Author

Topic: [POT]PotCoin - Banking for the Legal Cannabis Industry ✦ ✦ ✦Grow With Us ✦ ✦ ✦ - page 252. (Read 920101 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
I wanna give Mary Jane a Kiss.. Hey yeah, can we get any higher!

nice advertising you got there, come to competing coin and advertise your stuff... I wouldn't mine dopecoin if you paid me. The logo is misleading, it should be a needle on the front of the coin instead of a logo of weed. People who smoke weed don't call it dope. People who don't do weed call it dope. People who really do do dope call it heroin. Its like calling a Coke a pepsi even though they are different sodas, they are both colas but its the name/taste that says them apart. Let me go to http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dope

Dope
People who do not do drugs call Marajuanna Dope.
People who do Marajuanna call Heroin Dope.
Word has also been used to describe how good somthing is.
Don't you be somkin' dope! ( AKA Marajuanna )

OMG, I smoke the green but I don't do dope ( AKA Heroin )

Man that car is dope!

Lol.... man you are retarded aren't you ?  Dope doesn't always mean weed , it can be as general as someone saying this is a  "dope/cool" coin.  DopeCoin has nothing to-do with Heroin.  Nobody I know goes around saying Pot either.  I don't go around saying " hey , you got some pot" like nobody does that lol ....how retarded and generic of a name can you come up with then POT its like nobody had an creativity at all  and its going to piss off a lot of people to see it being used as if they own the name Pot ... it's like their whole branding team and marketing dept. was high or something .....  anyways , you are a DopeHead  Grin

Coin is called dopecoin but has a weed symbol on it and is saying mj... I have heard many times people asking for pot. I have never heard of a person who smokes pot ask me for some dope. I am also not a dopehead although I have smoked some weed/pot before. I have never done dope.

I've never done Dope either.  Any coin can be used for whatever are you claiming PotCoin can't be used to buy heroin ? c'mon get real.   And no, nobody asks people for pot. They use ganja , weed or mary jane not Pot. I mean really Pot ? lol ... 
I call mj pot all the time. I think it kind of depends on where you live. But I do think posting about other coins on a thread of a so called competitor is lame. Maybe someone has posted in dopecoins thread about potcoin. Which is lame too. Everyone just needs to chill and support their coin. The more shit talk that goes on about competing coins makes the coin you believe in look like it's backed by jackasses. I love potcoin and can't wait to see what the future holds!!
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
Coin is called dopecoin but has a weed symbol on it and is saying mj... I have heard many times people asking for pot. I have never heard of a person who smokes pot ask me for some dope. I am also not a dopehead although I have smoked some weed/pot before. I have never done dope.

I smoke dope every day.  At least every day I have some.  I often call it 'dope' but that term is a function of my age and the region in which I grew up.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Sacred Soapworks, an all natural and Organic soap, salve, and pet product company is now accepting PotCoin. Check them out @ www.sacredsoapworks.net/  They have some awesome products!

thx, sent to http://www.smokepotcoins.com to get listed on site. If anyone finds any more, they are accepting submissions to get listed free.
Judge allows Arizona boy to be treated with marijuana extract

Last Friday, an Ariz. judge made a significant decision that could potentially revolutionize the way Americans utilize medical marijuana.

Superior Court Judge Katherine Cooper of Maricopa County ruled in favor of allowing five-year-old Zander Welton, who was suffering from debilitating epileptic seizures, to use cannabidiol (CBD), one of 60 cannabinoids discovered in marijuana.

CBD oil, which makes up approximately 40 percent of the plant's extract, has been proven to help treat severe medical problems including Parkinson's disease, schizophrenia, anxiety, depression and even cancer.

Fighting for natural health freedom

The judge's ruling was in response to a lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union on Nov. 13 on behalf of the little boy. The motion requested the court to "rule that the state's medical marijuana law allows uses of marijuana extracts such as resins added to baked goods and creams," reported AZ Central.

While voters approved the Arizona Medical Marijuana Act (AMMA) in 2010, there seemed to be some confusion over whether or not the act included the use of pot extract.

A report by Medical Jane describes how badly the Welton family and their young child had been suffering. Just nine months into the boy's life, he began experiencing violent seizures, and subsequently had portions of his brain removed in two separate surgeries. Not only did the surgeries fail, but prescribing the child heavy doses of deadly pharmaceutical drugs left him with harmful side effects, and no reduction of his seizures.

Finally, the family was introduced to medical marijuana, both the CBD oil and the plant in its dried form. This treatment worked wonders on the boy's health, and his parents soon began to see changes in their child, including increased happiness and the abilities to sleep peacefully, walk backwards and play with his siblings.

Miraculously, he was finally able to go weeks without a single seizure.

The little boy's family finally found hope in what had been a painful, helpless situation, but they were still facing one big problem.

Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery aggressively pursued the Welton family, threatening to prosecute them for administering what he considered illegal marijuana to their son.

Under Montgomery's interpretation, the AMMA only allowed the use of dried flowers, and not CBD oil. Facing prosecution and understandably frightened, the family stopped treating Zander with marijuana extract. "My husband and I made the heartbreaking decision to stop giving Zander the medical marijuana oil," said the boy's mother.

Fortunately for the Welton family, the ACLU got involved and fought for the boy's freedom to choose the treatment that his family deemed most effective. The lawsuit specifically asked for clarification on what exactly is considered legal under the AMMA.

Five months after the ruling, Judge Katherine Cooper ruled that nothing in the AMMA "limits the form in which patients may use medical marijuana.... The AMMA authorized qualifying patients to use extracts, including CBD oil, prepared from the marijuana plant."

She also concluded that marijuana extract "make it feasible for patients who cannot consume the medicine in plant form to receive it another way."

The judge's decision is a giant step forward in granting all Americans natural health freedom and, importantly, immediately saving one boy's life.

Cashy Hyde

Other children have not been so lucky. A three-year-old from Mont. named Cash Hyde suffered from recurring life-threatening brain tumors but finally found relief once he began using cannabis oil. Once on the cannabis oil, Cash's cancer went into remission and he began to get healthy.

The decision to treat Cash with CBD oil came with dire consequences, including threats by police, prosecution that could result in incarceration for the family and also steep fines.

"I've had law enforcement threatening to kick my door down, but I would have done anything to keep Cashy alive," said the boy's father, Mike Hyde.

Aggression from law enforcement against patients using pot extract stems from Big Pharma's determination to keep pot extract illegal. Why? Because they're fully aware that they could lose billions of dollars if pot extract were to replace prescription drugs, which it's fully capable of doing for many medical conditions.

Currently, Big Pharma is unable to regulate CBD oil because it's a naturally occurring compound and therefore cannot be patented. The last thing this billion-dollar-a-year industry wants is for patients to effectively treat themselves with a natural herb that can grow relatively easily in their backyard.

Tragically, under pressure from the Feds, the state of Montana cracked down on medical marijuana, forcing many dispensaries to close and subsequently cutting off Cash's cannabis oil supply. His cancer soon returned and he passed away in his father's arms in late 2012.

His story was featured in a documentary called America's Drug War 2: Cannabis Destiny, produced by Kevin Booth.

Saving lives

Despite the horrible outcome for the Hyde family, thanks to Judge Cooper the outcome will not be the same for the Welton family.

Now that Zander's seizures have been significantly reduced, the possibilities surrounding the improvement of his health are endless.

Hopefully the judge's decision will bring awareness and change, both legislatively and in the health community. Suffering and dying patients deserve the freedom to choose which treatment best suits them and their condition.
http://www.naturalnews.com/044489_marijuana_extract_cannabidiol_Arizona.html
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Sacred Soapworks, an all natural and Organic soap, salve, and pet product company is now accepting PotCoin. Check them out @ www.sacredsoapworks.net/  They have some awesome products!
Activity: 34
Any update from the devs re android wallet and POS?

Oh gosh they don't have that yet ? DopeCoin does.

nice advertising you got there, come to competing coin and advertise your stuff... I wouldn't mine dopecoin if you paid me. The logo is misleading, it should be a needle on the front of the coin instead of a logo of weed. People who smoke weed don't call it dope. People who don't do weed call it dope. People who really do do dope call it heroin. Its like calling a Coke a pepsi even though they are different sodas, they are both colas but its the name/taste that says them apart. Let me go to http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dope

Dope

Man that car is dope!

Lol.... man you are retarded aren't you ?  Dope doesn't always mean weed , it can be as general as someone saying this is a  "dope/cool" coin.  DopeCoin has nothing to-do with Heroin.  Nobody I know goes around saying Pot either.  I don't go around saying " hey , you got some pot" like nobody does that lol ....how retarded and generic of a name can you come up with then POT its like nobody had an creativity at all  and its going to piss off a lot of people to see it being used as if they own the name Pot ... it's like their whole branding team and marketing dept. was high or something .....  anyways , you are a DopeHead  Grin

I've never done Dope either.  Any coin can be used for whatever are you claiming PotCoin can't be used to buy heroin ? c'mon get real.   And no, nobody asks people for pot. They use ganja , weed or mary jane not Pot. I mean really Pot ? lol ... 
Activity: 625
Merit: 250
io.ezystayz.com
Any update from the devs re android wallet and POS?

Dope

Man that car is dope!

Dope

Man that car is dope!

Activity: 1191
Merit: 506
This is who we are.

Dope

Man that car is dope!

I didnt see tht!  pray for me MJ

Dope

Man that car is dope!
Hey look everyone! The guy who stole the 4 million PotCoin from CryptoRush is blatantly dumping on Cryptsy, pic related
http://imgur.com/gjcn95w

He just dumped 106K and 46K and is now dumping another 69K. He obviously doesn't give a single fuck either, it's obviously him. At this rate he should be done dumping in about 2 weeks. Enjoy the really, really, really cheap prices that should be coming. Sorry to anyone who lost their coins. If he's in the U.S. (doubtful) he could possibly get arrested, who knows?

Are you fuckin' stoned? Would you accuse me of stealing the Cryptorush coins if I chose to dump 200k coins?

:DogeyMcDoge
After seeing some posts on BCT last night about missing Potcoins on CR, I thought I would check my skype logs again. Uh oh.
I don't know the exact amount that was sold, but this was a converstion between LinkandZelda and I on the 24th. I was chatting him via mobile, and saw he sold some coins, but did not catch that it was 60 BTC worth of POT MZC and AUR.
I believe he did not keep them for himself, but rather put them into the exchange balance to keep some withdraws going through.

leaked chat logs from criptorush conversation
http://pastebin.com/hAfhJnfz

I have censored Skype names in this chat.

[3/24/2014 9:42:32 PM] *Link*: we sold about 150 BTC worth of shares last week
[3/24/2014 9:42:51 PM] *Link*: and we also sold some of the on site balance of mazacoin, pot coin and AUR
[3/24/2014 9:42:58 PM] *Link*: that brought in another 60 odd BTC
[3/24/2014 9:43:05 PM] *Link*: and even that much wasn't enough to sustain anything
[3/24/2014 9:43:31 PM] *Link*: I'm thinking more and more to pull some sort of statement
[3/24/2014 9:43:39 PM] *Link*: but our position is a lot tougher than that
[3/24/2014 9:43:43 PM] *Dogey*: cuz of fyr
[3/24/2014 9:43:49 PM] *Dogey*: and the supposed 500,000
[3/24/2014 9:43:50 PM] *Dogey*: well
[3/24/2014 9:43:52 PM] *Link*: yep
[3/24/2014 9:43:55 PM] *Dogey*: Heres what.
[3/24/2014 9:44:01 PM] *Link*: not just that, but the fact we opened CRS
[3/24/2014 9:44:15 PM] *Link*: making people invest in an insolvent company is really fraud
[3/24/2014 9:44:36 PM] *Link*: without announcing it before hand at least
Hello everyone! I am fairly new to PotCoin and Bitcoin.  Recent news has me asking a few questions... I am a merchant looking into accepting PotCoin within my 3 dispensaries I own. I have had many 'cash' problems and I am tired of dealing with the banks. I read several articles online over the past week and have begun doing a lot of research on PotCoin.

Has there been any official PotCoin or CryptoRush statements regarding the PotCoin that was stolen? About 7.5% of the current circulated PotCoin were involved in this hack I think this needs to be addressed by someone...

Part of my research has been figuring out the stability of the coin...
* 18+million coins have been mined by a group called scryptominers who are notorious for just dumping coins
* 4+ million coins were hacked

As a merchant looking at PotCoin for future I see 40%+ of the current PotCoins as what you guys call 'dumpable' and is currently apparently being seen within the market... What kind of advantage is there to using PotCoin vs. BitCoin? How can there be ANY stability if 40%+ of the market is just waiting to dump their coins?

PLEASE correct me if I am wrong I am just trying to understand how PotCoin can be beneficial to my businesses under such volatility.

I can only say that they used to dump bitcoins like they were nothing back in the day. Heck a faucet every 3-4 hours could get you 3-4 coins per try. Now that same faucet would be essentially giving out 1500-2k easily if they were giving the same amount out. Also a pizza costed 10,000 btc if you are seeing where I am going with this... Adoption = rise in price = more uses=greater steady price. Its like if thousands of people had say a dollar but no one would take it for anything, it would not be worth nothing, not even if you combined thousands of them. Now if just 10 people took it, people would trade it there then others would start taking it then it rises in price as adoption grows. People will mine coins and dump anything, even high profitable coins/bitcoin/42coin/21coin etc. Some people just don't care about price, they immidiately want some btc. Others do care and keep their coins but maybe trade some coins for others. Say I want to buy something from one store and they only take (insert coin name here) and I have lots of (insert other coin name here). I can sell my (other coin name here) and trade them for (first coin name) and they can be used at the store I wanted to purchase from. I basically did dump, but exchanged one medium for another because I wanted the item that only took coin (1) as opposed to coin (2).
This is who we are.

Starting immediately we will be offering members of the DopeCoin community with a reward for joining us on this adventure.
Every month we will be giving away a $100 USD gift certificate to a local, legal dispensary of your choice.

You don't live in an area that allows legal recreational marijuana use?

No Problem! We will be pleased to offer you a gift certificate to one of our brick and mortar retailers or online shops of your choice that currently accept DopeCoin.

But Dopey, I don't smoke weed but would still like to participate in this contest?
We understand that marijuana is not for everyone and we fully respect your right to live your life however you see fit. If you are chosen as a winner and are not interested in any kind of marijuana related products. We will happily provide you with an Amazon Gift Card of equal value.

Wow this sounds great! How does it all work?

Step 1: Register at http://pool.dopecoin.com and start mining
Step 2: Mine for at least 10 days out of the month to automatically qualify regardless of hash power
Step 3: Check the official DopeCoin development thread (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-dopecoin-dopecoin-is-now-on-blockfolio-signal-467641) at the end of the month to see if you have won. No hoops to jump through, No hidden terms, it's just that easy folks.  

First Winner will be announced at the end of April and the contest starts NOW!

At the end of the month the winner will be selected with use of a random number generator and list of valid entrants and will be made publicly transparent to ensure a fair experience for all.  

We have a great community over here at DopeCoin and we are very grateful. Without the communities support this incredible project would not be possible. This is simply our way of saying thanks.

For more information about DopeCoin please visit http://dopecoin.com/ or want to meet the community on BTCtalk visit:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=467641.new#new

Think we are done ? lol nope.... play some DopeCoin games:
http://dopecoin.com/games.php

Activity: 371
Merit: 252
Hey look everyone! The guy who stole the 4 million PotCoin from CryptoRush is blatantly dumping on Cryptsy, pic related
http://imgur.com/gjcn95w

He just dumped 106K and 46K and is now dumping another 69K. He obviously doesn't give a single fuck either, it's obviously him. At this rate he should be done dumping in about 2 weeks. Enjoy the really, really, really cheap prices that should be coming. Sorry to anyone who lost their coins. If he's in the U.S. (doubtful) he could possibly get arrested, who knows?

Are you fuckin' stoned? Would you accuse me of stealing the Cryptorush coins if I chose to dump 200k coins?
Activity: 658
Merit: 504
Hello everyone! I am fairly new to PotCoin and Bitcoin.  Recent news has me asking a few questions... I am a merchant looking into accepting PotCoin within my 3 dispensaries I own. I have had many 'cash' problems and I am tired of dealing with the banks. I read several articles online over the past week and have begun doing a lot of research on PotCoin.

Has there been any official PotCoin or CryptoRush statements regarding the PotCoin that was stolen? About 7.5% of the current circulated PotCoin were involved in this hack I think this needs to be addressed by someone...

* 18+million coins have been mined by a group called scryptominers who are notorious for just dumping coins

As a merchant looking at PotCoin for future I see 40%+ of the current PotCoins as what you guys call 'dumpable' and is currently apparently being seen within the market... What kind of advantage is there to using PotCoin vs. BitCoin? How can there be ANY stability if 40%+ of the market is just waiting to dump their coins?

PLEASE correct me if I am wrong I am just trying to understand how PotCoin can be beneficial to my businesses under such volatility.

ScryptoMiners is not really a group, but a mining pool. The pool itself does not dump anything, but some of the early users who mine there have dumped coins.
"Dumping" isn't necessarily bad. If there is demand for the coins and people are buying them at market price then it doesn't crash, the coins just get re-distributed.

Its also fairly early in this coin's life. Most coins suffer pretty extreme volatility early in their lives. Despite that Potcoin has surprisingly held its value of late. People come in and complain about the price a lot but honestly anything about 1000 Satoshi lands Potcoin inside the top 50 coins in terms of its market cap: coinmarketcap.com  

Not bad for a coin less than 3 months old. Also, the price has actually been fairly stable since the initial bubble.

You can see there was a dip in the last week, probably due to the recent hack of cryptorush, but its rebounding well enough. For a coin barely 2 months old, its been pretty stable.

The developers here are very active. You should also check out the Reddit thread because they are active over there as well and there is a lot more info: www.reddit.com/r/potcoin

You should PM, email or even call the developers. I'm serious they will answer you. If you have questions or suggestions they will want to work with you.
This is who we are.

Hello welcome to the distributed world of p2p financial banking tools.  Yes bitcoin serves a huge role in the adoption of efficient and improved banking.   But don't just focus on the exchange value of a unit, close the loop, help start the cycle of money in relation to expanded settlement and higher velocity by circular sustainability in the specific economies that can benefit most from the increased power politically and otherwise.  In specific marketplaces 50+% of purchases are driven by word of mouth. If a particular region or economy is experiencing a significant change in trade it will only affect other regions if a global currency is being used. We saw the results of this in the financial crisis which started specifically in New York but then spread across the globe. Had a big basket of regional/economic specific currencies been floating in value against each as efficiently as p2p currencies do, the changes are absorbed in more of a centralized way, causing minimal effect outside of a given region. Also this entices stronger currencies to capture the inefficiency of that region/economic market(s), stabilizing it much faster. P2P currencies full potential cannot be obtained with a winner takes all monopoly on trade efficiency as many think, nor is it even remotely possible that 7 billion people on this planet given the choice, are all going to willing accept some global monetary system whether it is centrally controlled or not.  

I have a cooperative business model that I have seed funding for, and am raising investment from Kiva, etc. as it quickly shapes up requiring traditional financial support in the intern.  But in the long run it can be a market that adds sustainability and acts as a voting system to better shape policy and popular support far more efficiently than we could ever hope to globally using any other model.
Activity: 767
Merit: 500
People just need to remain steady. If you want to mine it, mine and stay on your favorite pools. If you want to just hold some coins, buy them now before the price goes up. Pick one, or both.. and stick to it.

Unless you guys were around in BTC's early days, things were no different honestly. Potcoin is still, like its competition, a fetus. It hasn't yet been born into the commercial world, and has yet to grow, but there is great potential.

Right on!
Activity: 182
It's also worth mentioning that this theft, if it was actually theft, pales in comparison to the massive theft of 850,000 bitcoins (which was worth about half a BILLION dollars) from Mt. Gox. I only mention this because you seem to be implying that Bitcoin is safer than Potcoin.
Jump to: