Author

Topic: Re: Black Arrow 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $0.49/GH/s - page 110. (Read 96796 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Price promise:

We are looking for long term partners and wish to be your only BTC ASIC supplier by providing required stock on time and competitive market price (will price match on $/Ghash any BTC ASIC company as long as their offer is genuine and stock available at the same time as ours).

Here is where your hard earned pre order money went!

EDIT:  They are able to give away samples of chips and $10,000 discounts, and yet they cannot improve the compensation package...?

Price promise.  LOL.  These guys are lying sacks of shit that also promised their customers they would give us enough hashpower to ROI and are now fucking our brains out and changing their tune on that while running down the path on other shit, which they apparently do have money for.

I hate these fuckers more every day.
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive
Black Arrow LTD is looking for OEM partners and is offering samples of 28nm Minion Bitcoin miner chips (discounted or free).

Samples will be shipped around 1st of May 2014.

Target:

These samples are offered to companies or PCB designers with genuine interest to design double SHA256 mining machines based on Black Arrow Minion ASIC.

We will offer 5 free samples to companies with proven record of designing and manufacturing mining PCBs or high power PCBs; Any other PCB designer can purchase up to 5 samples for discounted price.

Discounts:

All companies with the design ready to manufacture before 01/06/2014 will receive a discount of US$10000 on their first order. If the company decides to license the design under GPL we will offer a further discount of US$10000. If the design is licensed under GPL at a later date, we will offer this discount on the next order. Black Arrow offers this discount to support open source design but does not intend and will not use this design in their products.

Price promise:

We are looking for long term partners and wish to be your only BTC ASIC supplier by providing required stock on time and competitive market price (will price match on $/Ghash any BTC ASIC company as long as their offer is genuine and stock available at the same time as ours).

Minimum order quantity for manufacturing:

1000 pcs.

Please register your interest here: http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/minion-asic-sample.html
Datasheet: http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/minion-datasheet.html

Regards!

Here is where your hard earned pre order money went!

EDIT:  They are able to give away samples of chips and $10,000 discounts, and yet they cannot improve the compensation package...?
legendary

And yes, you will receive the amount of btc you paid back, I do not agree or see why that is the case, but that is the way it works.

that makes no sense whatsoever, on several levels.

Primarily in that, if they did not convert those BTC they became the speculator the instant they received them.  A person cannot be held accountable for risk taken on by the vendor.

Beyond that, in the US, BTC is not money.  Their product was priced in USD, you gave them something equivalent in value to that USD, so their refund cannot be giving you something that does not have that value in USD.  I gave you 300 and for a refund I get 150?  That's not a refund, that's a screwing.

I'd be going to the BBB as an initial step and would file a suit immediately after that.  Probably wouldn't even have to appear in court because they'd know they were going to lose and would simply refund your money long before the court date.

I'd normally not go that route, and would exhaust all options prior to doing so, but I've done it, and would do it again in a heartbeat if I was getting screwed because someone else speculated and expected me to eat the loss.  nuh uh.

I totally agree, the payment methods of the 340$ usd included bitcoin but they are the ones who speculated if they did not convert. Refunding now is just uselss unless you are refunded in fiat or the correct amount equaling the 340$ usd the miner was.

I also wonder if they are doing it this way to try and refrain people from getting a refund.  I would not blink an eye if I could get a check for the full amount or btc in the USD amount back for the other units I have on order.  I think it is pretty much general consensus that these things will lose money at this point and the majority of people would request a refund.

We all know BA will drop prices as soon as they ship the first units.  There is no way they have any money coming in at this point as their prices are behind the times, but they will not drop them due to some things they said when they started taking pre-orders.

And yes, you will receive the amount of btc you paid back, I do not agree or see why that is the case, but that is the way it works.

that makes no sense whatsoever, on several levels.

Primarily in that, if they did not convert those BTC they became the speculator the instant they received them.  A person cannot be held accountable for risk taken on by the vendor.

Beyond that, in the US, BTC is not money.  Their product was priced in USD, you gave them something equivalent in value to that USD, so their refund cannot be giving you something that does not have that value in USD.  I gave you 300 and for a refund I get 150?  That's not a refund, that's a screwing.

I'd be going to the BBB as an initial step and would file a suit immediately after that.  Probably wouldn't even have to appear in court because they'd know they were going to lose and would simply refund your money long before the court date.

I'd normally not go that route, and would exhaust all options prior to doing so, but I've done it, and would do it again in a heartbeat if I was getting screwed because someone else speculated and expected me to eat the loss.  nuh uh.

legendary
Bitcoin Miners progress update – 10 April 2014
1. Minion
Received news from Global Foundries: they are 8 days ahead of schedule and will ship the wafers next week
Have discussed and received great support from our packaging company, we’re looking forward to receive the chip.
2. X3 hashboard – final design
We have received the X3 hashboard sample, 2 days later than expected.
Pending assembly
3. X3 backplane – final design
Adjusted parts based on feedback from the case
Reviewing design, will send to factory tomorrow.
4. X1 hashboard – final design
PCB has been assembled
5. X1 backplane – final design
Completed, sent to factory
6. Control board – final design
Waiting for LCD + touchscreen factories
7. X3 case
has been corrected based on all the parts
plastic parts have been sent to factory for review
8. X1 case
has been designed, pending review

Debit, Black Arrow should pay you for posting updates.  You're doing a better job promoting them than themselves!   Roll Eyes

HAHA, thanks, but please let it be known I am not promoting them!  I have just as much skin in this game as the rest of you and am still currently waiting on my refund from MinerSource for my X-3 unit. (still have other units on order that I paid btc and don't want less back).

Per my calculations these will not make back the USD that were paid for them at the current (and even if it recovers some) rates.  These will have a hard time making back the btc that were paid for them given the expected difficulty increase. (This is my belief and in no way reflects BA)

Still waiting on MinerSource to email about my refund, but not making a fuss yet as they said it would be yesterday or today.

legendary
Bitcoin Miners progress update – 10 April 2014
1. Minion
Received news from Global Foundries: they are 8 days ahead of schedule and will ship the wafers next week
Have discussed and received great support from our packaging company, we’re looking forward to receive the chip.
2. X3 hashboard – final design
We have received the X3 hashboard sample, 2 days later than expected.
Pending assembly
3. X3 backplane – final design
Adjusted parts based on feedback from the case
Reviewing design, will send to factory tomorrow.
4. X1 hashboard – final design
PCB has been assembled
5. X1 backplane – final design
Completed, sent to factory
6. Control board – final design
Waiting for LCD + touchscreen factories
7. X3 case
has been corrected based on all the parts
plastic parts have been sent to factory for review
8. X1 case
has been designed, pending review
legendary
1) It is the antminer that is put out by bitmain, their website is bitmaintech.com and they will have more in stock in the next 24 hours.

2) It is still Thursday, they never said they would post their updates on Thursday or Wednesday, and in fact they have been coming out on either day every week.  They have not missed an update in about a month and a half, and until they are severely overdue, it is not worth attacking them for what they are actually doing right.

legendary
Well looks like no renders for us today.

dude relax, there is plenty of time.  They have not been consistent at all about what time they post updates.  But at least they are posting them every week, so the last thing that needs to happen is for people to get upset about something that BA is actually finally doing right.
legendary
Any1 wants to buy a preorder of 20 prospero x-1 batch #1 ? Ordered @ BA site.

Will sell for same price as i bought, 290$ a piece + $ delivery + bank transfer costs.

PM me.
You bought twenty? Why didn't you just by an X-3?

Bought togather with friend Smiley

Well if your willing to reduce your price I may be interested.  I can currently buy an ant for less than $350 dollars, which will run twice as fast and we know that they are a real product.  No offense, but there is no real indication that these are even real yet.  I doubt we will be able to agree upon a price though, as you would have to come significantly down.

BTW-we should be receiving an update any time now which should tell us whether they will ship at the beginning of May.
Activity: 728
It looks like they are finally accepting credit cards and PayPal. That's good news.
Actually I just tried a fake check out and the only two options for payment are bank transfer and coins. Though they have paypal and credit card logos at the bottom of the page...
It looks like they are finally accepting credit cards and PayPal. That's good news.
The site is back online, though none of the product links work..
No need to worry. Like everyone else with a Linux server, BA have been sorting out the OpenSSL bug.  I guess it didn't go too smoothly.  Search twitter for "OpenSSL" and you will see the mayhem it's caused today.  BitStamp went partially offline too.

Two of my servers were effected.  I managed to update my server with only a few seconds downtime.

There is more about it here, if your interested:
http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/07/massive-security-bug-in-openssl-could-effect-a-huge-chunk-of-the-internet/

most likely right.  they've been blinking on and off all day.  

they could post something to their FB or Twitter accounts.  I know that's some crazy sheeit I'm talkin' there, but I'm prone to these flashes of brilliance on things others have already been utilizing for years....

No need to worry. Like everyone else with a Linux server, BA have been sorting out the OpenSSL bug.  I guess it didn't go too smoothly.  Search twitter for "OpenSSL" and you will see the mayhem it's caused today.  BitStamp went partially offline too.

Two of my servers were effected.  I managed to update my server with only a few seconds downtime.

There is more about it here, if your interested:
http://techcrunch.com/2014/04/07/massive-security-bug-in-openssl-could-effect-a-huge-chunk-of-the-internet/
You're probably right. Here's some more links for anyone interested:
http://heartbleed.com/
https://community.qualys.com/blogs/securitylabs/2014/04/08/ssl-labs-test-for-the-heartbleed-attack
legendary
Just for reference, will update when this is resolved...

I requested a refund from MinerSource last Friday, was immediately told it would get done and mailed on Monday or Tuesday of this week, and I would receive a tracking number.  I have still not received a tracking number and have emailed twice asking for a status update.  I have no idea if it is in the mail or not, or the status of my refund.  Bobsag, please look into my email inquiry.

Thanks,

DebitMe

Update, received an email last Friday saying that the funds should clear into their new bank either that day or yesterday, as of right now I have not received an email with explanations or tracking.  Sent an email earlier today asking for a status update and when I can expect to receive refund.

Will update when I hear more.
www.BlackArrowSoftware.com works for me, ecointalk.net doesn't though.

yeah, they're messing with something.  the message on the ecointalk page has changed also...
The issue is that these will be WORTHLESS in a year no matter the value of BTC because the difficulty will be so high, BTC isn't going to soar 100x its current value anymore.

I'd agree.  Resale value is effectively zero.

I also see the point that difficulty has to stop rising, although as some have noted, that's not as likely as some might think.  empirically, that's not happening.  I got an update from KnC this morning.  Their data center goes live in June.  God knows what that will do but it sure as hell won't drive difficulty down.

aside from that, saying difficulty has to stop rising is irrelevant.  the question is when it will stop rising, as the effective period for these is a few months, so if it doesn't happen then, which doesn't seem likely at this point for a lot of reasons, postulating that is irrelevant for the current customers.

bottom line, this delay crushed people.  difficulty has blown up during this time period.  this would not be true if they had delivered them on time.  We are >8.5 BTC in the hole per X-3 as a result of this delay, and rising.  platitudes and prognostications that everything will be just fine are meaningless bullshit.  BA's failure has cost it's customers a shitload of money. 

glad they're working that scrypt miner up though.  company motto should be 'let them eat cake' 

fucking bastards.

legendary
I've requested a refund via email over a week ago for my order and have gotten no response.  I opened a ticket on their website and they closed it with no response.  Has anyone managed to get a BTC refund from them?  How long did it take?  What method did you use to get a response from them?

Who did you order from?

I have requested a refund through Minersource and was informed that they were switching banks and that the funds should clear today (still have not received a tracking number yet).

Per BA's own forums, they do not seem to be doing refunds yet.  They have said multiple times that it should be soon or next week, but those days come and go and no further word on the issue.
legendary
What a wonderful idea. Perfect companion to my BFL mugs that I never use!

Why on earth wouldn't you use that thing?  I would have at least broken it or donated it to the "2 girls 1 cup" producer so he could do something extremely degrading to it and put it out on the internet.

EDIT: 1 BFL, 0 Monarchs (Catchy Title)
legendary
Tape out was February 23. The fabrication process takes just under 2 months from what I've seen/read.

Ok so probably next week towards the end of the week we should receive confirmation that the chips have been received.  Man that seems like a lot to do in 2 weeks to ship these on time.

P.S. - BA I would like a t-shirt shipped with each purchase, any way you could add these into the compensation package somehow?
Jump to: