Pages:
Author

Topic: Reasons why ICOs fail - page 13. (Read 319609 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 6
February 03, 2019, 06:46:50 PM
There are lots of accompanying reasons why ICOs fail.
Most of the scam projects I have seen, find it difficult to reach soft cap. While some of them lied they already reached softcap, where has, no investor bought it.
I knew it was going to come to that, because they know investors or even bounty participants, were looking for ICO that had meet up to that.
Activity: 574
Merit: 10
February 03, 2019, 04:53:41 PM
There are some reasons for that, but in most cases different minds in team. People are arguing about something and don't deliver promises and product!
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
February 03, 2019, 04:48:01 PM
There are plenty of reasons at the moment. I think each of us can easily fail ICO, but it is not that easy to run a quality ICO.
You know, only a few of them are hidden gems
There were even good projects that were very open, I thought they would be successful but they were closed because they could not even for six months to collect softcap, I associate it with the bear market!
Activity: 364
February 03, 2019, 04:46:12 PM
In fact, more than 50 percent of ICO are fraudulent and so they fail. Few of their good ICO also fail because of the bear market. I think that it is not necessary to invest in ICO now, it is better to wait for the appearance of tokens or coins of interesting and promising projects on the exchange.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU
February 03, 2019, 04:36:49 PM
There are plenty of reasons at the moment. I think each of us can easily fail ICO, but it is not that easy to run a quality ICO.

Yes, it is very difficult to find the same gem among all the stones, but the projects really have very high quality and promising. Choose a precious project is very difficult, it's like poking a finger at the sky.  Cool
Activity: 574
February 03, 2019, 04:21:28 PM
Activity: 364
February 03, 2019, 04:06:13 PM
I think there are a few more reasons for that. The most obvious one are the market conditions, people are not ready to invest at the moment, when everything is falling. Another good reason are scam projects, people are scared of getting tricked.
Activity: 397
Merit: 1
February 03, 2019, 03:35:05 PM
The number of responses in this thread probably should have explained all possible reasons why ICOs fail.
But I will complement some more details, for example
In my opinion the main reason for the ICOs to fail is precisely this rounding of funds.
I want to say that many times, the team itself has minimal resources for project survival!
Because if this team is not able to afford some sites to host blockexplorer and its information,
there is definitely no one who will value your project, since it does not even do it!
yes, you mean by your statement that they really can fulfill the minimum stage of ico that is going on, and that it will be easily achieved if the project has a well-known partner, this will facilitate their project to run well in the future at least the softcap stage is good for ico. but unfortunately they are not always serious about doing it for further development.
Activity: 199
February 03, 2019, 03:20:57 PM
The number of responses in this thread probably should have explained all possible reasons why ICOs fail.
But I will complement some more details, for example
In my opinion the main reason for the ICOs to fail is precisely this rounding of funds.
I want to say that many times, the team itself has minimal resources for project survival!
Because if this team is not able to afford some sites to host blockexplorer and its information,
there is definitely no one who will value your project, since it does not even do it!
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
February 03, 2019, 02:51:15 PM
ICO failed because of many factors and of course this is very detrimental to many people. Many ICO failed because I saw it difficult for them to get investors. And more and more new ICOs will certainly become more competitors. So it also has the effect that many ICO fails.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
February 03, 2019, 02:30:20 PM
Many ICO's are failing because they are not giving good concept and people are not ready to put their money in the projects which are not sustainable for long and many ico's collect money and gone. Also market conditions are not favorable for new investments from last one year.

They cannot prove that it is a perfect idea and will succeed. A lot of startups are formed every day, they always get investment if proven to be from venture capital funds
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
February 03, 2019, 02:22:29 PM
many ICOs are scams nowadays are so much sophisticated that sometimes we can see famous people promote for an ICO, or simply just using fake founders pictures to trick investors, moreover, it is so easy to find steal the money investors have given to the project, that is why people are loosing trust in ICOs.
Activity: 784
Merit: 135
DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization
February 03, 2019, 01:27:48 PM
There are cases of people just coming together to lunch ICO without any technical know how.
Instead of employing the services of expertise, they might decide to handle it themselves, thereby turning everything to shamble.
This might even cause them to lose a lot of things, thereby making people to tag them as scammers.
Probably because they don't have enough funds to hire experts, if they only had the funds they will probably not hesitate to hire someone who could help them. This is not the only reason why ICO fails though. There are a lot of factors such as poor project promotion, incompetent team and etc.
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
February 03, 2019, 01:08:42 PM
Lack of Exposure
Repetitive Ideas
Lack of vision.
Money Grabbing policies for small project a big cap.
But Though Oath protocol is going to solve every problem by its Juror panel which will independently Solve blockchain related problems.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
February 03, 2019, 12:42:26 PM
There are cases of people just coming together to lunch ICO without any technical know how.
Instead of employing the services of expertise, they might decide to handle it themselves, thereby turning everything to shamble.
This might even cause them to lose a lot of things, thereby making people to tag them as scammers.
Activity: 854
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
February 03, 2019, 11:38:10 AM
ICO's fail because many factor, bad project and failed to reach the softcap, and what often happens  is many ICOs are scam thus makes investors afraid to invest.
Activity: 756
Merit: 111
cro.baby
February 03, 2019, 11:04:17 AM
There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.

in my opinion there are several reasons why ICO can fail ... because the first sales target does not reach the lowest number, then because of the lack of trust from investors towards the ICO project they are running so there are no sales that are in line with planning ... then in my opinion that is the main factor why ICO failed
Activity: 560
February 03, 2019, 10:47:39 AM
Yes, everything is very simple. The main reason for the failure is that nobody needs the project and is not interested. Also often, the team does not know what to do next, after the sale of coins.
Activity: 616
February 03, 2019, 10:45:37 AM
Most cryptoinvestors are interested in the possibility of obtaining speculative profits. When a crypto community observes such a long fall in the entire coin market, it creates fear and the desire to invest disappears. No one wants to lose their money.
Activity: 854
February 03, 2019, 10:44:42 AM
Most of the time, the status of the cryptocurrency market affects the result of an ICO. Some are not lucky enough to raise their minimum cap because crypto investors are afraid to invest especially when the market is not stable.
Pages:
Jump to: