Pages:
Author

Topic: Prevention is better than a cure. Please escrow. - page 4. (Read 244014 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
In these times of Mass scammers out there, I urge people to use an escrow. There are many good members out there willing to help to secure the bitcoin community, There are also more people willing to do anything to scam you out of your coins, Please just do your research on someone before you part with your hard earned coins.

An escrow list - updated 11/17

Note to mod, I know this is in the wrong section as I am not selling anything, I feel we all need to be wiser, People in the selling forums are less likely to look elsewhere for information on what this is and how it is acheved,
Even if a few people read this and use escrow, Or a few scammers don't get their coins, I will consider this a good job.
Please consider not moveing out the way, This needs to be addressed.

** jan 16

There is a new wave of possible scammers, People who buy up legendary accounts and trade untill they have large sum of money then run, This has been done with a very trusted account recently.

Please be cautious, I am trying to set up a 3 way secure key escrow for my personal escrows to add peace of mind.

I would like to point out, that I do not partake in escrowing forum accounts, I never have and never will, in fact its against the rules on my forum, This is a trust based commodity as it stands, if we keep moving the goal posts as well as the stadium, no one can be accountable for theft!

Keep safe people, dont give up, trust in BTC, suspect people :-)

** April 17

please watch out for fake accounts made to look like hero/legendary escrow accounts, check the join date and the letters of the name exatly! some use numerical 0 instead of alphabetical O, and please watch out for sold accounts! this forum allows selling of any account, so make it difficult to know who's still real, I do not allow selling of accounts on my forum  Roll Eyes
Better not allow before the disease. Therefore, prevention is better.
Activity: 1
Activity: 31
Darktongue but how it should work? Give me an example, please.

1) Buyer meets seller but afraid to do the deal for the lack of reputation on both sides. (the age old conundrum - who will send first?)
2) They meet an escrow person, someone who's not likely to run with the amount transacted.
3) Buyer sends coins to escrow, escrow confirms acceptance.
4) Seller sends item to buyer, giving tracking numbers to buyer and escrow person.
5a) Buyer confirms acceptance, escrow sends coins to seller.
5b) Buyer states item lost/damaged, escrow mediates the transaction based on evidence of both sides and decides who to send coins to.

Thanks for explaining escrow service.
Activity: 29
Thanks for this article
Activity: 10
This is great. thanks for the heads up!
Add YoutubeTV to the list of scammers.

Scammer profile link: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/youtubetv-1546016

And If u read this I hope u use the money well, otherwise aside from committing a crime u are also wasting ur time.

May you find the right path~

copper member
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
Semi-Decentralized Exchange
I have a friend who has been scammed 2 times and now makes transactions with people who do not know, it's time to learn, if you do not mind losing your money, go ahead. But for entrepreneurs like us, it is important to take all the forecasts and make transfers with trusted people, taking the trust as another preventive an escrow
u

Because of the evolution of technology , some people using their talents to fool. Investors must be keen observant not to trust easily. It is necessary to escrow every transaction to prevent scammers around the thread.
Ugh! I just fell prey to this mistake in the last few weeks. Bought used miners from an unknown person (mistake #1) and paid in bitcoin without escrow (mistake #2). Do you know anyone that has had success tracking down people they have sent money to? I know it's unlikely I'll be able to get the bitcoin back from them, but it would bring me great joy to figure out who it is. I recently heard about a "bitcoin hunter" on a podcast that specializes in tracking bitcoin addresses to identities so I'll also reach out to them.

Help if you can and I will stop doing business without a escrow mediator.
Activity: 43
Helpful article  Smiley
Activity: 16
Activity: 98
Activity: 2

Cerrajeros cerrajeroalicante.online
Mas si no eres cauto, no importa, probablemente cuentas con un teléfono con acceso a Internet puedes adquirir de manera rápida un periódico, en estos medios, puedes conseguir información sobre anuncios de cerrajeros profesionales de veinticuatro horas que pueden ayudarte. La sustitución de este tipo de bombillos y escudo es bastante frecuente, en tanto que las perdidas y latrocinios suceden en la capital de la capital española más menudo de lo que nuestros usuarios desearían, por suerte Cerrajeros la villa de Madrid trabaja las veinticuatro horas para poder solventar este género de problemas al instante. Los Cerrajeros profesionales granada te aconsejamos que tu primera medida al instalarte en un nuevo hogar, local comercial industria, si ya ha tenido un dueño anteriormente para progresar la seguridad si ha estado un buen tiempo a la venta el inmueble, que cambies las cerraduras de todas las puertas que permitan el acceso al interior. Conforme lo que las puertas ubicadas en el recorrido de evacuación se van a abrir en el sentido de exactamente la misma, sin que exista condición de aforo mínimo anterior. Sea la hora que sea uno de nuestros Cerrajeros Madrid Urgentes va a llegar a su domicilio para solventar su inconveniente y que pueda proseguir con su vida diaria. Debemos tener en cuenta en el momento de valorar la seguridad de las puertas acorazadas que los ensayos y normativas estén actualizados. Las cajas de fuertes viejas, que acostumbran a ser más pesadas y cuentan con una rueda giratoria en la que introduciremos la contraseña para abrir la puerta. Instalación sencilla: los componentes de este tipo de puertas son sencillísimos y por lo tanto su instalación la puedes hacer  mismo. El funcionamiento de las llaves codificadas actuales se fundamenta en que en su interior se incorpora un chip llamado transponder, el cual emite una señal codificada que la central ECU del vehículo reconoce y envía la orden de apertura de las puertas del vehículo (entre otras). La tranquilidad que producimos al trabajar tal como lo hacemos, es digna de reconocerse y ampliarse hasta límites insospechados, de la misma forma que merece la pena confiar en nuestro equipo, confiar en los clientes, y crear una atmósfera penetrante e influyente, en cuanto a resultados triunfantes y perdurables que entre todos y cada uno de los que formamos parte del equipo de 24 horas cerrajeros la capital de España, somos capaces de soportar y hacer evolucionar.

Dirección: Calle Pintor Lorenzo Casanova, 3, 03003 Alicante, España

Telefono: 611022113
Pagina web: https://cerrajeroalicante.online
Activity: 39
Escrow services offer protection against potential scams. Personally, I dont trade without escrow services, even with the services some still try to swindle others.  please lets be safe and always use an escrow.
Activity: 25
In this industry trust is a must. I mean we should build each others trust so that we can transact better without any doubts and fears. Yet we need to be vigilant with scammers who want to take our hard earned money. We all sacrificed a lot just to build our own status in this forum so that we will have higher rankings and higher income so we need to protect that. As I research according to Wikipedia "An escrow is a contractual arrangement in which a third party receives and disburses money or documents for the primary transacting parties, with the disbursement dependent on conditions agreed to by the transacting parties, or an account established by a broker for holding funds on behalf of the broker's principal or some other person until the consummation or termination of a transaction; or, a trust account held in the borrower's name to pay obligations such as property taxes and insurance premiums. The word derives from the Old French word escroue, meaning a scrap of paper or a scroll of parchment; this indicated the deed that a third party held until a transaction was completed."
When it comes to protecting our transaction specially in selling our accounts I must say that we need to escrow.
Activity: 55
Thanks for this information.
Activity: 85
escrow is awesome wisdom. I recommend everyone to employ it in their transactions. For bitcoin to thrive, the scammers must be flushed out.
Activity: 85
Thanks for this information.
Pages:
Jump to: