Pages:
Author

Topic: Reasons why ICOs fail - page 49. (Read 319609 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 100
July 25, 2018, 03:15:57 PM
The main reason for me is unambiguous: very weak all crypto market in general. The market has fallen more than by 3 times for the last half a year. It creates panic on all cryptocurrency! Therefore now it is necessary to be especially attentive at the choice of the project for investments!
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
July 25, 2018, 11:34:40 AM
In my opinion, all Initial Coin Offerings fail because they just don't want to spend much time in developing the project or they just want to take all the raised money and live a very expensive life. To be honest, all ICOs can somehow be successful if there was enough effort put in the promotion and further development
Activity: 39
July 25, 2018, 11:31:05 AM
The main reason I think they fail is due to lack of proper planning and truly understanding the market. You will struggle or find it extremely difficult to succeed in something you don't understand too well or planned for. It is simple mathematics.
Activity: 70
July 25, 2018, 11:28:57 AM
The tokens created must provide practicality in the ecosystem they are in and can increase the network effect. ICO tokens must be part of the company's business model. Many tokens are not practical, and failure is a matter of course.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
July 25, 2018, 09:50:22 AM
The biggest reason is greed.

They are asking 40-50 million dollars for some crappy app and they are selling %40 of the tokens.

Why would anyone should join that?
Someone joins because people are easily attracted to something that they think is good. though there are so many scams of ICO scams, and this is very disturbing bitcoin users. may those deceivers be aware of their deeds that are harmful to the people.
sometimes the failed ICO happens for several reasons. Of course the first concept is, if the concept is good, of course there will be many investors who will come to invest. after that, a professional team, advertising, and preparation are thorough about this.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
July 25, 2018, 09:45:24 AM

They are asking 40-50 million dollars for some crappy app and they are selling %40 of the tokens.

Someone joins because people are easily attracted to something that they think is good. though there are so many scams of ICO scams, and this is very disturbing bitcoin users. may those deceivers be aware of their deeds that are harmful to the people.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
July 25, 2018, 09:39:47 AM

Yeah, i find that hilarious. they want 40 million dollars and also want to hold the biggest part of the tokens. So at the end it causes fail.

If i would have some utility token, i would put an feature which causes burning a ratio of token with use. Nearly zero ico doing that.
Activity: 402
Merit: 19
July 25, 2018, 09:39:18 AM
Most ICOs just promise to investors that they will deliver something then collect money. Go with ICOs with strong team and with MVPs to make sure product will be there soon
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
July 25, 2018, 09:36:57 AM

Activity: 134
July 25, 2018, 09:34:18 AM
In addition, Ultimately every cryptocurrency is a startup and has a team of founders running it. In order for the cryptocurrency to effectively navigate from ICO phase to mass-market levels, it needs a solid founding team. Before choosing to invest in a cryptocurrency ICO, make sure to look into the team's background and evaluate whether they have the skill sets and capabilities to execute the project.
Activity: 98
July 25, 2018, 08:30:23 AM
There are many ICOs out there, but more than 50% of them fail.
From my analogy, could this be the reasons why ICOs fail?
1. Being too complicated:
If you want investors to favour your ICO, make sure they understand your coin offering. Be concise yet interesting, creative yet not too ‘techy’ and try to explain concepts from scratch. Of course, the detail you go into is likely to depend on your target audience.
2. No unique Use case and lack of creativity:
The reality is, ICOs are not straightforward and with new ideas and concepts arising daily, you need to get noticed and that means coming up with some unique Use case
So, before a developer even attempts to launch an ICO or enter the crypto world, ask yourself: "What will make investors choose this particular ICO over a competitor’s ICO?"
I believe the list continues.

I will not attribute the fail of most ICO to the complexity of the project or investors failure to identify unique use case scenario of the coin.
I am highly aware that All crypto projects have certain target problems in our society that they aim at addressing.
An investors interest in an ICO of a project may not be focused on the complexity of the ICO but rather, what he stands to gain should the project pull through to success.

An investor may look at the chances of his investment bringing a higher return after ICO or causing him a great loss after ICO.
If an investor sense money in a project, i bet he would not mind investing half of his life endings into that project.
However, if an investor sense scam or feels that project is not visionary, chances are he will feeel ill to invest even a dim into the project regardless the creativity.

ICO investors are all about the end result and what the stand to gain after ICO. if they see dark light, they run away, if they see bright light, they smile and welcome it into their finances.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002
July 25, 2018, 08:07:49 AM
Most of them are not aiming to have success even at the initial stage, the only goal is to get free money. So this is the reason, for failure.  I would suggest to visit www.icoguide.com they have very realistic rates.
Yes, I agree, although there are still some of them who have a high level of success, this does not guarantee that the ICO has the same level of success. Even I personally do not have an interest in ICO that promises big profits and high success rates. Because I have a very disappointing experience in the ICO project so until now I don't trust them, as you say I agree with that.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
July 25, 2018, 07:22:40 AM
I do not think that 50% of failed ICOs is too much. In any business, percentage of loss-making campaigns is high. If we take the sphere of startups, only one project out of ten survives there. So, it is not so bad in the field of ICO as it is given in media

In February it was reported that 46 % of the ICO from 2017 has been already failed. And additional 113 were classified  as semi -failed .
That means that their teams stopped communicating with social media or they have so small community that they have no chance for
success. So in February 59 % of 2017 ICOs were already failed or on the way of failure.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
July 25, 2018, 07:16:53 AM
Most of them are not aiming to have success even at the initial stage, the only goal is to get free money. So this is the reason, for failure.  I would suggest to visit www.icoguide.com they have very realistic rates.
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
July 25, 2018, 07:13:25 AM
Some ICOs fail because their projects are unclaimed and therefore do not attract so much money!
Activity: 364
Merit: 37
PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE
July 25, 2018, 07:10:30 AM
reason is simple: the bunch of swindlers just want to get free money, that investors will share with them for beautiful whitepaper
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
July 25, 2018, 07:08:42 AM
Is not it clear why? I just wrote about the greed of people. The very fact of having uncontrolled greed moves people to invest or deceive another group of people. This is a desperate situation.
Activity: 140
July 25, 2018, 07:05:12 AM
The main factor is about their product / idea behind the project, it didnt meet the investor expectations. When they didn't run the project based on their roadmap it could lead to a failure either, well i think its all about marketing and following the trends too since conventional business is more familiar to the society comparedto those coin offering.
Activity: 310
Merit: 102
JACS.tech
July 25, 2018, 06:34:14 AM
IMO, one of the reasons that many ICOs (even if they are for real) fail is the project owners' attitude when they see big money flowing into their wallet, they then forget about their promises, dreams and initial goals for which they went for crowd fund first place
Activity: 140
July 25, 2018, 05:42:46 AM
This is open economy. any one can enter any one can leave. as anyone can enter even scammers enter. I think that's what happens to Crypto marekt as well. it is up to you to choose legit ICOs.
Pages:
Jump to: