Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 255. (Read 920101 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100
In the past 1-2 weeks, there has been some news about potcoin which brought in new buyers and kept the coin from sinking.
potcoin should have been at 1000 (or less) 1-2 weeks ago except that some new publicity kept it from sinking
Now that publicity has worn off. The big holders are panicking and dumping.  Now is a good time to buy.

Some good news.  It appears the net hash rate has decreased a little.
The mine&dump people are starting to leave.

Nah actually I was here when the price started going down and it's due to the developers announcement that we wouldn't be switching to an asic resistant algorithm. I don't think this is fair for the people who have been with the coin since day one. Coins done for it at this rate which is sad =(

So ASIC's are the new face of evil?!

Amazing how the ASIC' are leaving POT coin then in droves... yes... the price has fallen to 1000, but the difficulty has fallen to less than 15 right in line with where it was when the price was at 1000 a few weeks ago. In case you are wondering... I have been mining this since a few days after launch... stopped mining POT when the difficulty went over 22 because it was not profitable... will get back in the next few days. And I completely expected this to happen, POT was listed on Cryptsy and thus has been added to the multi-pool algos... so I have actually been expecting the price to drop back to 1000 and even back to 800-ish... since the last price rise was a pump and there has been no real reason for POT price to rise at this moment.

Absolutely nothing to do with ASIC's... but you are welcome to believe that if you want.

So, foreseeing the price decline and recognizing the pump, did you sell into the strength ?  Only curious because I have yarded up on this coin in the hope it has excellent long term potential...
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
In the past 1-2 weeks, there has been some news about potcoin which brought in new buyers and kept the coin from sinking.
potcoin should have been at 1000 (or less) 1-2 weeks ago except that some new publicity kept it from sinking
Now that publicity has worn off. The big holders are panicking and dumping.  Now is a good time to buy.

Some good news.  It appears the net hash rate has decreased a little.

Nah actually I was here when the price started going down and it's due to the developers announcement that we wouldn't be switching to an asic resistant algorithm. I don't think this is fair for the people who have been with the coin since day one. Coins done for it at this rate which is sad =(

So ASIC's are the new face of evil?!

Amazing how the ASIC' are leaving POT coin then in droves... yes... the price has fallen to 1000, but the difficulty has fallen to less than 15 right in line with where it was when the price was at 1000 a few weeks ago. In case you are wondering... I have been mining this since a few days after launch... stopped mining POT when the difficulty went over 22 because it was not profitable... will get back in the next few days. And I completely expected this to happen, POT was listed on Cryptsy and thus has been added to the multi-pool algos... so I have actually been expecting the price to drop back to 1000 and even back to 800-ish... since the last price rise was a pump and there has been no real reason for POT price to rise at this moment.

Absolutely nothing to do with ASIC's... but you are welcome to believe that if you want.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

http://pot.scryptominers.com

Our members have already mined over 18,750,000 POT Cool

2 POT block finder bonus.
PPLNS (Pay Per Last N Shares) reward system
Round earnings credited after 40 confirms.
All block transaction fees are passed along to miners.
Minimum payout: 1 POT.

We process payouts every 60 seconds.

Activity: 658
Merit: 534
Now that publicity has worn off. The big holders are panicking and dumping.  Now is a good time to buy.

Some good news.  It appears the net hash rate has decreased a little.

So where and when can we download the Imaginary Android App ?

I've been kinda wondering the same thing.....it's been "almost ready" for weeks now....I understand testing, bugs, etc...but figured it woulda been released by now

Kinda curious about progress on those "industry specfic" POS terminals as well...

Hopefully we'll get some good news 4/20 roll-out !
Activity: 37
Merit: 0

I've been kinda wondering the same thing.....it's been "almost ready" for weeks now....I understand testing, bugs, etc...but figured it woulda been released by now
I have seen some comments referring to "short sales"... Do Mintpal or Cryptsy allow these trades ?
Activity: 33
Now that publicity has worn off. The big holders are panicking and dumping.  Now is a good time to buy.

Some good news.  It appears the net hash rate has decreased a little.
I have a GPU farm mining HeavyCoin as of recent! Its feature set is worth a mention, It was once CPU only and GPU's just got let in the party not to long ago and miners run really cool! Great for summer and not asic friendly...

Asics are already here! If you were doing any kind of multipool action you know the price has been anchoring..

It maybe a binary moment for a lot of coins! Theres not gonna be any in-between... Sometimes innovation is enough and a grasping of opportunity is all that matters but i think our situation is dependent upon more factors and one that sticks out like a sore thumb is "timing"~

HVC is doing well and will continue to do well because of the timing & innovation!! It came right at the right time when GPU's are "shifting" from scrypt and its making a market for itself by giving miners an "opportune" moment !

For POT it seems the halving conversation has blown up into an all out are we "changing" from scrypt conversation.
Rightly so as the slaughtering of the market proceeds by the asics but, even tho that binary moment maybe among us soon.. the difference in yea or nea may not be as important as the timing!

I dont think we have enough swagg to carry us pass any round of asics..  The reaper is among us and maneuver away we must!! I didnt just mention HVC by chance .. I secretly wish POT had some of its features like the temporal retargeting but our chance to innovate is handcuffed to a timing variable amongst others so im not sure how long we have an opportunity to grasp for our defining moment~

Its make or break time! Cmon POT!!!

He already made the decision. He said not moving from scrypt. Price will continue to plummit. The decision should have been made days ago to switch. Potcoin prices have been steadily rising and this is the first time it's taken such a big loss and its ALL from saying we wont change algos. I come here checking to hopefully see he changes his mind so I can quickly rebuy my pot... but I don't think he understands the seriousness.

EDIT: Developer. Can we please get an explanation as to why you are doing this?
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1004
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I have a GPU farm mining HeavyCoin as of recent! Its feature set is worth a mention, It was once CPU only and GPU's just got let in the party not to long ago and miners run really cool! Great for summer and not asic friendly...

Asics are already here! If you were doing any kind of multipool action you know the price has been anchoring..

It maybe a binary moment for a lot of coins! Theres not gonna be any in-between... Sometimes innovation is enough and a grasping of opportunity is all that matters but i think our situation is dependent upon more factors and one that sticks out like a sore thumb is "timing"~

HVC is doing well and will continue to do well because of the timing & innovation!! It came right at the right time when GPU's are "shifting" from scrypt and its making a market for itself by giving miners an "opportune" moment !

For POT it seems the halving conversation has blown up into an all out are we "changing" from scrypt conversation.
Rightly so as the slaughtering of the market proceeds by the asics but, even tho that binary moment maybe among us soon.. the difference in yea or nea may not be as important as the timing!

I dont think we have enough swagg to carry us pass any round of asics..  The reaper is among us and maneuver away we must!! I didnt just mention HVC by chance .. I secretly wish POT had some of its features like the temporal retargeting but our chance to innovate is handcuffed to a timing variable amongst others so im not sure how long we have an opportunity to grasp for our defining moment~

Its make or break time! Cmon POT!!!

Merit: 504

I don't believe your story.
Give me a break. It's all to clear why and who you are advocating here.

Once you, the average Joe, will eventually receive your Gridseed devices, they will be already outdated.
After some long, long postponed delivery.

And the right figure is 2,425.00 $ for 3 Mhash and all sold out.
And you will be very disappointed how cheap they are manufactured.
Be careful not to brake them already, when unpacking them.

And no, they won't do X11.
You will end up having bought some very expensive fans.
You can spend your days mining Flappycoin then, because everything of value will have switched to better math.

You're a LIAR, bootlicking for the elite.

I don't even own a gridseed and I don't plan on buying one. Their competition will be hitting the markets soon. Those I will buy.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Well, maybe you should really change algo or get some kind of anti asic shield but i guess this isn't possible that easily..
A gridseed unit costs $160 and hashes at 350 kh/s  w/ power use: 7 Watts
An R9 270 GPU costs $200 and hashes at 450 kh/s  w/ power use: 150 watts

ASIC's such as these are good for the coin industry.  Affordable and efficient.
Sorry to bring bad news but grossly inefficient gpu mining must die.

Nvidia is already making efficient gpu's for mining (GTX 750).
Inefficient gpu's will not be able to compete against newer efficient gpu's, and certainly not against ASIC's.
Even x11 can't save inefficient gpu's.
Most of the people purchasing asics are doing so to mine ltc and have no interest in holding other coins long term, they will simply mine them to dump them.

GPU owners are already mining and dumping potcoins.  ASIC's are the least of potcoin's problems right now.
potcoin needs good news.  As long as there is no new good news, greedy gpu miners will continue to mine and dump.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 640
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

I don't think we are going to agree, so I will change the subject. I am interested in the harassment from your apartment management and electric company. What have they told you? I wouldn't be surprised if some people have been raided because they thought they had a huge grow op.

During peak summer times the building struggles to keep cool and then everybody cranks the A/C up. When I had my GPUs running it would be too much current for the building and throw a circuit breaker. Needless to say, my neighbors were not happy.

I moved in to that place because it was supposedly renovated. Turns out they did everything but the electrical system and even just a few extra KW is too much. Great. Anyways the electric company didn't so much as threaten me as ask me to reduce my consumption to avoid brown outs.

I sold off some of my GPUs to get down to a level where I'm not tripping the breaker, but they still bother me about it every month. I will be going the ASIC route very soon. Gridseed was the first but many more will be coming this Summer.
!

I don't believe your story.
Give me a break. It's all to clear why and who you are advocating here.

Once you, the average Joe, will eventually receive your Gridseed devices, they will be already outdated.
After some long, long postponed delivery.

And the right figure is 2,425.00 $ for 3 Mhash and all sold out.
And you will be very disappointed how cheap they are manufactured.
Be careful not to brake them already, when unpacking them.

And no, they won't do X11.
You will end up having bought some very expensive fans.
You can spend your days mining Flappycoin then, because everything of value will have switched to better math.

You're a LIAR, bootlicking for the elite.

You decide.

Is this accurate? I thought gridseeds had a much higher initial cost, and you had to buy a crapload of them to equal 1 graphics card worth of hashing power.

Depends on where you look and how many you buy. 10+ usually gets you $160 per

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/from-138scrypt-hash-gridseeds-china-distribution-agent-525965

There are some resellers selling single units at ~$160-$185 but are just not the more well known distributors:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wtseu-update-gridseed-350khs-160-oc-489khs-180-529021
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/in-stock-gridseed-usb-miners-18995-with-free-hosting-and-electricity-520191
Activity: 182

You decide.

Is this accurate? I thought gridseeds had a much higher initial cost, and you had to buy a crapload of them to equal 1 graphics card worth of hashing power.

I don't think we are going to agree, so I will change the subject. I am interested in the harassment from your apartment management and electric company. What have they told you? I wouldn't be surprised if some people have been raided because they thought they had a huge grow op.

During peak summer times the building struggles to keep cool and then everybody cranks the A/C up. When I had my GPUs running it would be too much current for the building and throw a circuit breaker. Needless to say, my neighbors were not happy.

I moved in to that place because it was supposedly renovated. Turns out they did everything but the electrical system and even just a few extra KW is too much. Great. Anyways the electric company didn't so much as threaten me as ask me to reduce my consumption to avoid brown outs.

I sold off some of my GPUs to get down to a level where I'm not tripping the breaker, but they still bother me about it every month. I will be going the ASIC route very soon. Gridseed was the first but many more will be coming this Summer.
Oh, now its the argument of safety for the blockchain.
Sounds like the usual fear mongering. Suddenly the blockchains are in danger, without ASICs.
Altcoins were just fine without ASICs. Bitcoin would be much better off without them.

Why should I throw my money at a bunch of elite wankers trying to take another business over, if it's avoidable?

The same reason you threw your money at a gpu.

You decide.

Jump to: