Pages:
Author

Topic: [Pre-ANN][BRO] BreakoutCoin | Bergstake | BottlessNight | Gaming Platform + - page 4. (Read 20878 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Speaking of DPOS, I was thinking that BitUSD would be the perfect crypto to use for a poker site, if you weren't making your own.

is BitUSD live? active? viable? have not looked into bitshares since the old whitepapers.

Seriously? LOLOLOLOL  Cheesy

Check out #4 on the coin market cap

https://coinmarketcap.com/
Activity: 410
Merit: 250
Proof-of-Skill - protoblock.com
Speaking of DPOS, I was thinking that BitUSD would be the perfect crypto to use for a poker site, if you weren't making your own.

is BitUSD live? active? viable? have not looked into bitshares since the old whitepapers.
i like this coin but i really dont trust ICO  Angry

Please explain your mistrust. Without an ICO, only miners would be able to obtain BRO. With the Bergstake feature, we feel that the risk of large miners / pools would having a majority stake is to large. So the initial offering, should work to distribute coins to investors / smaller miners / crypto-newbies.
If this is the only reason for the ICO then I'll suggest you to adapt some other distribution model rather than mining I mean something like what Captcoin adapted or probably signature based distribution etc.

Captcoin and all other coin-age based PoS coins, are really not decentralized currencies, stake grinding and nothing-at-stake, has forced all these coins into over reliance of developer checkpoints. If your going to do 100% pre-mine, might as well do DPOS.

We feel that active miners add more than just security to a coin, it builds a base of users with intimate knowledge of coin, and sweat equity helps in the long term survival.

Please explain your mistrust. Without an ICO, only miners would be able to obtain BRO. With the Bergstake feature, we feel that the risk of large miners / pools would having a majority stake is to large. So the initial offering, should work to distribute coins to investors / smaller miners / crypto-newbies.
If this is the only reason for the ICO then I'll suggest you to adapt some other distribution model rather than mining I mean something like what Captcoin adapted or probably signature based distribution etc.

Captcoin and all other coin-age based PoS coins, are really not decentralized currencies, stake grinding and nothing-at-stake, has forced all these coins into over reliance of developer checkpoints. If your going to do 100% pre-mine, might as well do DPOS.

We feel that active miners add more than just security to a coin, it builds a base of users with intimate knowledge of coin, and sweat equity helps in the long term survival.
Sounds cool, so everything will be available tomorrow?

Monday the earliest. The should be an official update tomorrow.
Interesting project gents, have me wondering about the following:

Considering that Bergstake is a significant innovation, sitting/waiting on it for two years of PoW is largely unattractive (in my mind).
Would you consider activating Bergstake sooner, perhaps having a stage of concurrent PoW and PoS?

Once POW ends and Bergstake starts,  it will be impossible to obtain more Bergstake. So whatever the distribution looks like at that point, will continue forever. The two years of mining  coupled with the ICO, should have the effect of distributing the Bergstake as widely as possible.

Think of the bergstake as an out-of-the money call option, or lottery ticket, that you get for free each time you solve POW. ICO investors will also get Bergstake.

In the limit as as POW time gets closer to 0 , the coin basically becomes a 100% pre-mine, which we do not want.

Interesting idea regarding concurrent PoW / PoS , would have to flush this out.

Also, will the ICO allow participation for someone that does not have a local BTC wallet? I only ever use web wallets for BTC, and the automagic distribution of BRO to ICO buyers sounds to me as depending on access to one's BTC keys. Please elaborate.

Best of luck!
~ Myagui

@myagui - yes, the basic method would depend on a access to local BTC keys.  we are working on a solution that would enable the use of web wallets.

if anyone has some suggestions we would love to hear. bounties will be available.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
i like this coin but i really dont trust ICO  Angry

Please explain your mistrust. Without an ICO, only miners would be able to obtain BRO. With the Bergstake feature, we feel that the risk of large miners / pools having a majority stake is to large. So the initial offering, should work to distribute coins to investors / smaller miners / crypto-newbies.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
The Future of Security Tokens
Sounds cool, so everything will be available tomorrow?

Considering that Bergstake is a significant innovation, sitting/waiting on it for two years of PoW is largely unattractive (in my mind).
Would you consider activating Bergstake sooner, perhaps having a stage of concurrent PoW and PoS?

Also, will the ICO allow participation for someone that does not have a local BTC wallet? I only ever use web wallets for BTC, and the automagic distribution of BRO to ICO buyers sounds to me as depending on access to one's BTC keys. Please elaborate.

Best of luck!
~ Myagui

Maybe you can just use Blockchain.info?
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001

Best of luck!
~ Myagui
Activity: 252

What if I give you an offer that you can't refuse?

No one is asking you to trust.  In fact, if I hear someone say the words "trust me" i run as fast as I can in the opposite direction.

Follow and watch it unfold.
Activity: 378
Activity: 252
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
THANKS for the detailed explanation! I can't wait for this!! Grin
This needs some clarification. I'll post the message and the link here. thnx. ~darylluke.

"This user is currently NOT AUTHENTICATED. If you are currently talking to someone who claims to be this person, you may be talking to an impostor and scammer."

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=jaybny

ok. fixed. I am now authenticated. That message appears each time I get logged out of the IRC channel.

-- im assuming you have not traded btc from the bitcoin-otc irc channel.
-- you can read the wiki here: http://wiki.bitcoin-otc.com/wiki/Main_Page  and http://wiki.bitcoin-otc.com/wiki/Using_bitcoin-otc
-- you can checkout the orderbook here: http://bitcoin-otc.com/vieworderbook.php

i'll explain.

-- there is is a "web-of-trust" for traders in bitcoin-otc. where each time a  successful trade is complete, you can rank eachother. This is primarily used to determine who sends first. So if i'm buying your BTC with my USD, and I have a higher rating than you, I will require you to send the BTCs before i send the USD.

-- however, anyone can change their nick on irc to "jaybny". so how do you know that "jaybny" that you are dealing with in the chat room is the same "jaybny" from the rating system? This is done by using pgp and gribble.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Gribble

-- I ask gribble to authenticate me.  he sends me a challenge string, that I sign with the same private-key associated with "jaybny" in the web-of-trust.
-- now I am authenticated.

jaybny: ;;gpg auth jaybny
gribble: Request successful for user jaybny, Your challenge string is: freenode:#bitcoin-otc:d67b646b8721ec0c69263a1cc617589eb79044f6eccf04b4ad32abc3
jaybny: ;;gpg verify http://pastebin.com/9wZRxwsx
gribble: You are now authenticated for user 'jaybny' with key 0DDC66BA24D5CC4A

-- however, scammers can trick newbies by using the nick "jaybny" to negotiate a trade. they would then convince the other party to send the BTC first by pming this link:  "http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=jaybny"  

-- so the big bold red message "This user is currently NOT AUTHENTICATED...." was put there to warn you not to trust  that the person you are chatting with is "jaybny", until he authenticates with gribble as "jaybny" with pgp.

blah
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
This needs some clarification. I'll post the message and the link here. thnx. ~darylluke.

"This user is currently NOT AUTHENTICATED. If you are currently talking to someone who claims to be this person, you may be talking to an impostor and scammer."

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=jaybny
I don't get it.  Why not just create a suite of online gambling sites that accepts crypto without exposing yourself to the downside of a failed coin?  99% of the coins that are released wind up as shitcoins offering little or no real innovation, and from what I've seen here I don't expect this coin to stand out in any meaningful way.

When you try to be everything you typically wind up with nothing, BRO.

-- the gaming platform with a built-in exchange will create a unique environment that can support BRO coin by providing unprecedented liquidity.

-- by creating a new coin, it enables the use of a small portion of the BRO pre-mine, to be widely distributed through freeroll contests.

-- BRO uses an innovative new proof-of-stake algorithm, which makes it a viable currency on its own as an alternative to bitcoin.

-- the coin and the platform each can survive on its own, but together they are both stronger.

Activity: 443
I don't get it.  Why not just create a suite of online gambling sites that accepts crypto without exposing yourself to the downside of a failed coin?  99% of the coins that are released wind up as shitcoins offering little or no real innovation, and from what I've seen here I don't expect this coin to stand out in any meaningful way.

When you try to be everything you typically wind up with nothing, BRO.
legendary
Activity: 905
Merit: 1000
May you live in interesting times.

Pages:
Jump to: