Pages:
Author

Topic: Quickseller escrowing for himself - page 32. (Read 33647 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1006
September 06, 2015, 07:12:55 AM
I've dealt with hundreds of customers and never had a customer demand Bitcointalk escrow like that. It's fine if he left it at that regardless, but he proceeded to attack my reputation in an attempt to scare away my customers.

Libel and defamation are illegal, and quickseller has committed so much libel against me it has hurt my online business resulting in direct monetary damages. This was just one example of many, he has been doing this for about a year to me. I have chosen up to this point not to file a lawsuit, but quickseller is really playing with fire. His guilty until proven innocent mentality is against the law in the United States, there is no reason anyone should respect it or put up with it.

I know quickseller will get mad when he wakes up and sees my posts. He should realize this is entirely his fault, I was actually trying to avoid him and would've never made any anti-quickseller posts if it wasn't for his outrageous behavior towards me.

Clearly he does not realize his unlawful actions have consequences, since he is spewing libel left and right against many members. Every libelous post he makes opens up another opportunity for cops at his door and court ordered fines. I'm not going to be the one to do it, but it's inevitable at this rate.

For him to be guilty of libel you need to prove that he intentionally made a false statement of a fact in order to damage your business and not that he held a false opinion. He's entitled to have his own opinion and that is not libel.
Activity: 798
Merit: 506
Thank satoshi
September 06, 2015, 06:58:38 AM
Try seeing the OP first, the issue here is not choosing between LBC and bitcointalk, but QS escrowing for himself(and also probably giving positive trust to his alt) . Say QS wants to buy something from me(for ex.), then he would contact me using his alt then tell me to use QS as escrow, and that AFAIK totally beats the purpose of escrow as he can scam me any moment, and even go as far as blaming me thru his main account and alt as being a scammer.
Just an hypothesis here to make you see how serious this matter is.

lol I've been reading this thread since the beginning.
see turtlehurricane's 2 posts above.

FYI quickseller texted me from an anonymous number tonight and pretended to be a buyer, and he demanded escrow through you. I said I'd only do Localbitcoins so he then went to my new Bitcoin selling thread and posted libel saying I would manipulate LBC escrow to try and scare away my customers. So he is involving you in libel and malicious spying without your knowledge.

replying to tomatocage.

and like one of the first posters said on this thread. there's no hard proof that Panther32 is really Quickseller.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
September 06, 2015, 06:51:54 AM
even if it was quickseller, what is wrong with wanting to use escrow from bitcointalk and no other? I, and most people in bitcointalk that wants to be safe, would probably say the same thing, too.

and cut the defamation crap. people do that all the time in the internet.
Try seeing the OP first, the issue here is not choosing between LBC and bitcointalk, but QS escrowing for himself(and also probably giving positive trust to his alt) . Say QS wants to buy something from me(for ex.), then he would contact me using his alt then tell me to use QS as escrow, and that AFAIK totally beats the purpose of escrow as he can scam me any moment, and even go as far as blaming me thru his main account and alt as being a scammer.
Just an hypothesis here to make you see how serious this matter is.
Activity: 798
Merit: 506
Thank satoshi
September 06, 2015, 06:39:09 AM
even if it was quickseller, what is wrong with wanting to use escrow from bitcointalk and no other? I, and most people in bitcointalk that wants to be safe, would probably say the same thing, too.

and cut the defamation crap. people do that all the time in the internet.
September 06, 2015, 05:58:45 AM
FYI quickseller texted me from an anonymous number tonight and pretended to be a buyer, and he demanded escrow through you. I said I'd only do Localbitcoins so he then went to my new Bitcoin selling thread and posted libel saying I would manipulate LBC escrow to try and scare away my customers. So he is involving you in libel and malicious spying without your knowledge.

How do you know it was her if she texted from an anonymous number?
September 06, 2015, 05:47:40 AM
Even more to the point, don't you think there are other forum members out there with more balanced, better tempered personalites  People who don't have penchants for mockery and personal grudges?  People without track records of shady behavior?  Aren't the the kind of people you should be putting in your trust list?

There isn't a single forum user like that. If there is then they are likely a sociopath who has learned to fake it.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1005
New Decentralized Nuclear Hobbit
September 06, 2015, 05:46:01 AM
lol...

Compensated for what losses exactly? Getting a negative rating is not the end of the world, and does not cause someone to lose money from it. I will trade with anyone regardless of rep if they use escrow.

LOL. Didn't know you would take that seriously..
Meant DD.

Well tspacepilot's time doesn't come free. Grin
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1081
I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.
September 06, 2015, 05:36:22 AM
I don't see how escrowing for himself would be a scam, unless he's tacking on an extra escrow fee and making the other party pay it.
Isn't this exactly what escrows do?  Doesn't the buyer always pay the escrow fee?  Isn't the point of an escrow to have a neutral third party in a deal between two people?  Isn't the idea that the escrow is secretely one of the deal partners a direct perversion of this?

Even then there would be much more effective ways to scam such as, well, simply walking away with the entire escrow amount.
Arguing that there are more effective ways to scam doesn't make the less "effective" scam OK.

From the outside it might seem a little shady, but you have to consider the fact that he's a highly trusted member and very effective scam-buster.

Is he actually a "very effective scam-buster" or is he a bully that has a reputation for a hot-temper?  Where are the cases where he's actually been the one to do some scam busting that wasn't already done by another party?  I've seen that he quickly echoes the negative feedback of one party or another in disputes, often with the effect that the neg-repped party starts claiming "unfair and why is this guy allowed to do this to me"?  But it's not very clear to me that his escalation of disputes between others his a help to the marketplace.  We've seen that he bullies like a school-yard king but I don't see what that's actualy doing to help people.  We've seen him neg-rep people for simply refusing to use his services (see the case of worhipper_-_), we've seen him neg-rep people falsely and then stick to his guns about it until absolute irrefutable proof is provided (despite the fact that logic was against his accusations all along (see the case of ndnhc), we've seen him use alts and his default trust status seemingly for fun to neg-rep people merely for personal dislike (my case), and to troll with alts (see the accounts FunFunnyFan, ACCTSeller, and look, just two posts upthread he's using Panthers52 to talk about "anal lube"---this is your guy, you support him right?).  But where are these mountains of good that he must be doing in order to make up for all the trails of scorched earth that he leaves in his wake?

Even more to the point, don't you think there are other forum members out there with more balanced, better tempered personalites  People who don't have penchants for mockery and personal grudges?  People without track records of shady behavior?  Aren't the the kind of people you should be putting in your trust list?

As such it's only natural that he would make a lot of enemies from people whose intentions may not be totally above-board to begin with. So if, for instance, QS saw a deal for widgets in the Marketplace section that he couldn't pass up, but he knew that ordering widgets would potentially expose him to the sort of people previously referred to, it's only logical that he might use an alt to abstract himself.

It's also ethical for him to use some other escrow while making deals with that alt.  That much seems quite clear to me.

tspacepilot, I like you, man. I think you bring to the forum a certain level of quality and content that most users sorely lack. Furthermore, I do not think QS's rating for you is totally necessary.
Then why do you have me PM blocked?  The previous incarnation of you having QS on your trust list, you had him remove the negative and you sent me a paragraph which you had him read in which you told him that you expected all of his ratings to be above board and without personal animus and to give people the benefit of the doubt whenever possible.  It seems like you've come a long way from that.

However, I feel that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, so to speak. As I've said before, I'd rather have a few people butthurt than 10 times as many scammed.
 I'm not sure your 10-to-1 ratio has any basis in fact.  But, what's more, I'm not sure that I'd describe honest people being bullied off the forums by a hothead as nothing more than "butthurt", it seems more serious than that to me.  I'd go further and say that if you allow the bully to run rampant and smear who he likes, you may find after a while that there aren't a lot left of these "little children" for him to protect.

So basically I'd file this accusation in the "big flippin deal" bucket.
I'm pretty shocked by this assesment.  I don't know what else to say about that.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
September 06, 2015, 01:32:38 AM
lol...
i
Compensated for what losses exactly? Getting a negative rating is not the end of the world, and does not cause someone to lose money from it. I will trade with anyone regardless of rep if they use escrow.

Only saying this because I think it drives home a relevant point:

Wouldn't finding out that the "escrow" is the same person as your trading partner sorta defeat the purpose of escrow in such a situation?  Isn't the idea of using an escrow that you've got a neutral third party?

I agree 100% that if someone used their own alt as an escrow that would be wrong. I really hope that was not the case here, as that would be extremely shady. I can't really call that a scam in the traditional sense, but shady as hell. I really do not know if Panthers is QS - I really hope he is not one in the same. I do agree with TC though - if there is some collateral damage it is worth all the other stopped scams. 
Activity: 675
Merit: 502
#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps
September 06, 2015, 01:30:55 AM
lol...
i

Wouldn't finding out that the "escrow" is the same person as your trading partner sorta defeat the purpose of escrow in such a situation?  Isn't the idea of using an escrow that you've got a neutral third party?
@tspacepilot- admit that you lost in this case. You are butthurt and are upset that you were caught being a scammer.

I would kindly recommend that you use more anal lube next time around.

Kind Regards
Panthers52
legendary
September 06, 2015, 01:27:28 AM
lol...
i

Wouldn't finding out that the "escrow" is the same person as your trading partner sorta defeat the purpose of escrow in such a situation?  Isn't the idea of using an escrow that you've got a neutral third party?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
September 06, 2015, 01:23:21 AM
I don't see how escrowing for himself would be a scam, unless he's tacking on an extra escrow fee and making the other party pay it. Even then there would be much more effective ways to scam such as, well, simply walking away with the entire escrow amount. From the outside it might seem a little shady, but you have to consider the fact that he's a highly trusted member and very effective scam-buster. As such it's only natural that he would make a lot of enemies from people whose intentions may not be totally above-board to begin with. So if, for instance, QS saw a deal for widgets in the Marketplace section that he couldn't pass up, but he knew that ordering widgets would potentially expose him to the sort of people previously referred to, it's only logical that he might use an alt to abstract himself.

tspacepilot, I like you, man. I think you bring to the forum a certain level of quality and content that most users sorely lack. Furthermore, I do not think QS's rating for you is totally necessary. However, I feel that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, so to speak. As I've said before, I'd rather have a few people butthurt than 10 times as many scammed.

Using himself an escrow totally beats the purpose of using an escrow. It is not like he is the only escrow in the entire forum. Tongue

If I am dealing with Quickseller, I would use escrow. Now he suggest someone who is himself, which I didn't know then, and the deal goes through, I would feel myself cheated. It is not considered to be okay.

He can use make deals with people, use himself as escrow. completely okay?.. till the day he decides to scam everyone and leave the forum?
Quickseller's own arguments say that past performance of anyone is no guarantee to what anyone will do in the future.

Escrowing to himself is no escrow at all. If the other party wanted an escrow, and he uses himself, that would be kind of a breach of trust.

All this is, ignoring that he got a fee and a trust feedback for this, which makes things even more worse.

As I've said before, I'd rather have a few people butthurt than 10 times as many scammed.

It is very well the other way round.
I would like to suggest this:

Any party whose reputation is damaged by Quickseller resulting in a loss of any kind or that costed the party a significant amount of time and eventually this particular party is proved reasonably innocent of the accusation, he/she should be compensated by QS for any loss he/she has suffered including opportunity cost. (i.e. the party should be able to claim a reasonably amount of damages from Quickseller) Smiley

lol...

legendary
September 06, 2015, 12:37:03 AM
I don't see how escrowing for himself would be a scam, unless he's tacking on an extra escrow fee and making the other party pay it. Even then there would be much more effective ways to scam such as, well, simply walking away with the entire escrow amount. From the outside it might seem a little shady, but you have to consider the fact that he's a highly trusted member and very effective scam-buster. As such it's only natural that he would make a lot of enemies from people whose intentions may not be totally above-board to begin with. So if, for instance, QS saw a deal for widgets in the Marketplace section that he couldn't pass up, but he knew that ordering widgets would potentially expose him to the sort of people previously referred to, it's only logical that he might use an alt to abstract himself.

tspacepilot, I like you, man. I think you bring to the forum a certain level of quality and content that most users sorely lack. Furthermore, I do not think QS's rating for you is totally necessary. However, I feel that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, so to speak. As I've said before, I'd rather have a few people butthurt than 10 times as many scammed.

Using himself an escrow totally beats the purpose of using an escrow. It is not like he is the only escrow in the entire forum. Tongue

If I am dealing with Quickseller, I would use escrow. Now he suggest someone who is himself, which I didn't know then, and the deal goes through, I would feel myself cheated. It is not considered to be okay.

He can use make deals with people, use himself as escrow. completely okay?.. till the day he decides to scam everyone and leave the forum?
Quickseller's own arguments say that past performance of anyone is no guarantee to what anyone will do in the future.

Escrowing to himself is no escrow at all. If the other party wanted an escrow, and he uses himself, that would be kind of a breach of trust.

All this is, ignoring that he got a fee and a trust feedback for this, which makes things even more worse.

As I've said before, I'd rather have a few people butthurt than 10 times as many scammed.

It is very well the other way round.
I would like to suggest this:

Any party whose reputation is damaged by Quickseller resulting in a loss of any kind or that costed the party a significant amount of time and eventually this particular party is proved reasonably innocent of the accusation, he/she should be compensated by QS for any loss he/she has suffered including opportunity cost. (i.e. the party should be able to claim a reasonably amount of damages from Quickseller) Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222
brb keeping up with the Kardashians
September 05, 2015, 08:42:46 PM

copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
September 05, 2015, 08:14:32 PM
I believe I am allowed to post in scam accusations threads that have to do with me.

Tspacepilot, you are a scammer and a troll. You are an idiot for thinking you can find my unknown alts. You are an asshole and are wrong. I am looking forward to when karma catches up to you.

Not sure. This could be a real trail or a false trail. Clever and stupid. Smiley

For me, the more interesting part of the message is this:

This is the only newbie account of mine that posted on this thread.

So, again, QS refuses to deny that he is panthers52. 

What are you talking about?

Tspacepilot, you are a scammer and a troll. You are an idiot for thinking you can find my unknown alts.You are an asshole and are wrong. I am looking forward to when karma catches up to you.
I think I was pretty clear in saying that you are wrong.
#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps
September 05, 2015, 04:25:54 PM
I was quite sure before but this unexpected proof and different writing style is confusing me, and TBH I don't think QS actually would do something to extent his ban. Thats too stupid, even for QS
Okay. So how would you explain the PGP key? Someone else couldn't have done that.
Yeah thats what my logic is telling as well. NVM me thats just me getting confused.

keybase.io hacked? Tongue
I cannot speak for QS, although it is a bad idea to host your PGP private key on any website. If he did do this then I would recommend others not to do business with him.

you both sign every BTC address
What kind of moron would ever send bitcoin to an address that is not PGP signed Huh
#SuperBowl50 #NFCchamps
September 05, 2015, 04:21:45 PM
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
September 05, 2015, 01:12:53 PM
Not sure. This could be a real trail
So, again, QS refuses to deny that he is panthers52.  Very intersesting to hear from the poster (over here, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.12336439) who says he has traded with "both" of the "them" and knows where "they" live.  I would imagine that any number of people who have bought or sold the lealana coins to or from QS/Panthers would have shipping evidence which could be relevant here.
I don't know if they would have address proof of Quickseller, I suspect he probably uses a PO Box like most big traders here do so he doesn't need to have things shipped to his address of residence.

So if he does use a PO box, the most info someone would have on Quickseller is the city he's in, and possibly the area he's in as well.
legendary
September 05, 2015, 01:05:45 PM
QS wants everyone to think Panthers52 is his alt Huh
In that case he's doing a very good job.  Seems to me the next question is whether escrowing for yourself under an alt is a scam.

I think it is. Especially if a fee was involved and the other party is kept in the dark.
legendary
September 05, 2015, 01:03:43 PM
QS wants everyone to think Panthers52 is his alt Huh
In that case he's doing a very good job.  Seems to me the next question is whether escrowing for yourself under an alt is a scam.
Pages:
Jump to: