Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency - page 47. (Read 42181 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
How will the Airdrop to BTC-Holders happen?

I just wanted to point out that Stone is not the first DAG which features private transaction (Byteball does already since 2016),

but I am really curious about your project.

Are there any methods to invest? Donating would kinda be "investing"?

I have no raiblocks.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
I've only been a qualified software engineer for the last 13 years for a forbes top 200 company, ill let the code speak for itself.

I'm also a developer with 5 years experience. To know better of Stone I think it's importance for us to know the team background in details, also you are the only developer. Can you be more specific to your tech background and what skills do you exactly use?

I apology if asking too much because can't get much info from this thread. Thanks!
Activity: 12
So that means supply will be BTC+ XRB and some more or will be less.
Is it 1:1 for BTC and 1:1 for XRB?
Or it will be 1:1 for BTC and much less for XRB.

This step needs a good preparation, since we have to prevent whales from getting everything. And especially block exchanges from taking part in the distribution

To be honest, it would be fair to give XRB holders exactly the amount they currently have on their adresses. BUT, then you would have the problem with the whales and also the problem that it makes rich people even richer. So you have to come up with another solution. Since it is very difficult to be fair, one would always have to compromise.

If I were felixando, I would probably do the following (just a suggestion):

Donators
I would hold back 15% for donators and pay them out in percentage of their donation. Here the respective course should be considered at the time of the donation. If we assume a total supply of, for example, 150 million stone, that would mean 22.5 million coins go to the donors. However, I would maintain the opportunity to donate until the coin is published. In this way, you can even later collect enough money for the development and/or your work. Otherwise, the procedure would actually be considered unfair, I think.

XRB Holders
I would distribute 55% to existing XRB holders, but I would only consider accounts that hold more than 1 XRB. That would be about 40,000 accounts. I would pay those accounts exactly the same amount, ie the maximum number of coins divided by 40,000. In this way, the holders who have little get as much as the holders, whom we call whales. Assuming a total supply of 150 million Stone, that would be 82.5 million coins for XRB-Holder or 2,062.5 Stone per account.

Thread-Poster
I would rather divide the 10% for Thread Poster and also think of possible bounties. For this reason, I would give the posters here a maximum of 5% and distribute this in equal parts among the people. That would be at least 7.5 million Stone for those who post here. Another 5% I would necessarily store for any possible upcoming bounties, which could later be awarded for additional work from the community (eg website, whitepaper, translations, moderators, graphics, Facebook and/or Twitter campaigns, YouTube videos, other material, etc.).

Dev-Fund
I would increase the development fund to 10%. For example, for the sake of fairness, 5% could be immediately released (about 7.5 million Stone), another 2.5% (about 3.75 million Stone) can be blocked for 3 years, and another 2.5% (approx 3.75 million Stone) for 6 years. In this way, the Dev (Team) and / or Felixando would have a sufficient fund of development and payment every 3 years.

Faucet
In this way (see above), you would be able to distribute a total of 90% of all coins to the community. Most of them would actually hold XRB, have donated, have participated in the thread and would possibly participate in the future. Felixando would have enough money to develop the project without worry by donations and the dev-fund. Because a secure future for the project is very important. With the remaining 10% (about 15 million Stone) of the coins, I would create a Captcha Faucet, which could also be used very well as a marketing tool.

BTC-Holders
I would completely cancel the BTC Airdrop for BTC Holder. Why should you necessarily participate in BTC Holder? On the one hand you have the problem with the whales and on the other hand there are a lot of (!) mainstream users who may not even know how to claim the new coins. That's why, sooner or later, many coins would be broke here.

But these are just my subjective ideas. Feel free to optimize Smiley

So, in short:
  • 15% for Donators
  • 55% for XRB Holders
  • 5% for Thread-Poster
  • 5% for possible Bounties
  • 10% for Dev-Fund
  • 10% for possible Faucet

PS.: Just by the way @felixando: Testnet, please? Fourth attempt Wink

EDIT:
The total supply of 150 million Stone should be just a suggestion or an example to describe the shares better. How high the total supply really is, of course, is the decision of felixando. So please understand only as an example for the bill. Thank you Smiley
Activity: 80
To implement Zero Knowledge on DAG do you have evidence or technical research to make sure it's possible to finish this?
Activity: 4
Good morning to you all, today will be a small update and recap on recent events/posts, hopefully one of many if i acquire the time to do so. Id like to take this time to earnestly thank my supporters and the people who have been sending supportive and appreciative private messages, also to the donators, development could not continue without you, Thank you.

Distribution

As expressed by a few supporters we have come to the result that we would like to see a substantial plan ahead, which will persist as follows;

30% donators (ending shortly - exact date yet to be announced)
32.5% Airdrop to BTC holders
22.5% Airdrop to existing XRB holders.
10% Givaway (Thread Posters/Twitter Enhancers)
5% Development fund

Stodes (Nodes)

From my findings with the balanced-weighted vote the implementation will not transact in-line in the manner i originally set out to achieve, therefor i have played with the idea of off-chain addresses, t-addresses (Stone) for standard transactions & (zStone) z-addresses, with an exact exchange between paired wallets for an untraceable transaction .My idea further extends to to have Stodes (Nodes), which act as a direct atomic swap 1:1 with Stone & zStone, anyone would be able to see the the swap 1:1 between the two, but no one would be able to see where you have recieved the zStone as it was transacted off-chain.

zStone would not be a seperate currency and not tradable on an exchange, its simply the channel to achieve completely private transactions, with a swap 1:1 with Stone, they would not be worth anymore or any less.

Schematics

OFF-CHAIN
        Bob                    ->           Alice
(zStone) Transactions    ->    (zStone)  Received

SWAP
         Alice                    ->            Ted (Node)      ->          Alice
(zStone) Swap 1:1        ->            Receive/Send       ->    (Stone) Received

Alice receives a private transaction from Bob via zStone, Alice now has 100 zStone, Alice now wants standard Stone, she swaps the 100 zStone for Stone 1:1 via a Stone node. The end result is Alice successfully has completed a private transaction with Bob, and swapped back into the base currency, all within the wallet, this method allows the DAG protocol to still function with its representative method.

Tests

I've been testing the functionality with zkSNARK transactions in a closed server, with positive results, sub ten-second transactions, with privacy.

The following members will take part in testnet, at this stage i do not need any more participants.

Code:
Mate2Mate
PerfectCoinSeeker
no_advance
njoroge
Bamauth
bitcoinuserz
w******t
Nomad_1
Mucamo_35
hoolio
Mckonery
ICOGuide
bitcoinuserz
fedmahnkassad
Dagmen
Worldtokenindex
xibeijan
racka
njoroge
witzowitz
mgpf
Phantomtrader
kaar
jinhwanlazy

https://i.imgur.com/a4TPGFL.png

felixando

Truth be told I am so upset that I hadn't post on this thread when I had first found out on the project. I have also missed a chance to subscribe myself unto the testnet but however I will be throwing something up for donation.
I hope the project succeeds and I will be following it evermore closely; in all honesty - I am seriously surprised as to how fast you got this technology around.

Great work felixando!
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

This step needs a good preparation, since we have to prevent whales from getting everything. And especially block exchanges from taking part in the distribution
Activity: 126
As an XRB holder, I look forward to my airdrop.

If this takes off, I have some powa willing to support a node.

Cheers!
Activity: 5
The distribution plan would work better if it didn't involve airdrop to xrb/btc holders, I believe you should also decrease the proportion given to donators to 15%. Majority should be distributed fairly through a faucet.

- Masternode would be better than airdrop.

Increase the development fund drastically. that's important.

Thanks i look forward to testnet.

Activity: 54
Good morning to you all, today will be a small update and recap on recent events/posts, hopefully one of many if i acquire the time to do so. Id like to take this time to earnestly thank my supporters and the people who have been sending supportive and appreciative private messages, also to the donators, development could not continue without you, Thank you.

Distribution

As expressed by a few supporters we have come to the result that we would like to see a substantial plan ahead, which will persist as follows;

5% Development fund

Stodes (Nodes)

From my findings with the balanced-weighted vote the implementation will not transact in-line in the manner i originally set out to achieve, therefor i have played with the idea of off-chain addresses, t-addresses (Stone) for standard transactions & (zStone) z-addresses, with an exact exchange between paired wallets for an untraceable transaction .My idea further extends to to have Stodes (Nodes), which act as a direct atomic swap 1:1 with Stone & zStone, anyone would be able to see the the swap 1:1 between the two, but no one would be able to see where you have recieved the zStone as it was transacted off-chain.

zStone would not be a seperate currency and not tradable on an exchange, its simply the channel to achieve completely private transactions, with a swap 1:1 with Stone, they would not be worth anymore or any less.

Schematics

OFF-CHAIN

SWAP
(zStone) Swap 1:1        ->            Receive/Send       ->    (Stone) Received

Alice receives a private transaction from Bob via zStone, Alice now has 100 zStone, Alice now wants standard Stone, she swaps the 100 zStone for Stone 1:1 via a Stone node. The end result is Alice successfully has completed a private transaction with Bob, and swapped back into the base currency, all within the wallet, this method allows the DAG protocol to still function with its representative method.

Tests

I've been testing the functionality with zkSNARK transactions in a closed server, with positive results, sub ten-second transactions, with privacy.

The following members will take part in testnet, at this stage i do not need any more participants.

Code:
Mate2Mate
PerfectCoinSeeker
no_advance
njoroge
Bamauth
bitcoinuserz
w******t
Nomad_1
Mucamo_35
hoolio
Mckonery
ICOGuide
bitcoinuserz
fedmahnkassad
Dagmen
Worldtokenindex
xibeijan
racka
njoroge
witzowitz
mgpf
Phantomtrader
kaar
jinhwanlazy

felixando

You my friend are one bad mofo...

I've told you that I'm a bricklayer IRL.  I'm not just any bricklayer dude, I'm a seriously gifted mason.  You get this shit done for us send me a PM and I'll come turn your house into a work-of-fucking art.  Real talk homie. <3
Activity: 360
Merit: 250
I think, as other mentioned, it would be a better idea if you can take a portion from XRB and BTC share and give it to privacy coin holders like monero. People who hold monero or zcash or other privacy coins care more about  projects like this than other coins. Anyway, its dev's project so its his call in the end. just giving ideas for the greater good.

Also, you need to filter out exchange wallets.
Activity: 98
Merit: 8
I support MasterNode.   I donot like airdrop.
Activity: 503
Merit: 102
This is a good question, I was also wondering about that
Activity: 893
Merit: 135
Bitcoin is not a currency or asset. Its a MOVEMENT
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

Distribution

5% Development fund

I hope this distribution is not set is stone (sorry for bad pun Grin).

Why grant paid spammers twice as much as allocated to development?  Do you really want to emphasize Astroturf marketing over development and wind up like Dash?

According to Cardano's Ouroboros research, an honest initial distribution pattern is critical to maintaining the integrity of a Proof-of-Stake system going forward.

Your schema could be tweaked to allow a much longer, fatter tail by expanding the airdrop to LTC and DCR.  That would bring in vastly more participants than BTC and XRB alone, which enhances the probability of achieving an honest staking voter base which cannot be compromised by a handful of BTC and XRB whales.
I am wondering why not ETH instead of LTC?

Limiting airdrops to the most well-distributed forks of BTC, IE LTC and DCR, allows for more code reuse than designing/writing/testing another redemption mechanism for ETH, which is based on entirely different code and crypto primitives.

But if Stone did support airdrop for ETH we could use it for ETC too.

I have no idea how bolting ring sigs onto XRB compares to the existing plan.  That's crypto-magic way above my hat size and is entirely the dev's call.
legendary
Activity: 1256
Merit: 1009

Distribution

5% Development fund

I hope this distribution is not set is stone (sorry for bad pun Grin).

Why grant paid spammers twice as much as allocated to development?  Do you really want to emphasize Astroturf marketing over development and wind up like Dash?

According to Cardano's Ouroboros research, an honest initial distribution pattern is critical to maintaining the integrity of a Proof-of-Stake system going forward.

Your schema could be tweaked to allow a much longer, fatter tail by expanding the airdrop to LTC and DCR.  That would bring in vastly more participants than BTC and XRB alone, which enhances the probability of achieving an honest staking voter base which cannot be compromised by a handful of BTC and XRB whales.

I thought all you did was snort coke, bash BCash & troll everything but Monero Icebreaker Tongue

Whatya give the odds that this isn't a scam?  Someone needs to do ring signatures + DAG
Activity: 3
Looks good. Are any of the testnet users able to provide any information?
Also what exchanges are you planning to aim for first of all?
When will the donation time stop?
Activity: 28
Airdrops are not good, you could exchange them for an incentive system to the Stods (Stone Nodes)  Huh

Node incentive models need either continious PoW/PoS inflation or transaction fees to work. A fixed number of coins can't really manage this as sooner or later they will run out in 1-5-20 years or whatever time.
Okay, it's just my idea trying to put together the best of dag with blockchain.

But it would be a very good way to distribute the coins in a heterogeneous way and maintain a secure network for much longer until you have enough users to have no problems.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001
180 BPM
Airdrops are not good, you could exchange them for an incentive system to the Stods (Stone Nodes)  Huh

Node incentive models need either continious PoW/PoS inflation or transaction fees to work. A fixed number of coins can't really manage this as sooner or later they will run out in 1-5-20 years or whatever time.
FRIKKIN BOOM!

so tempting to donate more, this is looking real good.
Avoid donations, when the system works and is not scam then you can reward the developers for their work, it happens that you should not trust projects that ask for gifts before showing work, if the project is good even if it is not a fraud I take my and apologize to everyone.

Distribution

5% Development fund

Stodes (Nodes)

Schematics

OFF-CHAIN

SWAP

Tests

Code:
Mate2Mate
PerfectCoinSeeker
no_advance
njoroge
Bamauth
bitcoinuserz
w******t
Nomad_1
Mucamo_35
hoolio
Mckonery
ICOGuide
bitcoinuserz
fedmahnkassad
Dagmen
Worldtokenindex
xibeijan
racka
njoroge
witzowitz
mgpf
Phantomtrader
kaar
jinhwanlazy

felixando

Airdrops are not good, you could exchange them for an incentive system to the Stods (Stone Nodes)  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: