Author

Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers. - page 184. (Read 636443 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386

Top Climate Alarmist Paul Ehrlich Predicts People Will Be Forced To “Eat The Bodies of Your Dead” Because of Global Warming Apocalypse…

Ehrlich, a Stanford University biologist famous for his widely debunked book “The Population Bomb,” doubled down on his climate change and overpopulation fear-mongering with HuffPost Live on May 21. Ehrlich warned host Josh Zepps that the dangers of overpopulation are growing, blaming Republicans and the media for failing to take action. While hawking a new book called “Hope On Earth,” Ehrlich’s co-author Michael Tobias praised Ehrlich’s older, outrageously wrong predictions and said they underestimated the problem.

Ehrlich, after falsely predicting  human “oblivion” 46 years ago, told Zepps humans must soon begin contemplating “eat[ing] the bodies of your dead” after resources are depleted.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/sean-long/2014/05/22/alarmist-paul-ehrlich-predicts-need-eat-bodies-your-dead

Wasn't Ehrlich a big Global Cooling guy back in the 1970s and 1980s? 

The Direct Beer Injection method looks promising.
legendary

Top Climate Alarmist Paul Ehrlich Predicts People Will Be Forced To “Eat The Bodies of Your Dead” Because of Global Warming Apocalypse…
I'm going into the Barbeque Sauce business.

Just at the right time.

The future is looking great!
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

Ehrlich, a Stanford University biologist famous for his widely debunked book “The Population Bomb,” doubled down on his climate change and overpopulation fear-mongering with HuffPost Live on May 21. Ehrlich warned host Josh Zepps that the dangers of overpopulation are growing, blaming Republicans and the media for failing to take action. While hawking a new book called “Hope On Earth,” Ehrlich’s co-author Michael Tobias praised Ehrlich’s older, outrageously wrong predictions and said they underestimated the problem.

Ehrlich, after falsely predicting  human “oblivion” 46 years ago, told Zepps humans must soon begin contemplating “eat[ing] the bodies of your dead” after resources are depleted.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/sean-long/2014/05/22/alarmist-paul-ehrlich-predicts-need-eat-bodies-your-dead

legendary

Shocked Shocked Sea Level Rise Will Claim Statue of Liberty  Shocked Shocked

Climate change and sea level rise are threatening historic US landmarks, from the Statue of Liberty to NASA’s coastal rocket launch sites, and the nation needs to prepare, scientists said.

They include the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island in New York Harbor, which was the entry point for 14 million immigrants from 1886 to 1924.

Sea level has risen 12 inches (30 centimeters) around New York City over the past century, the report said.

Then came Hurricane Sandy in 2012, which flooded most of Liberty Island and all of Ellis Island, destroying most of their infrastructure and forcing their closure for months.

New York is now rebuilding electrical systems on the islands “as much as 20 feet above sea level and designing the heating and air conditioning systems to withstand flooding,” the report said.

http://news.yahoo.com/climate-change-endangers-historic-us-landmarks-205113559.html

More nonsense?

The base level of the Statue of Libery is >65 feet above sea level.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

Shocked Shocked Sea Level Rise Will Claim Statue of Liberty  Shocked Shocked

Climate change and sea level rise are threatening historic US landmarks, from the Statue of Liberty to NASA’s coastal rocket launch sites, and the nation needs to prepare, scientists said.

They include the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island in New York Harbor, which was the entry point for 14 million immigrants from 1886 to 1924.

Sea level has risen 12 inches (30 centimeters) around New York City over the past century, the report said.

Then came Hurricane Sandy in 2012, which flooded most of Liberty Island and all of Ellis Island, destroying most of their infrastructure and forcing their closure for months.

New York is now rebuilding electrical systems on the islands “as much as 20 feet above sea level and designing the heating and air conditioning systems to withstand flooding,” the report said.

http://news.yahoo.com/climate-change-endangers-historic-us-landmarks-205113559.html

Activity: 910
Merit: 1004
buy silver!

The fallacy is believing that carbon is a green house gas, water vapor in the air causes more warming.  What about the sun...north pole migration...doesnt volcanoes cool the planet?  These are some of the things I never hear the global warming crowd talking about.  Answer this?  Where did all the carbon come from in the past?  Was it man-made or natural.

I'm tired of the nonsense from you loons, but i can't pass this last one up.  No one believes "carbon" is a green house gas.  Pure idiocy.  "Where did it come from!?!"
Carbon is not a green house gas.

Carbon is not a gas except at >5000F temperature.

You need to think before talking.

And where in any way human accessible is carbon a gas ?  Yes, every element can become a gas AFAIK.  We are talking within the context of global warming.   Thinking of Carbon as a gas has anything to do global warming demonstrates with 100% certainty why you guys were shutdown on Reddit.

"Affirming these findings in 2013, the IPCC stated that the largest driver of global warming is carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming
cp1
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Stop using branwallets
That graph's really misleading -- it seems to try to say that anthropogenic activity is not important; however, that extra 3.5% is above what is able to be taken up by the biosphere, and so it is excess CO2 that is dumped into the atmosphere and oceans.  If we didn't have that extra 3.5% the CO2 mixing ratio wouldn't be increasing.

PS you made dwma's point that you don't understand what carbon is.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

The fallacy is believing that carbon is a green house gas, water vapor in the air causes more warming.  What about the sun...north pole migration...doesnt volcanoes cool the planet?  These are some of the things I never hear the global warming crowd talking about.  Answer this?  Where did all the carbon come from in the past?  Was it man-made or natural.

I'm tired of the nonsense from you loons, but i can't pass this last one up.  No one believes "carbon" is a green house gas.  Pure idiocy.  "Where did it come from!?!"

And where in any way human accessible is carbon a gas ?  Yes, every element can become a gas AFAIK.  We are talking within the context of global warming.   Thinking of Carbon as a gas has anything to do global warming demonstrates with 100% certainty why you guys were shutdown on Reddit.

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

I'm tired of the nonsense from you loons, but i can't pass this last one up.  No one believes "carbon" is a green house gas.  Pure idiocy.  "Where did it come from!?!"

And where in any way human accessible is carbon a gas ?  Yes, every element can become a gas AFAIK.  We are talking within the context of global warming.   Thinking of Carbon as a gas has anything to do global warming demonstrates with 100% certainty why you guys were shutdown on Reddit.
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
The report cites a statement by Kellogg’s to the Carbon Disclosure Project last year in which the company notes the growing risks inflicted by climate change.

Kellogg’s said that could raise prices for both Corn Flakes and Frosted Flakes.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/206637-climate-change-may-ruin-breakfast

You mean that CLIMATE CHANGE might have as much of an effect on corn flakes prices as the stupid US Corn-to-Ethanol program?

I'll have to think about which I should worry about ....

For about a microsecond.

One more insanity needed to be added to that site along all the other insanities blamed on global warming...

legendary
The report cites a statement by Kellogg’s to the Carbon Disclosure Project last year in which the company notes the growing risks inflicted by climate change.

http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/206637-climate-change-may-ruin-breakfast

You mean that CLIMATE CHANGE might have as much of an effect on corn flakes prices as the stupid US Corn-to-Ethanol program?

I'll have to think about which I should worry about ....

For about a microsecond.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

The fallacy is believing that carbon is a green house gas, water vapor in the air causes more warming.  What about the sun...north pole migration...doesnt volcanoes cool the planet?  These are some of the things I never hear the global warming crowd talking about.  Answer this?  Where did all the carbon come from in the past?  Was it man-made or natural.

if only Cheesy
legendary

Activity: 166
Merit: 100
Science can only predict the outcome of any event, but not with 100% accuracy.

I do not think anyone will know for sure what will happen tomorrow let alone the temperature of earth some years down the road.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
I'll have to say that sheeple people appear to be developing a resistance to bullshit, what a great improvement from a decade or two ago. I'm sure the demise of the idiot box has a lot to do with it.

Infact, I think you've got "them" on the run here.  Grin

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

legendary
minds.com/Wilikon

A new report out Tuesday says climate change might increase the price of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes by 30 percent in the next 15 years.

The Oxfam study draws from the recent slew of reports released by the Obama administration and the United Nations to argue that climate change will hike prices on raw agricultural goods.

Oxfam estimates that changing weather patterns like hurricanes and drought could drive up grain prices, which will hurt the retail price of Kellogg’s Corn Flakes in the U.S. by roughly 30 percent and about 40 percent in the United Kingdom.

Activity: 675
Merit: 514
The sun's radiation doesn't change very much. About 0.2% or so in a 11 year cycle. 2009 was a record low, I think.
The north pole doesn't move very much. Only the magnetic pole.
Big vulcano eruptions are cooling the planet for a year or two, but usually not for decades.
One upon a time all the carbon has been in the air as CO2. Then the plants appeared on earth and split up the CO2.
Dead plants and microbes got buried in the ground and created oil and coal.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1004
buy silver!
There is no such thing as "settled science." Science is a constantly evolving body of knowledge that by its very nature should demand an ever higher burden of proof.

They called the lipid hypothesis settled science, there was a time when it was a "scientific fact" that the smallest particles in the universe were atoms. It was very recently that it was "settled science" that no particle of matter could be in two places at the same time. All of these "facts" have been tested and shown to be either over simplifications or just wrong.

Any one that calls something "settled science" is trying to shut down a conversation. The next step is to label those that disagree and then to isolate them.

I don't if man made global warming actually occurs. I am no scientist, but i do know that using intellectual and economic fascism to silence opposition is not science.

Yes, people are allowed to have any and all opinions.  Just like others are allowed to ignore fringe elements in order to be productive.

The simple fact is ignoring this issue will have exceptionally grave consequences if man-made global warming is true.  These guys want to wait for "proof" which will only exist after the climate and ecosystem as we know it has been destroyed.

I can ask a 100th time what the fallacy with the basic cause behind global warming is and the question will be removed from the quote and ignored for the 100th time.

Jump to: