Pages:
Author

Topic: Reasons why ICOs fail - page 45. (Read 319609 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
August 02, 2018, 11:25:03 PM
Developers too plan a lot, overestimate their abilities, and ultimately can not finish the project to the end. On the other hand, if a marketing campaign is unorganized, unable to attract investors well, few people invest their money, and that means no development funds.
Activity: 75
August 02, 2018, 11:17:47 PM
Main reason would be most of these ICOs are just created to raise funds and eventually run away when they have raised enough money from noob investors but people today are more aware what these ICOS are doing that is why most people have raised their standards in picking ICOs that is why mosdt of the ICOs today are failing because they might see some redflags.
August 02, 2018, 11:13:18 PM
The main reason for ico's failure is because there are too many people but no knowledge and experience to develop the project.
They jumped to ICO because they just follow the trend and they see it as an opportunity just to make a quick profit.
Activity: 938
Merit: 502
August 02, 2018, 06:19:22 PM
There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.
Those reasons are really reasonable and logic. Yet many guys are telling some stuff like 92% of ICO are scam and similar. I dont count the ICO which fails by a reason listed above as a scam.

I think that you are right. A lot of projects are falling due to the reasons stated above. This are nit scam projects in my opinion.
For me scam is a project that has no intention of building or developing anything, but just try to collect money.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
August 02, 2018, 06:15:54 PM
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
Those reasons are really reasonable and logic. Yet many guys are telling some stuff like 92% of ICO are scam and similar. I dont count the ICO which fails by a reason listed above as a scam.
Activity: 327
Merit: 100
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
August 02, 2018, 06:02:40 PM
Some ICOs fail because their projects are unclaimed and therefore do not attract so much money!

I agree with you. Because really not all we are doing a good and bring to us some profit. For real time it is very difficult to find really good ICO Project.
copper member
Activity: 266
Merit: 2
Ako Bayot!
August 02, 2018, 06:03:26 AM
Yeah it is a bit complicated when it comes to investing in an ICO projects. As we all know that there could be so many projects to choose from and only few of it are good. The reason is that the number of investors will be compromised by the number of the ICO project being introduced in the market.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
August 02, 2018, 05:59:17 AM
Now to find a really good project is very difficult, because most of it is a Scam, and even if the project is not a Scam, then it still makes no sense to invest in it because after the ICO, the tokens of this project will surely cost several times cheaper than they should have cost.
Activity: 97
August 02, 2018, 05:49:24 AM
First, many investors have stopped trusting ICO because it has become risky. In addition, great competition, the lack of new ideas, great demands
Activity: 182
August 02, 2018, 05:39:32 AM

The most responsible is the greed of the developers, and they are to blame for the fact that the ICO ended in failure.
For me one should understand that in the cryptocurrency industry there is always the risk of losing money, it is a game, you are not smart, it will lose.
August 02, 2018, 01:46:38 AM
The cryptocurrency that has the most failure rate is due to the team and the product shall have no significance in the market at the current moment, team collaboration at one point ceases to exist for which the company cannot function anymore
Activity: 448
Merit: 11
August 02, 2018, 12:40:56 AM
The number of ICO that failed, because of the scam project which we know that more people are interested in the crypto. Many projects sell dreams and are unable to prove what they have planned in the roadmap or whitepaper
Plus people who want quick benefits that immediately sell their tokens once they get, regardless of value without thinking about investors
There are some ICOs that look good but eventually turn into scams, either because they are just fraudster who sell dreams or fail to reach softcap / highcap
Activity: 60
August 02, 2018, 12:34:45 AM
They fail because they are poorly developed ideas
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
August 02, 2018, 12:32:10 AM
I think the reason is that the demand for the product is very low, and the market is overloaded.
There should be a better marketing strategy for branding, Another reason is a team that does not know the direction of development according to market desires.
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
August 01, 2018, 11:50:32 PM
The #1 reason why ICOs fail is simply because the startup sucks at business.
This can be manifested in so many ways: from copying other projects to failed marketing.

In the real world, the failure rate of startups are around 90%.
We live in a global economy that works against grass roots businesses.
Yet people still chase this dream of starting your own business and making it big.
The 10% that don't fail most of them just sell off to a bigger company and cash out.
Why would the crypto space be better?

In fact, the ease at which you can start an ICO just makes it worse.
This entire ICO bubble will burst and many believe it already has this year.
Activity: 123
August 01, 2018, 11:46:36 PM
All related to the product. If ICO has no product and does not plan to launch in the short term, it can be said to have failed.
I am always looking for a team with a reputable product reputation and if it is logical then I will invest my money without hesitation.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 102
July 30, 2018, 11:36:08 AM
Well ICOs feed on the lack of knowledge of investors. If we, the investors don't buy those scams and do a little research, then those scammers would go in loss and then only the good projects will be launched and the scammers would stop trying. And i think there needs to be some kind of regulations for ICOs.
Activity: 191
July 30, 2018, 11:34:29 AM
Many of them are projects that scam. And there are still many projects that used only to scam investors. And you should be able to find a very nice ICO project by doing this research. And if you can get a good project will certainly be successful.
Activity: 134
Merit: 5
July 30, 2018, 11:29:16 AM
ico project failure due to lack of investor interest in the project, this is mostly due to the team involved in it has not had popularity in the field, so investors are unsure of the success of the project.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
July 30, 2018, 11:28:40 AM
Yes I agree that there are a lot of ICOs that failed. I think the main reason is the lack of preparation and original concept. They should planned it very carefully and the idea behind the project is must be authentic to make it stand out from the others. Another reason might be the weak marketing strategy.
Pages:
Jump to: