Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: 10th anniversary art contest - page 11. (Read 6464 times)

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
October 24, 2019, 01:02:14 PM
I can't stop myself from doing work. I've done 6-7 work (Video, gif, picture) so far. I hope this is not a problem.

I've not seen your work; however, I'd recommend producing one good quality work rather than producing so much material.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1727
Be A Hope
October 24, 2019, 12:12:26 PM
I can't stop myself from doing work. I've done 6-7 work (Video, gif, picture) so far. I hope this is not a problem.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
October 23, 2019, 01:31:49 PM
I think everyone is now forgetting about the Anniversary Coin and the Pumpkin Carving because of this contest.
Still wanting to have that Smiley

Sabotage. Update.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.52851257

I just hope everyone's work will be reviewed and no one will be skipped.

Yes, there are sources that view each page of the art contest to check worthy arts and I think all of good arts are being appreciated on that thread.

And hopes that no one forces someone to like art because everyone has different tastes. anyways, nice artwork you got there.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1166
🤩Finally Married🤩
October 23, 2019, 10:00:52 AM
I think everyone is now forgetting about the Anniversary Coin and the Pumpkin Carving because of this contest.
Still wanting to have that Smiley

Sabotage. Update.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.52851257

I just hope everyone's work will be reviewed and no one will be skipped.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
October 23, 2019, 05:13:13 AM
I think this belongs here too: iasenko more or less requested this:
10 year art topic sorted by Merit: http://10yearbitcointalk.tk/
10 year art topic in random order: http://10yearBitcointalk.tk/random.html
(updated every hour)
legendary
Be A Hope
October 22, 2019, 10:44:51 AM
or in order of activity?
BPIP has 1000 users ordered by Activity. If you want it all avatars in my collection, you'll have to scrape the profiles to get their Activity.

Thanks for user list and avatars @LoyceV.
I did something like that:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.52839997
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080
October 22, 2019, 06:54:13 AM
Besides, if theymos selects 20 favorites, I expect all of them to share the prize.
Yes they will probably share a prize but I feel like with the amount of submissions that might be a small amount. If there wasn't a community vote on it then I would say just pick 10 out of the 300 odd submissions so that each artist gets a good amount. 0.1 split between 10 people would be a good reward I think.
legendary
October 22, 2019, 06:05:10 AM
I think the best way for theymos to judge it would be to pick 20 personal favorites and then let the community vote in a poll or with merit.
There's no need for that:
Prizes:
 - I will distribute at total of at least 1 BTC to the art submissions which I personally like the best, completely subjectively.
Besides, if theymos selects 20 favorites, I expect all of them to share the prize.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080
October 22, 2019, 05:58:33 AM
It's been a while since I painted, but I've been meaning to get some canvases to do some painting anyway and this competition finally gives me a kick up the backside to order some. So I've ordered some, hopefully I'll have something to show after a few weeks - it's definitely not something I intend to rush! I just hope my entry won't be buried amongst all the others, especially as it will probably come fairly late into the competition.

As always the replies earlier in the thread especially on the front page will get more exposure and therefore they are probably going to receive more merit. The criteria for the art contest isn't solely based on merit received though and I think theymos will be looking through all pages to judge fairly once the competition has ended. I think the best way for theymos to judge it would be to pick 20 personal favorites and then let the community vote in a poll or with merit.
legendary
October 22, 2019, 05:51:40 AM
or in order of activity?
BPIP has 1000 users ordered by Activity. If you want it all avatars in my collection, you'll have to scrape the profiles to get their Activity.
legendary
Be A Hope
October 22, 2019, 05:48:31 AM
Thank you @LoyceV thank you very much

How do I copy all user names in a sequence? or in order of activity? I have a video idea but I am looking for data.

legendary
October 22, 2019, 05:46:27 AM
Someone asked me for the avatars I used, so I'll share it for everyone: avatars.zip.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1118
October 21, 2019, 07:40:12 PM
It's been a while since I painted, but I've been meaning to get some canvases to do some painting anyway and this competition finally gives me a kick up the backside to order some. So I've ordered some, hopefully I'll have something to show after a few weeks - it's definitely not something I intend to rush! I just hope my entry won't be buried amongst all the others, especially as it will probably come fairly late into the competition.
legendary
Activity: 4494
Merit: 3178
Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023
October 21, 2019, 02:32:16 PM
Sounds awesome. I think I should then multiply my resolution with a further 1.5x; that should allow me to input some nice addons in the graphics.
Just watch your RAM usage, especially if you're using multiple layers. It can quickly get out of hand at these absurd resolutions, and losing your work to a crash or OOM killer isn't fun (save often and keep backups).
legendary
October 21, 2019, 02:17:32 PM
I'm looking forward to somewhat like 4096x3072 pixels at this point.
Mine is 9448x6297 pixels, it just means you'll have to zoom and scroll a bit to view everything.

Sounds awesome. I think I should then multiply my resolution with a further 1.5x; that should allow me to input some nice addons in the graphics.

At one point in 2014, I was a full-time graphic designer. Since then, I didn't touch Photoshop (at all) until yesterday. Now it's time to revise a few concepts and participate nicely in this contest! Wink
legendary
October 21, 2019, 01:12:06 PM
I'm looking forward to somewhat like 4096x3072 pixels at this point.
Mine is 9448x6297 pixels, it just means you'll have to zoom and scroll a bit to view everything.
legendary
October 21, 2019, 12:43:32 PM
...so are you guys gonna give me any suggestion(s) or should I just give up? Cry
Increase your resolution of the pictures, and they won't be so small, and blurred. The only issue with that is your final piece with everything stitched together is going to be huge.

Hmmm... that's a nice idea, thanks! The overall resolution will then become incredibly high though; I'm looking forward to somewhat like 4096x3072 pixels at this point.
staff
Merit: 4114
October 21, 2019, 07:18:29 AM
There's no problem with getting stock images because it depends on the way how will you use it creatively. Your senses will be used to make a better image/art using those stock images or vectors on google. Well, There's a part of me that I also dislike stock images where they use it just to cover up the whole image/art then adding text of 'bitcointalk.org', less effort you know.
Using stock images can have an amazing composition, and should be recognition as a talent on its own. I remember seeing a recreation of a old painting with just stock images. It was incredible, and took the person over 80 hours, and 1000s of stock images.

...so are you guys gonna give me any suggestion(s) or should I just give up? Cry
Increase your resolution of the pictures, and they won't be so small, and blurred. The only issue with that is your final piece with everything stitched together is going to be huge.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 552
October 21, 2019, 04:59:14 AM

My criteria:
  • Originality/Uniqueness-30% (Should be given a high percentage for those who made that type of art, a low score for those who copied the idea)
  • Votes-10% (Low percentage only since it can be manipulated. Should be limited to 2-3 votes per user.)
  • Relevance to the theme-20% (optional since the theme is only 10th anniversary and all participants can make their own themes.)
  • Creativity-40% (Obviously, It's how you manage to create the art and its components: elements, meaning, and style)

If your criteria is to be followed, I think It would be better If the Originality/Uniqueness category  has to have the highest percentage.
As what I can see from the current entries, theres a lot of edited stock images blended with additional colors and some fonts. I dont find it Original, although It was creative.
In the originality, im referring about the idea that brings the art into existence. There are different ways of creating art so I think creativity is the one we should prioritize. The category of creativity is very wide and without it, you can't create a good art with meaning.

Creativity have many components like what I've said, meaning, elements, symbols and the style. You can't based your judgment because they used stock images. They can use stock images as long as it's part of the element to create a wonderful art, that's creativity.

It's already a common sense in an art ompetition that we should create unique art so if they wanted to have good percentage of originality then they should think a good and unique concept. And even you're the original maker of that specific art, you can be surpassed by a creative art with meaning.

I get your point. Very well explained. Although we have different views and opinions, and I cant blame you with your own definition of the distinctive qualities of Originality and Creativity. Interesting discussion indeed.

IMHO, Originality somehow sits just a little bit upfront from Creativity, because Originality literally starts from the scratch and the level of difficulty to create a "Creative" art is a bit harder than those (lets say)who used stock images. Plus, Originality implies that its the very first of it and nothing else in existence yet.

Being Original is a way of being creative too. Nevertheless, everything will be judged accordingly. There will be point deductions from each category If the judge finds it "not original" or not so "creative". So, it all goes down to the highest pointer.

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1007
Degen in the Space
October 21, 2019, 03:46:41 AM

My criteria:
  • Originality/Uniqueness-30% (Should be given a high percentage for those who made that type of art, a low score for those who copied the idea)
  • Votes-10% (Low percentage only since it can be manipulated. Should be limited to 2-3 votes per user.)
  • Relevance to the theme-20% (optional since the theme is only 10th anniversary and all participants can make their own themes.)
  • Creativity-40% (Obviously, It's how you manage to create the art and its components: elements, meaning, and style)

If your criteria is to be followed, I think It would be better If the Originality/Uniqueness category  has to have the highest percentage.
As what I can see from the current entries, theres a lot of edited stock images blended with additional colors and some fonts. I dont find it Original, although It was creative.
In the originality, im referring about the idea that brings the art into existence. There are different ways of creating art so I think creativity is the one we should prioritize. The category of creativity is very wide and without it, you can't create a good art with meaning.

Creativity have many components like what I've said, meaning, elements, symbols and the style. You can't based your judgment because they used stock images. They can use stock images as long as it's part of the element to create a wonderful art, that's creativity.

It's already a common sense in an art ompetition that we should create unique art so if they wanted to have good percentage of originality then they should think a good and unique concept. And even you're the original maker of that specific art, you can be surpassed by a creative art with meaning.
Pages:
Jump to: