Pages:
Author

Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers. - page 69. (Read 636445 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386

It's pollution because it changes the way ecosystem works. That's the definition.
That makes zero sense.

Unscientific, politically biased propaganda.

The carbon cycle is well understood.

No you're stupid. If humans change the concentration of CO2, the carbon cycle changes. That's all.

No, the carbon cycle does not change one bit.  I don't think you even understand what you are saying.  Even IF in worst case nutcase zealot Warmer the polar ice cap melted, the carbon cycle would not change.

However, if you actually believe that, support it with actual facts, instead of proclaiming people stupid.
Activity: 840
Merit: 529

It's pollution because it changes the way ecosystem works. That's the definition.
That makes zero sense.

No you're stupid. If humans change the concentration of CO2, the carbon cycle changes. That's all.
I just think it´s staggering. All life is based on plants and they love CO2. Which is supposed to be a major threat to civilization and probably the future of mankind. I just hope that these world savers don´t decide that the exhalation of CO2 by  humans and animals is such a threat to life that it necessitates mass extermination.

That's not the point...

H2O too is a base of life, but give it too much and it sinks everything...

Nature is a question of Balance.

The point is that idiots think that CO2 is some sort of pollution. They have that from somewhere. Maybe it´s in elementary school curriculum. It´s certainly seen in garbage media and they probably have it from some scientists.

Trees love CO2

And so on...
Animals love oxygene, so? What does it prove? CO2 takes the place of oxygene so we can say it's bad for animals!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
I just think it´s staggering. All life is based on plants and they love CO2. Which is supposed to be a major threat to civilization and probably the future of mankind. I just hope that these world savers don´t decide that the exhalation of CO2 by  humans and animals is such a threat to life that it necessitates mass extermination.

That's not the point...

The point is that idiots think that CO2 is some sort of pollution. They have that from somewhere. Maybe it´s in elementary school curriculum. It´s certainly seen in garbage media and they probably have it from some scientists.

Trees love CO2

yea but we cut trees. Sad
legendary

That makes zero sense.

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon

That's not the point...

Trees love CO2

Activity: 476
Merit: 252
There´s record crops these years and most commodities prices at a multi-year low. I guess this so called pollution should be blamed for that at least partly. The world is drowning in food. Every cloud has a silver lining.

Hmm... Nothing to do with pesticides or anything like progress in agricultural industry?
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

That's not the point...

Activity: 826
Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

How can I have any time to learn stuff?

I am busy unlearning wrong things.

I know how that goes man!  Fortunately for me I make it a point to hardly ever 'know' anything but rather just consider something to be highly probable or highly improbable...or more usually somewhere in between of course.

Well only considering things as being probable... It means you won't go very far :/

Better that than 'a long way the wrong way' or so far that I don't have enough gas to get back when I figure out that I've taken a wrong turn.  That's the way I see it and it seems to work fine for me.

Not sure, better go somewhere than staying at the same place.
Activity: 616
There´s record crops these years and most commodities prices at a multi-year low. I guess this so called pollution should be blamed for that at least partly. The world is drowning in food. Every cloud has a silver lining.

legendary

That's not the point...

Above a level of around 7000 parts per million, humans begin to have headaches and other negatives from the CO2 level.  Optimal levels of CO2 for greenhouse growing of plants are well understood.  Yes, the propaganda to the masses indicates CO2 is a pollutant.  Pure and simple.

Activity: 616

That's not the point...

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

I know how that goes man!  Fortunately for me I make it a point to hardly ever 'know' anything but rather just consider something to be highly probable or highly improbable...or more usually somewhere in between of course.

Well only considering things as being probable... It means you won't go very far :/

Better that than 'a long way the wrong way' or so far that I don't have enough gas to get back when I figure out that I've taken a wrong turn.  That's the way I see it and it seems to work fine for me.

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

legendary
There is no significant correlation between CO2 ppm and atmospheric temperature whether measured by thermometers or satellite.

That would be utterly surprising, probably not true, and does not seem to be in observation.

There does appear to be a statistically significant correlation between the length of women's skirts and global temperature.  But correlation is not causation.

Fine, but that's not what you said.  Or what I said for that matter.

I cannot teach you if you are not prepared to learn.  LOL.

Do fashion designers in Paris actually drive global temperature?

Maybe.  I'll pop out a hypothesis since that is one of the things that I enjoy doing:

- Media coverage of a fashion show --> demand

--> Some factory in Indonesia ramps up production --> Some power plant operates at higher capacity producing more waste-water.

--> Some algae bloom changes ocean currents around some island.

--> butterfly effect sparks and el-nino in the pacific --> global temps up that year (or la-nina --> down if you prefer.)

If you like the hypothesis, you can keep it.  Do some calcs and measurements and maybe it will produce enough interest for me to re-visit it, else, like most of my hypotheses, I'll never think about it again.

That's not the point...

Activity: 476
Merit: 252
Yo dogg, did you know that "nuggs" are made with CO2?

"incredibly DANK"

Yo dogg, did you know that apple are made of cyanure? Must be good.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
Yo dogg, did you know that "nuggs" are made with CO2?

"incredibly DANK"
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

Your comic is funny ut without any kind of source it's hard to say if you're right or wrong Wink

But funny anyway!
Pages:
Jump to: