Pages:
Author

Topic: Racism - page 11. (Read 1388 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
January 10, 2018, 01:32:52 PM
Racism is an utmost disgusting thing. In my opinion it comes from low self esteem and out of jealousy. There is nothing that I hate more than racism in this world. I have experienced it myself all over the world in form of stupid jokes about my country. Dont know why people dont grow up and get over this stupid shit. One love!
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
January 10, 2018, 12:58:47 PM
As long as people keep talking about race like it's a problem, then racism will continue being a problem. People aren't born racist, they are taught to be. If we stopped talking about race altogether, and instead just looked at everyone as people, then children wouldn't grow up thinking that people are different based on their skin, and will learn to look at people for their other qualities and character.
Activity: 100
Merit: 1
January 10, 2018, 12:42:50 PM
No one chooses who to be born with and if you are faced with manifestations of racism know, this is not your problem.
Racism is a manifestation of ignorance.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
January 10, 2018, 12:08:13 AM
I don't want you to get all mixed up trying to contradict yourself the way you are.

You feel I contradict myself because you are dense.

I have explained the logic and laws behind my conclusions.  You refuse to pull your head out of the sand.  

Until you do, nothing I say will make much sense to you.  Hopefully others have a better chance.

Cool

Remember that Xena episode where Kal and Ares fought? It was entitled "Chakram." Ares said, "Oh-- Kal, Kal, Kal, Kal, Kal... ." http://whoosh.org/epguide/trans/502trans.html

Oh-- Vod, Vod, Vod, Vod, Vod.

Cheesy

Yep, hopefully others have a better chance.  :/
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
January 10, 2018, 12:07:09 AM
I don't want you to get all mixed up trying to contradict yourself the way you are.

I have explained the logic and laws behind my conclusions.  You refuse to pull your head out of the sand.  

Until you do, nothing I say will make much sense to you.  Hopefully others have a better chance.

Cool

Remember that Xena episode where Kal and Ares fought? It was entitled "Chakram." Ares said, "Oh-- Kal, Kal, Kal, Kal, Kal... ." http://whoosh.org/epguide/trans/502trans.html

Oh-- Vod, Vod, Vod, Vod, Vod.

Cheesy
Vod
legendary
January 09, 2018, 11:59:00 PM

I have explained the logic and laws behind my conclusions.  You refuse to pull your head out of the sand. 

Until you do, nothing I say will make much sense to you.  Hopefully others have a better chance.

Cool
legendary
January 09, 2018, 11:56:11 PM
But don't you claim to be without religion? And don't you badmouth me, thereby showing the opposite of love? Doesn't this mean that you have religion, which keeps you from loving me enough that you show your love to me with kind words?... according to your suggestions of wherein love is and isn't found?

No, it means I have intelligence and respect my self worth.  Why would I want to love someone who shows ignorance and hatred towards the truth?

Cool

Because you are not religious... or are you? I mean, if you are religious, you wouldn't be showing love. But if you weren't religious, you would be showing love. Kinda according to the things you said.

I don't want you to get all mixed up trying to contradict yourself the way you are. In love I am trying to show you the way out of your self-contradiction.

I guess I am scientific rather than religious by showing love... at least according to the way you look at it.

Cool
Vod
legendary
January 09, 2018, 11:52:03 PM
But don't you claim to be without religion? And don't you badmouth me, thereby showing the opposite of love? Doesn't this mean that you have religion, which keeps you from loving me enough that you show your love to me with kind words?... according to your suggestions of wherein love is and isn't found?

No, it means I have intelligence and respect my self worth.  Why would I want to love someone who shows ignorance and hatred towards the truth?

Cool
legendary
January 09, 2018, 11:49:26 PM
Are you trying to say that I have science, but you have religion? Where's your love?

Nope - just replying to your comment.  Without religion everyone would love each other.

Cool

Cool
Vod
legendary
January 09, 2018, 11:39:06 PM
Are you trying to say that I have science, but you have religion? Where's your love?

Nope - just replying to your comment.  Without religion everyone would love each other.

Cool
legendary
January 09, 2018, 11:36:14 PM
But we won't cure it by being racist against racists, like government is. We will only cure it with love... towards everybody.

Everyone would love each other if we didn't have religion...  :/

Look at all the loving things I have said in many of my posts about you, but you simply derided me in return. Are you trying to say that I have science, but you have religion? Where's your love?

Cool
Vod
legendary
January 09, 2018, 11:26:05 PM
But we won't cure it by being racist against racists, like government is. We will only cure it with love... towards everybody.

Everyone would love each other if we didn't have religion...  :/
legendary
January 09, 2018, 11:21:47 PM
Racism is a disease and we can cure it by educating other people and ourselves that color or where they came from does not represent their entirety. While I was young, I was racist but it change when I grew and become matured.

Cool
Vod
legendary
January 09, 2018, 11:18:35 PM
Racism is a disease and we can cure it by educating other people and ourselves that color or where they came from does not represent their entirety. While I was young, I was racist but it change when I grew and become matured.

Your paragraph contradicts itself.

Do you cure racism with maturity or with education?
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
January 09, 2018, 11:17:13 PM
legendary
January 09, 2018, 10:58:33 PM
CUNY Professor Denounces Meritocracy and Color-Blindness In Math As "Tool of Whiteness"

Now, CUNY Professor Laurie Rubel has published a peer-reviewed article in the  Journal of Mathematics Education arguing that the concepts of meritocracy and "color-blindness" are ideological precepts that work against minorities.  It is a worrisome trend among academics to challenge even the most objective fields of advancement as requiring a more race-conscious approach.

Rubel is a former high school math teacher who published an article entitled Equity-Directed Instructional Practices: Beyond the Dominant Perspective.

She writes "Teachers who claim color-blindness . . . are, in effect, refusing to acknowledge the impact of enduring racial stratification on students and their families."   She insists that by rewarding students on their performance — or ability to do math — math  "functions as a tool of whiteness."

Read more and click the links at https://jonathanturley.org/2018/01/09/cuny-professor-denounces-meritocracy-and-color-blindness-in-math-as-tool-of-whiteness/.

Cool
Activity: 84
January 07, 2018, 10:55:43 PM
welcome to living on an island, making more than half the salary of your white none islander coworkers, low benefits, your kids not giving decent breaks sometimes, the list goes on, of course, racisim still exist just more along nationality lines these days.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
January 07, 2018, 10:18:15 PM
Racism is just like bullying. I'm sure all bully types are racist. They want to hate those who are different than them. And if they can, abuse them.
legendary
January 07, 2018, 06:56:17 PM
We people must not practice racism because it can only cause misunderstanding between two religion or country. In order to obtain peace people should understand and respect one another.

People should practice racism because, if your group eats cows, and another group says it is wrong to eat cows, there is going to be fighting among the members of the groups, unless they segregate themselves into separate races.

Cool
Activity: 210
January 07, 2018, 06:07:24 PM
We people must not practice racism because it can only cause misunderstanding between two religion or country. In order to obtain peace people should understand and respect one another.
Pages:
Jump to: