Pages:
Author

Topic: Proposal: Disallow Ads in Signatures - page 2. (Read 19034 times)

kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1026
April 21, 2014, 08:11:40 AM
Why should Members and below be blocked from having a signature because people are spamming due to signature ads?

Damn.  You broke the streak.  If not for your two posts, I was going to have 100% ignored posts on page 14.
Activity: 500
Merit: 500
April 20, 2014, 06:11:14 PM
I consider all of you spammers. This is a forum, not a chatbox. 10 quoted posts are looking ridiculous. You are lucky other moderators don't think that way.
How is discussing the topic of the thread we're posting in spamming?

You seem to be the biggest spammer here. I've only been on this forum only a short while but i see u all over posting rubbish obviously just for your sig deal.
Havn't you got better things to do with your life than chase me around in posts spewing out your jealousy? :/

Havent you got anything better to do than spamming up this forum with your 1 word replies an quoting people without even responding? And I don't follow you around, i just see your rubbish everywhere. What am i jealous of exactly?
Stop spamming this thread with your off-topic ramblings. If you have any questions directly towards me feel free to PM.

Stop replying to this thread to bump up your post count then. Funny how its now you care about being off topic.  Doesn't seem to stop you everywhere else. And this thread is about why signatures should be banned and your a perfect case of why.
Activity: 224
Merit: 101
April 20, 2014, 05:51:19 PM
I consider all of you spammers. This is a forum, not a chatbox. 10 quoted posts are looking ridiculous. You are lucky other moderators don't think that way.

You seem to be the biggest spammer here. I've only been on this forum only a short while but i see u all over posting rubbish obviously just for your sig deal.
Havn't you got better things to do with your life than chase me around in posts spewing out your jealousy? :/

Havent you got anything better to do than spamming up this forum with your 1 word replies an quoting people without even responding? And I don't follow you around, i just see your rubbish everywhere. What am i jealous of exactly?
Stop spamming this thread with your off-topic ramblings. If you have any questions directly towards me feel free to PM.
April 20, 2014, 05:49:42 PM

April 20, 2014, 05:46:11 PM

April 20, 2014, 05:07:40 PM

April 20, 2014, 05:00:19 PM
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1118
April 20, 2014, 04:59:03 PM

That is not spam when we are actually discussing the topic raised in the OP. Which you currently aren't, just so you know. A long chain of quotes for discussion purposes is not spam.

Anyway, on-topic: There is no need to dis-allow everyone from having a signature. Just dis-allow signature ads or make people damn well know that if they spam for cash, they're going to be punished.
EFS
staff
Activity: 3822
Merit: 2123
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 20, 2014, 04:52:21 PM
April 20, 2014, 03:53:35 PM
Of course it's because we're using the signatures ourselves. But we are doing that for a reason, probably ( in my case at least ) because I don't see why it should bother anyone. Smiley

One word. Spam.
Spammers should be dealt with anyway. My point was not everybody spams, I'm sure you wouldn't consider yourself a spammer just because you use an advertisement in your signature, and neither do I. Disallowing everyone is a collective punishment that's not really called for, imho.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
nahtnam.com
April 20, 2014, 03:45:32 PM
Of course it's because we're using the signatures ourselves. But we are doing that for a reason, probably ( in my case at least ) because I don't see why it should bother anyone. Smiley

One word. Spam.
April 20, 2014, 03:44:35 PM
I stopped putting ads in my signature when I realized it makes me look similar to those who just spam for money. Many people would complain that they can't spam for their $50/month that they get from signature ads, but in the long run it'd be much better for bitcointalk.

BTW I get more around $100-200.

The amount isn't the point nor the topic of this thread, it's the spam that it creates.

Why not only allow Full Members + to have a signature in the first place?

Why should Members and below be blocked from having a signature because people are spamming due to signature ads?

Or maybe not allowed to have a link.

Truthfully there is no medium. Its either get half of the forum pissed, or get the other half.
Who is pissed now then? If the mods hadn't noticed a significant decrease in spam when they changed the signature rules, they would've changed it back straight away, no?

There is a slight difference but not big enough. Right now the people in this thread who are anti-ads are pretty pissed.
No offense, but that seems to be a them-problem. They actually made a change based on just 1 persons proposal, made it happen very quickly too. They don't have the right to be pissed imho.

Not one persons. A lot of mods and even theymos wanted the change.

We both know the only reason that we are against this is because we are getting paid. If I wasnt I would def be against it.
legendary
nahtnam.com
April 20, 2014, 03:42:44 PM
I stopped putting ads in my signature when I realized it makes me look similar to those who just spam for money. Many people would complain that they can't spam for their $50/month that they get from signature ads, but in the long run it'd be much better for bitcointalk.

The amount isn't the point nor the topic of this thread, it's the spam that it creates.

Truthfully there is no medium. Its either get half of the forum pissed, or get the other half.
Who is pissed now then? If the mods hadn't noticed a significant decrease in spam when they changed the signature rules, they would've changed it back straight away, no?

There is a slight difference but not big enough. Right now the people in this thread who are anti-ads are pretty pissed.
No offense, but that seems to be a them-problem. They actually made a change based on just 1 persons proposal, made it happen very quickly too. They don't have the right to be pissed imho.

Not one persons. A lot of mods and even theymos wanted the change.

We both know the only reason that we are against this is because we are getting paid. If I wasnt I would def be against it.
April 20, 2014, 03:40:56 PM

legendary
nahtnam.com
April 20, 2014, 03:39:23 PM

April 20, 2014, 03:37:56 PM

legendary
April 20, 2014, 03:37:21 PM

Those who will be pissed, will be pissed simply because they can't be paid to post? This is a forum for discussing Bitcoin, not for making profit, at the end of the day. If people quit because they can't make money by posting, good riddance I say.
legendary
nahtnam.com
April 20, 2014, 03:36:11 PM

April 20, 2014, 03:35:56 PM

Because if you weren't Full Member + yourself you would never have suggested that. Wink
legendary
April 20, 2014, 03:35:16 PM

Pages:
Jump to: