Pages:
Author

Topic: Reasons Why Bitcoin Price Drops - page 6. (Read 5323 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 251
October 26, 2017, 09:54:51 AM
maybe too many people are doing sales and few buyers. or it could be because of panic sell and I've done that.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
October 26, 2017, 07:57:35 AM
I think the major reason for the fluctuation depends on the Law of Demand and supply. There may be some specific reasons or it may depend on certain situation, but basically the forces of demand and supply always have hands on the price.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 166
October 26, 2017, 07:47:47 AM
BTC is volatile currency as we all know but the reasons behind price downfall are :

1.)Some negative words said against bitcoin by some renowned personalities which make people loose their faith in BTC and they withdraw their money
2.) Hard fork also have their affect on BTC
3.) According to supply and demand of bitcoin in economy if sellers are more price falls and vice-versa
There are some other reasons also which cause downfall to its price
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
October 26, 2017, 07:42:42 AM
One of the most common and logical explanation would be investors trying to cash out their principal amount (or at least part of) when there's profit to be taken. With that cashout, they could proceed to invest back in altcoins or choose to enter Bitcoin again at an even lower entry point.
Activity: 457
Merit: 262
October 26, 2017, 07:40:02 AM
I would like to know your opinion on what factors cause the value of Bitcoin to drop. A brief explanation helps.

The price bitcoins decreases whenever the demand decreases. The decrease in demand is caused by the countries banning bitcoins, news propaganda against bitcoin, and the affect of fork to the public. But the volatility of bitcoin circles more in the buy and sell business or the short term investments of many online users.

Demand remains almost stable. It is the major dumps which is affecting the exchange rates. The market cap of Bitcoin is still small enough for the market bears to manipulate the exchange rates through mass dumping.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
October 26, 2017, 07:36:37 AM
I would like to know your opinion on what factors cause the value of Bitcoin to drop. A brief explanation helps.

The price bitcoins decreases whenever the demand decreases. The decrease in demand is caused by the countries banning bitcoins, news propaganda against bitcoin, and the affect of fork to the public. But the volatility of bitcoin circles more in the buy and sell business or the short term investments of many online users.
Activity: 2212
Merit: 786
October 26, 2017, 07:36:07 AM
I have an opinion that the causes of BTC prices are down:
some people make negative issues like what JP Morgan did.
in addition, some technical and network improvements can make BTC prices fall.
like hardfork in last agusutus.

yeah i agree with your opinion
alot of people make bad issue about BTC
they dont know alot of people using BTC to Earn a living!!!!

Not to mention, there are a lot of external factors that affect the prices of bitcoin and contribute to its high volatility. Like you mentioned, hard forks, ICO prohibitions from countries, bitcoin ban on a country, and also by applying the law of demand and supply. Last month, bitcoin prices dropped significantly when China announced that they will ban ICOs in their country, which resulted to a massive impact on the global market of bitcoin due to the sheer volume of people who invested in that country. Lastly I want to point out that despite the irregularities and dropping of prices, bitcoin would regain its value in the market by attracting new investors per day.
Activity: 615
Merit: 258
October 26, 2017, 07:29:46 AM
I have an opinion that the causes of BTC prices are down:
some people make negative issues like what JP Morgan did.
in addition, some technical and network improvements can make BTC prices fall.
like hardfork in last agusutus.

yeah i agree with your opinion
alot of people make bad issue about BTC
they dont know alot of people using BTC to Earn a living!!!!
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
October 26, 2017, 07:25:50 AM
Bitcoin drops because Jamie Dimon wants it to, to let his daughter buy them cheaper.

Well, that is how you put it sarcastically. From the time I am using bitcoin, the time bitcoin prices go down is when the bitcoin price pumps and many investors and users thinks that the price is satisfying or that is their goal so they sell their bitcoins. I've experienced that last month where in the price hit the ATH, I am so happy, after some couple of hours the price goes down, well, that is the obvious reason, a lot of people sold their bitcoins.
Activity: 756
Merit: 251
October 26, 2017, 07:24:55 AM
The Law of Supply and Demand in Econimics. When of supply is greater than demand, the value of the product drops. Same with Bitcoin, when the number of sellers is greater than the number of buyers in a trade, the tendency is the price of it will be pulled down.

Major occurrences like the banning by China caused traders to give up their positions and that affected the price.

Exactly it is! When the demand decreases the price falls  when the supply is higher. I think the demand now is already increasing that makes the price rise since the supply is insufficient. Many people now are interested to join bitcoin. So we must probably encourage everybody to join to increase the demand and bitcoin price will rise too.
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES
October 26, 2017, 07:20:31 AM
It is because of some bad events happening with bitcoin, some country have banned it and the price dropped, bitcoin can not do anything about the regulations
Activity: 1638
Merit: 167
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
October 26, 2017, 07:13:11 AM
I think for now this bitcoin price will go down because there will be hardfork, and some people do not want to risk the hardfork that will come
Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
October 26, 2017, 07:07:29 AM
Most of the people are afraid that it is illegal or something like stolen money.
When Govt Ban, then price will usually drops.
When people hear bad news about Bitcoin.
Hackers  that threat to people.
People will get panic from news like China made.

Well, the Chinese banning some crypto currency was not the reason behind the dip in price of bitcoin because bitcoin exchange was banned in China some days ago and this cause no disrupt in bitcoin . Bitcoin market is just like every market. Although, the bitcoin volatility in nature is more absurd than every other market and the reason behind the dip in price is the forks. Because the on going fork seems not to be protective by some bitcoiner so there some kind of  2 parties in bitcoin now. Party 1 those that support BTG and those that don't. However, if you check the price is pumping now and I'm not surprise though.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1008
Free crypto every day here: discord.gg/pXB9nuZ
October 26, 2017, 02:15:42 AM
Most of the people are afraid that it is illegal or something like stolen money.

Thats right, actually bad news usually make bitcoin price drop because we (traders) selling bitcoin together. Its make price down so fast because dont want lose money when the price going down more.
Activity: 756
Merit: 103
October 26, 2017, 02:09:29 AM

Activity: 210
October 26, 2017, 02:01:06 AM
What I see is why today bitcoins are falling because of the people who sell it to buy Altcoins again. It's a hybrid, so the BTC's price increase is due to the free BTG that will be received by a BTC hold during hard fork.
Activity: 71
October 26, 2017, 01:54:34 AM
Overbought and corrections are the best reasons  Grin
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
October 26, 2017, 01:47:23 AM

Sometimes it depends on the supply and demand of owners. Some let so much bitcoins in cheap prices and this imcreases total bitcoin supply, then lowering the price to decrease surplus. If the demand is too high and everyone is hoarding, prices go up and then scarcity occurs. To put it simply, the law of supply and demand.
Yes, it just depends on the supply and demand of the people in the market. The price of bitcoin is decentralized and the market cannot be dictated so it is just depending on the people in the market. The price drops because sometimes the people are selling bitcoin because of the bad news but it is now lessen because the people are now smarter in terms of holding bitcoin.
Activity: 98
October 25, 2017, 07:56:13 PM

Price drop can be attributed to one thing - people taking out value from bitcoin. So there are people that sell all or some.
If they sold all, that means they don't believe in bitcoin as much as alt-coins, fiat, etc..., or are trying to play the high-low of short-term exchange.
If they sold some, that means the sellers realize the value, and will continue to hold their remaining btc, or sell later when they believe that bitcoin has matured further
Activity: 504
October 25, 2017, 07:22:30 PM

The usual reason for bitcoins prices going down is having a similar competition as bitcoin coming out. For example, Bitcoin Cash is a subsidiary of Bitcoin, some sort of a smaller brother of bitcoins. Another one is Bitcoin Gold. Bitcoin price also tends to go down is Bitcoin millionairs start reducing their wallets to fiat.
Pages:
Jump to: