Pages:
Author

Topic: Qora | POS | Assets | Names | Polls | Automated Transactions | Social Network - page 56. (Read 249434 times)

legendary
Activity: 2321
Merit: 1292
Encrypted Money, Baby!
I am not very optimistic about that new "dev" statement, so I'm still waiting if I invest money or time in this project or not (for now, I consider Burst more interesting, although with Qora's extremely low price it could be a major opportunity. But I have seen this "dev" behavioral pattern often before...).

A new chat room on a centralized platform where everybody can open a channel in 15 minutes is not really something that I really think will bring forward Qora (or any other cryptocurrency). Neither are bots that translate one chat into another, or cloudy "ideas" about a "Qora 2.0".

No, I want to see code, bugfixes, hard facts. Until then, I remain skeptic.
I don't think the channel or the discord bridge are they news itself Wink
They were just supposed to be tools to help coordinate our efforts.

I do understand what you mean tho. But it seems that the whole idea which came up here, recently, has worked: we gathered some really good people and active, verifiable work on the client is being done.
We're currently working on what's probably most important: a working client and anything beyond that are ideas / plans for the future.

Crowe joined us and we're working together productively, which is a really good thing. He still has access to some of the old resources, which means that it becomes less likely that we'll need to release an own client, but can merge the fixes into the main repository.

Yes, I'm getting a good feeling about this. We're moving forward, finally.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
I am not very optimistic about that new "dev" statement, so I'm still waiting if I invest money or time in this project or not (for now, I consider Burst more interesting, although with Qora's extremely low price it could be a major opportunity. But I have seen this "dev" behavioral pattern often before...).

A new chat room on a centralized platform where everybody can open a channel in 15 minutes is not really something that I really think will bring forward Qora (or any other cryptocurrency). Neither are bots that translate one chat into another, or cloudy "ideas" about a "Qora 2.0".

No, I want to see code, bugfixes, hard facts. Until then, I remain skeptic.
Activity: 324
Merit: 261
There an OTC thread out for this?
Activity: 1067
Merit: 501
crowetic nice to see you again here!!

bittrex and crypotopia exchange are the right choices for new trading qora
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
How do I export private keys? So that I can have my funds on a paper wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1202
Merit: 1042
Just wanted to drop by and give a little update.

The telegram group has been merged with the Discord group I put together, and progress is being made.

We have setup a telegram-discord translation bot which will send messages back and forth from tele to discord.

we have now about 7 developers working together on this.

I will open up the Discord channel to the public here shortly once I let the moderators know it will be happening.

I have suggested quite a few ideas which I think are quite good, for both QORA as it sits now, and what I'm referring to as 'QORA 2.0'

Thanks, and apologies for not being active, I was focused on getting everything done that I said I would in the background, getting the team talking on all sides, and putting the correct people where they needed to be.

I also had a trip that I was out of town for 2 weeks on.

But I'm back, the teams are working together, and things are moving along, I'm quite excited for the future of QORA. Smiley

Next I'll be speaking with OpenLedger and getting them setup in a more automated fashion for QORA deposits and withdrawals, then once we have a solid new wallet out, which shouldn't be long now judging by the progress thus far, I will personally talk with multiple exchanges and get QORA listed.

Thanks.

nice to hear from you  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

The telegram group has been merged with the Discord group I put together, and progress is being made.

We have setup a telegram-discord translation bot which will send messages back and forth from tele to discord.

I will open up the Discord channel to the public here shortly once I let the moderators know it will be happening.

I have suggested quite a few ideas which I think are quite good, for both QORA as it sits now, and what I'm referring to as 'QORA 2.0'

Thanks, and apologies for not being active, I was focused on getting everything done that I said I would in the background, getting the team talking on all sides, and putting the correct people where they needed to be.

But I'm back, the teams are working together, and things are moving along, I'm quite excited for the future of QORA. Smiley

Next I'll be speaking with OpenLedger and getting them setup in a more automated fashion for QORA deposits and withdrawals, then once we have a solid new wallet out, which shouldn't be long now judging by the progress thus far, I will personally talk with multiple exchanges and get QORA listed.

Thanks.

Here is the link to join the Discord server.... https://discord.gg/HxWFssm

We haven't decided yet on whether to allow public access to the translation channel between tele and discord, I want to make sure the devs are okay with it before I do, so that we don't get spam interrupting their attempts to work.

But here's the server, feel free anyone, to join. Also, feel free to submit ideas for the discord channels, QORA itself, etc... I'm going to create an 'ideas' channel now.

Thanks again for your patience, and let's do this! QORA will be amazing again, I can already see it happening in my head. We have the people necessary, I have access to nearly everything we need, and can gain access to whatever else. It is happening! I know it was a bit delayed, but I'm only 1 person and I have my hands in quite a lot.

Hope to see you all in Discord soon! Smiley

edit - updated discord link, for whatever reason even though I told it not to, it expired.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1072
https://crowetic.com | https://qortal.org

Thanks.
Activity: 135
Merit: 1
Hey,

nice to have you here Smiley
I really like your ideas, especially that it doesn't need to be a full takeover. Offering a working client which is compatible with the network would involve way less difficulties — the only "problem" would be to spread the word about the new client and get users and, more importantly, exchanges to run it. But that's nothing unsolvable, imho.

I'm inclined to at least give Crowe another chance to leave a reply, but then again, I wonder what for. We'll get the usual empty promises, talk about 4 dedicated developers only for QORA (who, by the way, could have coded a whole new operating system by now if they actually existed and coded all the time since they got "employed"), ppl will get euphoric and then, guess what: nothing will happen.

I was offered to join a chatroom dedicated to QORA developers, and it initially gave me some hope, but I guess I just fell for it again.

Maybe we could set up a communications channel for all those who are interested in actively moving the project forward, so we can organize and talk things through.

You're welcome to join: https://t.me/joinchat/AUgGYEIRnFsqwOIVA3aJxg

https://t.me/projectqora

.edit: updated invite link.
.edit2: added public link

I tried several times to click on the links to join, but when I reach the page, it is quickly redirected to a page that says the address was not understood.
Is there another link I can use to join?

Activity: 194
Merit: 101
Activity: 955
Merit: 500
Selling 2 million at 10 sats!!

Is OTC currently the only option?
Activity: 46
Selling 2 million at 10 sats!!
wgd
legendary
Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005
How severe are those problems within the code and are the right devs available to sort that out?

I don't know the details (a couple of posts above are some links to related discussions but I don't see too much details there, too) but the database issue seems to have lead to exchanges delisting it. So I guess it was leading to crashes.

Regarding your second question, one of the participants of the discussion in the last three pages has stated that there was a developer interested to fix the bug, but he got no response from the "main developer". So if this developer is still here, the answer would be affirmative.

(That is why I'm opposed to such centralized development models. Cryptocurrencies must be decentrally managed or _many_ things can go wrong.)

hm, yes, then the problem was indeed not marginal if they delisted the coin. Can't the new dev just start working or does the main dev have full control over the relevant resources? I assume it's all open source, no?

Yes, only who is the new developer? crowetic and old and new, progress as it was not so no. Unfortunately qora is still stuck in the air  Roll Eyes
How severe are those problems within the code and are the right devs available to sort that out?

I don't know the details (a couple of posts above are some links to related discussions but I don't see too much details there, too) but the database issue seems to have lead to exchanges delisting it. So I guess it was leading to crashes.

Regarding your second question, one of the participants of the discussion in the last three pages has stated that there was a developer interested to fix the bug, but he got no response from the "main developer". So if this developer is still here, the answer would be affirmative.

(That is why I'm opposed to such centralized development models. Cryptocurrencies must be decentrally managed or _many_ things can go wrong.)

hm, yes, then the problem was indeed not marginal if they delisted the coin. Can't the new dev just start working or does the main dev have full control over the relevant resources? I assume it's all open source, no?
Activity: 363
Merit: 250

Anyone tried contacting Vrontis?
Activity: 25
selling around 6M QORA @ 4 sats!
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist

It's not about believing, it's about doing. If the Qora community as a whole can fix the flaws in its code, then it can succeed. If not, then not.

A point in favour of Qora is that it should be an attractive option for "dead coin collectors" because it at least has some unique selling points. If a dead coin collector with some programming skills is found, then the future should be bright (at least, compared to now Grin).

This looks like an interesting idea:

Would'nt it be possible with smart contracts for example to set one or several bounties that would be only paid if someone gets the job done ?

And as far as I can evaluate the AT mechanism (without being a coder myself) that should be possible to do. The problem would only be to prove "that the bug is fixed". So there must be a possibility to vote for the "bounty donators", and that would require some trust in them because they could collude to "never pay the bounty to nobody".

Activity: 50
Why is the QORA price in the thousands of satoshis range?

This is because each unit of the asset being traded represents 1000 Qora.
Activity: 596
i see dev last login in ,March 30, 2017, 06:09:42 AM ,a long long time ago , did dev come back again . Qora community need you!
Pages:
Jump to: