Pages:
Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 68. (Read 307527 times)

legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
Just spotted this post in the AT thread.  Fantastic news.  Just in case anyone missed it:

Whilst there was some delay with Qora (due to the lead developer not being able to continue on the project) the AT implementation for that blockchain is now completed and being tested (with all tests so far looking good).

The first ACCTs (Atomic Cross-Chain Transfers) between two mainnet blockchains using AT will be taking place before the end of this month (I expect some press will appear about this).

AT has been running for nearly 6 months now without any issues on the Burst blockchain so I hope that some skeptics might take a deeper look at the very practical and successful "Turing complete" Smart Contract implementation that AT is.

Note also that we are still keen to know if any LLVM devs want to be a part of this project.

Exciting times ahead, methinks. 
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
@Qora wrote:
Re: [ANN] Qora | IPO | 100% Proof-of-Stake | New Source
March 19, 2014, 04:03:09 PM     #3

A Proof-of-Stake algorithm that is different from anything that is described here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_Stake.

The algorithm will allow accounts to start generating blocks after only 10 confirmations.
Each account will also know at exactly which point they will generate the next block.

Where can I find when my account will generate the next block?
Or will this be later available? With or without @Qora?

There is no indication or something like that how likely it is that you will generate the next block. It happens by chance. The higher your stake the higher is your chance that you will generate the next one.
xyz
Activity: 1848
Merit: 772
@Qora wrote:
Re: [ANN] Qora | IPO | 100% Proof-of-Stake | New Source
March 19, 2014, 04:03:09 PM     #3

A Proof-of-Stake algorithm that is different from anything that is described here https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_Stake.

The algorithm will allow accounts to start generating blocks after only 10 confirmations.
Each account will also know at exactly which point they will generate the next block.

Where can I find when my account will generate the next block?
Or will this be later available? With or without @Qora?
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
Just for my interest. Are there other factors except the amount of coins that you own to find a block (for instance, amount of ingoing and outgoing transactions, the time how long client is online etc)?

Its also based on how many others are forging (the 'generating balance') as well as how many trasnactions are happening (when many trasnactions are happening it lets people produce blocks faster, if no transactions they are slower). 

The exact algorithm is a unique invention of the Qora dev and I am not sure if we really understand it fully.  It doesnt work the same way as any other coin.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
Just for my interest. Are there other factors except the amount of coins that you own to find a block (for instance, amount of ingoing and outgoing transactions, the time how long client is online etc)?

just to clarify, that I should buy some Qora and send it to my wallet , that will allow me to then forge?. Or should I just leave the wallet open in an attempt to generate blocks?

thanks

You also need to have Qora in the wallet, because its a proof of stake coin.  The amount of blocks you forge will be proportional to how much Qora you have.

I think POS alg used by qora is totally different from what we know for POS,

this helps about forging https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9793050
and this: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5783480
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

just to clarify, that I should buy some Qora and send it to my wallet , that will allow me to then forge?. Or should I just leave the wallet open in an attempt to generate blocks?

thanks

You also need to have Qora in the wallet, because its a proof of stake coin.  The amount of blocks you forge will be proportional to how much Qora you have.

thanks

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

thanks
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024
Hi qora team. Do you think to start a signature campaign or avatar campaign to reach more people? Do we need thing like that.
legendary

Thank you. İ am gonna hold my coins as i can. Coz i belive qora and the team behind qora. You are doing very good job.
Activity: 351
Merit: 250
legendary
legendary

It seems like you are on a fork.Delete data folder and sync your wallet from scratch.

I deleted data folder and now it is resync but where did my Qora's go  ?   Grin
am i the only staking wallet? and why is the fee always zero?

You appear to have gotten onto your own personal fork somehow.  Probably you got desynced or something.

Check out the block explorer: http://qora.co.in/?
You have been producing lots of blocks that are not listed there.
Activity: 351

It seems like you are on a fork.Delete data folder and sync your wallet from scratch.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Reality is stranger than fiction
OFC you're not the only one Wink

The fee stays zero, as long as there are not transactions in these blocks. This will increase as activity increases.

EDIT: Oops, you were also on a fork!
legendary
Activity: 363
btw faucet is not working..i went there 3 times and nothing recieved still...and nothing mined/staked in last 6 days :-P

ya it's been on a fork for a while now.
Activity: 285
Also..plz if anyone can share a link where i can get to know and understand what assets are and how do they work etc...im a new to all this...i only traded crypto coins till now..this looks cool and i want to learn.
Activity: 285
btw faucet is not working..i went there 3 times and nothing recieved still...and nothing mined/staked in last 6 days :-P
Pages:
Jump to: