Pages:
Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 18. (Read 249395 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 2
wgd
legendary
Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005
I download a new qora wallet from the installer. unfortunately, for several hours I do not have a connection from the network. status block is 1. Can someone write some active node?
Activity: 622
Merit: 251
love coins
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
I've seen innovative coins with uglier UIs than present QUORA UI. UI should be the last thing to be focused in. Make nice mobile app and You can forget about desktop UI at all.

A good idea!
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
Wait on the UI it will be worth it for sure. No need for an exchange... bigger benefit from the UI as it is the exchange in this case.
Activity: 194
Merit: 101
I'm looking forward to Qora v2 which is currently in development.
wgd
legendary
I think that a bigger exchange is necessary at this stage. He who sells it, let him sell, and glory him for it. the one who wants to buy will buy. then the direction will be one. still does not have a website is also an important issue
Activity: 1106
Merit: 534
I've seen innovative coins with uglier UIs than present QUORA UI. UI should be the last thing to be focused in. Make nice mobile app and You can forget about desktop UI at all.

A mobile app is still kind of UI Wink but I can agree with you.
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
Activity: 1106
Merit: 534
Rushing things out won't help.
We have waited so long and waiting a little bit longer to get the things done properly is not an issue.
I'm in favor for waiting for the new UI.

Activity: 756
Merit: 268
So basically what I would  like to know from the community, do we want to await the completion of the new UI, which will make everything much easier to use, or do we want to move forward without worrying about that, and simply focusing on other aspects until we get the UI back in development and moving towards completion?

Wait for the UI to be completed, usability is a key ingredient for adoption, and qora community has shown it is patient so why rush out a release now when we've all waited for literally years so far. Get the UI sorted and then release with a big effort on marketing, so start organising that now would be my advice to the community.
Activity: 924
Merit: 556
So basically what I would  like to know from the community, do we want to await the completion of the new UI, which will make everything much easier to use, or do we want to move forward without worrying about that, and simply focusing on other aspects until we get the UI back in development and moving towards completion?

I am a long-term holder of Qora (I guess since 2015) and I tend to say we should wait until UI is done. UI is (meanwhile) an important feature to attract users and investors, and maybe new developers. I appreciate your work @crowetic, but I think you also know we need more developers mid and long-term to advance and drive the project.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0

Wait new UI -> release qora v1 -> marketing -> listing on dex -> listing on big name exchange -> price 0.5$/qora -> release qora v2 -> price 1$/qora

Are there any news from qora discord chat? here, the sale offers, is there any conflict among devs?  Sad Angry

I am beginning to worry about a bright future for qora

There is a lot of news, actually.

We have figured a way for QORA to have a TRUE DEX built atop its chain. Direct cross chain transfers with BTC and any BTC clone we choose can be done, and we're working that out now.

There is one slight thing that happened, and the UI dev seems to have gotten overwhelmed or something, so there are a couple options as far as doing either another or taking over development of the one he was doing. But I'm working that out now.

The exciting thing that I wanted to talk about was the DEX. We should have no need for an exchange, as we will be our own. We will not require any third party. We are also looking into the 0x project, to make use of their ledger they are building that will support DEX projects.

The vision I've seen for crypto overall in the future seems to be coming together. All things will have a token and all tokens will be directly tradeable with a worldwide p2p ledger. Beautiful.

The only thing holding us back right now is the new UI... so... there are a few options, one is that we can do the relaunch with the existing UI with a few other new features being the focus, then making QrowdFund into Qrowd, with a better UI, and a direct portal to BTC and LTC... the idea here is to utilize QORA only as a service token, allowing people to utilize the SmartContract crowdfund directly with BTC or LTC, not even realizing that QORA is being utilized in the back end. This can be done very easily and this is what we're doing on the back end side right now.

There is absolutely no issue with development other than the UI, which I'm finding a replacement for now, and am in communication with both a partner team, and a couple other potential new devs. One way or another we'll figure it out....

The BackEnd is GREAT, and cat is doing AMAZING work for QORA, Gen 2 is already moving along quite well, and Gen 1 is ready on the back side, and we're adding the DEX support now.
wgd
legendary
it's really good news for qora holders. I was afraid that the project was again in a quiet stagnation, and here a pleasant surprise.

bless for qora devs and holders  Cool
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
Any chance this will be on Cryptopia?

It can definitely be on crypto hub.  https://cryptohub.online

Have the database related wallet issues been fixed now? That was preventing listing (and causing delisting) in the past

What db issue?

The DB issue has been resolved for quite some time now. There is definitely no worry regarding that anymore. The back end of QORA is extremely solid, in fact we've already started a partner project utilizing this back end. We aren't talking about that project quite yet, but it's going to benefit QORA quite a lot, and the guys doing it are awesome.

As mentioned in my post above, it's literally only the UI that is causing things to be 'delayed' in any way. But we're working that out.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org
Are there any news from qora discord chat? here, the sale offers, is there any conflict among devs?  Sad Angry

There is a lot of news, actually.

We have figured a way for QORA to have a TRUE DEX built atop its chain. Direct cross chain transfers with BTC and any BTC clone we choose can be done, and we're working that out now.

There is one slight thing that happened, and the UI dev seems to have gotten overwhelmed or something, so there are a couple options as far as doing either another or taking over development of the one he was doing. But I'm working that out now.

The exciting thing that I wanted to talk about was the DEX. We should have no need for an exchange, as we will be our own. We will not require any third party. We are also looking into the 0x project, to make use of their ledger they are building that will support DEX projects.

The vision I've seen for crypto overall in the future seems to be coming together. All things will have a token and all tokens will be directly tradeable with a worldwide p2p ledger. Beautiful.

The only thing holding us back right now is the new UI... so... there are a few options, one is that we can do the relaunch with the existing UI with a few other new features being the focus, then making QrowdFund into Qrowd, with a better UI, and a direct portal to BTC and LTC... the idea here is to utilize QORA only as a service token, allowing people to utilize the SmartContract crowdfund directly with BTC or LTC, not even realizing that QORA is being utilized in the back end. This can be done very easily and this is what we're doing on the back end side right now.

There is absolutely no issue with development other than the UI, which I'm finding a replacement for now, and am in communication with both a partner team, and a couple other potential new devs. One way or another we'll figure it out....

So basically what I would  like to know from the community, do we want to await the completion of the new UI, which will make everything much easier to use, or do we want to move forward without worrying about that, and simply focusing on other aspects until we get the UI back in development and moving towards completion?

The BackEnd is GREAT, and cat is doing AMAZING work for QORA, Gen 2 is already moving along quite well, and Gen 1 is ready on the back side, and we're adding the DEX support now.
Activity: 350
Merit: 104
I contacted poloniex too, it seems they don't care, I guess the new management have no idea how all this stuff works

We should request Poloniex to accept to trade QORA again. I think that many QORA coins are still keeping in Poloniex. If Poloniex agree with this idea , Poloniex will get most trust from traders. Not only for this coin , may be including of another old & new coins.
With this idea , many old customers will come back to Poloniex and including of new customers. Finally I think that Poloniex will be the number 3 of this world by volume. ( Number 1 & 2 are Binance & OKex ).   

I don't think they will do it. I also heard about other coins trying to get back on there or reactivate the trading, but never heard that it worked out.

Thank you very much for your information. As your information it's mean that QORA is very difficult to trade at Poloniex again. Then we should consider to find another exchange trading. Example : Cryptopia etc.

That is pretty much what it means yes. The biggest problem is that they simply don't respond to any requests so you will never get an answer when you ask them whether it is possible to activate trading again. Better find another place to trade at.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10

Work is progressing on Qora v2, which has been rewritten from scratch. Right now it's complete enough to be tested with blocks fed from v1 to ensure compliance/backward compatibility.
Some aspects of Qora v2 are blocked waiting for 3rd-parties, e.g. we need BouncyCastle (a security library) devs to implement TLS v1.3 with the corresponding Ed25519/X25519 support for Qora's new networking layer.
New UI still needs a little bit more work before showtime.
Other new features are also being built and of course the "lack of exchanges" issue is being addressed.
I don't want to hype features that aren't complete but when they are I'm sure you'll all hear about it a lot!
Activity: 248
Merit: 7

Have the database related wallet issues been fixed now? That was preventing listing (and causing delisting) in the past

What db issue?
Huh
Posted just before you own post on the same page :
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.42718574

And the usual place for code :
https://github.com/Qoracoin/Qora/releases
Activity: 518
Merit: 14

What db issue?
Pages:
Jump to: