Pages:
Author

Topic: Qt Bitcoin Trader [Open Source secure trading client for Mac/Windows/Linux] - page 19. (Read 383297 times)

legendary
Activity: 1035
Merit: 1065
Qt Bitcoin Trader v1.1 Released!

New floating interface with workspaces
Charts
Internal NTP client
Added new exchange bitmarket.pl
Fixed minor bugs
Qt4 is no longer supported
New script engine delayed and will come in next updates

Download: https://centrabit.com/?m0prm=6
legendary
I was looking at the programming built into QT bitcoin and making a sheet that helps me bring into focus my program. But I see that the way things are labeled don't appear to make much sense.

Example:

Full Size Link: https://i.imgur.com/aFfu6Ne.png

Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
I was looking at the programming built into QT bitcoin and making a sheet that helps me bring into focus my program. But I see that the way things are labeled don't appear to make much sense.

Example:

Full Size Link: https://i.imgur.com/aFfu6Ne.png
Activity: 762
Merit: 500
Can I run this on Cent-OS?
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Please fix QT for Bitfinex api (on Win)
Buttons "all in", "half in" won't work at all. Also if you press BUY and confirm your order - nothing happens...
Activity: 981
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
Anyone know a way I can get 'AsksPrice' by USD volume, when trading BTC/USD?

I'm familiar with the function trader.get("AsksPrice",volume), but this requires me knowing the volume in BTC. How do I convert to USD?

In short, I'm trying to create a function that will establish the lowest price in the order book that I can execute a market buy based on my current USD balance.

I can't do:-

Code:
var myUSD = trader.get("Balance","USD");
var price = trader.get("AsksPrice",myUSD);

and neither can I do:-

Code:
var price = trader.get("AsksPrice",myUSD/price);

Any help would be appreciated!

try this:
Code:
var price = trader.get("AskPrice");
var myVolume = trader.get("Balance","USD") /price;
price = trader.get("AsksPrice", myVolume);

Most software doesn't handle math inside function calls. Doing all the math for it in advance helps a lot. The one problem I see with my suggestion is You need a starting price. Now you won't know for sure that the price of the current ask is the price the bot would settle on. If the price change where too high it could cause some error in the actual volume. This should be fairly small I would think but if it turns out to be non-negligible you might want to rerun the last two lines again. Like this.

Code:
var price = trader.get("AskPrice");
var myVolume = trader.get("Balance","USD") /price;
myVolume = trader.get("Balance","USD") /price;

This would find a price that should support your balance then use that price to try again. It should reduce the error amount but will not entirely eliminate it as the volume is based on price and as the price changes so will the volume. For small enough amounts the first should work perfectly. For large enough amounts there would likely need to be either an acceptable error rate or one could adjust the initial volume by some amount to make sure that the final price would definitely have the volume to cover it.

EDIT: After sleeping on this problem I can conclude that the worry I had about errors should be more or less a non-issue. As the price goes up the volume would actually be decreasing. The first example should work without issues. If it does not could you let everyone know? I may have another way to solve it if none of the above works for you.
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
Anyone know a way I can get 'AsksPrice' by USD volume, when trading BTC/USD?

I'm familiar with the function trader.get("AsksPrice",volume), but this requires me knowing the volume in BTC. How do I convert to USD?

In short, I'm trying to create a function that will establish the lowest price in the order book that I can execute a market buy based on my current USD balance.

I can't do:-

Code:
var price = trader.get("AsksPrice",myUSD);

and neither can I do:-

Code:
var price = trader.get("AsksPrice",myUSD/price);

Any help would be appreciated!
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Activity: 265
Merit: 250
Greetings, First thank you for the open source software.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but has anyone been successful adding new exchanges to Qt Trader? I would like to customize the software to connect to some new exchange APIs.

Thanks for the reply.
legendary
I can't explain this newer issue I am having. Computer is windows 7 64bit 4gb ram.

The User Interface disappears after a few days usually just after I turn on the TV that I use in place of a monitor.
I can find the process for QT-Trader in the processes tabs on the windows 7 performance monitor. Sadly task manager seems to lock up after a while and requires a restart to work again. So I have not double checked that task manager shows the relevant process. I can taskkill /IM QtBitcoinTrader.exe or taskkill /IM QtBitcoinTrader.exe /f (to force close all instances) the process.

The processor load might be lower with no UI. This could maybe evolve into a feature. I'm not sure if it would help anyone but it could be handy I guess. I think, but have no proof, that the application has not traded in this condition.

Hopefully you are doing well.

Looks like it update checking instance. I'll check out possible problems.
I can't explain this newer issue I am having. Computer is windows 7 64bit 4gb ram.

The User Interface disappears after a few days usually just after I turn on the TV that I use in place of a monitor.
I can find the process for QT-Trader in the processes tabs on the windows 7 performance monitor. Sadly task manager seems to lock up after a while and requires a restart to work again. So I have not double checked that task manager shows the relevant process. I can taskkill /IM QtBitcoinTrader.exe or taskkill /IM QtBitcoinTrader.exe /f (to force close all instances) the process.

The processor load might be lower with no UI. This could maybe evolve into a feature. I'm not sure if it would help anyone but it could be handy I guess. I think, but have no proof, that the application has not traded in this condition.

Hopefully you are doing well.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Hello,

What is the code for a trailing stop?

Thanks
Activity: 1582
Merit: 502
IGHOR,
this looks like an extremely useful piece of software.

Thanks!

Can you please update your demo video as it still show a demo with MtGox?
This one: https://centrabit.com/?m0prm=7&showItem=24
Activity: 3
Hi Ighor,

last entry here is from 23-03-2015 and the help and manual for rules and script encoding at centrabit has gone.
Where can I find them now? Or, is there a great update coming and everything gets new?
Is this the calm before the storm?  Undecided

Greetz Aknot
Hi Ighor
I'm have had crashes 2 days in a row with 1.08.03. I'm not sure why but the last crash was less then 24 hours. I'm going to restart with logging enabled hopefully there is something in the log that would indicate a problem. This is on 2 instances on Windows 7 64 bit. My one instance on a raspberry Pi with arch Linux seems unaffected. Hopefully the log can help. Sadly also hopefully the logging is done fairly quickly as the log is going to get big fairly quickly on a daily basis.

The first crash took at least 2 weeks to happen. I'm not sure why I have had 2 in 24 hours when the first took so long.

Hi. Look at Windows Event Log and send me error report.
Ok I sent the logs but they are large.

One thing I did notice was that I was having other troubles on the windows 7 64 bit pc. I couldn't download much of anything about the time I gave up on the bot. I couldn't reliably view webpages etc. I think the problem may have been an underlying PC issue as far as data problems went. I'm not sure that finding out why it crashed is a bad idea. It wouldn't be good if someones router restarted or their connection went out for a short while and the bot crashed. That having been said since Linux on raspberry pi had no troubles with it I am going to assume it was at least half a windows issue.
Activity: 42
legendary
Activity: 1258
Merit: 1027
Just installed on Mac, great piece of software. Thanks!
legendary
Hi Ighor
I'm have had crashes 2 days in a row with 1.08.03. I'm not sure why but the last crash was less then 24 hours. I'm going to restart with logging enabled hopefully there is something in the log that would indicate a problem. This is on 2 instances on Windows 7 64 bit. My one instance on a raspberry Pi with arch Linux seems unaffected. Hopefully the log can help. Sadly also hopefully the logging is done fairly quickly as the log is going to get big fairly quickly on a daily basis.

The first crash took at least 2 weeks to happen. I'm not sure why I have had 2 in 24 hours when the first took so long.

Hi. Look at Windows Event Log and send me error report.
Hi Ighor

EDIT: I didn't think to look at the Windows log. Thank You. I did forget to mention The trader is running on BTC-e. Don't know if it helps hurts or doesn't matter but I should have included the exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Very cool, thanks for this, hope you add more exchanges!
Pages:
Jump to: