Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 139. (Read 249434 times)

legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
seriously 1 address holds more than 56% of Qora?
where You see that information??
 can show the link? Smiley

I would assume that's the users storing their funds on an exchange.  Most likely Poloniex.  CCEDK doesn't seem to get the same volume and most users decided that Bter were pretty scummy in the end and stopped using them.
Activity: 659
Merit: 500
Zepher is scammer!:)
where You see that information??
 can show the link? Smiley
Activity: 708
rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
is there a voting system planned for this coin, that lets you create polls and determines theres only one vote per user?

No... because a voting system has been in place for years. Cheesy

Qora has had voting for a long time and, if I recall correctly, was one of the first couple of features added after it's initial release.

Although, to clarify, it's not one vote per user.  It's more akin to a stakeholder vote.  Those with a larger stake have a larger say in the outcome.

Then that's exactly what I don't need. I need a blockchain which has the possibility of a separated voting system on top as I want to work with it in a political project. Oligarchy won't work Smiley

I think you could use qora or any other crypto coin that can store data in blockchain by building an app
that uses the block chain. To have a political voting you will have register every voter on the block chain
with some verified document like ID card or passport.
then after the voters have been registered you could distribute a tokens or coins to the voters
so that they could vote by sending a message to a particular address which could be used to
count the votes for particular option(selection) in the voting process.

I hope you understood Smiley
Bye.

To be clear, any voting scheme will not work if it is based off of the idea of one-vote-per-account.  The "wealthy" can, and will, always create as many accounts as they desire to sway the vote as they see fit.

This is why all coins with voting mechanisms weight voting by the size of the account.  There is no reason so split up your account.  If you own 10% of Qora, you own 10% of the vote.

The only way around this limitation is to create a system where you (the initiator or the vote) can create the voting accounts, assign them to users and verify that users are not taking multiple accounts, for multiple votes.

That's hard to do in crypto because a large part of these token-systems is to provide anonymity and if there is anonymity, you can't prove if people are creating sockpuppet accounts.
Activity: 1110
Merit: 534
is there a voting system planned for this coin, that lets you create polls and determines theres only one vote per user?

Qora has had voting for a long time and, if I recall correctly, was one of the first couple of features added after it's initial release.

Although, to clarify, it's not one vote per user.  It's more akin to a stakeholder vote.  Those with a larger stake have a larger say in the outcome.

Then that's exactly what I don't need. I need a blockchain which has the possibility of a separated voting system on top as I want to work with it in a political project. Oligarchy won't work Smiley

I think you could use qora or any other crypto coin that can store data in blockchain by building an app
that uses the block chain. To have a political voting you will have register every voter on the block chain
with some verified document like ID card or passport.
then after the voters have been registered you could distribute a tokens or coins to the voters
so that they could vote by sending a message to a particular address which could be used to
count the votes for particular option(selection) in the voting process.

I hope you understood Smiley
Bye.

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

Activity: 546
We need to become more active in our social media. Twitter, Facebook, Reddit marketing as well as whats going on transparently.The devs who left and the new team that will take over. A good community manager would be highly helpful.
Good luck. Exciting times ahead.  Wink
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
put me in for an elaborated german translation. I'd be happy to help. Iranian, French & Japanese amongst my friends too, a lot of languages should do well for a growing user base.
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged

rlh
Activity: 804
Merit: 1004
Hello,

Hello,

Activity: 471
Hello,

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
@crowetic  I generally like POS but don't have enough code and security knowledge to comment authoritatively on Pos as a whole. It would be interesting to hear everyone's thoughts.

------------------

I've seen something interesting on the charts: Look June 17 and 18 (on polo) and you'll notice an identical double doji bottom tweezer Isn't that just really interesting eh? Maybe some technical analyst can elaborate on the meaning of this (if it does have special significance which I believe it does).

Edit: lol I just had another look and there is actually a couple of these 'identical doji's' in the past month. haha  Cheesy just another one I guess.

The reason I ask, is that one of the talks we're having right now, involves putting a different algo into QORA. One that is totally innovative.

Main reasoning here, is that it seems the QORA network is not nearly as large as it should be, and this could totally revitalize it. That plus all of the other awesome features that exist.

I'll post again soon with an idea for my overall plan, once I've gotten it approved by the other key people. Thanks!

If you change the algo, why not just fork qora? Probably be better to build a stronger community from scratch compared to what exists here.

That's one of the ideas, but if something isn't done with the existing project, it will surely die, so we have an idea for that, but it definitely would involve a hard fork for the coin,  but it would implement a completely new idea that is not something that exists currently. I believe it would be something to truly put QORA in the news.
Activity: 585
@crowetic  I generally like POS but don't have enough code and security knowledge to comment authoritatively on Pos as a whole. It would be interesting to hear everyone's thoughts.

------------------

I've seen something interesting on the charts: Look June 17 and 18 (on polo) and you'll notice an identical double doji bottom tweezer Isn't that just really interesting eh? Maybe some technical analyst can elaborate on the meaning of this (if it does have special significance which I believe it does).

Edit: lol I just had another look and there is actually a couple of these 'identical doji's' in the past month. haha  Cheesy just another one I guess.

The reason I ask, is that one of the talks we're having right now, involves putting a different algo into QORA. One that is totally innovative.

Main reasoning here, is that it seems the QORA network is not nearly as large as it should be, and this could totally revitalize it. That plus all of the other awesome features that exist.

I'll post again soon with an idea for my overall plan, once I've gotten it approved by the other key people. Thanks!

If you change the algo, why not just fork qora? Probably be better to build a stronger community from scratch compared to what exists here.
legendary

------------------

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
Bought in. Let the rise begin  Smiley
Activity: 392
my magic is growing strong[er]

------------------

legendary
Activity: 3024
Merit: 2148
Looks like now is a very good time to buy some Qora.
legendary
Link windows wallet doesn't work

For now I don't have control over these aspects, and I'm still working out details with the new forming team, etc.

But know that things will begin to show change coming soon.

I am not going to make promises right now, but I can see plenty of options in the near future as far as a direction for the coin.

I would like to ask this... What is everyone's opinion on PoS as a whole?
Activity: 406
Can someone give an outsider who's looking to pick up some QORA a few updates on what has been going on and what's ahead for the development? Basically like a quick snapshot of the current state of QORA. Thanks!

QORA is an extremely technologically advanced coin, capable of decentralized web hosting, and carrying within it, a decentralized social network, asset exchange, Automated Transactions capable of building applications on the chain, and more... It was built from the ground up not cloned from any other coin.

The coin was run by a staff of very proficient developers who got the coin to an extremely high level of technical prowess, but unfortunately didn't carry with them the gumption for doing the public side of what is necessary in a coin to make it gain traction and popularity. Thus, the coin got so far, then was not taken as far as it could have been, due to this noted issue.

What is going on now, is the network isn't as strong as it deserves to be, and thus, the coin will be undergoing some managerial changes, and coming together with some people willing to help it along the way, believing wholeheartedly in the underlying technical architecture the coin brings to the table.

I will not say much more than this at the current time, but do know that I'm in talks with the remaining QORA developers, and more people to begin the structure of what this coin will become in the future.

Stay tuned. Wink Thanks!

Awesome, I'm buying more cheap Qora!!
Jump to: