Pages:
Author

Topic: Quickseller escrowing for himself - page 16. (Read 33609 times)

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
September 08, 2015, 08:42:09 PM
Looks like BayAreaCoins left QS deserved negative trust.

QS has posted that leaving him negative trust (BayAreaCoins) will get you removed from Default Trust.

Let's see what happens.

I would not be surprised honestly.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
September 08, 2015, 08:42:02 PM
Requested a refund from Quickseller and received it almost instantly with no complaints from him at all. Very trusted user in my book. Will definitely be dealing with him in the future. Definitely. Very cool guy. Doesn't deserve to be treated like he's trying to scam. That is most definitely not the case.

QS lied and he should be giving refunds to everyone he scammed without them having to ask.
Kindly point to the post in which I said this.

Where you said what?  
Where I said that I was going to give refunds to everyone.

You drinking again?  Where did I claim you said you were giving refunds?   Huh  You posting on the correct alt?

Hi, Vod! Thanks for your reply. I do understand where you are coming from however my experiences with Quickseller regardless of how negatively it may be viewed have been nothing but positive. Despite what he has done I still consider him trustworthy. He has earned this in my eyes through my dealings with him as an "escrow" and since it was his "alt" I dealt with, then fine. All of my deals which there were 3 with both hims went smoothly, so I trust him. That is all I have to say. This is too big a mess for me. I'm just a guy that's had good dealings with him. That's all. Thanks!
copper member
September 08, 2015, 08:41:25 PM

QS lied and he should be giving refunds to everyone he scammed without them having to ask.
No. Where did I say this?

Where did you say what

Edit:  Ah, I see your deleting your old posts here.  Trying to make me look a loon posting to myself.   Undecided
Nope. And you can ask BadBear this. (although I did delete one recent post when I had responded to something that I read incorrectly)

This is the first time I had asked BadBear of anything regarding this thread, so if someone had claimed that I said to ask him something they were lying.

Yes, you are deleting posts and we don't need Badbear to prove it.  Simply click on my (second) quote link above to see it goes no where.  You lie a lot dude.
Oh that is because I reread your post, and saw that I was responding as if you had said something other then what you actually posted. Although as I mentioned above, I did delete one post Wink
Activity: 266
September 08, 2015, 08:41:19 PM

QS has said that anyone who leaves him negative trust (BayAreaCoins) will be removed from Default Trust.

Let's see what happens.
I under stand this but look on tomatocage's profile, he also left (undeserved) negative trust there which i think should be retracted quickly

If they take bayareacoins off the list it will show just how partial this forum is
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 08, 2015, 08:38:32 PM
I'm thinking out loud here, but does the escrow necessarily need to be a third party?

Yes, an escrow should be a third party.

If you wanted to trade with a high ranking member for the security/trust/privilege it provides, trade with them directly.  Why pretend to have a third party?
Vod
legendary
September 08, 2015, 08:36:24 PM

Where did you say what?  

Edit:  Ah, I see your deleting your old posts here.  Trying to make me look a loon posting to myself.  Undecided
Nope. And you can ask BadBear this. (although I did delete one recent post when I had responded to something that I read incorrectly)

This is the first time I had asked BadBear of anything regarding this thread, so if someone had claimed that I said to ask him something they were lying.

Yes, you are deleting posts and we don't need Badbear to prove it.  Simply click on my (second) quote link above to see it goes no where.  You lie a lot dude.
Vod
legendary
September 08, 2015, 08:33:59 PM

QS has posted that leaving him negative trust (BayAreaCoins) will get you removed from Default Trust.

Let's see what happens.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
September 08, 2015, 08:33:49 PM
did you at any time escrow for yourself yes or no?
if no i'd remove my neg-rate. i trust you enough to be honest about that.

I don't sell coins, so no. Though if you wanted to make anything from it, I have released escrow using one of my exchange accounts since I don't always have access to my escrow box, and then simply pocketed the funds held in the actual escrow address.

removed, sorry for the misunderstanding then...
everybody is allowed to make mistakes (eg forget to logout)
You believed that over my explanation Huh

your explanation was that you dont want anybody to know your real address?
this is not an explanation... it is an excuse...you could just have just another escrow which is completely unrelated to any of your alts?
You really are not very smart.....How do you know that Panthers52 is not a co-worker of mine who needed a couch to sleep on for a few days, and wanted to buy some coins, and trusted me enough to hold escrow for him? How do you know that I didn't sometimes let him use my computer to access the forum, and that he might have sometimes left his account logged in, and I might have accidentally posted from that account sometimes with my own posting style?

I watched you come up and down Quickseller, time for me to lay my two cents down.  

You're either really incompetent or pretending to be so. To ask such questions, you must have no grasp over the most basic concept of trust.  

TC, is a very established member of this community. He has completed many deals, with physical and non physical items. Handled huge sums of money responsibly, never stole, never tricked somebody. Never caused any major trouble, near zero controversial actions. And he's been doing all that consistently since 2011.  

Whilst you, made this account in 2014. Started out as an account seller. Seemingly started gathering trust out of the blue. At some point, two people from default trust start having you in their trust list (that way putting you in default trust as well). People start complaining about unjustified negative trust comments from you. People made posts about you trying to solve your personal conflicts by taking advantage of the trust hierarchy that naturally benefited you. Now it's been proven that you tried to deceive people you deal with by escrowing for yourself. This way nullifying the sole purpose of your offered service. You tried to deceive people and make admins look bad by faking a ban. But you never backed down. Like a whiny teenager, you kept mashing that keyboard. You went into sleepless nights trying to defend your actions with faulty reasoning. And while an entire forum had turned against you, you were somehow added to default trust once more. I sincerely hope this is the last time you have to be removed from it.  

And to answer your question: He knows that Tomatocage is not lying because he trusts him.
Activity: 252
September 08, 2015, 08:33:22 PM
ooh, ooh, pick me.  I know this one.

It's that when you pay an escrow, you're paying for a neutral, third party.  

I'm thinking out loud here, but does escrow the necessarily need to be a third party?

What if I want to trade with a higher trust alt of the person instead? I would imagine that people would pay extra for that privilege.

Even if you do use a third party that is a different physical person that person could still collude with the other person and scam you.

The problem is that the seller and escrow must not collude.

Does it really make a difference if they are the same person? it might increase the risk they collude but even that is kind of hard to say.

IMHO if the escrow is honest and tells beforehand it is fine.
otherwise it is deceiving and kind of a lie.

btw definition of the word escrow: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow or http://www.investopedia.com/terms/e/escrow.asp or http://www.thefreedictionary.com/escrow
all say THIRD PARTY

so if it isnt a third party you are a liar
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
September 08, 2015, 08:33:05 PM
Requested a refund from Quickseller and received it almost instantly with no complaints from him at all. Very trusted user in my book. Will definitely be dealing with him in the future. Definitely. Very cool guy. Doesn't deserve to be treated like he's trying to scam. That is most definitely not the case.

Where you said what? 
I am the only one who sees the irony in the fact that one of the biggest trolls son bitcointalk.org who is more then clearly a scammer, who has been trying to make the scam prevention portion of the trust system worthless has managed to get two of the people who prevent the majority of the scams to be labeled as scammers.

It seems that tsp has succeeded in making it exceedingly easy to scam around here

@Quickseller/Panther52:  Sockpuppetry is far less effective on the same thread where your alts are outed!
copper member
September 08, 2015, 08:32:59 PM

Where did you say what?  

Edit:  Ah, I see your deleting your old posts here.  Trying to make me look a loon posting to myself.  Undecided

copper member
September 08, 2015, 08:31:27 PM

Where you said what? 

You drinking again?  Where did I claim you said you were giving refunds?   Huh  You posting on the correct alt?
You should look into how efficient markets work. You clearly do not have a clear understanding of how a rational person will act when trying to price a deal.
Vod
legendary
September 08, 2015, 08:30:01 PM

Where did you say what?  

Edit:  Ah, I see your deleting your old posts here.  Trying to make me look a loon posting to myself.   Undecided
Activity: 882
Merit: 1005
September 08, 2015, 08:29:52 PM
ooh, ooh, pick me.  I know this one.

It's that when you pay an escrow, you're paying for a neutral, third party.  

I'm thinking out loud here, but does the escrow necessarily need to be a third party?

What if I want to trade with a higher trust alt of the person instead? I would imagine that people would pay extra for that privilege.

Even if you do use a third party that is a different physical person that person could still collude with the other person and scam you.

The problem is that the seller and escrow must not collude.

Does it really make a difference if they are the same person? it might increase the risk they collude but even that is kind of hard to say.
Vod
legendary
September 08, 2015, 08:28:01 PM

Where you said what?  

You drinking again?  Where did I claim you said you were giving refunds?   Huh  You posting on the correct alt?
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
September 08, 2015, 08:27:19 PM
Thanks for the insight doog.

Shouldn't you be busy laundering money somewhere or using your various alts shilling against scrypt.cc?

LMFAO. I actually feel quite honored, in a very stupid way, just like you are I guess, since we all know your a special kinda kid. Good try though. Give it up, you'll never get it. Your reputation is shot. Pick up the pieces and move on like you have done to so many others before you. You are a disgrace to even accuse the almighty dooglus of being me. Idiot!

Edit. TSP is not this weeks scammer. You are, special kid.  Wink
Vod
legendary
September 08, 2015, 08:27:09 PM
@Vod: so if I understand you correctly, escrowing for yourself is okay as long as you don't charge a fee?

Wonder who else is doing this.

I don't think escrowing for yourself is OK.  An escrow should be a trusted THIRD party.

Charging a fee for a service you don't deliver is definitely a scam.
copper member
September 08, 2015, 08:26:26 PM

Where you said what? 
Activity: 675
Merit: 502
#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps
September 08, 2015, 08:25:53 PM
I am the only one who sees the irony in the fact that one of the biggest trolls on bitcointalk.org who is more then clearly a scammer, who has been trying to make the scam prevention portion of the trust system worthless has managed to get two of the people who prevent the majority of the scams to be labeled as scammers.

It seems that tsp has succeeded in making it exceedingly easy to scam around here
Vod
legendary
September 08, 2015, 08:25:17 PM

Where you said what? 
Pages:
Jump to: