Pages:
Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 21. (Read 307527 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 100
We are having an exciting period in here and I am really happy for the whole progress we've made.
We have managed to integrate Automated Transactions, a technology powered by CIYAM developers and at the same time we've created an entire web with a distributed cloud storage machine on top of Qora.

So we have boosted this way the entire crypto currencies scene with a powerful solution... however we have done only few simple things.Web portals like reddit.com, github.com, medium.com, kickstarter.com or indiegogo.com, anything, have become easy to emulate and to be implemented by anyone who takes the advantages of QORA's features.

We have build the Web 3.0 on Qora

The Semantic Web provides a common framework that allows data to be shared and reused across application, enterprise, and community boundaries.
-Semantic Web
...or a component of the Web 3.0 ..whatever.

Our proposals for the future will be shared and will be known in the coming weeks and we do have a solid plan to embrace the world.
We ask you for your support and directions to proceed together to a win - win situation.

wow, what you describe sounds incredible ... so glad I'm hodling a bag now (and so are my kids)
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
We are having an exciting period in here and I am really happy for the whole progress we've made.
We have managed to integrate Automated Transactions, a technology powered by CIYAM developers and at the same time we've created an entire web with a distributed cloud storage machine on top of Qora.

So we have boosted this way the entire crypto currencies scene with a powerful solution... however we have done only few simple things.Web portals like reddit.com, github.com, medium.com, kickstarter.com or indiegogo.com, anything, have become easy to emulate and to be implemented by anyone who takes the advantages of QORA's features.

We have build the Web 3.0 on Qora

The Semantic Web provides a common framework that allows data to be shared and reused across application, enterprise, and community boundaries.
-Semantic Web
...or a component of the Web 3.0 ..whatever.

Our proposals for the future will be shared and will be known in the coming weeks and we do have a solid plan to embrace the world.
We ask you for your support and directions to proceed together to a win - win situation.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
I doubt that a listing there will push Qora forward in any way. We should rather focus on bringing Qora on more liquid exchange like we did on Poloniex.

I think can be good to Qora to be listed here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bullish-percent-index-for-cryptos-1151078 so please vote if you think so.

Regards.

I think for sure Qora is an unknown coin for most of crypto enthusiasts, to be listed here will be huge both in publicity and trading options. You must think not only in the great and innovative tech but public awareness too.

I agree. Voted  Cool
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
I doubt that a listing there will push Qora forward in any way. We should rather focus on bringing Qora on more liquid exchange like we did on Poloniex.

I think can be good to Qora to be listed here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bullish-percent-index-for-cryptos-1151078 so please vote if you think so.

Regards.

I think for sure Qora is an unknown coin for most of crypto enthusiasts, to be listed here will be huge both in publicity and trading options. You must think not only in the great and innovative tech but public awareness too.
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Block generating balance is not tied to a specific forger who generated that block, it's a global variable that can be identified.
Here are some great explanations from rlh....
...The first account right now is Poloniex , http://qora.co.in/?q=QPVknSmwDryB98Hh8xB7E6U75dGFYwNkJ4
BTER is the 7th account, http://qora.co.in/?q=QXNz5kBknsgNYtRKit4jCDNVm7YYoXLZdB

Thanks Vrontis. I'd also like to take this chance to thank you very much for taking the lead with qora. You are doing amazing work!
legendary
Activity: 1764
well i must say hello to the qora community since i am involved now on it Smiley

i have just one question from now, ATM, how many decent amount of coins do you think you need if you want to see that you forged one block?

I think something around 10.000.000 is good for a regular staking. you can see an expected time if you point your mouse over the mining icon in the wallet
xyz
Activity: 1848
Merit: 772

Regards.

I think EVERY place is good to read about Qora!!
Why should we not try to be listed in this poll!?
Activity: 619
Voted. Come on guys, we just got 12 votes....
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

Regards.
legendary
Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008
northern exposure
first at all, ty for your reply Smiley i have a question for you, imagine that a bought 10M of qora, and i hit a block, how many qora will i get? is there a graphic or something like that where i can see how many qora i will get by forging a block?

It doesn't really work that way.  Every transaction costs 1 Qora to execute.  If you forge a block, you get all transactions.  Most blocks do not contain transaction fees, so even if you hit one, there is no guarantee that you will garner any fees.

I think with one of the more recent updates, there was an integration of a special account that people could donate too.  So long as there are funds in that account, each forger can take 50 Qora from the account.  I'm not entirely sure how this works, since this change was made after I did my initial research on the Qora forging algorithm.  I know CIYAM knows a bit more about it than I do and I think he helped set it up.

TL;DR: If there are funds in the donation account for forgers, you will at least get 50 Qora for every block +1 Qora for each included TX.   If there are no donation fees, you only get the TX fees.

i see well thank you for clarify me all those questions, i really apreciate that. Now i know more about qora Smiley
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
first at all, ty for your reply Smiley i have a question for you, imagine that a bought 10M of qora, and i hit a block, how many qora will i get? is there a graphic or something like that where i can see how many qora i will get by forging a block?

It doesn't really work that way.  Every transaction costs 1 Qora to execute.  If you forge a block, you get all transactions.  Most blocks do not contain transaction fees, so even if you hit one, there is no guarantee that you will garner any fees.

I think with one of the more recent updates, there was an integration of a special account that people could donate too.  So long as there are funds in that account, each forger can take 50 Qora from the account.  I'm not entirely sure how this works, since this change was made after I did my initial research on the Qora forging algorithm.  I know CIYAM knows a bit more about it than I do and I think he helped set it up.

TL;DR: If there are funds in the donation account for forgers, you will at least get 50 Qora for every block +1 Qora for each included TX.   If there are no donation fees, you only get the TX fees.
legendary
northern exposure
well i must say hello to the qora community since i am involved now on it Smiley

i have just one question from now, ATM, how many decent amount of coins do you think you need if you want to see that you forged one block?
Even if you hold 1B Qora (10%) you will never hold enough for revenue from forging to be profitable.  The fees just aren't high enough.  However, if you want to benefit the network and hit a block "every now and then" then I'd say you could get away with as little as 10M Qora.  With a balance that low, you might hit a block once every day or so.  On a good day you could get 3-4.  It's rather random and a bit contingent on whose forging at the moment.  Since most of the exchanges leave their wallets on, it's a near guarantee that at least 1B will be forging at all time. 

However, if Polo needs to restart a server and it takes them many hours to do it, forging power might be cut in half so smaller balances are much more likely to hit blocks.

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Regards.
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004

Even if you hold 1B Qora (10%) you will never hold enough for revenue from forging to be profitable.  The fees just aren't high enough.  However, if you want to benefit the network and hit a block "every now and then" then I'd say you could get away with as little as 10M Qora.  With a balance that low, you might hit a block once every day or so.  On a good day you could get 3-4.  It's rather random and a bit contingent on whose forging at the moment.  Since most of the exchanges leave their wallets on, it's a near guarantee that at least 1B will be forging at all time. 

However, if Polo needs to restart a server and it takes them many hours to do it, forging power might be cut in half so smaller balances are much more likely to hit blocks.
legendary
northern exposure

legendary
Activity: 1764
Good to see that Qora found the new floor around 14-15 satoshi, there is nice support, volume went up and market depth is better now too. I hope that the roller coasters are over. Smiley

kind of, but QORA is still undervalued in my opinion. ofc, there are other more profitable coins to trade at the moment Sad
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
i'm seeing recent block height of 123359 (and many previous blocks) with a generating balance of almost 4 billion qora (3,967,186,475)!!! However the richest account is roughly 760 million qora...

Does qora have a merged-account forging feature that I have not heard about? Or am I misunderstanding "generating balance"?

Also, are the top 2 accounts (over 700 million qora) Bter and Polo?

Thanks!

Block generating balance is not tied to a specific forger who generated that block, it's a global variable that can be identified.
Here are some great explanations from rlh.

Regarding the forging algorithm, every 10 blocks Qora recalculates it's difficulty.  In a nutshell, it looks at how long it took to mine those previous 10 blocks, looks at the total number of coins held by each forger and then derives a new difficulty.  10 blocks should take ~10 minutes to forge.  If it takes more or less than 10 minutes then difficulty will be scaled based off of the time and the balances that were used to forged the previous 10 blocks.
Source : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11843209

The first account right now is Poloniex , http://qora.co.in/?q=QPVknSmwDryB98Hh8xB7E6U75dGFYwNkJ4
BTER is the 7th account, http://qora.co.in/?q=QXNz5kBknsgNYtRKit4jCDNVm7YYoXLZdB
Activity: 585
i'm seeing recent block height of 123359 (and many previous blocks) with a generating balance of almost 4 billion qora (3,967,186,475)!!! However the richest account is roughly 760 million qora...

Does qora have a merged-account forging feature that I have not heard about? Or am I misunderstanding "generating balance"?

Also, are the top 2 accounts (over 700 million qora) Bter and Polo?

Thanks!
Activity: 502
Twospirit made a comment about twistelaar receiving 104m qora from Jelle (qora dev) and doing nearly nothing with it but keeping most of it. He mentioned projects twistelaar claimed and didn't end such as new wallet with bitcrea and others.
That post disappeared. I tried asking about it to twospirit with no reply. I would like to know what happened to it because 1.04% of the currency is a lot and every qora matters when it's supposed to be put into development, marketing and other things.

I don't mean to disrespect anyone, and I am thankful and grateful for any development put into Qora by whoever did it. I am not claiming anything either, I just wanna gather information.
It seems integrate qora to bitshares' poll is over and 'yes' won. It would be interesting to have some more information about this still.

yeah, this comment originated in misunderstanding of me and twistelaar regarding some qora projects, we cleared this up in private discussion and the moderators deleted it after, because some things I said here weren't true, so it was better to not confuse others...you can contact twistelaar if you have some more question about it

edit: ya, now I see you sent pm Wink
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
Twospirit made a comment about twistelaar receiving 104m qora from Jelle (qora dev) and doing nearly nothing with it but keeping most of it. He mentioned projects twistelaar claimed and didn't end such as new wallet with bitcrea and others.
That post disappeared. I tried asking about it to twospirit with no reply. I would like to know what happened to it because 1.04% of the currency is a lot and every qora matters when it's supposed to be put into development, marketing and other things.

I don't mean to disrespect anyone, and I am thankful and grateful for any development put into Qora by whoever did it. I am not claiming anything either, I just wanna gather information.
It seems integrate qora to bitshares' poll is over and 'yes' won. It would be interesting to have some more information about this still.
Pages:
Jump to: