Pages:
Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 58. (Read 249434 times)

legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
Some in the last posts have mentioned a bug, flaw or problem that must be fixed before Qora can added to major exchanges (Poloniex, Bittrex ...) again. Can someone point me to it or the page in this thread where it is discussed? I would like to evaluate if this bug is really fatal (I probably cannot fix it myself, but maybe I can estimate how difficult it is to fix it). Is it related to the high memory/CPU consumption? I have noted that while starting the standard client.

Another question: Could Qora at the end be re-based on BURST code? I know the codebases are not identic, but they are using the same smart contract platform so they probably have plenty in common.
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
is qora available on any exchange?

currently trade possible only on openledger https://bitshares.openledger.info/market/QORA_OPEN.BTC

keep in mind that deposit only manual approval(sending email to [email protected])
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
is qora available on any exchange?
Activity: 212
Merit: 102
what is going on guys , please do something ,. look at BCN , it is on rocket high price , i remember when i purchase Qora BCN was lower then Qora at that time

Activity: 25
wgd
legendary
Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005
How much resources are you guys using for the qora wallet? its using 10gb of my memory lol.

Yes it is like there is too much  memory : D
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
How much resources are you guys using for the qora wallet? its using 10gb of my memory lol.
legendary
Yes, a good idea indeed, but Qora dev left so long ago now that chances are he isn't coming back, so whoever starts 'doing things' will probably get community support very quickly, it's not like the problem here is rival dev camps squabbling over what to do, the problem is if people are really doing things behind the scenes, it's not obvious to the community what those things are, and if they're getting results.

The advantage of a "Community Edition" lies in communication ... a community edition is simply another client version (with possibly additional bug fixes) for the same protocol. A new client can be done by anyone, anywhere, in any moment and would need not even planning a "takeover" because it needs no authorization nor planning. As long as it does not change consensus rules (hard or soft forks) it will be compatible with any code the old dev delivers (if he does).

A full "takeover", instead, normally does involve a lot of planning and discussions and thus is a move that requires more time.

So my advice would be: just fork the repo and someone (or a group) that is online every day or two (it's not necessary for him/her to be a software developer!) should manage it so any developer that wants to fix the bug can simply do it by providing a pull request.
wgd
legendary
People who are willing to see Qora thrive should unite together, give some proposal which we can vote for.

What about voting? Here needed financing long development and good exchange. Go to the land, no money, no perspective  Roll Eyes
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
People who are willing to see Qora thrive should unite together, give some proposal which we can vote for.
Activity: 79
Great to heart that there's confidence in most of the software and the offering. While it may seem QORA needs a simple fix, the reality is that it needs a community / team who is capable of delivering that fix. It won't happen on its own.
Sigh. I explained it in several posts, already. Help was offered. Help from a competent Java developer who actually knows his stuff, and who is familiar with the source code of the QORA client. He tried and tried, talked to Crowe, did anything humanly possible to get involved and be allowed to deploy that single fix for that bug.

It's not that anyone is waiting for it to "happen on its own". The problem is, Crowe won't let others help get it done, while everyone and his mother is trying to convince him to accept the help he's being offered since ages.

You could always fork Qora like bitcoin cash has recently done, then you don't need to worry if crowe accepts your offers of help, you can just do your own thing.

A Qora fork isn't such a bad thing, no clones of qora so far, and if crowe is indeed all talk and no action, then your fork would become 'The qora', and if crowe ends up delivering some results, so what, the world can certainly handle two crypto coins coming off the same evolutionary branch from the work of the original qora dev.

I say to those devs wanting to work on qora ... Just Do It!
Activity: 79
Instead of a full "takeover", another possibility is to start a "Community Edition" with a transaparently managed repository. There the needed fix could be applied first, without ruling out the possibility of a return of the old main developer.

This sounds like a good idea to me.

Yes, a good idea indeed, but Qora dev left so long ago now that chances are he isn't coming back, so whoever starts 'doing things' will probably get community support very quickly, it's not like the problem here is rival dev camps squabbling over what to do, the problem is if people are really doing things behind the scenes, it's not obvious to the community what those things are, and if they're getting results.

Crypto is so full of false dawns and pumps, and the true believers still following qora are battled hardened to BS now.

Whover steps up and takes the controls can drive qora as far as I'm concerned, they just need to show what they're doing, not just promises. Show a github, drop an updated client etc

If crow is the guy cool, if not then new blood by any means.
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
QORA Block Explorer

http://qora.vip

http://qorablock.com

Known Peers

Activity: 50
Instead of a full "takeover", another possibility is to start a "Community Edition" with a transaparently managed repository. There the needed fix could be applied first, without ruling out the possibility of a return of the old main developer.

This sounds like a good idea to me.
legendary

Something similar is what people did in Peercoin ("Peerunity"), and they were quite successful. Now the Peerunity developers are part of the main development team.
Activity: 643
Merit: 501
Crypto Mentat
It's not that anyone is waiting for it to "happen on its own". The problem is, Crowe won't let others help get it done, while everyone and his mother is trying to convince him to accept the help he's being offered since ages.
So you don't see any way for the community to move the project forward without Crowe on board?
The software is open source, so if help's available, can't the community ask the dev to fork the code and get on with it?

It looks like the only way to go ahead is to fork Qora and start it over leaving old dev(s) behind
Sigh. I explained it in several posts, already. Help was offered. Help from a competent Java developer who actually knows his stuff, and who is familiar with the source code of the QORA client. He tried and tried, talked to Crowe, did anything humanly possible to get involved and be allowed to deploy that single fix for that bug.

So you don't see any way for the community to move the project forward without Crowe on board?

The software is open source, so if help's available, can't the community ask the dev to fork the code and get on with it?

What needs to happen for the community to move this forward without Crowe if he's not interested (as appears to be the case in practice, despite his words)?
legendary
Activity: 2321
Merit: 1292
Encrypted Money, Baby!
Great to heart that there's confidence in most of the software and the offering. While it may seem QORA needs a simple fix, the reality is that it needs a community / team who is capable of delivering that fix. It won't happen on its own.

Is there a community? Is Qora worth reviving? If so, what steps should be taken to begin the process & by who?
Everything that's needed (at least for now) is that one freaking fix which we're being stalled upon since months. That's what makes things annoying.

Is there a community? Is Qora worth reviving? If so, what steps should be taken to begin the process & by who?
What QORA needs now is one simple fix which would resolve our current problem.

I think the community should start getting organised so that a community can form to support a team that can deliver.

I agree, time to get excited when stuff is delivered, not just promised, and I don't care who is delivering really, and will gladly pay whoever is actually doing good work for Qora.
In ALL of cryptosphere there is no other coin quite like Qora, with such obvious potential, but still hasn't achieved anything significant.
It's Time!

Good to see more enthusiasm.

Seems like this community needs a place / way to start building toward some actual results, including firstly funding developers, then working on marketing etc to get this promising technology up and running again.

I'm a nobody around here, but want to help provoke something (as I hold a few QORA from back in the day).

How should this community get organised to start working toward results, and who can / would like to play a role in that?

Would a dedicated forum be useful?
wgd
legendary
The man who has signed up dev writes that they are working on development, unfortunately promises for quora we have seen for over a year. Where are some evidence of this hard work?

@crowetic
Pages:
Jump to: