Pages:
Author

Topic: Proving that my gambling script works. - page 8. (Read 1805 times)

copper member
Activity: 630
Merit: 2610
If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!
March 01, 2018, 11:08:40 PM
the script usually works 9/10 times or more

the script fails 9/10 times

Pfft, numbers?  Who cares?

I'm really not interested in the mathematical mumbo jumbo...

suchmoon, I get your point.  You see that I do.  But I still interested in relating that to whatever claims Alia made when she was offering the script for sale.  Those should take precedence, given the purpose of this “proof” thread:  To prove that selling the script was not a scam, viz., that it will perform as then advertised.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
March 01, 2018, 10:59:14 PM
2) Since the script fails 9/10 times,
Well it is good that we are on the same page.

I am not sure the point to this thread though...
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
March 01, 2018, 10:48:00 PM
Anyone who asks me to use it with a larger amount is stupid.

1) ROI is ROI. Whether it's on 1 bit or 1 bitcoin the return percentage is the same.
2) Since the script fails 9/10 times, I don't want to lose my coin. I will never use the script on significant amounts of money, unless it's for investors

The script fails 9 out of 10 times? Not quite what you claimed in the OP, is it now?

Is it what she claimed in the thread where she was selling the script?  This thread is supposed to somehow prove that that thread was legit.  Therefore, to be fair, the standard here should be at a minimum what was claimed there.

Edit:  A “gambling script” which “fails 9/10 times” is a hell of a gambling script.  Take a chance!  1/10 of the time, this script will win something!  And yes, I would readily find plausible a claim that this script wins money at least 1/10 of the time on a site with a 1% house edge.

Even in this thread:

the script usually works 9/10 times or more
copper member
March 01, 2018, 10:29:05 PM

1) ROI is ROI. Whether it's on 1 bit or 1 bitcoin the return percentage is the same.
2) Since the script fails 9/10 times, I don't want to lose my coin. I will never use the script on significant amounts of money, unless it's for investors

The script fails 9 out of 10 times? Not quite what you claimed in the OP, is it now?

Is it what she claimed in the thread where she was selling the script?  This thread is supposed to somehow prove that that thread was legit.  Therefore, to be fair, the standard here should be at a minimum what was claimed there.

Edit:  A “gambling script” which “fails 9/10 times” is a hell of a gambling script.  Take a chance!  1/10 of the time, this script will win something!  And yes, I would readily find plausible a claim that this script wins money at least 1/10 of the time on a site with a 1% house edge.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
March 01, 2018, 09:59:28 PM

copper member
March 01, 2018, 09:48:46 PM
I'm really not interested in the mathematical mumbo jumbo... all I care about is proving that the script works.

[...]

Yeah, maybe the maths says I am crazy, but this has worked for me before and I vehemently believe it will continue to work for me

Well, I’m glad you never showed that attitude when you stepped into Dev & Tech a few times.  Psshaw, maths?  Who needs ’em?  Bitcoin don’t need no maths—oh, wait.

What kind of alleged Bitcoin lover drips contempt for “mathematical mumbo jumbo”?

“Vires in numeris.”

Fyi, in case nobody knows maths - whether I play with 1 bit, 0.1 btc or 1 btc makes no difference. I'm looking at ROI here.

C’mon, econ girl.  Absolute amounts matter, too!  If not, please explain to me how I can live on 1 satoshi per day.  I like the simple life.

And in absolute terms, “ROI” is big on big amounts, just as it’s small on small amounts.  So why not go for the big amounts?  Why...

[...]

...oh.  Oh, wait.

I never followed the thread where you were selling the script.  PLesae tell me, did you ever disclose there that “the script fails 9/10 times”?  Or did you disclose to your investors that “Anyone who asks me to use it with a larger amount is stupid.”?

I am going to refer to the OP as a 'he' because it's obvious by the used gamer's lingo that he is probably a male in his teenage years.

So, what am I?  I don’t know any “gamer’s lingo”.  That’s why at first, I had trouble following all the scam accusations about the script.  I had to see it explained in terms of maths and probability, without the gambling jargon—oh, then I got it, and cooked up my own Bitcoin mining analogy as laid out on the previous page of this thread[/url].

(Yes, I know that my flip “what am I?” is logically fallacious.  But I find it funny.)
legendary
Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036
March 01, 2018, 09:47:01 PM
personally I sent alia 0.01 btc two times and she was able to profit for me , but I can't believe the script thing
The only thing that made me send money is that I will either win a little more btc or I will get a cam show , but I'm 100% sure that the script won't work in the long run
I mean personally if I know such thing I wouldn't sell it , why to sell a gold mine especially if it's an exploit !!

Did you see him gambling with your coins? Because I can promise you better ROI if you send me some coins too. I will return 200% to some people, get some big investments going and then off I go with the funds. It's called a ponzi.
I am going to refer to the OP as a 'he' because it's obvious by the used gamer's lingo that he is probably a male in his teenage years.

op is a she , she had a service where you send your money and she gambles
if she won she takes a portion and send you your capital + a profit , and if she lost you can get a cam show with her and she gets naked
so it was a good idea but she decided to close it and to sell the script instead which I don't like

It's a HE.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804
guess who's back
March 01, 2018, 09:44:56 PM
personally I sent alia 0.01 btc two times and she was able to profit for me , but I can't believe the script thing
The only thing that made me send money is that I will either win a little more btc or I will get a cam show , but I'm 100% sure that the script won't work in the long run
I mean personally if I know such thing I wouldn't sell it , why to sell a gold mine especially if it's an exploit !!

Did you see him gambling with your coins? Because I can promise you better ROI if you send me some coins too. I will return 200% to some people, get some big investments going and then off I go with the funds. It's called a ponzi.

op is a she , she had a service where you send your money and she gambles
if she won she takes a portion and send you your capital + a profit , and if she lost you can get a cam show with her and she gets naked
so it was a good idea but she decided to close it and to sell the script instead which I don't like
legendary
March 01, 2018, 09:40:12 PM

Asks for a lot of Bitcoins from investors
Terrified to bet his own cash
Seems legit
lol
Activity: 56
Merit: 115
Lowest EVER interest lending! (Use escrow always)
March 01, 2018, 09:32:54 PM
I'm really not interested in the mathematical mumbo jumbo... all I care about is proving that the script works.

I have gotten 1 bit on Bustabit and am running the script.

Fyi, in case nobody knows maths - whether I play with 1 bit, 0.1 btc or 1 btc makes no difference. I'm looking at ROI here.

And I will no longer post a screen recording, I will just send you my account link.

Yeah, maybe the maths says I am crazy, but this has worked for me before and I vehemently believe it will continue to work for me

Then put on your big boys pants and run the script with 1 Bitcoin. More profit for you. What's the problem? You asked for a lot of Bitcoins but you are scared to bet yours. You said you had a stash of coins at your disposal on that signed address. Use that to shush the critics! And you can't pay your bills by betting cents dude. Play with the pros or go back to the sandpit.

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804
guess who's back
March 01, 2018, 09:30:45 PM
legendary
March 01, 2018, 09:24:26 PM

And I will no longer post a screen recording, I will just send you my account link.

Then put on your big boys pants and run the script with 1 Bitcoin. More profit for you. What's the problem? You asked for a lot of Bitcoins but you are scared to bet yours. You said you had a stash of coins at your disposal on that signed address. Use that to shush the critics! And you can't pay your bills by betting cents dude. Play with the pros or go back to the sandpit.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282
March 01, 2018, 08:30:39 PM

It does make a difference, in mental mindset. The only reason you aren't going higher is because you know/expect it to not work, and do not want to lose money.

Someone testing a method with a few cents? Snooze. Someone testing a method with a few thousand dollars? I might take them more seriously. (or think that they are dumber)
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
March 01, 2018, 08:00:57 PM

You should start with a larger bet. If you do, if you are right then you will have enough money so it won’t matter what anyone else thinks and can just retire.
Don't try to address this Roll Eyes
Activity: 1624
Merit: 645
March 01, 2018, 07:26:03 PM

Yeah fuck math. However anyone that claims they have a winning script/strategy but want to sell it makes little sense to me. Wouldn't you be able to just get rich using it? What is the point of selling it?
Activity: 56
Merit: 115
Lowest EVER interest lending! (Use escrow always)
March 01, 2018, 07:24:03 PM

copper member
March 01, 2018, 07:15:09 PM
It is also worth pointing out that 20 runs is statistical noise.

I set up a contigency table, played with the numbers and ran some chi-squared tests on them. I calculated for p-value of 0.05 (This means that the results we achieve would be achieved by random chance 5% of the time i.e. we are 95% confident the script is working as advertised. This is a common minimum standard required across most fields of scientific research.)

Even if the script could completely eliminate the house edge (which it can't), we would need around 6000 runs to obtain a p-value of <0.05. If the script could half the house edge from 1% to 0.5%, we would need around 23000 runs to obtain a p-value of <0.05.

Excellent point, o_e_l_e_o.  Curiously, 23000 runs is well within the realm of affordability for an experiment with the level of wagers Alia proposed:

1 bit will be wagered on Bustabit and 3 bits will be wagered on Cryptobust.

Code:
$ bc -l
4 * 23000 / 1000000

Surely, to prove her point, Alia could put up <0.1 BTC for 23000 runs on each site, at the wagers she stated.  Moreover, to avoid any doubt, the experiment should be performed by a trustworthy person who PGP-signs an NDA agreeing not to disclose the script unless either it fails to perform as advertised, or it is found to contain any illegal material.  Skeptical investigators’ experiments always take such reasonable precautions.

I began writing a longer post about this, even thinking to offer to put up 0.0092 BTC (10% of the total) for this experiment.  But then I realized, that would only prove with confidence of p < 0.05 that the script could halve the house edge.  That is:  It would prove with >95% certainty that the script could cut your long-term gambling losses in half.  What about profit?

Say, how many runs would be required to obtain p < 0.05 confidence that the script can generate a 5% profit across many runs?  That is a modest “ROI”, at the low end of Alia’s claims.

Please do not insult Alia by suggesting that she prove only that the script can cut losses in half!  Who would want a winning script which only loses less?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588
March 01, 2018, 06:40:26 PM
If the script does not yield 20% ROI 18 times out of 20, I will admit that I "lied", and will leave the forum. I will also send a few bits to people who warned against me.
If the script yields 20% ROI 18 times out of 20 (or more)... well, then I guess my point has been proven.
18 times of 20 is 90%. ROI - 20%. Expected value is 1.08. There's a chance of 92.5% to reach so easy target without using any scripts. So, you would not prove anything.

At a 1% house edge, which both of these sites have, the simple chance of 20% return is 82.5%. The chance of alia getting 18, 19, or 20 of these 82.5% chances in a group of 20 is as follows:

(For those unfamiliar, this uses the Binomial Distribution to find the chance of k successes out of 20 trials. Here we are interested in k=18, k=19, and k=20 so we sum those results).

This comes out to 0.294233 (rounded to the 6th decimal place), or 29.4233%.

So basically, the chance of alia's script working (according to the known laws of probability) are around 29.4%.

I have my doubts about the legitimacy of this because screen recordings can be faked, livestreams could have been pre-recorded and such, but I won't get any more into that in this post.

It is also worth pointing out that 20 runs is statistical noise.

I set up a contigency table, played with the numbers and ran some chi-squared tests on them. I calculated for a p-value of 0.05 (This means that the results we achieve would be achieved by random chance 5% of the time i.e. we are 95% confident the script is working as advertised. This is a common minimum standard required across most fields of scientific.)

Even if the script could completely eliminate the house edge (which it can't), we would need around 6000 runs to obtain a p-value of <0.05. If the script could half the house edge from 1% to 0.5%, we would need around 23000 runs to obtain a p-value of <0.05.
copper member
March 01, 2018, 05:25:25 PM
If it does work then go directly with bigger bets so that people would really be convinced...

Sorry to cut this quote in half; I will show where you were correct by the end.  But first, I want to highlight the problem here.

Many people’s eyes glaze over when they see equations; so I will snip those beautiful equations, and cut everything down to “money quotes” (so to speak):

If the script does not yield 20% ROI 18 times out of 20, I will admit that I "lied", and will leave the forum. I will also send a few bits to people who warned against me.

If the script yields 20% ROI 18 times out of 20 (or more)... well, then I guess my point has been proven.

The chance of alia getting 18, 19, or 20 of these 82.5% chances in a group of 20 is...

[Correct mathematical calculation.]

This comes out to 0.294233 (rounded to the 6th decimal place), or 29.4233%.

So basically, the chance of alia's script working (according to the known laws of probability) are around 29.4%.

Otherwise stated:  A user with a ruined reputation has a 29.4% chance of “proving” that the script works—told you so!—and a 70.6% chance of doing what was probably going to happen anyway.

That’s about midway between betting on a die roll, and betting on a coin flip.  For a person with nothing left to lose here, it is close to a ⅓ chance of (imagined) instant redemption!  Not a bad bet for someone who managed to get red-tagged by theymos himself.

What is the point to open this thread?

For a 29.4% chance of winning trust based on pure luck, with the downside risk limited to a grand total0 of 0.00004 BTC = 4000 satoshis (plus some unspecified “few bits”)!

Every day, for the next 10 days, starting from 12:10 AM UTC, I will use the script.

1 bit will be wagered on Bustabit and 3 bits will be wagered on Cryptobust.

Whereas:

...but we do all the know the reality of gambling no matter how good the script is,sooner or later that thing will bust up no matter what 20% on bankroll is achievable not because of script but on your pure luck.

Exactly.

Yet notwithstanding the foregoing, I still entertain the notion that a winning script may be Alia’s idée fixe.  Consider here the argument set forth in Alia’s negative trust feedback for RGBKey (2018-02-27):

Quote from: alia
Lying in my trust rating about a thread I made, spreading false information. Nothing can predict the future, and this was made clear in my thread - apparently it did not get into this person's head. I requested spam and questions to be directed to my PMs, this person clearly did not get the memo. Stay far away.

Proof of exactly what I said: https://gyazo.com/807f3e327ad66cfe191f6c7fd3dd0654?token=c07782fe2d0e87b3e786dfd42ba316ee

Further explanation:

You are absolutely right. However, in my experience, there are sections of games that are clearly different from one another. Quoting myself...

"Based on preceding games, the script can indicate (to a mathematical extent) what kind of games are about to come consequently. It is naturally not foolproof; but it can purely indicate."

Being a pure indication, these are generally unreliable, but can prove to be helpful. It is true that each game is individual and its odds are calculated individually, but if you think of games as sets of games, you can definitely see some mathematical odds. For example, there are 1-2 games with a 1000+x multiplier, but there has never been a game with two such games in a row. While the odds for a single game getting 1000x are (0.99/1000), the odds for two consecutive games hitting that are ((0.99/1000)^2). In the same way, let's think of a set of 10 games. The odds of all ten games busting above 1.1x are (0.9)^10 = ~35%. The odds of twenty games busting above 1.1x are (0.9)^20 = 12%. Thus, if 10 games bust above 1.1x, it can be reasonably assumed (as per the "gambler's fallacy") that the next ten games will probably have a bust below 1.1x. Naturally - this is a mathematical fallacy, because the odds of the ten games are calculated in an isolated fashion and are not involved with each other. However, in my practice and experience (while playing and tweaking the script), it has worked near-flawlessly, and I continue to make profit this way. Try it out yourself, if you don't believe me.

This user has no idea what he is talking about and remains a danger to the community if he continues to spread false trust ratings.

So, Alia states that “nothing can predict the future”.  Then advocates a method of predicting the future of a pseudorandom process.

And so, Alia admits that the script is based on a “mathematical fallacy”.  But in the next breath, “practice and experience” override the laws of mathematics.

Such blatant self-contradiction is oftentimes shown by those who are obsessed with an idea.  “Nothing can create free energy—and this was made clear in my thread.  However, I have here a machine which will run forever without any new energy input.  It is based on a physics fallacy; but practice and experience have shown me that it works.  Try it out yourself, if you don't believe me.”

For the non-gamblers like me who are unaccustomed to talk of games and “busting”, I have an analogy:

Alia outlines what I will here call a (fallacious) calculation over collective probabilities.  A (correct) example of such a calculation is Bitcoin’s difficulty adjustment.  The mining process is pseudorandom, a probabilistic search—a sort of gambling.  Difficulty is targeted such that on average, the time between blocks will be around 10 minutes.  Yet if you watch the blockchain, you will notice that the time between blocks is quite variable.

Due to the targeting at 10 minutes, you might expect “intuitively” that too-short times would be followed by too-long times.  Sometimes, by happenstance, that is what occurs.  But other times, not.  Sometimes, a block is mined very quickly, followed by another block mined very quickly.  Sometimes, the opposite.  Sometimes, neither.

The only (almost-)true prediction1 which could be made from this is that over the course of many blocks, assuming constant global hashrate, the average of block generation times will be close to 10 minutes.  This is analogous to predicting that over the course of many games, “ROI” will be close to -1% (the house edge).  The former won’t even be exactly 10 minutes, and the latter won’t be exactly -1% (negative one percent), because the processes are probabilistic.

Whereas what Alia claims this script to do is tantamount to claiming that you can semi-accurately predict the next block generation time based on the past few block generation times.  Um, no.  Try this concept for free:  Watch the blockchain, and try to guess about how long it will take the next block to come in.  Sometimes, by pure luck, you will come close with your prediction.  But mostly, you will just find the experience very frustrating.

0. Here interpreting “bit” per BIP 176 as 0.000001 BTC = 100 satoshis.

1. Actually, I stated the matter somewhat backwards:  The difficulty adjustment is done every 2016 blocks retrospectively, by looking at how far away from the desired 10-minute target the past 2016 blocks’ average comes out to.  But this is only necessary due to changes in global hash rate; and I here oversimplify by omitting all discussion of fluctuations in hash rate.  If hash rate were constant, then you could reasonably make a forward-looking prediction that the next n block generation times would average out to about 10 minutes—for any large enough n.  Also then, difficulty adjustment would never be required.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1006
March 01, 2018, 04:29:21 PM
Ok keep us updated about your stats than  Grin
To earn that 20% ROI per day you might have to risk all you have because I am also one of the guy who never believes on gambling script or strategy.
Pages:
Jump to: