Pages:
Author

Topic: Quickseller escrowing for himself - page 12. (Read 33609 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
September 09, 2015, 06:22:22 PM
And Tomatocage has done the same and he even left a good rating on his other alt account when the trade happened, he should get a negative trust rating aswell.

edit: i see he actually got a neg trust rating and wardrick decided to give him a positive trust rating, pretty suspicious.

Where did I do the same thing? And no, Wardrick is a totally separate person. In fact I think I may have him excluded in my Trust list.

I think "the same thing" was in reference to you escrowing for yourself. You did that, right? Why not use another escrow? Saving on fees?

Believe he answered that earlier in the thread.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
September 09, 2015, 06:15:36 PM
And Tomatocage has done the same and he even left a good rating on his other alt account when the trade happened, he should get a negative trust rating aswell.

edit: i see he actually got a neg trust rating and wardrick decided to give him a positive trust rating, pretty suspicious.

Where did I do the same thing? And no, Wardrick is a totally separate person. In fact I think I may have him excluded in my Trust list.

I think "the same thing" was in reference to you escrowing for yourself. You did that, right? Why not use another escrow? Saving on fees?
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
September 09, 2015, 06:09:33 PM

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
September 09, 2015, 05:32:45 PM
Wardrick looking very suspicious, I bet you it's one of tomatocage alt accounts
Activity: 952
Merit: 516
September 09, 2015, 05:21:59 PM
This thread really proves that none can be trusted. Dint get still why QS has to lie about it and escrow his own deal using an alt. He lost all his reputation in seconds and on top he charged his escrow fee too? Is it all the facts he has been stating about an escrow ensures safety and people should trust it flushed out completely? I'm speechless.

It's better if he discards his thread in the Currency Exchange section. Makes no sense now "Trade with caution: Use Escrow".

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094
September 09, 2015, 04:18:13 PM
This thread really proves that none can be trusted. Dint get still why QS has to lie about it and escrow his own deal using an alt. He lost all his reputation in seconds and on top he charged his escrow fee too? Is it all the facts he has been stating about an escrow ensures safety and people should trust it flushed out completely? I'm speechless.

It's better if he discards his thread in the Currency Exchange section. Makes no sense now "Trade with caution: Use Escrow".

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042
#Free market
September 09, 2015, 03:35:30 PM
No matter which way you cut it escrowing your own transaction is deceitful, illegal, and compromises the safety of the other party. This entire situation has shown that anonymous escrows should not be used. Human escrow is fine if someone has great reputation AND their identity is known.

I have learned that anyone who is completely anonymous when doing business usually has bad intentions (if not always), they know at some point they are going to commit a crime so they never let other traders know their name. I have been burned multiple times by completely anonymous people on the internet, never by someone who let their identity be known.

That just shows you haven't been on the internet long enough  Grin

Karpeles or Garza for example. The latter had an interesting view on escrow as well:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10122712

I don't get why QS and TC didn't use another escrow for their alt's trading. Penny wise pound foolish?

You should ask to them (privately or better publicly).
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
September 09, 2015, 03:31:05 PM
No matter which way you cut it escrowing your own transaction is deceitful, illegal, and compromises the safety of the other party. This entire situation has shown that anonymous escrows should not be used. Human escrow is fine if someone has great reputation AND their identity is known.

I have learned that anyone who is completely anonymous when doing business usually has bad intentions (if not always), they know at some point they are going to commit a crime so they never let other traders know their name. I have been burned multiple times by completely anonymous people on the internet, never by someone who let their identity be known.

That just shows you haven't been on the internet long enough  Grin

Karpeles or Garza for example. The latter had an interesting view on escrow as well:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10122712

I don't get why QS and TC didn't use another escrow for their alt's trading. Penny wise pound foolish?
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
September 09, 2015, 02:44:23 PM
Fundamentally there is no issue with escrowing someone's own trade. When someone gets an escrow, they are paying for a guarantee (upheld based on someone's reputation) that they won't be scammed. Escrowing your own trade's while not disclosing that *could* be perceived as shady, but it's actually not in reality. Reputable sellers often can sell for a price premium, which is partially based on the fees saved from not having to escrow. The buyer just paid for this "reputation premium" through escrow fees instead.

As for the original post in this thread, the data modelling is completely worthless as it has clearly been contaminated with confirmation bias. OP is a scammer and he should have a negative trust rating.

As for Quickseller faking a ban... meh. I would not say xyr's a scammer or deserve negative feedback because of it, but it's understandable why certain people like BadBear would no longer hold xyr into his DefaultTrust list.

TradeFortress, instructing bitcointalk in what not to do in bitcoin business since 2013.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
In math we trust.
September 09, 2015, 01:10:13 PM
Yes, under very situational conditions, escrowing for oneself is ok (though this is really just a deal where the counterparty sends first),...
Right, but if the counterparty doesn't know that they're sending first (because they think they're sending to a neutral, third-party) then that seems like a pretty dishonest move.  If you're collecting an escrow fee from that counterparty then it's all the more shady.  Just my opinion.
Did Quickseller collect an escorw fee from that counterparty?
If so, that indeed is very shady. In that case, he deserves red trust.
It would be a steal, as the escrow service is fictional.

Once again, I am deeply disappointed at how immoral people here are.  Sad
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 09, 2015, 01:07:40 PM

Yes, under very situational conditions, escrowing for oneself is ok (though this is really just a deal where the counterparty sends first), and I believe that QS would qualify for those conditions.

no
 - QS took escow fee (even though he is now willing to send it back)
 - in case of QS other party did NEVER know it was dealing with the same person

it is essentially lying. look up the word escrow in any dictionary and it states THIRD PARTY.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
September 09, 2015, 01:02:05 PM
Yes, under very situational conditions, escrowing for oneself is ok (though this is really just a deal where the counterparty sends first),...
Right, but if the counterparty doesn't know that they're sending first (because they think they're sending to a neutral, third-party) then that seems like a pretty dishonest move.  If you're collecting an escrow fee from that counterparty then it's all the more shady.  Just my opinion.
legendary
September 09, 2015, 12:50:01 PM
TC is a nice guy and A+ escrow
(5btc risked, months ago, buying graphic cards)

What happened?

Nothing has changed. It's just that a situation came up where it appears that I was escrowing for myself (see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12363857) using a different account. There's some back story to it, and if you listen to me tell it again, you'd probably go, "Riiiiiiight."

dont forget to tell that you still think that escrowing for yourself is fine!
i still hope you change your mind on that matter though...

even if i dont think you ever did escrow for yourself IMHO its unacceptable for someone on default trust to say that.

Yes, under very situational conditions, escrowing for oneself is ok (though this is really just a deal where the counterparty sends first), and I believe that QS would qualify for those conditions. Granted, the other 99.999% of the time setting up a fake "3rd" party escrow is clearly a scam. What happens is that funds are sent to escrow agent, who also happens to be controlled by the buyer. Once the goods are sent by the seller, the buyer and escrow disappear, never to be heard from again. However, this doesn't appear to be the case with QS.

That being said, I wouldn't expect anybody to understand the reasoning behind my opinion on the matter. I certainly hope nobody would find themselves in a position where they would understand either.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 09, 2015, 12:38:17 PM

What happened?

Nothing has changed. It's just that a situation came up where it appears that I was escrowing for myself (see https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12363857) using a different account. There's some back story to it, and if you listen to me tell it again, you'd probably go, "Riiiiiiight."

dont forget to tell that you still think that escrowing for yourself is fine!
i still hope you change your mind on that matter though...

even if i dont think you ever did escrow for yourself IMHO its unacceptable for someone on default trust to say that.
legendary
September 09, 2015, 12:17:51 PM

What happened?

Activity: 818
Merit: 1003
September 09, 2015, 11:53:01 AM
Strange see QS and TF defending each other, at the point of QS being damaged by losing is green trus, being taken off of default trust and having his escrow closed in practice.

Some people would suspect that QS and TF are somehow related
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
September 09, 2015, 09:35:32 AM
Things just got interesting. ...

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520
September 09, 2015, 08:57:23 AM
Fundamentally there is no issue with escrowing someone's own trade. When someone gets an escrow, they are paying for a guarantee (upheld based on someone's reputation) that they won't be scammed. Escrowing your own trade's while not disclosing that *could* be perceived as shady, but it's actually not in reality. Reputable sellers often can sell for a price premium, which is partially based on the fees saved from not having to escrow. The buyer just paid for this "reputation premium" through escrow fees instead.

As for the original post in this thread, the data modelling is completely worthless as it has clearly been contaminated with confirmation bias. OP is a scammer and he should have a negative trust rating.

As for Quickseller faking a ban... meh. I would not say xyr's a scammer or deserve negative feedback because of it, but it's understandable why certain people like BadBear would no longer hold xyr into his DefaultTrust list.
things just got interesting time for some popcorn, i know it's been 2+years but how's that stack of 5000 btc you stole can we see a pic of how you spent it, really i'm curious, or did you blow it all on cocaine and hookers?  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
September 09, 2015, 08:43:29 AM
Fundamentally there is no issue with escrowing someone's own trade.

Oh really?
What else don't you Fundamentally have issues with?
Stealing?
Blackmail?
Lying?

With friends like you, QS doesn't need enemies.
GTFO.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
September 09, 2015, 08:25:09 AM
I would be interested to hear more about the confirmation bias you speak of.

Not that it matters since QS rightfully fessed up.
Pages:
Jump to: