Pages:
Author

Topic: [PRL] Oyster Pearl predictions - page 15. (Read 11473 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 23
"Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"
February 13, 2018, 09:52:14 PM
I think this idea has some serious flaws. In fact, I believe the project will fail because people don't want their CPUs being used for mining. Period. They don't want adds, but they want to mine Cryptos for someone else even less. Just look at the recent headlines about crypto-currency mining adds. I know they aren't the same. However, when people hear about this, they are going to equate it with the same thing. If it ever makes it mainstream, their will be major backlash.

That's what I thought at first. Then, I realized that current advertisers and websites are already quite intrusive. They used data from your search habits, and they insert files into your browser (cookies) that keep track of your activities. I think that Oyster's CPU-borrowing can become commonplace in the same way that cookies have.
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
February 13, 2018, 04:19:55 PM
I think this idea has some serious flaws. In fact, I believe the project will fail because people don't want their CPUs being used for mining. Period. They don't want adds, but they want to mine Cryptos for someone else even less. Just look at the recent headlines about crypto-currency mining adds. I know they aren't the same. However, when people hear about this, they are going to equate it with the same thing. If it ever makes it mainstream, their will be major backlash.

I think it will be the opposite. There might be some short term public outrage, but after the 24hr news cycle moves on to something new then everyone will forget about it. The only ones who really pay attention will be people like us, which makes up a very small percent of total internet users.

Hopefully. However, I wouldn't even be surprised if crypto-mining on user's laptops was banned via a law. It's something I definitely could see happening. At the very least, they are probably going to be forced to put up a banner asking user's permission to do it (similar to the cookie banner that shows up on a lot of sites now). I am not saying I want this to happen (I would like PRL to succeed)-I am just being realistic.

I think i saw a photo that had a thing like this. Basically a popup, asking if you would like to display ads, or contribute part of your CPU in order to remove ads  Grin Looked pretty awsome, that you could choose like that.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
February 13, 2018, 04:13:32 PM

I think it will be the opposite. There might be some short term public outrage, but after the 24hr news cycle moves on to something new then everyone will forget about it. The only ones who really pay attention will be people like us, which makes up a very small percent of total internet users.

Hopefully. However, I wouldn't even be surprised if crypto-mining on user's laptops was banned via a law. It's something I definitely could see happening. At the very least, they are probably going to be forced to put up a banner asking user's permission to do it (similar to the cookie banner that shows up on a lot of sites now). I am not saying I want this to happen (I would like PRL to succeed)-I am just being realistic.
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
February 13, 2018, 04:01:40 PM

Activity: 12
February 13, 2018, 03:43:11 PM
Activity: 168
February 13, 2018, 06:42:36 AM
People often compare Oyster to Sia, storj and BAT ... here is an interesting review to read:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Oyster/comments/7x6804/info_why_oyster_is_better_than_bat_sia_storj_why/

My point to the comment that says that people won't want to give their CPU power to "mining". Rendering ads also consumes power but what is worse, it slows down the website loading and when on mobile, it consumes mobile data... Personally, I would love to give anything but mobile data to website owners to generate revenue.
There are some balances and checks in place for this purpose, in order to not overload the cpu used for the blockchain's computations. It shouldnt be as intrusive as javascript mining hi-jacking that gives 0 fucks about your user experience.
Activity: 62
February 13, 2018, 05:11:18 AM
People often compare Oyster to Sia, storj and BAT ... here is an interesting review to read:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Oyster/comments/7x6804/info_why_oyster_is_better_than_bat_sia_storj_why/

My point to the comment that says that people won't want to give their CPU power to "mining". Rendering ads also consumes power but what is worse, it slows down the website loading and when on mobile, it consumes mobile data... Personally, I would love to give anything but mobile data to website owners to generate revenue.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
https://ammut.network/
February 12, 2018, 10:47:09 AM
PRL immediately drove to a high price, https: //coinmarketcap.com/currencies/oyster/
the development is interesting enough to note, the price of $ 4 will soon be achieved in the near future, sorry it is my predection
Activity: 79
February 12, 2018, 10:32:22 AM
I wish I participated in the ICO of this one.  Wink

Nevertheless, this I HOLD my $PRL and buy some more so I have as many as possible before the airdrop. I'm sure the price will go up when the main net is launched! My prediction mid-April is $ 6,50 per $PRL.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
February 12, 2018, 10:13:38 AM
Where I can buy these and is it right time to buy these tokens.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/oyster/#markets

In crypto, you never now but Oyster seems to be a new star in crypto space. Plenty of things to happen next month - 1:1 SHL airdrop, coin burn, testnet B release...
Exactly right, better HODL and wait for ATH. How exciting it would be this coming month and ofcourse I think release of the product this april will be huge pump of oyster. As said by the team $48 would be the price of 1 prl at the time community will tend to used oyster pearl and even more someday.
Activity: 62
February 12, 2018, 06:49:13 AM
Where I can buy these and is it right time to buy these tokens.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/oyster/#markets

In crypto, you never now but Oyster seems to be a new star in crypto space. Plenty of things to happen next month - 1:1 SHL airdrop, coin burn, testnet B release...
Activity: 65
Merit: 1
OPQ
February 11, 2018, 06:04:52 PM
Oyster is the Bitcoin of our time. No other concept is as innovative and disruptive.  SHL airdrop -> 5 USD, Binance Listing -> 10 USD.  Main net and Media coverage -> 20 USD latest by end of April.

The prices you gave are not crazy at all man. This coin is something really disrupting in the industry. My major HODLING in my portfolio. Glad to be in since 0,007 USD.

You must have many many prls  Shocked
Activity: 378
Merit: 103
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
February 11, 2018, 05:52:14 PM
Oyster is the Bitcoin of our time. No other concept is as innovative and disruptive.  SHL airdrop -> 5 USD, Binance Listing -> 10 USD.  Main net and Media coverage -> 20 USD latest by end of April.

The prices you gave are not crazy at all man. This coin is something really disrupting in the industry. My major HODLING in my portfolio. Glad to be in since 0,007 USD.
Activity: 350
Merit: 112
Ecosystem for Fundraising DAOs — ICOs 2.0
February 11, 2018, 05:43:02 PM
Oyster is the Bitcoin of our time. No other concept is as innovative and disruptive.  SHL airdrop -> 5 USD, Binance Listing -> 10 USD.  Main net and Media coverage -> 20 USD latest by end of April.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
February 11, 2018, 01:52:05 PM
oyster could reach the same values ​​of early January around $ 3, supported now in the airdrop and if the project is improved even more, we would have more expectations in the medium and short term
Activity: 64
February 11, 2018, 10:17:50 AM
A good coin. For a long time already in my portfolio. I recommend it to all friends. I think that this year it will be a good growth.

Hopefully it will be better. I wonder what impact will it make to airdrop Shells.
I don't care about today's price, I hodl for long term.
I hope this PRL/SHELL airdrop doesn't turn out like NXT/IGNIS one... Really like PRL! Smiley

I think the fear there was that NXT was by that point pretty redundant, whereas PRL will still have a solid use case (at least as much as SHL)

It would be interesting to make a projection as to how much PRL may be worth once pegged to 64GB/y, I think that google's cloud storage costs somewhere around $24 for 100GB per year, so if there are any comparisons to be drawn there, that could be promising.

Activity: 602
Merit: 106
February 11, 2018, 10:05:40 AM
A good coin. For a long time already in my portfolio. I recommend it to all friends. I think that this year it will be a good growth.

Hopefully it will be better. I wonder what impact will it make to airdrop Shells.
I hope this PRL/SHELL airdrop doesn't turn out like NXT/IGNIS one... Really like PRL! Smiley
Activity: 2156
Merit: 685
February 11, 2018, 09:41:02 AM

Activity: 294
Merit: 10
February 11, 2018, 08:46:00 AM
Activity: 112
Merit: 23
"Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"
February 10, 2018, 07:20:17 AM
Finally, there's some good upward price movement. I think that the airdrop will be a great move to incentivize HODLing PRL, since one of its major issues has been its price volatility.
Pages:
Jump to: