Pages:
Author

Topic: Project Bitcoin Island - Bali - Indonesia - page 6. (Read 55522 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
is there any bitcoiners here that is actively promoting bitcoin in bali? There's a question I'd like to ask...
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
awesome! seems like the project is showing good progress  Grin we need more countries to do this kind of project in order for Bitcoin to gain mass acceptance.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 342
September 30, 2014, 12:47:13 AM
Mr. Oscar, is there a plan to open your branch office in yogyakarta in near future ? Yogyakarta is one of the foremost cultural centers of Java, and also one of the main Indonesia's major tourist destinations, so I think it'd be great to have bitcoins widely spread around here

As long as we can get support from Yogyakarta people. We will open for sure Smiley
Activity: 770
Merit: 100
February 27, 2015, 09:35:46 PM
so is it already covered? Can I actually travel to Bali only by paying everything with my Bitcoin now?

not everything, see this one .. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=567458.180

oh okay, so we can already buy souvenirs with bitcoin

at least, if there are hotels, restaurants, and souvenirs shops there in Bali that are accepting Bitcoin, I guess it's already enough for me Smiley

I think there is some hotels accepting bitcoin, Smiley

true, but those five-star hotels are way too expensive though  Cry

I think it's because those who accept bitcoin in bali are mostly expatriates with big businesses, that's why it's expensive

agreed. Local merchants still usually prefer to accept cash directly

but i think, just use real money to buy some food
:p

but it feels different when you can pay your meals with bitcoin though  Grin

agreed. I did it once and it does feel different! Smiley

haven't tried buying anything with Bitcoin but it's definitely worth to try

too bad I'm not living anywhere near bali though...

but are you living in Indonesia? because there are some merchants in jakarta as well that accept Bitcoin

I'm actually staying nowhere near Indonesia but i've been to jakarta once. Yeah I think I saw some in coinmap

Ah I see... well maybe next time you're going to Bali, you can try spend your bitcoin there. I don't know if you can pay everything with BTC but at least there are some hotels and restaurants there that accept it...
September 26, 2014, 01:41:42 AM
Dividend Paid with Bitcoin Reward - Increased by 118% than last month - Increased by 323% than First Dividend

Dear Investors and Donators,

We would to thank you for buying our shares as token appreciation for supporting our BitIsland Project. We already paid the dividend as agreement.

Here is the summary transaction for our exchanges:
Period : 1 August 2014 - 31 August 2014
Volume Bitcoin Trading in BTC                                     1581.25834051    BTC
Trading Fee Income in BTC                                               9.48755004    BTC
Total Shares Percentage                                                   5.00%
Total Dividend for Cryptostocks Investors                           0.47437750   BTC

Dividend per Shares                       0.00004744  BTC
Total Shared Held Publicly           188
Total Dividend Paid                        0.00891830   BTC

Thank you for your continued support and for the confidence that you have placed in us. We would like to thank you to our investors that have faith in us. For that reason, we are giving away some our bitcoin as additional dividend. We will make sure to always give better performance every month.

Best Regards

Bitcoin.co.id - Indonesia Bitcoin Exchange

February 25, 2015, 10:21:51 PM
so is it already covered? Can I actually travel to Bali only by paying everything with my Bitcoin now?

not everything, see this one .. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=567458.180

at least, if there are hotels, restaurants, and souvenirs shops there in Bali that are accepting Bitcoin, I guess it's already enough for me Smiley

I think it's because those who accept bitcoin in bali are mostly expatriates with big businesses, that's why it's expensive

but are you living in Indonesia? because there are some merchants in jakarta as well that accept Bitcoin

I'm actually staying nowhere near Indonesia but i've been to jakarta once. Yeah I think I saw some in coinmap
February 24, 2015, 11:02:05 PM

Activity: 976
Merit: 1002
Bitcoinmeetups.org
February 23, 2015, 04:24:00 AM
really like the idea ! gonna donate some when i get home : >

Our idea? Post something in the thread if you can. We have a lot of posts in our GetGems group now but it would be good if we could make some public posts too.
September 03, 2014, 01:51:17 AM

Now you can buy BITCOIN in more than 10,000 Indomaret in all over Indonesia. Now everyone can own Bitcoin

How to Buy Bitcoin via Indomaret using iPaymu:

1. Create account in Bitcoin.co.id
2. Choose topup Rupiah via Indomaret (processed by ipaymu)
3. Follow the instruction
4. Pay your outstanding bills in Indomaret
5. You can buy Bitcoin through your account in Bitcoin.co.id
Activity: 57
February 22, 2015, 10:35:38 PM
Is there anything you Bitcoiners at Bali could do for free for goodwill and possibly tips?

I am working on the free services exchange project (see signature)

I'm not staying at Bali, but I'm interested with your project  Smiley

Hi,

Nice. Yes, this project has had good reception so far. I am happy to work on it and want to continue.

The link is here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10383498

So there are about three things you can do here. Post a photo and/or request and/or provide free services. We would be happy to get you Bali Bitcoiners on board too. Ok, let's say... Is there anything you Bali Bitcoiners could do for free and post a photo? It doesn't have to be hard or take a long time. Can you post an image of a coconut with a flamingo on top of it or something of the like? You do have a lovely natural environment over there. I do stuff for free too so I am dogfooding the concept. @Bitcoinnuts please post a photo in our thread.

cool, I'll take a look at it first  Smiley
Bitcoinmeetups.org
February 21, 2015, 09:52:10 AM
Is there anything you Bitcoiners at Bali could do for free for goodwill and possibly tips?

Hi,

Nice. Yes, this project has had good reception so far. I am happy to work on it and want to continue.

The link is here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10383498

So there are about three things you can do here. Post a photo and/or request and/or provide free services. We would be happy to get you Bali Bitcoiners on board too. Ok, let's say... Is there anything you Bali Bitcoiners could do for free and post a photo? It doesn't have to be hard or take a long time. Can you post an image of a coconut with a flamingo on top of it or something of the like? You do have a lovely natural environment over there. I do stuff for free too so I am dogfooding the concept. @Bitcoinnuts please post a photo in our thread.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
February 20, 2015, 01:13:40 PM
really like the idea ! gonna donate some when i get home : >
Activity: 57
February 19, 2015, 10:14:09 PM

Please support this project by donating through cryptostocks : https://cryptostocks.com/securities/120
or
Bitcoin Donation : BTC 1sLAndWaCHYGD8F5LdQ9baXCXoNmsXtsg

==============================================

Dear Investors and Donators,

We would to thank you for buying our shares as token appreciation for supporting our BitIsland Project. We already paid the dividend as agreement.

Here is the summary transaction for our exchanges:
Period : 1 July 2014 - 31 July 2014
Volume Bitcoin Trading in BTC                                    597.19594085   BTC
Trading Fee Income in BTC                                            3.58317566     BTC
Total Shares Percentage                                                5.00%
Investment Reward from Bitcoin.co.id for Investors           0.1               BTC
Total Dividend for Cryptostocks Investors from Trading     0.17915878  BTC
Total Dividend for Cryptostocks Investors                        0.27915878  BTC

Dividend per Shares                        0.00002792  BTC
Total Shared Held Publicly           188
Total Dividend Paid                         0.00524896  BTC

Thank you for your continued support and for the confidence that you have placed in us. We would like to thank you to our investors that have faith in us. For that reason, we are giving away some our bitcoin as additional dividend. We will make sure to always give better performance every month.

Best Regards

Bitcoin.co.id - Indonesia Bitcoin Exchange
Bitcoinmeetups.org
February 18, 2015, 04:23:30 AM

February 17, 2015, 11:12:24 PM

February 16, 2015, 09:50:42 PM

CoinDesk Coverage about our Project:

A new Bali-based booking agency is aiming to make it easier for people to travel in the region using bitcoin.

BitcoinTour allows users to exchange their digital currency for hotel, train and flight reservations, as well as tour bookings. Airlines supported by the firm include Air Asia, Citilink and Lion Air. The agency also claims to support “almost all” of the starred hotels in Indonesia.

The organisation has been set up as part of Bali’s BitIslands initiative, which aims to turn the popular Indonesian tourist destination into a ‘bitcoin paradise’. The company also accepts payments in Indonesia’s national currency, the rupiah.

BitIslands’ project director Oscar Darmawan said that even though BitcoinTour is less than two weeks old, it has already taken more than $10,000 in bitcoin, adding:

“We are confident that in the future the sales will be increase by more than triple that.”

Bitcoin Island

The BitIslands project, launched in May 2014, plans to persuade all local businesses to accept bitcoin and is sponsored by Bitcoin.co.id, Indonesia’s largest bitcoin exchange and lobby group.

Darmawan said:

“[The] Bitislands Project has been growing quite well in Bali. There is a co-working space, hotels, villas, restaurants, a jewellery shop, food delivery services and even taxis that are accepting bitcoin. Currently, we are also running a bitcoin centre that provides free education for people who want to know about bitcoin.”

BitIslands’ full bitcoin business directory can be seen here.

Tourist benefits

Extending from close to Malaysia all the way to Australasia, Indonesia is a vast archipelago of over 13,000 islands littered with volcanoes, tropical forests, diver-friendly reefs and a host of different cultures.

While an increasingly popular destination for travellers, the nation’s infrastructure often leaves much to be desired.

ATMs are often few and far between and offer limited amounts for withdrawals, businesses do not always accept credit cards outside larger tourist spots and travelling with large amounts of cash comes with the usual security concerns.

For this reason, there is a significant use case for integrating bitcoin into the nation’s tourist infrastructure, Darmawan said.

“We get visited by many bitcoiners,” said Darmawan, “and some of them come with interesting stories about how they lost their wallet because it got stolen when they were on the market. So they need to sell some bitcoin to get some rupiah. And some of them come straight from the airport to get cash in rupiah. We are glad to be helping them while visiting Indonesia.”

source: http://www.coindesk.com/balis-bitisland-initiative-launches-bitcoin-travel-agency/
Bitcoin Tour

For your travel convenience, we now provide arline, train and hotel reservations nationwide via Bitcoin or Rupiah payments. We provide competitive pricing with discounts up to 75% on Hotel Reservation via Bitcoin.

Book your tickets now !

Visit http://BitIslands.com/tour/

February 15, 2015, 09:24:00 PM

Pages:
Jump to: