forums and help center (www.potwallet.com/forums). Feel free to post your questions, comments or suggestions on our forums. Get help from other community members and PotWallet staff.
Activity: 300
hello ive downloaded the potcoin wallet and installed bootstrap in appdata/roaming/potcoin (deleted everything first) , yet im still 76 weeks behind?

Is your wallet saying "Importing blocks from disk" ? It should be rebuilding the blocks database using the bootstrap file (can take couple hours to finish)
Yes it is, thanks for helping.  down to 63 weeks now so moving along steadily.
hello ive downloaded the potcoin wallet and installed bootstrap in appdata/roaming/potcoin (deleted everything first) , yet im still 76 weeks behind?

Is your wallet saying "Importing blocks from disk" ? It should be rebuilding the blocks database using the bootstrap file (can take couple hours to finish)

yar,  This coin has had a lot of time to mature so the blockchain Potchain is a decent size Cheesy
Activity: 47
Merit: 0

Activity: 300
legendary
Just been reading up on POSv. Found this whitepaper which seems to explain it: https://www.reddcoin.com/papers/PoSV.pdf

Let me get this strait...once Potcoin switches over to POSv it will no longer be possible to mine blocks using scrypt mining equipment?

Anywhere you can point me to that explains POSv would be appreciated!
Activity: 77
Activity: 335

Hello to the community,

We know you have been waiting on an update for a while. We have been extremely busy working on POSv and many other updates coming to you very shortly.  We assure you PotLabs is here to stay and we are working hard to create all the necessary technology and services Potcoin will require to thrive.

Potcoin is going POSv, wallet upgrades are necessary.

Download the new PotCoin Wallet - http://www.potcoin.com/wallets

Windows: https://github.com/potcoin/potcoin-binaries/blob/master/potcoin-0.8.7.1-win32-setup.exe?raw=true
Mac: https://github.com/potcoin/potcoin-binaries/blob/master/potcoin-0.8.7.1-mac.dmg?raw=true
Linux: https://github.com/potcoin/potcoin-binaries/blob/master/potcoin-0.8.7.1-linux.tar?raw=true

POSv interest is of 5% annually.

The potcoin network will go through a hyper-halving phase, here is the breakdown.
Block 920,000 = 50 POT
Block 930,800 = 25 POT
Block 941,600 = 12 POT
Block 952,400 = 6 POT
Block 963,200 = 3 POT
Block 975,000 = Last POW Block, POSv Kicks In.

We might have to do another minor wallet update once POSv kicks in. We will be updating you on this through the process.
Please read the Upgrading Procedure entirely.

Please let us know if you have any troubles or questions with your upgrade. [email protected]
More exciting news and updates coming for Potcoin very shortly.

#### UPGRADING PROCEDURE ####

Step 1.
BACKUP YOUR WALLET. Please make sure you properly backup your wallet first in case anything goes wrong. Save a backup of your wallet.dat file in a secure location.

Step 2.
Download the NEW wallet.

Mac QT

Activity: 804
when is the POSv estimated to arrive?
Will that shop offer 10% discount to people paying with POT only? Otherwise, frankly, it doesn't do anyone any good...

Edit: I see that the discount is only 5% AND, not just for POT but for BTC too. Which is, definitely, no good at all for POT supporters because, once again, takes us to square one: Why would I buy/hold POT when I can buy exactly the same shit with BTC, for the same price?

It's 5% MORE cannabis when your purchase with Bitcoin and 15% more cannabis when you buy with Potcoin so you're right, an extra 10% for Potcoin users Cheesy

So if you buy 5 Grams with Bitcoin you will receive 5.25 Grams of Medical Cannabis, that same 5 grams with Potcoin, you will receive 5.75 grams of Medical Cannabis! That's a minimum, we're always making bags extra heavy so most likely will even be heavier than that =P

Hope that clears it up!

Thank you for your answer. That in fact makes a difference and is an answer to the eternal question. When POSv is finally here, it should be quite a positive.

No problem, were in it to win it so we will be providing amazing deals in the future for marijuana coin users so keep an eye out for us.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Will that shop offer 10% discount to people paying with POT only? Otherwise, frankly, it doesn't do anyone any good...

Edit: I see that the discount is only 5% AND, not just for POT but for BTC too. Which is, definitely, no good at all for POT supporters because, once again, takes us to square one: Why would I buy/hold POT when I can buy exactly the same shit with BTC, for the same price?

It's 5% MORE cannabis when your purchase with Bitcoin and 15% more cannabis when you buy with Potcoin so you're right, an extra 10% for Potcoin users Cheesy

So if you buy 5 Grams with Bitcoin you will receive 5.25 Grams of Medical Cannabis, that same 5 grams with Potcoin, you will receive 5.75 grams of Medical Cannabis! That's a minimum, we're always making bags extra heavy so most likely will even be heavier than that =P

Hope that clears it up!

Thank you for your answer. That in fact makes a difference and is an answer to the eternal question. When POSv is finally here, it should be quite a positive.
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org