Pages:
Author

Topic: Quickseller vs Legendster - page 4. (Read 3781 times)

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
February 13, 2015, 12:51:20 AM
You are asking for a large sum of money WITHOUT collateral which is one of the lending section rules. You should be getting negged based on that.

Don't see how Quickseller overreacted.

Collateral is a Suggestion not a Rule...I lend without it from time to time. It is the lenders choice if they require collateral to lend or not.
Would you be willing to lend him 60 BTC without collateral? If someone were to lend him that much, what do you think the chances are that he would repay the loan (be sure to look at his trust first)?

No I wouldn't lend him that much. I was just pointing out that collateral is optional was all. I think it should be used most of the time, but it is a choice not a rule.
Activity: 1778
Merit: 764
www.V.systems
February 13, 2015, 12:48:32 AM
Why not just make and build a faucet yourself? I can help :p

Offcourse building a faucet is a hundred times cheaper than trying to buy an established faucet, but you do know there are added costs and implications when you have a brand new faucet that no one knows about, but in case of the puddle network it was already listed on landofbitcoins and faucetbox.

When it comes to making money from a faucet you have to ensure that the revenue generated from the adverts is sufficient enough to keep the websites running profitably.
www.V.systems
February 13, 2015, 12:43:11 AM
You are asking for a large sum of money WITHOUT collateral which is one of the lending section rules. You should be getting negged based on that.

Collateral is a Suggestion not a Rule...I lend without it from time to time. It is the lenders choice if they require collateral to lend or not.
Would you be willing to lend him 60 BTC without collateral? If someone were to lend him that much, what do you think the chances are that he would repay the loan (be sure to look at his trust first)?

Are you an idiot ?

Did you overlook the part where I say its MANDATORY to ESCROW ALL COLLATERAL on my lending thread ? Isnt the idea of a self moderated thread based on to reduce clutter from trolls such as yourself ?

Also which part of I AM NOT ASKING FOR a 60 BTC LOAN you dint get ? Its a JAM listing !! One can invest from a few satoshis upto as much as one desires!

And yes by all means LOOK at my trust.

-edit-
When I ask people to set their trust depth to 4 it is generally for them to have an idea of most my ENTIRE trade history and not just the ones that show up as default. I didnt say that to rip someone off I said that on numerous occasions to NEWBIES who had no idea how the trust system works and if they were going to judge me based on the trust system they should take a look at my ENTIRE reputation history and not just a few.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
February 13, 2015, 12:39:38 AM

The rule of "No Collateral, No Loan" means that in order to get a loan you must give collateral that is equal, or preferably higher to the amount you are being loaned.

If you completely ignore this sticky and make a loan request with no collateral, without having massive trust on the forum, the chances of you getting negative trusted feedback and therefore having a Trade with Extreme Caution tag is almost 100%.

Seems more like a rule than a suggestion.
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
February 13, 2015, 12:22:00 AM

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
February 13, 2015, 12:20:08 AM

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001
February 13, 2015, 12:03:39 AM

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I'm a Web Developer: HTML, CSS, PHP, JS.
February 13, 2015, 12:00:28 AM
Why not just make and build a faucet yourself? I can help :p
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348
February 12, 2015, 11:56:22 PM
Almost anyone that is not outright offering/willing to use escrow is almost certain to be 100% scamming, period. Even the most trusted members of the forum offer the use of a neutral third party escrow service when soliciting trades with others.

The faucet that you claim to want to buy is not worth 60 BTC, which is the amount you are requesting, it does not matter that the loan will fund at a lower amount, if enough lenders are stupid enough to lend you 60 BTC then that is how much you will receive.

The seller of the faucet was trying to get a scammy loan using his faucets as collateral. His faucets are not worth .1 BTC altogether, let alone whatever amount he was claiming they were worth. I am not even going to try to do the math to determine how many users would need to visit the faucets every day for it to potentially have that much revenue, however the numbers are just not realistic. It is a well known fact that running faucets are simply not profitable, especially not to that scale.

Asking for collateral upfront when lending funds is a trend that scammers try in order to steal from their potential borrowers. Anyone who has legit intentions of actually lending should have no problem with a trusted escrow holding collateral, and when other lenders neglect to include this option in their OP, I have never seen any lender having any issue with either myself or someone else making the statement that all collateral should be held by a trusted third party. The fact that this person has negative trust is an indication that collateral is likely to be stolen in the event it is sent directly to him.

For the record the OP has a self moderated thread and deleted my comment about the importance of all collateral being held by a third party, and the only reason why I did not give him negative trust for such deletion is that he quoted my post and agreed that he would not have an issue with having collateral being held by escrow (although he did make a snide comment that my suggest was the stupidest thing he has ever heard)

Additionally I have seen this person, on numerous occasions tell potential trading partners to modify their trust settings to have a trust depth set to "4" in order to get a "more accurate" reading of his trust. Having a trust depth of this much is not reliable and is very easily to manipulate, and this suggest is in itself scammy.    

edit: I see that he has since deleted his post agreeing to have all collateral held by escrow
www.V.systems
February 12, 2015, 11:23:10 PM
So I sent a message to this Quickseller guy and this is how it went.

Hello,

So you have anything to say to me ?
Because I suggest, that if you think you have anything against me you hash it out with me here first before immaturely trying to ruin my lending thread with your theories.

I know what you are trying to do, it is a good thing but you are trying to fill into really big shoes, the first step towards actually becoming who you are planning to become here - which is a Vod alternative - you first have to become sensible and be willing to reason.

So if you have any kind of personal emotions against the way I conduct my business I suggest you keep those emotions suppressed until you actually have some proof to back up your theories.

I find your last comment about me running away with someone's collateral on MY lending thread very childish.

This message isnt a threat or warning, just a friendly suggestion that you should just let me be and stray far away from my business or in fact do quite the opposite and watch everything that I do and actually use your head to derive logical conclusion instead of wild accusations - I am allergic to the later ones.

~
Logan
You are both trying to take out a 60 BTC loan to buy something that is worth well under .1 BTC and are lending out money at the same time. This is very fishy to me.

Considering that my history is clean your vague threats are not going to scare me.

You also are telling people to change their trust settings to make you appear to have massive amounts of trust when you do not

All right, lets take it public then.

I dont think this kid is a proper evaluator or is qualified enough to evaluate a popular faucet.

Also instead of actually reading my JAM application which would actually fund for 70% of the listed price he is constantly banging his head that I am asking for a 60 bTC loan - which I am not! I also didnt set the price of this faucet it was the seller's price and based on the amount of traffic his sites gets it has been evaluated to be quite expensive.

Now if someone is here who has a better set of evaluation skills and actually thinks that the puddle network is not worth what the seller is asking for then I am open to suggestion  but according to me this kid is acting immaturely.

Details about the faucet purchase is all written here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/purchasing-the-puddle-network-jam-listing-1455-apr-952197

Then it boils down to his trust ratings, Yes I see that he has a few positive reps and a ton of negative reps, the negative ones are offcourse from scammers and other idiots who he busted but MOST of the positive ones are from people with almost no trade history or reps, and seeing how he sells forum accounts I wouldnt be surprised if those are his own shill accounts. This doesnt mean that he doesnt have a good rep but basically he has not dealt with or accused someone legit like me and fails to understand the consequences of a negative report from a legit guy.

He went to the extent of going to my lending thread where I offer maximum 1 BTC to lend and is warning people to not trust me with their collateral as I will run away with their collateral... that really ticked me off. https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/legendster-offering-loans-to-everyone-collateral-required-953547 (the comment has since been deleted and a modified term of using a trusted escrow has since been added which is an unnecessary complication for small loans)

So my question to other sensible users here who have been around here longer than me or at least as long as  have is that do I take a risk and report this idiot by posting a negative on his trust score ? - This would indefinitely get me 1 red as well but would it be worth it ? As of yet I dont have a bone to pick with this guy but I feel its gonna happen eventually.

Or do I do my best to ignore his whimsical existence ?
Pages:
Jump to: