Author

Topic: RE-OPENED! MyBitMine.co | New Type Of Faucet | Get Bitcoin From Playing - page 137. (Read 170931 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Maybe an idear for the beta version and the finalversion, at the deposit part, make the incomming investments visible so you can see if it's confimed or awaiting confirmation?

I see your suggestion and it has been added for the beta version.

The alpha will end today at 18:00 UTC.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 564
Maybe an idear for the beta version and the finalversion, at the deposit part, make the incomming investments visible so you can see if it's confimed or awaiting confirmation?
Never got confirmation email Sad

Still from what I've seen so far this looks very interesting Smiley

Can you send a private message with your username & e-mail you signed up with?
Then I'll take a look at what happened.

Also, be sure to check your spam folder Smiley
Taras | [email protected] Wink

Could you verify me with a query? Tongue

You have been activated now Wink
This is awesome! I am excited for the release!

edit: Can we have the exchange section use textboxes instead of dropdowns? Smiley

The exchange mechanics have been completely revamped for the beta edition.
It will have text fields instead of dropdowns. The dropdowns were meant to restrict the amount that is possible to trade.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053
Please do not PM me loan requests!

This is awesome! I am excited for the release!

edit: Can we have the exchange section use textboxes instead of dropdowns? Smiley
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
So I exchanged some btc for in game iron. I lost the btc but did not gain the iron. There should be an email address on the contact page where people can report in game issues.

What is your username and how much BTC did you exchange?

There is no contact e-mail becaues I would rather keep the communication line open here.

Pm sent

legendary

legendary

So I exchanged some btc for in game iron. I lost the btc but did not gain the iron. There should be an email address on the contact page where people can report in game issues.

What is your username and how much BTC did you exchange?

There is no contact e-mail becaues I would rather keep the communication line open here.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
i can't be patience waiting beta..

and always waiting the prize.. Smiley

good luck mybitmine.. Smiley
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Sorry about the delays, gonna be quite busy this week

It is quite alright, no hurry. The Alpha will last until November 16th and there will be a Beta version shortly afterwards.

Interesting concept. Will you be accepting other coins later on?

At this moment it will be Bitcoin only. I haven't thought about the possibility of alt coins yet but will keep it as an open suggestion for later releases.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
Interesting concept. Will you be accepting other coins later on?
Activity: 322
Sound Engineer for Hire
Sorry about the delays, gonna be quite busy this week
1. I have changed the terms for the contest to exclude inactive players. Only the top 10 users with more than 0 points will be eglible for a prize.

2. I am still looking for someone more skilled than I am to swoop in and create some nice images for this game. You can read more about credits etc in the main topic.
The exchange page has been updated with dropdown menues instead of buttons, in order to make it more pleasant to look at.

The upgrade page and exchange page has also been upgraded to feel more userfriendly.
Hi,

I like the idea behind this game, just a few things I would personally change:

1. Don`t make it a pay-to-win game by offering unlimited exchange of BTC to in-game resources. This breaks all fairness and balance.

2. If you have to have Bitcoin-based bonuses, make them in a way that doesn't break balancing right away. For example, you might offer temporary boosts like double mining time without captcha, some option like a queue for upgrades, but don't make it straight pay-to-win.

3. I would personally make this game about mining cryptocurrencies, so for example, instead of starting with a goldmine and 1 worker, how about starting with 1 CPU-Miner (or a certain amount of hashpower), which you can upgrade in hashpower until you reach GPU-mining, and after upgrading that for a while you reach ASIC gen 1, and so on. In order to avoid confusion, you could create a made-up cryptocurrency like "BitMineCoin". Here is an example:

-)Player starts with 1 CPU-Miner and 10KH/s hashpower giving him 10 BitMineCoin per Captcha (or every 5 minutes). The basic price structure can remain the same, only now instead of upgrading the pickaxe, he is overclocking the cpu. And instead of buying further workers or gold ores, you can buy further PCs (later GPUs and ASICs) and f.e. solar panels. One can easily think of a replacement for the other resources as well, making coins like "BitMineScrypt" and "BitMineX13" instead of Coal and Iron.

I generally like the idea, but I think if you make it about cryptomining, more people would get an idea about the topic in general and it would just fit the theme perfectly.

If you like, you can contact me and we can discuss this further, happy to help.

Greets

Strainer

Hi Strainer and thank you very much for the attention towards this game. I have read through your suggestions.

First I'd like to say. It was actually a close call between making the game about cryptocurrency mining and resource mining. I ended up with resource mining mainly for 2 reasons. The first reason is based on what you also mention - I don't want people to mistakenly think that they are actually mining with real hardware. The second reason is that there are a ton of new cloud mining services launching every day and I do not want my game to disappear amongs these. Besides, it is slowly getting a bad reputation with the ponzies disguised as cloud mining services without any hardware, and I did not this negative reputation reflect on the game.

Regarding paid to win. The game was not intended in such a way. The game is intended to be a faucet and investing BTC should simply allow you to get upgrades faster and earn more bitcoins that way. However, during the alpha stage there is no faucet functionality other than the prizes for top 10 players. I am however close to disabling this option to deposit in the beta stage - or at least find an alternative series of reasons for people to deposit. We will see how it goes when we get there. It is however too late now based on the fact that 3 people already made deposits to enhance their odds of winning the prizes.

Your 2nd suggestion is very interesting. Giving some sort of boosts will be an excellent reason for making deposits and I will consider this as an option and try to expand on this. The game was never meant to be pay to win - I will balance out the prices for the next testing phase but leave it as it is during the alpha stage. That is why I run these tests. To see if what I have so far makes sense and to get as much feedback as possible.

I would love to hear more ideas coming from you. You already caught my attention!
Activity: 54
Merit: 10
Hi,

I like the idea behind this game, just a few things I would personally change:

1. Don`t make it a pay-to-win game by offering unlimited exchange of BTC to in-game resources. This breaks all fairness and balance.

2. If you have to have Bitcoin-based bonuses, make them in a way that doesn't break balancing right away. For example, you might offer temporary boosts like double mining time without captcha, some option like a queue for upgrades, but don't make it straight pay-to-win.

3. I would personally make this game about mining cryptocurrencies, so for example, instead of starting with a goldmine and 1 worker, how about starting with 1 CPU-Miner (or a certain amount of hashpower), which you can upgrade in hashpower until you reach GPU-mining, and after upgrading that for a while you reach ASIC gen 1, and so on. In order to avoid confusion, you could create a made-up cryptocurrency like "BitMineCoin". Here is an example:

-)Player starts with 1 CPU-Miner and 10KH/s hashpower giving him 10 BitMineCoin per Captcha (or every 5 minutes). The basic price structure can remain the same, only now instead of upgrading the pickaxe, he is overclocking the cpu. And instead of buying further workers or gold ores, you can buy further PCs (later GPUs and ASICs) and f.e. solar panels. One can easily think of a replacement for the other resources as well, making coins like "BitMineScrypt" and "BitMineX13" instead of Coal and Iron.

I generally like the idea, but I think if you make it about cryptomining, more people would get an idea about the topic in general and it would just fit the theme perfectly.

If you like, you can contact me and we can discuss this further, happy to help.

Greets

Strainer
I contacted you, Lolipop and look forward to seeing what you come up with.

The exchange page has been updated to include dropdown lists instead of buttons and the sidebar has been tweaked a little on all pages.
Jump to: