Pages:
Author

Topic: Prices will some day fluctuate less? - page 13. (Read 1256 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 100
May 02, 2018, 09:38:50 PM
Do you think that someday the prices for Bitcoin will fluctuate less and ppl will be able to use more as a currency, and not only as a form of investment?

Whales will always play along in the market. So, I think even if mass adaptation happens, bitcoin will always be volatile. Imagine of the number of people investing on crypro increases, so does the number of panic sellers.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
May 02, 2018, 09:35:38 PM
Do you think that someday the prices for Bitcoin will fluctuate less and ppl will be able to use more as a currency, and not only as a form of investment?
Even though bitcoin isn't seen as a full fledged currency, but we still get to see some off days when price hardly varies by 0-1%. Once we see worldwide acceptance and bitcoin seen as a legal tender, then we would find more usage on regular basis and hence more number of people will use it. This in turn would lead to lesser fluctuations in price since instead of investing people would be using it as a digital currency.
According to my experience, the price of Bitcoin usually keeps stable at a rate before huge changes in the value. It seems the whales have to prepare all things carefully and be sure all things are ok to control the market. So, with the market like now, I think the price of Bitcoin can changes so much in this month because it kept at range price $9000 to $8800 longer than 10 days, it's a strange thing for the volatility of Bitcoin price.
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
May 02, 2018, 09:26:28 PM
Definitely yes! As Bitcoin or other crypto currencies become more stable, it will fluctuate less and really become a powerhouse. Of course banning any world altering events in the market that could screw up the price (like all the countries banning crypto currency). But it will still fluctuate but dips and rises will be low and not as life altering.
Activity: 744
Merit: 266
May 02, 2018, 09:23:19 PM
Even though bitcoin isn't seen as a full fledged currency, but we still get to see some off days when price hardly varies by 0-1%. Once we see worldwide acceptance and bitcoin seen as a legal tender, then we would find more usage on regular basis and hence more number of people will use it. This in turn would lead to lesser fluctuations in price since instead of investing people would be using it as a digital currency.
Activity: 1151
Merit: 260
☆Gaget-Pack☆
May 02, 2018, 07:14:54 PM
Certainly, the more regulatory guidelines given to the people by the government, the less scams there will be. The market is widely unregulated territory. There are regulations in place, but the technology is so advanced, that it's taking longer then expected for policy makers to make the right call on how to exactly address each of the problems that arise for cryptocurrencies.
  It's a relatively new market, and is just starting to bud. It feels similar to the stock market, but somewhat decentralized, yet unregulated. There is a lot of hurdles for us to jump through before we know for sure.
Activity: 742
Merit: 144
May 02, 2018, 07:09:27 PM
Yes, prices will fluctuate less some day but i don't know how long this, maybe 10 years later. The fluctuations are not frightening or negative from my point of view because I find many investment opportunities like this, we have to make good to use fluctuates of these days.

I believe higher volatility will happen in the future especially with bitcoin, because of the supply are getting lower and the demand is getting higher. Well, fluctuation is good as long as you know how to ride on it, but if its not better to have goal in long term.
Activity: 350
May 02, 2018, 06:56:20 PM
I believe someday when every people are aware of using cryptocurrency, then less price fluctuation will take place, as of now there are 20% of total population Globally are using it, therefore there still a lot of opportunities are coming, I think the value of bitcoin will also grow, Today is the best time to invest since bitcoin it is very young in service,
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
May 02, 2018, 06:30:55 PM
But if the price fluctuates less, it will reduce the number of people investing in the Crypto market. We keep looking at the situation if there is no high profit from the Crypto market. We will invest in banks will be safer, now the market Crypto attract investors because of price fluctuations.
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
May 02, 2018, 06:22:12 PM

Maybe, maybe not. No one can actually tell; however, from the stand point of a stable market, that's what most people would want to see because when assets become stable, that means that the market is going stable as well. The less changes you see in its value or the closer fluctuations are in terms of increase and decrease of asset values means that the market is beginning to stabilize and gain the capacity to adjust to market trends and forces without reacting too much in terms of value. However, in the decade this market has been present, that is still one of the changes that doesn't seem to operate. The volatility and unpredictability have always been the same.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
May 02, 2018, 05:44:56 PM

Yes, of course, that has to happen sooner or later once the market is sufficiently mature and consolidated to make it difficult for "big whales" to manipulate market prices as easily as they have done so far.

And it is obvious that one of the indispensable conditions for this to happen is that gradually begin to arrive massively institutional investors, committed to invest in long-term assets and without the greed of the speculators who have taken the market as a hostage of their interests these days.
Activity: 548
Merit: 12
May 02, 2018, 05:35:01 PM
Yes, do not always think about fluctuating prices, it is obviously very difficult to be able to achieve bitcoin as a single currency, instability of bitcoin prices that will affect the country's trade and the economy is slightly made rather unkindly, from different countries will be a bit worried when bitcoin is made as a single currency and certainly not much support for such ideas, they call it just as an investment just to be more secure and can make the economy more increased.
Activity: 207
Merit: 22
May 02, 2018, 05:28:26 PM
Bitcoin is being used as a form of payment and not only as a form of investment only. The only thing is that most people just prefer to use bitcoin as a form of investment because of future worth. Even if, the price fluctuations, less, many people will still choose to hold it instead of spending it. The problem we are having when we are using bitcoin as payment of good is the high transaction fee, which you can use other altcoins with less TX fee instead.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
May 02, 2018, 04:50:06 PM
It is most defiantly a thing that is going to happen eventually, because if the think about it, at a certain point when we reach the 21 million supply mined, the price is going to start fluctuating slowly and it would be considered at the bitcoin standers stable, and i am pretty sure at that point bitcoin would be considered as a currency worth using as a regular payment.
Activity: 574
Merit: 255
May 02, 2018, 03:34:11 PM
Maybe when there is wide range adoption and supply get properly diversified and not only some percentage hold the maximum supply, we will see lesser volatility. But since Bitcoin is build upon deflation model, the volatility will not completely end. There will always be more demand and supply will end, thus, increasing the price which make people hoard Bitcoin and hence, cutting the supply. These are all the hurdles in Bitcoin becoming a less volatile payment mode.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
May 02, 2018, 03:24:01 PM
Yeah, that is definite but not very soon and we cannot know if this will even be the case in the next decade or even more. The thing here is with a larger market cap, the prices of a market actually would be fluctuating less and that is when we will end up seeing more of a matured market than some pretty huge volatile market that we have today.

With bitcoin fluctuating less, we would have gotten to the stage of mass adoption as currency usage already and by then; I can imagine what the value would have been like.
Activity: 224
May 02, 2018, 12:33:49 PM
Yes, but it will need a mass adoption, with more people using it, it will be more difficult for someone to manipulate the price, but to be able to become mass adoption still a long way, it will need the government approval to become mass adoption, mass adoption will decrease the fluctuations but won't stop the fluctuations, so still need time to observe whether the stores owner will be willing to accept a crypto with low fluctuations
Pretty much yup. We need adoption and growth not to mention the support of the agencies of the world. Without all of that you can forget about it. If we have adoption and growth but no support=underground market that will be volatile. If we have support but no adoption or growth=people hoarding it forever. We need both in place in order to move the needle, and only then will Bitcoin become more stable than it is now.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
May 02, 2018, 11:18:08 AM
The reason why Bitcoin is so volatile is due to the presence of so many day-traders. The trading volume is quite high when compared to the available supply and this makes the asset more unstable. In future, Bitcoin may get more stable if more people opt for long-term holding.
Activity: 144
Merit: 10
Earn with impressio.io
May 02, 2018, 11:16:13 AM
The fluctuation that we see is because of the speculative analysis of bitcoin in the world.  Its illegal at some places, not accepted as legal tender at others, while normal at some places. These kinds of unequal distribution of bitcoins brings this discrepancy in the system to wheather bitcoin is trustable or not. What if it dies tomorow,  and different questions like this.

If bitcoins happens to be accepted worldwide with a similar norm, if not exactly same, then the fluctuations will be on check, because there wouldnt be some speculative news floating here and their changing the values day in day out.

Yeah certainly I agree with it. One of the most variable reasons of position are because of this news that are spreading and its current standing to different countries. We people have different perspective and has different opinions on what we hear and see, but that aside will conclude that it is still unsure whether it can be trusted or not, we cannot also deny that those can affect the market as we can see.
Activity: 67
Merit: 0
May 02, 2018, 11:12:52 AM
to be a currency or a means of payment i think it takes a lot of support from the government. with many using bitcoin i guess fluctuations seem to be no problem, like the dollar index i think fluctuates too

I'm not too sure bitcoins fluctuations rely to heavily on the acceptance of governments. I think BTC in its essence is outside of the current financial system, this is not to say that it can be a success without institutions because on ramps and off ramps are vital but I can see the price reaching 100k without the influx or approval of major governments. It has a real use and value if you look past the bad publicity. Once at 100k I think the price will stabilise enough to be a decent alternative currency.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
dApps Development Automation Platform
May 02, 2018, 11:01:40 AM

fluctuation of bitcoin price is normal and healthy. No movement in the market indicates less demand or supply is being made.

It's crappy seeing constant decline with bitcoin price but it will eventually recover.
Pages:
Jump to: