Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 159. (Read 920105 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
Will that shop offer 10% discount to people paying with POT only? Otherwise, frankly, it doesn't do anyone any good...

Edit: I see that the discount is only 5% AND, not just for POT but for BTC too. Which is, definitely, no good at all for POT supporters because, once again, takes us to square one: Why would I buy/hold POT when I can buy exactly the same shit with BTC, for the same price?

Potcoin would need to offer an extra discount, and assuming they get POSv done, people could also stake/grow their Potcoins, which they cannot do with Bitcoin.

I think there can be strains, or what MaryJ claims to be doing and such, as long as everything is honest. In that it is a limited coupon or whatever. There are actually people out there dumb enough to think they could get pennies in cryptos and exchange for kilos of pot.
Will that shop offer 10% discount to people paying with POT only? Otherwise, frankly, it doesn't do anyone any good...

Edit: I see that the discount is only 5% AND, not just for POT but for BTC too. Which is, definitely, no good at all for POT supporters because, once again, takes us to square one: Why would I buy/hold POT when I can buy exactly the same shit with BTC, for the same price?

It's 5% MORE cannabis when your purchase with Bitcoin and 15% more cannabis when you buy with Potcoin so you're right, an extra 10% for Potcoin users Cheesy

So if you buy 5 Grams with Bitcoin you will receive 5.25 Grams of Medical Cannabis, that same 5 grams with Potcoin, you will receive 5.75 grams of Medical Cannabis! That's a minimum, we're always making bags extra heavy so most likely will even be heavier than that =P

Hope that clears it up!
legendary
Activity: 1162

G3- First Batch, Bud Pron.  More on the way.  

Cherry AK-47 - FIRE!!!!!

Indica Dominant Hybrid, Heavy body, Medium Eyes, super couch lock.  Excellent Flavor and nose. Very dense and properly cured!

http://goldengatesgreenest.com Presents....

legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
Cool!  Thanks.

I will be honest, some people are really stupid and the pegging thing does work for value increases (pump and dumps). Even after it is proven not to be what it is some will still believe it. Critical thinking and basic logic should be required courses, many people are in dire need of them.

I don't know the real answers and motives behind some of these coins but yeah the pegging thing I don't understand cause it seems to put a psychological cap on the price also I think which is more like a goal post for average investor. Being in the cannabis industry, I just can't see it working on our end of the cannabis/crypto spectrum/deal.

Pegging will never work. lol

What will work is a 5-10% discount if you pay with marijuana related coins Wink In the long term that will grow the price of POT (or any other cannabis coin) If I could buy my weed with a 5-10% discount just by paying with potcoin for example.. fuck yeah I will buy POTcoin and buy my weed with it Wink

Even a smart reseller could make big profits that way...  Wink  
Totally agree.

My 2 Sats on Weedcoins:
All it needs are working Basics and Businessdeals. +1
A high Coinsupply istn a Problem.

The Communication and Progress here was just poor to nonexistant lately.
Thats why it went down again.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Chipcoin Developer
Cool!  Thanks.

I will be honest, some people are really stupid and the pegging thing does work for value increases (pump and dumps). Even after it is proven not to be what it is some will still believe it. Critical thinking and basic logic should be required courses, many people are in dire need of them.

I don't know the real answers and motives behind some of these coins but yeah the pegging thing I don't understand cause it seems to put a psychological cap on the price also I think which is more like a goal post for average investor. Being in the cannabis industry, I just can't see it working on our end of the cannabis/crypto spectrum/deal.

Pegging will never work. lol

What will work is a 5-10% discount if you pay with marijuana related coins Wink In the long term that will grow the price of POT (or any other cannabis coin) If I could buy my weed with a 5-10% discount just by paying with potcoin for example.. fuck yeah I will buy POTcoin and buy my weed with it Wink

Even a smart reseller could make big profits that way...  Wink 
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net

This coin is on shapeshift and still doesn't go anywhere.  Good daily volume too so why isn't the price shooting up?

How much longer before the inflation gets cut?  That could be a major cause for constant sell pressure.

Have the devs considered cutting back the subsidy and max supply cap?  TIA.

Cheers!
Activity: 619
Merit: 501
https://www.massict.com/
I got this error on my pool pot wallet:  "Critical upgrade to Litecoin 0.10.2.2+. https://litecoin.org/upgrade"

i run latest wallet from here https://github.com/potcoin/potcoin.git

What is wrong?
Cool!  Thanks.

legendary
Activity: 1470
cryptocollectorsclub.com
Cool!  Thanks.

Just a quick question, saw you looking around at marijuana related coins and was just wondering what your opinion on the coins are.  My personal beliefs are that being pegged to something in the cannabis industry is not the way to go.

Those kind of things should be left to the market.  To me it would be hard to convince my good hash making friends to give away good hash for a certain marijuana coin let alone bitcoin.  

And are any two grams of hash the same?  I mean a low grade hash has the same 1 coin value as a gram of super high quality hash?

Not bashing, I am really interested.  I just can't imagine how it could be feasible for growers to do this with a never decreasing supply of coins which will supposedly reach $35-$45 per coin and an higly increasing demand for product even for just cash?   I just don't think there are enough crypto/cannabis enthusiasts to push it to that level, only speculators and speculators generally just pump and dump.

let me know what you think dude.

Cool!  Thanks.

Just a quick question, saw you looking around at marijuana related coins and was just wondering what your opinion on the coins are.  My personal beliefs are that being pegged to something in the cannabis industry is not the way to go.

Those kind of things should be left to the market.  To me it would be hard to convince my good hash making friends to give away good hash for a certain marijuana coin let alone bitcoin.  

And are any two grams of hash the same?  I mean a low grade hash has the same 1 coin value as a gram of super high quality hash? There's dudes with 250k+ coins, do you know anyone hoarding 250k grams of hash?

Not bashing, I am really interested.  I just can't imagine how it could be feasible for growers to do this with a never decreasing supply of coins which will supposedly reach $35-$45 per coin and an higly increasing demand for product even for just cash?   I just don't think there are enough crypto/cannabis enthusiasts to push it to that level, only speculators and speculators generally just pump and dump.

This coin is spread out over many more cannabis users than any coin, this coin has probably the most supporters, but most of them are dormant waiting for the next big crypto rush to happen and return. (which looks like people are coming back to bitcoin and thus will enter the altcoin market again).

let me know what you think dude.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Hello.  Just wondering...  Does this project grow their own weed?  I am looking into investing in pot based coins for the long term.  

they don't need to, they got this -> http://goldengatesgreenest.com  launching late this week or early next week!

G3 will provide super potent medical cannabis from the best growers in Northern California....for Bitcoin & Potcoin Cheesy

I was at the San Francisco Bitcoin Meetup and talked about our company.  https://youtu.be/Q5dmtFyInM8 I start talking about our cannabis organization at 1:01:00
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hello.  Just wondering...  Does this project grow their own weed?  I am looking into investing in pot based coins for the long term. 

Hey.

The roadmap indicates this in the next month (July): "Begin Potcoin Strain Development". I also remember a discussion in the reddit subreddit (/r/potcoin). Maybe posting/asking there is better as its more active.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Hello.  Just wondering...  Does this project grow their own weed?  I am looking into investing in pot based coins for the long term. 
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Last day of the Roadmap for switching to POSv.

Come on.
Not this type of shit again....

What type of shit?

There was an developer update three weeks ago ( https://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/39bb3n/potcoin_posv_progress_developer_update/ ) that already stated there will be a delay of a month because of switching and then an update from RedRhino007 ( https://www.reddit.com/r/potcoin/comments/3bfqjj/algorithm_switch_whats_the_latest_news_redrhino007/ ) yesterday.

big divergence in price and market cap going on right now.
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
Last day of the Roadmap for switching to POSv.

Come on.
Not this type of shit again....
Jump to: