Pages:
Author

Topic: Quickseller escrowing for himself - page 13. (Read 33609 times)

vip
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042
👻
September 09, 2015, 06:57:29 AM
Fundamentally there is no issue with escrowing someone's own trade. When someone gets an escrow, they are paying for a guarantee (upheld based on someone's reputation) that they won't be scammed. Escrowing your own trade's while not disclosing that *could* be perceived as shady, but it's actually not in reality. Reputable sellers often can sell for a price premium, which is partially based on the fees saved from not having to escrow. The buyer just paid for this "reputation premium" through escrow fees instead.

As for the original post in this thread, the data modelling is completely worthless as it has clearly been contaminated with confirmation bias. OP is a scammer and he should have a negative trust rating.

As for Quickseller faking a ban... meh. I would not say xyr's a scammer or deserve negative feedback because of it, but it's understandable why certain people like BadBear would no longer hold xyr into his DefaultTrust list.
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
September 09, 2015, 03:15:51 AM
lol no I just do it for the cost of the Tx.

In other words the seller pays for it?

Hey man... I'm all for making moves and bending shit, but god damn that seems shitty.

Esp when you spend as much time busting peoples nuts as you used to until QS came along.
It does not matter who pays for the escrow. A financially rational person will care about how much money leaves their wallet (or how much money goes into their wallet). They will not care that a portion of the money from/to the other party goes to an escrow service.

so isnt it like buying positive feedback and/or stealing extra bucks from the person who used you as escrow and trusted you with their money thinking you are a "third party"?
No. If I am buying a widget from you it does not matter if you are selling it for $101 and you cover the escrow fee, or if you are selling it for $100, but I cover the escrow fee. Either way you receive the same $100.

Furthermore, you are additional comfortable with the transaction because you know the escrow is going to stake their reputation on the outcome being fair, so even if they are biased in any dispute, an unfair resolution to an escrowed deal means that their reputation will suffer. 

Come on now, you could just have used your main account from the start to do the transaction instead of using an alt account and then this one for escrowing, i dont see the point other than trying to make your other accout more trusted
No. There are plenty of reasons. One would be that you are buying something that requires shipment to a physical address and do not want someone who may turn out to be out to get you to have your name/address. A second reason is that some people may feel uncomfortable trading with a scam hunter, even if they can trust their money with such scam hunter.....There are many people (I suspect they are most likely alts of scammers, however I have no evidence of this) who like to spread FUD that if they trade with me that I will automatically "mark their account with red trust for no reason" or will "dox them for no reason", even though both of these statement are untrue and ridiculous. As a result of this some people may feel more comfortable trading with a trading partner of someone who is not a scam hunter, and then using an escrow who is a scam hunter (and reputable).

A third reason may be that I am wanting to sell an item at a price that is meant to move quickly (eg I need money quickly), and I do not wish to disclose my immediate need for money. I do not think it would be unreasonable to use an alt to hide this fact. This has never been the case for me personally, however I am trying to list legitimate reasons.
Activity: 952
Merit: 516
September 09, 2015, 03:05:59 AM

Hey man... I'm all for making moves and bending shit, but god damn that seems shitty.

Esp when you spend as much time busting peoples nuts as you used to until QS came along.
It does not matter who pays for the escrow. A financially rational person will care about how much money leaves their wallet (or how much money goes into their wallet). They will not care that a portion of the money from/to the other party goes to an escrow service.

so isnt it like buying positive feedback and/or stealing extra bucks from the person who used you as escrow and trusted you with their money thinking you are a "third party"?
No. If I am buying a widget from you it does not matter if you are selling it for $101 and you cover the escrow fee, or if you are selling it for $100, but I cover the escrow fee. Either way you receive the same $100.

Furthermore, you are additional comfortable with the transaction because you know the escrow is going to stake their reputation on the outcome being fair, so even if they are biased in any dispute, an unfair resolution to an escrowed deal means that their reputation will suffer. 

Come on now, you could just have used your main account from the start to do the transaction instead of using an alt account and then this one for escrowing, i dont see the point other than trying to make your other accout more trusted
copper member
September 09, 2015, 02:55:03 AM

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
give me your cryptos
September 09, 2015, 02:46:55 AM

copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔
September 09, 2015, 02:03:15 AM
Lying about being banned and not doing escrow how it's supposed to be done (with a neutral third party) is shady at best and I've left a negative accordingly. I trust(ed) you QS and I don't mind (too much) if people have alt accounts, but stuff like this I just can't accept. I might change my rating to a neutral in the future, but for now it will stay as it is.

The stuff about TC is something I'll have to read into. I'm not done yet.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
It's Not Enough
September 09, 2015, 01:59:52 AM
TC is a nice guy and A+ escrow
(5btc risked, months ago, buying graphic cards)

What happened?

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
September 09, 2015, 01:23:32 AM
Not the response I was expecting..

Even if your story is believable ( Roll Eyes), you are still controlling all parts of the trade in terms of extraKrispy's side and escrow side. The middleman is supposed to be a third party. You may have been doing it on his behalf, but you are still in control of the coins and trade.

Not that I really care, but just out of curiosity, what were you expecting?

If you didn't care you wouldnt reply  Grin Grin

I was expecting you to be straight up and say it was an alt of yours that you were using for trade. You gave positive trust so that it would be easier to trade and the other person would send first. That's a logical response. When I look through the profile I see high volume trades which a personal in financial trouble who was living with you, probably wouldn't be doing. Again, I think you are trustworthy and a valuable member of this community. I just don't like seeing double standards as I think QS has done a good job combating scams as well.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
September 09, 2015, 01:00:13 AM
Okay, this is just mind blowing me on another level.

Since if a reputable huge escrow is not no longer a reasonable solution to me, then who is?

Stick to IRL cod deals mate.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
September 09, 2015, 12:56:12 AM
Okay, this is just mind blowing me on another level.

Since if a reputable huge escrow is not no longer a reasonable solution to me, then who is?

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
September 09, 2015, 12:33:23 AM

Right, especially when you're the escrow service that the other person is blithely paying into.  I think I can see how your philosophy works and I'm pretty sure it explains a lot about your character traits we've observed.

Lol 5 DT positive feedback so far...soon you gonna have more trust than me at this rate  Cool Lets see how high we can bump his score.

I agree he probably should not have been negative, but I do not agree with all the given trust to offset it. The Dooglus loan + use of positive trusts etc... To me that is not how I view the trust system to be used. Anyways I am glad it is finally resolved.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
September 09, 2015, 12:30:49 AM

That was supposed to be a joke Smiley And I'm not bending shit, merely escrowing for a friend (and I believe you have some experience in that area as well). I'll PM you with more details.

And as expected:

SOLD Accepting Western Union or Walmart2Walmart money transfer. I'll pay any escrow fees.

https://blockchain.info/address/1P5PZNLjYbq3EahyYhJcNXAXERaS8GTcTT

I'm going to sleep on it for tonight.  I'll respond to your PM tomorrow.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
September 09, 2015, 12:14:40 AM

Right, especially when you're the escrow service that the other person is blithely paying into.  I think I can see how your philosophy works and I'm pretty sure it explains a lot about your character traits we've observed.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
September 08, 2015, 11:57:37 PM

Such a straw man argument. If escrow isn't held by a third party it's not escrow.

You should stop washing your opinion over any arguement posed towards your actions. Sometimes there's a need to accept mistakes you know. Just the fact that something was justified in your eyes doesn't mean it should be right for everyone.
copper member
September 08, 2015, 11:44:45 PM

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
September 08, 2015, 11:30:04 PM

That was supposed to be a joke Smiley And I'm not bending shit, merely escrowing for a friend (and I believe you have some experience in that area as well). I'll PM you with more details.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
give me your cryptos
September 08, 2015, 11:22:37 PM
no offense but since Tomatocage and Quickseller abuses the trust system giving their alt accounts positive feedback when using their main account as escrow, should them be still in the default trust list? i think their doing things like that to sell the account in much higher price and will use their main account again for additional escrow fees
legendary
September 08, 2015, 11:21:35 PM

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
September 08, 2015, 11:14:48 PM
legendary
September 08, 2015, 11:13:01 PM

Or how about this one:

I actually created this account as an alt of my main so I could talk shit to other people without tarnishing the rep of my primary account.

Do you offer your 1% escrow service for your main alt too?  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: