Pages:
Author

Topic: Re: Butterfly Labs CEO 25 Million USD Mail Fraud — A Concise Summary of Evidence - page 11. (Read 146792 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
www.DonateMedia.org
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
You know what I wonder?  Are all you whiners crying about a scam going to pony up an apology when the ASICs ship?  

My prediction:  Crickets.

I hope someone bumps this particular post after we ship the ASICs, I want see the rush of apologies.  I'll hold my breath.

4 months later...Haven't shipped YET, with "timeline" of end of February shipments!

ROFL! So fail!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Looks like Josh was utterly wrong on his own predictions. I'm bumping this after you shipped < 40 Jally's after 4 months of excuses and delays since your post here.  Cheesy
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
Added...

Not giving the opportunity for a refund to a customer when shipment has been delayed is against some FTC rule:

Quoted for the benefit of the lazy:

Selling on the Internet: Prompt Delivery Rules

[...]

By law, you must have a reasonable basis for stating that a product can be shipped within a certain time. If your advertising doesn't clearly and prominently state the shipment period, you must have a reasonable basis for believing that you can ship within 30 days.

If you can't ship within the promised time (or within 30 days if you made no promise), you must notify the customer of the delay, provide a revised shipment date and explain his right to cancel and get a full and prompt refund.

For definite delays of up to 30 days, you may treat the customer's silence as agreeing to the delay. But for longer or indefinite delays - and second and subsequent delays - you must get the customer's written, electronic or verbal consent to the delay. If the customer doesn't give you his okay, you must promptly refund all the money the customer paid you without being asked by the customer.

Finally, you have the right to cancel orders that you can't fill in a timely manner, but you must promptly notify the customer of your decision and make a prompt refund.

[...]

Due to BFL's violation of this rule, most of the thousands of customer-victims have already lost more than 90% of the bitcoin denominated value
of their purchase, if BFL chooses to refunds their purchase in dollars. (Which, according to the law, they can do, at any time.)

If BFL chose to keep any portion of the pre-order funds in BTC they could, presumably legally, pocket the difference. (Some tens of thousands to hundreds of thousands of Bitcoins.)

An official statement from the payment processor on how pre-order funds were allocated would be desirable. (Your word for it doesn't cut it, Josh.)
legendary
Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
The people who backed us then came out way ahead.  People who back us now are going to come out way ahead.  The fence sitters and haters are going to lose out, and that's exactly as it should be.

Now, I feel like such a loser.

I wish I was one of those now that are way ahead leaving Avalon owners in the dust.

Damn lazy fence sitters!
Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Its a shame this Sonny guy is involved and that his father is who he is, and Inaba's agitation in this thread is a total PR failure for the company.

I know everyone has fresh burns from pirate. But when a LONG CON is so long that it becomes indistinguishable from a legitimate business, then its a legitimate business.
The people who backed us then came out way ahead.  People who back us now are going to come out way ahead.  The fence sitters and haters are going to lose out, and that's exactly as it should be.  BFL has delivered, is delivering and will continue to deliver.

Hehe.  Ya, he just didn't mention that what they are delivering are monetary losses.  BIG-time losses if one factors in the rise in BTC valuations.

Quote from: Inaba on September 22, 2012, 04:02:32 PM
"is delivering and will continue to deliver" In September? What was delivering in Sept? HIS BULLSHIT.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

Its a shame this Sonny guy is involved and that his father is who he is, and Inaba's agitation in this thread is a total PR failure for the company.

I know everyone has fresh burns from pirate. But when a LONG CON is so long that it becomes indistinguishable from a legitimate business, then its a legitimate business.
The people who backed us then came out way ahead.  People who back us now are going to come out way ahead.  The fence sitters and haters are going to lose out, and that's exactly as it should be.  BFL has delivered, is delivering and will continue to deliver.

Hehe.  Ya, he just didn't mention that what they are delivering are monetary losses.  BIG-time losses if one factors in the rise in BTC valuations.

Yeah, PR disaster alright.  God it's a nightmare, we are having trouble keeping with the doubling of our standard sales figures over the past couple days.  It's truly a disaster.

Ok, I lied... we aren't really having trouble keeping up with the 2x bump in sales.

The problem with this kind of thinking is that "normal" people are going to read this thread and come to the same conclusion the batshit insane posters here have come to.  The reality is that people outside Bitcointalk see a thread like this, see the screaming, foaming idiots posting all of this tinfoil hat shit and all these highly improbably or impossible, convoluted contortions to fit the facts into their version of reality and think "Holy shit, they are on to something here, I better go check things out."

Then they go check things out, and being normal, rational individuals that are capable of making rational, educated decisions and then place an order for the best bang-for-your-buck mining equipment out there and here we are.  The more enterprising individuals will go back and look at the BFL FGPA history, see that everyone was foaming, screaming idiots about the FPGAs and lo and behold, BFL delivered.  Now they see the same thing happening with ASIC and guess what?  "Holy shit, I don't want to miss out on that gravy train a second time." 

LOL. Wow this just keeps getting better. 4 months ago you said that. So how about that DELIVERING eh? lol
Another customer strung along by BFL to further their R/D and now that the competition has thinned out and they obviously can't make the units that low they come out with the real power figures and raise the price. Hey BFL you don't want to saturate the market so ship them slowly OK?

How long have the BFL dolts been waiting now?

Criminals at work **CAUTION**
t3c
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Bitcoin Community. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

These are not the coins you are looking for..

http://yates2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Obi-Wan.jpg
Activity: 784
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
So... anyone worried yet about BFL delivering?
No, they will.

BFL is absolutely delivering, just look at this thread.

They're not delivering ASICs, that's true, but they are delivering the stuff Bitcoin's backed by - drama.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
No, they will.
+1.  For me, the big question is WHEN.  But not even BFL really knows the answer to that, only that it will likely be soon.
Activity: 348
Merit: 250
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Sigh* Soon we will all see what happens. Maybe in four months then again don't hold it to them. haha
Activity: 602
holly f-ing molly..
from personal experience.. a scammer is a scammer (in the long run nonetheless)
they can continue taking money and giving out things back to show they are honest but if they are out to scam you they will!
with this situation there is nothing that will likely be done about it and i assume the BTC will come crashing down.

on the other hand if they deliver then it shows a change of behavior (which honestly is not common for scammers).
hope it does work out.. strange that they are so far behind delivery schedule.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

Yeah, PR disaster alright.  God it's a nightmare, we are having trouble keeping with the doubling of our standard sales figures over the past couple days.  It's truly a disaster.

Ok, I lied... we aren't really having trouble keeping up with the 2x bump in sales.

The problem with this kind of thinking is that "normal" people are going to read this thread and come to the same conclusion the batshit insane posters here have come to.  The reality is that people outside Bitcointalk see a thread like this, see the screaming, foaming idiots posting all of this tinfoil hat shit and all these highly improbably or impossible, convoluted contortions to fit the facts into their version of reality and think "Holy shit, they are on to something here, I better go check things out."

Then they go check things out, and being normal, rational individuals that are capable of making rational, educated decisions and then place an order for the best bang-for-your-buck mining equipment out there and here we are.  The more enterprising individuals will go back and look at the BFL FGPA history, see that everyone was foaming, screaming idiots about the FPGAs and lo and behold, BFL delivered.  Now they see the same thing happening with ASIC and guess what?  "Holy shit, I don't want to miss out on that gravy train a second time." 

LOL. Wow this just keeps getting better. 4 months ago you said that. So how about that DELIVERING eh? lol
Pages:
Jump to: