Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 141. (Read 249434 times)

legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1086
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
Unfortunately as even unpaid devs such as myself get "attacked" by those upset that they didn't "get rich quick" I wouldn't recommend a single one to ever work on this or any other such project (only perhaps Bitcoin/Litecoin and even then to be careful as other devs there might *use* your work and not pay you as I experienced myself which is what drove me to create AT in the first place).

To a fair extent I think this is why the original Qora dev disappeared (and the same thing in Burst).
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Anyone know any devs that want to take over QORA project? The community now appears very fragmented so doubt any funds could be raised. But maybe some devs might consider taking on the project as a hobby.
legendary
I posted to help @vbcs to get the funding that he wanted in order to do the work (but what you have quoted confirms that the point of said Asset was "crowdfunding" in which case it has already served its purpose).

It was a long time ago (so I don't recall perfectly) but I think it was because @vbcs had a junior account on this forum that he wanted me to make that post (to confirm that he was the person working on AT and note that the third person mentioned actually never did any work on the Qora or Burst versions).

I didn't create that Asset (nor any other) and don't even have a clue how much was raised and who received what in terms of payments (but I am pretty certain that @vbcs created the Asset in question).

What I can say with certainty is that I received NOTHING financially (and in fact nothing much else other than stress and hassles).

(I've had enough of the Nxt "community" trying to accuse me of bullshit - I hope the same rubbish isn't about to happen here)

It is the "attack the devs" sort of mentality which is what drives them away (apart from those that are actually scammers who sucker people in and don't actually deliver shit).

Also - AT would have been live first on Qora except for the original dev left before we had got halfway through the development (so it went live first on Burst instead).

If you have a problem with @vbcs then I suggest you contact him about that (he no longer is in contact with me so I can't help you that).
xyz
Activity: 1848
Merit: 772
@CIYAM, I paid for the asset "ATFunding". Is there anything we will get in future for this investment? Or was this only the "payment" for the AT and is finished now? I think most of the Qora from this investment was sold in the last month (when the price was high) at polo from your team...

I had nothing to do with any Qora Asset (nor Burst one for that matter) so you'd have to contact others in regards to that (although my guess is that such Assets would have been most likely used for funding the development of AT prior to its release).

Seems that I misunderstood some of your messages from an older  Qora topic, for example:

Quote from: CIYAM topic=522102.9800
Just posting here to confirm that assuming the "crowdfunding" for the project is a success then the AT development team (myself, vbecas and btc2nxt) will be working along with the Qora development team to integrate AT.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
A revival is not a bad thing . A much improved features and dedicated team to help Qora.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 504
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
I hate seeing a potential project falters. The devs had laid down the framework of qora. Please just continue improving it.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Any furture development plan for Qora?

I would like to know that as well. I've seen rumors that a new wallet will be released so lets hope to be the best one yet. By the way, I have been away from QORA for the past month. Can somebody keep me up to date of what new things have come up for QORA by now? Sorry for asking, but it is hard to check up on all the posts made on this thread page after page since the last one I made.  Smiley

So you had the time to signature spam threads with 2369 posts but you don't have time to read few pages?

How much do you get paid per post btw?
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

I would like to know that as well. I've seen rumors that a new wallet will be released so lets hope to be the best one yet. By the way, I have been away from QORA for the past month. Can somebody keep me up to date of what new things have come up for QORA by now? Sorry for asking, but it is hard to check up on all the posts made on this thread page after page since the last one I made.  Smiley
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
copper member
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1348
Well, if everyone quit, don't worry, I think there's another team ready to pick up where they left off, because I myself was planning on using many things QORA had with BURST.

Regardless, this coin isn't disappearing, I can promise you that. Once BURST is done with its next releases, if it is true the QORA team decided to quit, I'll see what I can do about getting the BURST team to pick it up.

I like QORA, and I refuse to let it fail.

I'm in for the long haul. That's the beauty of QORA being open....someone drops out, another team will pick it up! Apart from recouping my initial investment of ICO, I've hodled QORA through thick and thin from 80 to 2 sat and back to 60 and now 10 sat. It's been fun to ride, we've survived through departure of the original qora dev and now second generation of devs is out. Time for third round of devs to take over and make it better than ever. Call me naive but I don't think qora will die just yet...still life in the purple Q. Smiley

Yea, that sounds soo cool. THere's room for a 3rd, then after those, a 4th, 5th, 6th and so on and so forth. Perfect!

Yes i think but that a new wallet design important is. It is for end user to much  Grin
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
my magic is growing strong[er]
Well, if everyone quit, don't worry, I think there's another team ready to pick up where they left off, because I myself was planning on using many things QORA had with BURST.

Regardless, this coin isn't disappearing, I can promise you that. Once BURST is done with its next releases, if it is true the QORA team decided to quit, I'll see what I can do about getting the BURST team to pick it up.

I'm in for the long haul. That's the beauty of QORA being open....someone drops out, another team will pick it up! Apart from recouping my initial investment of ICO, I've hodled QORA through thick and thin from 80 to 2 sat and back to 60 and now 10 sat. It's been fun to ride, we've survived through departure of the original qora dev and now second generation of devs is out. Time for third round of devs to take over and make it better than ever. Call me naive but I don't think qora will die just yet...still life in the purple Q. Smiley

Yea, that sounds soo cool. THere's room for a 3rd, then after those, a 4th, 5th, 6th and so on and so forth. Perfect!
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

legendary
@CIYAM, I paid for the asset "ATFunding". Is there anything we will get in future for this investment? Or was this only the "payment" for the AT and is finished now? I think most of the Qora from this investment was sold in the last month (when the price was high) at polo from your team...

I had nothing to do with any Qora Asset (nor Burst one for that matter) so you'd have to contact others in regards to that (although my guess is that such Assets would have been most likely used for funding the development of AT prior to its release).
xyz
Activity: 1848
Merit: 772
Any update on that Ian? Thank you

Sorry but it appears that @vbcs quit as did basically everyone else so I don't think you'll be seeing this any time soon (and maybe never on Qora).

You message was the initiator for me to sell now ALL my qora. I lost a little bit money - but that's not the most sad for me... I am very, very sad because I loved this coin. I believed in it 2 years now - but no actualized website, no roadmap, no answer for questions from the devs for month now and leaving from nearly ALL devs in the last month - all these brought me to face the situation and to sell my Qora now.

legendary
Time for some stocktaking ... I think bag holders will be happy to donate to save Qora,

From what I gather the whales refused to help at all (and this is why everyone left).

I am not certain about this of course (because I don't ask for any funds) but that is the vibe I got from various chats.

Sorry but it appears that @vbcs quit as did basically everyone else so I don't think you'll be seeing this any time soon (and maybe never on Qora).

Thank you for your reply
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

Ouch, that's more than a disappointment. Are there any devs still working on Qora? Is there anyone doing some community management?

Time for some stocktaking ... I think bag holders will be happy to donate to save Qora,
legendary

Unfortunately although we have already created (and tested) an ACCT Bitcoin script that uses CLTV the UI side of things is what really takes quite a bit of time and we don't think that releasing an unfriendly and mostly manual implementation would be appealing to virtually anyone so the work to develop decent UI (for the Bitcoin side of things) and to improve the UI on the Qora side of things will take some time.

That being said I do think we should be able to end up with something that is user friendly and that will be very robust (an estimate at this stage is a little hard but I would certainly think that you could expect to see a release by mid-year with this functionality).

it should be anytime soon  Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Jump to: