Pages:
Author

Topic: Proof that God exists - page 27. (Read 62273 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 292
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
February 25, 2016, 10:59:50 AM
Prefect Moloch please stand up.
February 25, 2016, 10:59:20 AM
 Cheesy Cheesy that was too much!
Activity: 476
Merit: 252
February 25, 2016, 10:59:05 AM
After long and secular debates about atheism, the need for a separate topic about God's existence has arisen.
There are amongst us a group of people who believe that while there is no proof that God exists, there also is no proof that He doesn't exist.
Please share your argument in a logical manner and abstain from saying things like "I'm right because I'm right".
I know that this, in the end, is a philosophical discussion so only logical are welcome.

he exist, it's a mater of faith . and the bible is the proof weather anyone wants to expect it or believe it, that's on them .

only a fool says there is a no god that simple !! . 

Is there a single Christian that uses spellcheck? How hard is it?

It looks bad when you misspell or misuse multiple words every sentence

and your prefect ?.

"You're perfect" I suppose no?
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1468
February 24, 2016, 02:26:37 AM
i need to speak with god any advice ?

You just need to pray and He will answer. Most of the times He answers with NO but even so do prepare yourself.

Correction:

Most of the time He doesn't give a fuck and doesn't answer to anything.
Nobody and especially Atheists ask for something positive from God. He doesn't have to accomplish a miracle to convince us.
He could just appear near us and tell us "NO"
And that would be good! No need for anything positive in fact :3

I once prayed for an amputee to regrow his arm... it didn't work

I also prayed for Stephen Hawking, but that didn't work either

How many Hawkings were you expecting to get?

I was really hoping God would be a nice guy, and let him move his arms and legs and wipe his own ass... letting him speak without a computer would be a sweet bonus

I suppose this only proves that God hates scientists

Instead God gave Hawking a brain and mind far beyond most other people. And what did Hawking use them for? To reject the God Who gave them to him.

There is still hope for Hawking. If he can stop being bitter long enough, he just might figure out that EVERYBODY loses EVERYTHING after 80 or 100 years, and some a lot sooner, and that it is not God's fault, but that it is the fault of mankind doing the exact thing that Hawking is doing... rejecting God.

So great scientifically, mathematically and logically. But so weak in them at the same time.

Cool

BADecker,

Your constant assumptions about God are really annoying.  What are you talking about?  God did not give him brain?  What do you mean?  Have you completely lost your mind?
My assumptions aren't annoying me. And they can't be annoying you, because I haven't told you any of them, yet.

What do you mean, "God did not give him brain?". Of course God gave him his brain.

How do you know that God gave him his brain?  "Of course" is not an explanation.  It is an assumption.

What do you mean: God gave him the brain?  How did he do it?  Do you have any evidence that God gave Stephen Hawking his brain?  How did he do it?  His mother gave him his body including his brain.
The proof is the cause and effect part of how everything works. You forget so soon all about the basics. How do you even remember how to type in this forum? God gave everything that everybody has to everybody who has it, through cause and effect. You seem to get denser by the minute sometimes.

Are you saying his mother is God?

All you need to do is look through my posts to see if I said that. But you can't even do that, now, can you! Your density reaches new levels that would amaze even Hawking if he saw your posts.

Cool

He got his brain (all his body) from his mother, and you said God gave him his brain, so his mother must be God according to you.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 25, 2016, 10:57:12 AM
After long and secular debates about atheism, the need for a separate topic about God's existence has arisen.
There are amongst us a group of people who believe that while there is no proof that God exists, there also is no proof that He doesn't exist.
Please share your argument in a logical manner and abstain from saying things like "I'm right because I'm right".
I know that this, in the end, is a philosophical discussion so only logical are welcome.

he exist, it's a mater of faith . and the bible is the proof weather anyone wants to expect it or believe it, that's on them .

only a fool says there is a no god that simple !! .  

Is there a single Christian that uses spellcheck? How hard is it?

It looks bad when you misspell or misuse multiple words every sentence
legendary
February 23, 2016, 10:43:40 PM
i need to speak with god any advice ?

You just need to pray and He will answer. Most of the times He answers with NO but even so do prepare yourself.

Correction:

Most of the time He doesn't give a fuck and doesn't answer to anything.
Nobody and especially Atheists ask for something positive from God. He doesn't have to accomplish a miracle to convince us.
He could just appear near us and tell us "NO"
And that would be good! No need for anything positive in fact :3

I once prayed for an amputee to regrow his arm... it didn't work

I also prayed for Stephen Hawking, but that didn't work either

How many Hawkings were you expecting to get?

I was really hoping God would be a nice guy, and let him move his arms and legs and wipe his own ass... letting him speak without a computer would be a sweet bonus

I suppose this only proves that God hates scientists

Instead God gave Hawking a brain and mind far beyond most other people. And what did Hawking use them for? To reject the God Who gave them to him.

There is still hope for Hawking. If he can stop being bitter long enough, he just might figure out that EVERYBODY loses EVERYTHING after 80 or 100 years, and some a lot sooner, and that it is not God's fault, but that it is the fault of mankind doing the exact thing that Hawking is doing... rejecting God.

So great scientifically, mathematically and logically. But so weak in them at the same time.

Cool

BADecker,

Your constant assumptions about God are really annoying.  What are you talking about?  God did not give him brain?  What do you mean?  Have you completely lost your mind?

What do you mean: God gave him the brain?  How did he do it?  Do you have any evidence that God gave Stephen Hawking his brain?  How did he do it?  His mother gave him his body including his brain.

Are you saying his mother is God?

February 25, 2016, 10:06:34 AM

If god did exist and created the universe how would we have the perspective to know this anyway since we are made up of the same matter as the universe.  You either believe or you dont, maybe for those who believe god exists then its true, maybe for those who dont its not true.  Perhaps the universe is capable of acting out a contradiction like that.

Exactly, the only thing to do is to be an agnostic.

That's the only way decent people can act Wink

Still better than saying that a super-entity lives in the sky.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
February 25, 2016, 07:19:11 AM

If god did exist and created the universe how would we have the perspective to know this anyway since we are made up of the same matter as the universe.  You either believe or you dont, maybe for those who believe god exists then its true, maybe for those who dont its not true.  Perhaps the universe is capable of acting out a contradiction like that.

Exactly, the only thing to do is to be an agnostic.

That's the only way decent people can act Wink
Activity: 350
February 25, 2016, 06:33:51 AM
If you can't prove that it doesn't exist, then it exist. That's the way it works in your divine science.

My good man - surely you jest.
February 25, 2016, 06:00:15 AM
I came across a few old quotes about religion...

A belief which leaves no place for doubt is not a belief; it is a superstition.
-José Bergamín

You’re basically killing each other to see who’s got the better imaginary friend.
-Blaise Pascal

If God has made us in his image, we have returned him the favor.
-Voltaire

How about the well-known Albert Einstein even though he is so intelligent with high IQ he do believe in God, God is real and God exists.

A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man. (Albert Einstein)

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it. (Albert Einstein, 1954)

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings. (Albert Einstein)

Thanks. Wouldn't have quoted better.
Basically Einstein was an agnostic. As any objective scientist should be.
February 25, 2016, 05:58:50 AM
If you can't prove that it doesn't exist, then it exist. That's the way it works in your divine science.

You seriously serious? I mean really?
So you believe in Unicorns and green maggots then?

I thought he might have been being sarcastic.

Yeah nobody can be dumb enough to make such statement, even BD ^^
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
February 25, 2016, 05:53:34 AM

I thought he might have been being sarcastic.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!
February 25, 2016, 05:39:33 AM

donator
Poor impulse control.
February 25, 2016, 05:36:18 AM

.... not sure if serious?
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
Gloire à la Victoire !
February 25, 2016, 05:29:31 AM
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
February 25, 2016, 05:28:11 AM

Activity: 350
February 24, 2016, 10:59:37 PM
Moloch - I think you have something to answer for. Smiley

I said I came across some quotes, not that I fact-checked them...

I see plenty of sources attributing the quote to either man, and given that Blaise Pascal lived 300 years before Richard Jeni, I'd go with Pascal...

I really don't care who said it first... it's a good quote

It was a joke. I really don't care who said what. Common sense tells me what I need to know about this subject.

Besides, don't we have a thread somewhere that hook-nosed people are evil?    Grin

You're nowhere near the point that we're discussing.

If the note in the picture is it, at least we have friends.    Grin

Yeah, yeah, entropy, blah blah.

You mean complexity, right?

Of course, I don't know where my mind was. Oh yeah, in the real world. Sorry BD.

BD? Do you mean BADecker? Huh. All this time I thought the name was BAD  ecker (a german word for a kind of nut), but it's actually BA  Decker?

Who the hell cares? I'm sorry! Did I say that out loud? I meant to say: Yes, maybe a nut. A nut case.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
February 24, 2016, 10:59:02 PM
BD? Do you mean BADecker? Huh. All this time I thought the name was BAD  ecker (a german word for a kind of nut), but it's actually BA  Decker?

I pronounce it Baaaa Decker... like the sheep
donator
Poor impulse control.
February 24, 2016, 10:57:25 PM

-José Bergamín

You’re basically killing each other to see who’s got the better imaginary friend.
-Blaise Pascal

-Voltaire

How about the well-known Albert Einstein even though he is so intelligent with high IQ he do believe in God, God is real and God exists.

He didn't believe in God, he believed in gods and was quite critical of Judeochristian religious beliefs.

Einstein was not on your side.
legendary
February 24, 2016, 10:56:06 PM

-José Bergamín

-Blaise Pascal

-Voltaire

A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man. (Albert Einstein)

I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it. (Albert Einstein, 1954)

I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings. (Albert Einstein)
Pages:
Jump to: