Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRE-ANN] Stone - DAG Data-Structured Private Cryptocurrency - page 90. (Read 42181 times)

copper member
Activity: 137
Merit: 31
Now this sounds like a good idea.

No wasting time, no marketing smoke and mirrors, just a focus on development.

How long do you think this will take?

Will you need a trusted setup with key signing like for ZCash?

I heard there is a thing called ZStarks (or something like that) that does not require the trusted setup.

Exactly, there should be no need for smoke and mirrors with any cryptocurrency related project, i'm not interested in selling a fluff project, i'm interested in presenting the code upon completion, and that will be the decider.

I have done a small amount of research on STARK's, and from what i can see there proofs are too large for a DAG/blockchain, perhaps in the future this may be a possibility.

From what i read, STARK's require ~1.2MB proof, whereas zk-SNARK only require~300bytes proof, also STARK's require around 140gb memory for proving. For now i am experimenting, researching and brainstorming the best methodology, i have a few possible scenario's/ ideas, which require testing.

The whole project to a beta release should only take ~1-2 months in an ideal world.

Anonymous DAG-based decentralized value is a great step. Watching.

Thankyou for supporting.

Keep an eye on this, any idea of a drafted roadmap?

No sorry not at this stage, i have my personal scrap drafts but they are no where near presentable.

How will i do if i want to get this token?

Hi, sorry it is not available at this stage.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
How will i do if i want to get this token?
vsh
Activity: 29
Whilst we are on the subject, would anyone like to suggest a fair method of distribution? I'm not interested in large holders gaining most of the supply, i don't approve of these pump schemes. I've been pondering around a multi-method distribution, similar to a bitcoin airdrop, but with using multi currency snapshot 70% to XRB/BTC, and with the remaining 30% to donators. This is just a thought, please don't be afraid to suggest idea's.
You can use not only crypto assets for airdrop but some online services: e.g. airdrop based on number github commits in top repos, or geolocation, or similar real-life metrics.

I heard there is a thing called ZStarks (or something like that) that does not require the trusted setup.
zk-starks are pretty much very experimental right now, there's not enough info on them to implement and they are not time-tested at all yet.
Activity: 702
Merit: 102
I am the Kung Fury...
Keep an eye on this, any idea of a drafted roadmap?
legendary
Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042
@notsofast
Anonymous DAG-based decentralized value is a great step. Watching.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Now this sounds like a good idea.

No wasting time, no marketing smoke and mirrors, just a focus on development.

How long do you think this will take?

Will you need a trusted setup with key signing like for ZCash?

copper member
Interesting, need some more info from you dev and the project, I will donate some BTC to $STONE as I did for $XEL. Hope to hear some more news on this project soon. Cheers. Grin

Thank you, appreciate that.

you say "Stone will be forked from the RaiBlocks codebase"
so Stone will have the same supply like Raiblocks $XRB? around 133M (after burn) or around 300M (before burn)?

These details are yet to be determined, but i'm leaning towards a 100M supply cap.

Whilst we are on the subject, would anyone like to suggest a fair method of distribution? I'm not interested in large holders gaining most of the supply, i don't approve of these pump schemes. I've been pondering around a multi-method distribution, similar to a bitcoin airdrop, but with using multi currency snapshot 70% to XRB/BTC, and with the remaining 30% to donators. This is just a thought, please don't be afraid to suggest idea's.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 507
btcstakes.com
Interesting, need some more info from you dev and the project, I will donate some BTC to $STONE as I did for $XEL. Hope to hear some more news on this project soon. Cheers. Grin
Activity: 546
Merit: 102
you say "Stone will be forked from the RaiBlocks codebase"
so Stone will have the same supply like Raiblocks $XRB? around 133M (after burn) or around 300M (before burn)?
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
B2B - Find, Connect, Trade
Interesting concepts and have some innovative functions. the hard work of dev is worth encouraging and appreciating. hope it will be successful.
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
Good idea. It will be popular for sure.

I just wish people would contact the main project and suggest the idea before forking off to another project.

We can accomplish more together folks.  Kiss
Activity: 406
Merit: 253
I agree that DAG is the future. However, have you considered joining the Raiblocks team to help develop privacy solutions? It seems to me that we should concentrate our efforts to gather the best team around this great technology.

Saying that, I love the name STONE and it's logo. Sounds a way better brand than raiblocks to me.
Will you be setting up a twitter account or a telegram announcements group? It would be great for those of us who want to follow this project closely.

EDIT: one more question... Byteball, another DAG cryptocurrency already has it's own privacy solution in the form of Blackbites. In what way will your coin have an advantage over it (besides being fee-less)?
vsh
Activity: 29
Do you need help with making it? I'd like to give a hand on a few simpler tasks.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 255
We can't just take your word though. Circumstances I think needs precautions Cheesy Is there an escrow that you think can help you have the funds which will be  released every time is needed? Multisig of course. We all know the scammers attempt here so that's just a fair condition. Hope this don't get deleted. Crossfingers!
Activity: 602
Merit: 110
The key concept in your project is a free instant transaction. If it falls on the leading stock exchanges, the transport of funds between exchanges and purses will be carried out through this coin. But, how will the services of the master classes be paid?
copper member
I think this is great project, do you have another information about this project like website, roadmap and whitepaper?

Hi, this is a pre-ann, so its a stripped down version lacking all the fluff. I'm not attempting to sell a product, so i feel there is need to create hype whitepapers + website's at the moment, the code  will speak for itself, after there's a working version, we will focus on advertising.
Activity: 139
Merit: 6
Link to the github?
Activity: 672
Merit: 10
simply getting the job done
I think this is great project, do you have another information about this project like website, roadmap and whitepaper?
copper member

RaiBlocks is an interesting coin, I've been doing it since February this year, but how much do I remember they have a problem with the wallet? are you from the team? what exactly do you want to change? or just a fork? and the moderated branch will only push you away. (I think only if the Russian branch  Grin)
Correct, it's an extremely interesting creation by Colin, and i do believe DAG based currencies will be the future, which is why i am starting work on the first optional-anonymous based DAG, i am not from the RaiBlocks team, Stone will be a fork, the first fork to my knowledge.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 251

RaiBlocks is an interesting coin, I've been doing it since February this year, but how much do I remember they have a problem with the wallet? are you from the team? what exactly do you want to change? or just a fork? and the moderated branch will only push you away. (I think only if the Russian branch  Grin)
Pages:
Jump to: