Pages:
Author

Topic: r0ach's Cryptomarkets Watch & Scamcoin Observer - page 21. (Read 47225 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin will trap your capital and be confiscated. Enjoy.

I am not saying someone might not invent a solution, but it is unlikely.

Pray. Clusterfucked world coming.

Even if they wanted to, I don't see governments being competent enough to take over Bitcoin in the near future when the world economy implodes.  That's why I say no matter what you think about Bitcoin, it's going to play a vital role as a life raft to get to whatever is on the other side of "the great reset".  You can nitpick about random metrics of Bitcoin if you're able to survive past that point.  All I know is, Bitcoin will either be extremely useful and valuable then, or everyone will be killing each other in the street for cans of soup and no currency will have value.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Anonymint, you've lately been saying Bitcoin is doomed because of mining concentration in China, so my post was entirely focused on that point.  We all know China specifically is not an actual threat to Bitcoin for the long term.

Huh  Huh

It doesn't matter where the ASIC mining farms are located, but that doesn't mean China isn't a long-term threat to Bitcoin's decentralization.

As for the other decentralization issues, yea, maybe Bitcoin is 100 pools in the future, or maybe it's 10; regardless, it will likely be beneficial in the fight against fractional reserve, debt based currency.  If you claim it will be captured by regulators, oh well, people would just start using a new cryptocurrency or fork of Bitcoin if they attempt to increase the coin limit.

The threat is not just from pool concentration, it is from ASIC mining farms of which just one owner plans to be mining about 30% of all Bitcoins, another one 10%, etc.. These owners absolutely will obey any government edicts which require they institute capital controls on Bitcoin transactions. They would be crazy to risk their mining farm being padlocked and confiscated for disobeying.

Once the masses are using Bitcoin, they will not switch. Please stop writing delusionary nonsense.

The bankers who have captured the state are going to end up losing power somewhere down the line through this.  In other words, no matter what happens with Bitcoin, you can't make a system worse than what we already have.

The bankster elite never lose power. They didn't lose power during the French revolution. The political figureheads lose their heads, but the banksters are eternal. Sorry man. You are living is some delusion that doesn't agree with 6000 years of recorded history.

The globalist elite are moving us towards a one world reserve currency new world order of control (and Bitcoin won't be the world's reserve currency, but rather is a digital totalitarian currency of global exchange not a reserve currency). China and Singapore will take over power from the West. We are entering a more totalitarian Technocracy world. There will be a smart meter on every home, etc..

Please wake up from your stupor.

That's why I do not buy into your statement that all cryptocurrency systems are pointless because you don't think they're decentralized enough or some other metric.  I do not believe unprofitable PoW will be a valid solution either (especially in the case of IOTA).  

The system is going to collapse and Bitcoin will play a role as a vital life raft to get to whatever is on the other side.  Think of it as a eugenics program, or the first welfare system for Caucasian and Asian computer science students.

Bitcoin will trap your capital and be confiscated. Enjoy.

I am not saying someone might not invent a solution, but it is unlikely.

Pray. Clusterfucked world coming.
legendary
Anonymint, you've lately been saying Bitcoin is doomed because of mining concentration in China, so my post was entirely focused on that point.  We all know China specifically is not an actual threat to Bitcoin for the long term.  As for the other decentralization issues, yea, maybe Bitcoin is 100 pools in the future, or maybe it's 10; regardless, it will likely be beneficial in the fight against fractional reserve, debt based currency.  If you claim it will be captured by regulators, oh well, people would just start using a new cryptocurrency or fork of Bitcoin if they attempt to increase the coin limit.  

The bankers who have captured the state are going to end up losing power somewhere down the line through this.  In other words, no matter what happens with Bitcoin, you can't make a system worse than what we already have.  That's why I do not buy into your statement that all cryptocurrency systems are pointless because you don't think they're decentralized enough or some other metric.  I do not believe unprofitable PoW will be a valid solution either (especially in the case of IOTA).  

The system is going to collapse and Bitcoin will play a role as a vital life raft to get to whatever is on the other side.  Think of it as a eugenics program, or the first welfare system for Caucasian and Asian computer science students.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
r0ach gets it, but he put in Bitcoin what he couldn't afford to lose and can't let it go. They call it emotional attachment to investment.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
There will probably be huge currency wars during Trump era since he seems to be pro-tariffs.

First, he has to overcome worse-than-even odds to get elected, but the shifting probabilities may move markets a lot over the next six months.
legendary
There will probably be huge currency wars during Trump era since he seems to be pro-tariffs.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
Does anyone agree or disagree with this presumption of mine?

Of course I disagree with it, otherwise I wouldn't own any Bitcoin.  The marginal cost over time of Bitcoin shows an ever increasing percent being energy costs.  This means sha256d will likely be commoditized.  There is no Chinese monopoly after that happens.  Of course, China being the top producers of Bitcoin isn't even a Bitcoin problem in the first place.  It's a symptom of China controlling manufacturing for everything on earth as corporations use their slaves for global labor arbitrage.

Add to that the west's unwillingness to engage in bitcoin chip manufacturing as chip manufacturing is one area where the Chinese don't really have that much of an edge in terms of labor, lithography being a highly-automated/robotic process. Plus they don't have an edge in things like 14nm-fabrication plants.

Even in mainstream consumer chips, that have economies of scale, companies like intel have no problem preserving their manufacturing advantage despite their fabs being located in the western world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_semiconductor_fabrication_plants
legendary
Does anyone agree or disagree with this presumption of mine?

Of course I disagree with it, otherwise I wouldn't own any Bitcoin.  The marginal cost over time of Bitcoin shows an ever increasing percent being energy costs.  This means sha256d will likely be commoditized.  There is no Chinese monopoly after that happens.  Of course, China being the top producers of Bitcoin isn't even a Bitcoin problem in the first place.  It's a symptom of China controlling manufacturing for everything on earth as corporations use their slaves for global labor arbitrage.

This problem will also cease to exist, either through tariffs or war.  US has already placed huge tariffs on China steel.  Next, every country will place huge tariffs on everything else coming out of China.  It's likely mining will be done only in situations where the waste heat is actually useful to drive some other function as well, or power is very cheap from things like hydro dams.  If sha256d is commoditized, it's not just a single dam in China that benefits.  Bitcoin is already at rock bottom for decentralization and can only get better from this point on.  Claiming it gets worse from here makes zero sense when we know sha256d becoming commoditized can only make it better.  It can't get worse than now!  You've already hit rock bottom.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
When BTC is breaking out a lot of Alts will get raped. I'll try to get them at a discount. With bagholder dumps, panic and margin crashes on Poloniex my buying plan is:

Monero ~50k SAT
Bitshares ~200SAT
Factom ~50k SAT
MAID ~2000 SAT

Cool

What about ETH? Placing any buys there?

if you are blonde,go all in
Activity: 392
Looking for shmexy coins!
When BTC is breaking out a lot of Alts will get raped. I'll try to get them at a discount. With bagholder dumps, panic and margin crashes on Poloniex my buying plan is:

Monero ~50k SAT
Bitshares ~200SAT
Factom ~50k SAT
MAID ~2000 SAT

Cool

What about ETH? Placing any buys there?
Activity: 3052
Merit: 685

Monero ~50k SAT
Bitshares ~200SAT
Factom ~50k SAT
MAID ~2000 SAT

Cool

When the bitcoin dollar price break out, the altcoin price relative to bitcoin might drop, but their dollar price will also rise.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1085
Degenerate Crypto Gambler

Monero ~50k SAT
Bitshares ~200SAT
Factom ~50k SAT
MAID ~2000 SAT

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
More crapcoin spam on the front page than usual now.  I keep seeing some lunatic post claiming "Rimbit" is going to defeat BTC LOL.

Alts used to pump on legit news not so long ago. Now the only movement up is on P&D scams like the recent EXE action on Poloniex.

I believe the Anonymizer and smoooooth have decided to let the "get rich quick with my lunch money" crowd run wild without retort. A P&D circus is what the gamblers want.

I do believe there exists a significant quantity of readers (100s?) on these forums that want to invest and support an altcoin which has serious potential to solve the problem that, Bitcoin IS basically DESTROYED. I also believe if ever such an altcoin arrived and it was gaining serious levels of user adoption (e.g. millions of users of the currency), then number of serious readers and investors would increase to the 1000s. I believe all of us are conditioned to think that no such altcoin will be forthcoming because developments thus far have been so underwhelming, scammy, vaporware, and/or slower than a snail's pace. Monero and Z.cash for example appear to be serious projects plodding forward at a reasonable pace, but neither of them really solve the "to the billions" scaling problems and they'd argue that such a scaling goal isn't required or possible for now or even ever. Does anyone agree or disagree with this presumption of mine?

Adaptations come through a process of desire. ATM the only desire is for a blockchain to handle this type of stress based on theoretical capacity--until there's a legitimate demand/stress we won't know what any of these technologies can handle. We need either more attacks or more actual demand to ascertain what they can and can't do. My guess is if the demand was there and a lone technology couldn't handle the stress, either existing technologies would be adapted to use with the new technology or a more adaptive technology would replace it.

To put it bluntly, we're still at the "My dad can kick your dad's ass" stage.
More crapcoin spam on the front page than usual now.  I keep seeing some lunatic post claiming "Rimbit" is going to defeat BTC LOL.

Alts used to pump on legit news not so long ago. Now the only movement up is on P&D scams like the recent EXE action on Poloniex.

I believe the Anonymizer and smoooooth have decided to let the "get rich quick with my lunch money" crowd run wild without retort. A P&D circus is what the gamblers want.

I do believe there exists a significant quantity of readers (100s?) on these forums that want to invest and support an altcoin which has serious potential to solve the problem that, Bitcoin IS basically DESTROYED. I also believe if ever such an altcoin arrived and it was gaining serious levels of user adoption (e.g. millions of users of the currency), then number of serious readers and investors would increase to the 1000s. I believe all of us are conditioned to think that no such altcoin will be forthcoming because developments thus far have been so underwhelming, scammy, vaporware, and/or slower than a snail's pace. Monero and Z.cash for example appear to be serious projects plodding forward at a reasonable pace, but neither of them really solve the "to the billions" scaling problems and they'd argue that such a scaling goal isn't required or possible for now or even ever. Does anyone agree or disagree with this presumption of mine?
Activity: 392
Looking for shmexy coins!
More crapcoin spam on the front page than usual now.  I keep seeing some lunatic post claiming "Rimbit" is going to defeat BTC LOL.

legendary
More crapcoin spam on the front page than usual now.  I keep seeing some lunatic post claiming "Rimbit" is going to defeat BTC LOL.
legendary
Did you see this chart, Anonymizer?

lol japan
the oriental plunge protection team
 if the government owns all the businesses, should we refer to Japan as a Fascist or Communist government
 damn this really is the end
 that will happen in the US and all other nations too
 and you know what happens then?  Just like the breakup of the USSR.  All the assets are sold off for pennies to the oligarchs
 then civilization implodes

legendary
Activity: 924
The article is some dirtbag daytrader that barely knows anything about cryptocurrency...

I see what you mean. After debunking the "false logic", I expected the fellow to pivot towards: The only way that Bitcoin's value will go up if there's enough incoming demand to overwhelm the extant and increasing supply.   
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
This is going to happen anyway.
Earlier or later this has to come true.
Pages:
Jump to: