Pages:
Author

Topic: Project Bitcoin Island - Bali - Indonesia - page 4. (Read 55522 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

i still think it's better to wait for the government to settle down some rules for cryptocurrencies before we take the next step... Even if the governments can't meddle with bitcoin directly, they can ban it like what Russia did and their citizen would begin to fear bitcoin again
the Indonesian government has always lagged in their various fields.. there has to step 100, we here still 10.
suck ..
they always selfish

that goes not only for Indonesian government. Other countries as well too.

Well at least, UK is spending their money to study more about cryptocurrencies before they decide to say anything about it so I guess that's a start  Cheesy

doing research, huh? perhaps they're thinking about how to stop Bitcoin from being used for money laundering etc... haha as if fiat money never did something like that before

yeah well I honestly think that governments are scared when it comes to cryptocurrencies because they really can't control it like how they usually control money. It's not even because bitcoin is more likely to be used for money laundering, it's just because if their people start going to bitcoin, then the governments will start to lose their position
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
Almost 1 year pass from this project I can't wait to visit Indonesia.
But how about this project progress now?
I live in here in Indonesia but don't know about the progress this project yeahh coz Bali is very far from my region
so where are you from ? 

I'm from Singapore.  Smiley
Nice to meet you dude can't wait to see Bitcoin island.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
be your self
I live in here in Indonesia but don't know about the progress this project yeahh coz Bali is very far from my region
so where are you from ? 
staff
Activity: 3458
Merit: 6793
Just writing some code
Activity: 770
Merit: 100
Soon we can buy anything with Bitcoin in Bali
It's very interesting Cheesy

not 'soon', I think. Maybe we still have to wait for at least another year...

i still think it's better to wait for the government to settle down some rules for cryptocurrencies before we take the next step... Even if the governments can't meddle with bitcoin directly, they can ban it like what Russia did and their citizen would begin to fear bitcoin again
the Indonesian government has always lagged in their various fields.. there has to step 100, we here still 10.
suck ..
they always selfish

Well at least, UK is spending their money to study more about cryptocurrencies before they decide to say anything about it so I guess that's a start  Cheesy

doing research, huh? perhaps they're thinking about how to stop Bitcoin from being used for money laundering etc... haha as if fiat money never did something like that before
Activity: 57
Merit: 0

suck ..
they always selfish

I am planning something to give more choices and values for Indonesian people as well as visitors to Indonesia where right now they are restricted by the cartel way of Indonesian banking.

I will reveal more after I launch it.

by using the bitcoin technology? Looking forward to hearing more about it  Smiley
Activity: 101
I am planning something to give more choices and values for Indonesian people as well as visitors to Indonesia where right now they are restricted by the cartel way of Indonesian banking.

I will reveal more after I launch it.

Activity: 101
Apa khabar neighbour! I think its a GREAT IDEA! But I'm not too sure about the entire island, you will need your government to support for sure, but you can start small first, and if it's gonna take off, it's gonna take off, if not, well, at least you tried! How's the bitcoin scene in Indonesia? We have our first Bitcoin ATMs in Malaysia a month ago, one in Bangsar, KL and one in Penang, with more to come.  I think bitcoin will be big this part of the world too. But we really need all the other SEA countries to be on board as well. Hopefully when adoption has grown big enough with its infrastructures in place bitcoin will be accepted as legal tender.

Apa Kabar, bukan Apa khabar

I think true entrepreneur never bother with government rules, rather they will think of creating wealth and if in future they run into new government regulation, all they do is to think of an entrepreneurial way to still create wealth while not going against the rules

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003
𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛
Soon we can buy anything with Bitcoin in Bali
It's very interesting Cheesy
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
be your self

suck ..
they always selfish
Activity: 1134
Merit: 342
December 26, 2014, 11:21:48 AM
Dear Investors and Donators,

We would to thank you for buying our shares as token appreciation for supporting our BitIsland Project. We already paid the dividend as agreement.

Here is the summary transaction for our exchanges:
Period : 1 November 2014 - 30 November 2014
Volume Bitcoin Trading in BTC                                     2544.816    BTC
Trading Fee Income in BTC                                             15.2689    BTC
Total Shares Percentage                                                  5.00%
Total Dividend for Cryptostocks Investors                          0.763445   BTC

Dividend per Shares                       0.00007635  BTC
Total Shared Held Publicly          193
Total Dividend Paid                        0.014736   BTC

Thank you for your continued support and for the confidence that you have placed in us. We would like to thank you to our investors that have faith in us. We will make sure to always give better performance every month. Our exchange still open 365x7x24 even in Christmas and New Year !

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone !

Best Regards

Bitcoin.co.id - Indonesia Bitcoin Exchange
Apa khabar neighbour! I think its a GREAT IDEA! But I'm not too sure about the entire island, you will need your government to support for sure, but you can start small first, and if it's gonna take off, it's gonna take off, if not, well, at least you tried! How's the bitcoin scene in Indonesia? We have our first Bitcoin ATMs in Malaysia a month ago, one in Bangsar, KL and one in Penang, with more to come.  I think bitcoin will be big this part of the world too. But we really need all the other SEA countries to be on board as well. Hopefully when adoption has grown big enough with its infrastructures in place bitcoin will be accepted as legal tender.

Activity: 14

Activity: 57
If many local merchants in Bali start to accept Bitcoin then I guess we can say goodbye to money changers  Grin

you're right, we can just travel and pay instantly with Bitcoin  Grin then Bitcoin will become a real worldwide common currency, at least in Bali!
Activity: 39
If many local merchants in Bali start to accept Bitcoin then I guess we can say goodbye to money changers  Grin
Activity: 364
Merit: 252
This is a great project.  I've traveled to Bali twice over the past couple years, and on my most recent visit, I had a lot of issues withdrawing Rupiah with my bank card.  Using bitcoin and not having to worry about withdrawing currency would make a big difference for travelers.
yeah, they just updated their website, it looks much better now. Yes every merchant listed there accepts payment in Bitcoin. Their Bitcoin will be automatically converted into rupiah though so they're basically just using bitcoin as a media
do you had similiar plan to created some project about bitcoin ? like "bitcoin village" at your region.. or maybe some business accepting bitcoin 

Me? Nope, I'm just a normal bitcoin trader but I do join a local bitcoin community here but we don't specifically have a project like bitislands. I think Bitislands is the only project in indonesia that attempts to do something like this. I do know there's a bitcoin boulevard and bitcoin capital in amsterdam. It's basically the same thing but it's initiated by different startups

there are actually a lot of places doing projects like this. There's one in Spain, Australia and US as well. But you're right, for now there's only the bitislands project in indonesia.

thanks for the info. I hope projects like this do make much difference to the community. We need more people to use bitcoin...

no prob  Smiley It does make a difference, but as long as Bitcoin's price still fluctuates a lot, I don't think many merchants will be ready to accept Bitcoin

but in Indonesia it doesn't matter though, right? The payment processor that Oscar developed with his team can turn the bitcoin into rupiah right away, so the local merchants won't be affected by the volatility of the bitcoin price (which by the way, just went downhill today)
Activity: 1134
Merit: 342
December 20, 2014, 08:21:31 PM
Please come to Bali with Bitcoin Smiley

Pretty much also stores in Bali that accept bitcoin.
i hope stores in Indonesian, especially stores in Bandung can accept bitcoin too, only a few stores that accept bitcoin.

Is there any merchant in Jakarta that accepts Bitcoin? Bali is too far away from where I live but I understand that you're trying to make Bali as a bitcoin island (which is great!) but I just wish there are some merchants in Jakarta that accept Bitcoin as well...  Cry

You can find few of them, as far as i know such as:
* Cafe Upstair, Cikini street - Resto
* PT. Sinar Daku - PVC pipe manufacture and job order for plastic kind
* Several onlineshop, like RepublikHost.com, Hobihouse.com, Cilukba.co.id, UangKuno.net, Faiyo.net, Fastcell.net, Grosirmu.com
* Junkyard Cafe & Restro

Thanks for reference Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: