Pages:
Author

Topic: Reddit’s science forum banned climate deniers. - page 82. (Read 636443 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
It is currently raining and 5C outside ATM. The temperature is expected to drop 15 degrees Celsius over the next 12 -18 hours.

I MUST BE FREAKIN INSANE TO BELIEVE THAT THIS IS ANYTHING BUT NORMAL... Roll Eyes

Yes, you are.

This is a phenomena called a Cold Front.

Show me ANYWHERE in the world where such drastic temperature swings are common.

This "cold front" hit so hard.. so fast.. that it knocked out the newest and weakest link/ "state of the art" bridge.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/nipigon-river-bridge-closed-transcanada-1.3397831

Sudbury began to rumble at approximately the same time.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/sudbury-earthquakes-jan10-1.3398208

maybe you better stay away from saskatchewan where 30 degree temperature swings are very common.
Actually, from the humidity, wind, and temperature record presented, it certainly does look like "front passage."  By the way, a more accurate number would be to go from (say) 12 noon one day, to 12 noon the next.  Or max min for the 2 days.  As presented there is likely 5C error in the range due to differing times.

By the way, you certainly can use statistical variance to determine significant variation from climatic norms.  All the records are available to do this, at least in the USA I know.  You can just use the last 30 years, that should be fine.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1004
buy silver!
It is currently raining and 5C outside ATM. The temperature is expected to drop 15 degrees Celsius over the next 12 -18 hours.

I MUST BE FREAKIN INSANE TO BELIEVE THAT THIS IS ANYTHING BUT NORMAL... Roll Eyes

Yes, you are.

This "cold front" hit so hard.. so fast.. that it knocked out the newest and weakest link/ "state of the art" bridge.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thunder-bay/nipigon-river-bridge-closed-transcanada-1.3397831

maybe you better stay away from saskatchewan where 30 degree temperature swings are very common.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

Yes, you are.

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
Ah, Orthorexia nervosa.  Grin

OFFICIALS Declare ‘Eating Healthy’ A Mental Disorder

It´s so ####### dumb that I can´t even bring myself to posting the text. You´ll have to search for it if interested.

For much of my life I considered 'eating healthy' to be kind of an indicator of benign fruitcakeism.  At least when practiced rigorously.  Now that I have a better understanding of what kinds of genetic modifications are being performed in some GMO's, not so much.  I still eat way to much shit food though.  Oh well.

It will be interesting to see if this particular mental disorder will be one of those used to preclude one from owning a firearm here in the land of the free.

Eating healthy is double plus good talk for "organic foods."

Check this out to see how disgusting this is.

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2013/10/01/beaver-butts-emit-goo-used-for-vanilla-flavoring/

beavis!!

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386

It´s so ####### dumb that I can´t even bring myself to posting the text. You´ll have to search for it if interested.

For much of my life I considered 'eating healthy' to be kind of an indicator of benign fruitcakeism.  At least when practiced rigorously.  Now that I have a better understanding of what kinds of genetic modifications are being performed in some GMO's, not so much.  I still eat way to much shit food though.  Oh well.

It will be interesting to see if this particular mental disorder will be one of those used to preclude one from owning a firearm here in the land of the free.

Eating healthy is double plus good talk for "organic foods."

Check this out to see how disgusting this is.

http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2013/10/01/beaver-butts-emit-goo-used-for-vanilla-flavoring/

legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
The idiot that was prime minister when the banks crashed is now an ambassador in Washington DC, doing great for a few years until he retires. Failure isn´t always punished.

It is likely that for Washington he did a great job.

Anyway, whatever. Peace man.

Ahah! Very true! If he failed the people it was for the benefit of something/someone else... And this someone gave him the post. Failure is punished, but failing the weaks (the people) for the strongs is not  Grin

Out of sight, out of mind is part of it. He wasn´t terribly popular here after the crash so it was good for him to disappear.
Activity: 756
Merit: 100
The idiot that was prime minister when the banks crashed is now an ambassador in Washington DC, doing great for a few years until he retires. Failure isn´t always punished.

Ahah! Very true! If he failed the people it was for the benefit of something/someone else... And this someone gave him the post. Failure is punished, but failing the weaks (the people) for the strongs is not  Grin
legendary

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038
It works the same all over the western world and beyond. Obedience is the name of the game.

Makes me think of a famous quote I just read:

"Since I entered politics, I have chiefly had men's views confided to me privately. Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and manufacture, are afraid of something. They know that there is a power somewhere so organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it." -- Woodrow Wilson

It works the same all over the western world and beyond. Obedience is the name of the game.
They have landed in jail and more on the way there. I think 17 have been jailed already and it could be 40 eventually. It´s sentences from 1-5 years or so.

Way to go. And do icelander also gaggle over the AGW propaganda in general?

Not so much. But I doubt that people here take it all that seriously. The government does though, it´s the international line that they all everywhere seem to follow.

Hmyea, seems people can't get into politics these days without co-opting this fraudulent tax scheme.

Well, it´s also a gravy-train which probably is an incentive for them. There are conferences everywhere and travel and expenses paid etc. It´s a good life. Obedient politicians here and there then land cozy jobs at the U.N., NATO and wherever else they recycle politicians that are past their expiry date. It´s pretty corrupt but it´s sugarcoated corruption so nobody talks about it.
legendary
They have landed in jail and more on the way there. I think 17 have been jailed already and it could be 40 eventually. It´s sentences from 1-5 years or so.

Not so much. But I doubt that people here take it all that seriously. The government does though, it´s the international line that they all everywhere seem to follow.

Hmyea, seems people can't get into politics these days without co-opting this fraudulent tax scheme.

Not so much. But I doubt that people here take it all that seriously. The government does though, it´s the international line that they all everywhere seem to follow. It´s the same with the NATO war propaganda, you spot the translations both in TV and the papers. It´s a common script.
legendary

They have landed in jail and more on the way there. I think 17 have been jailed already and it could be 40 eventually. It´s sentences from 1-5 years or so. Things are pretty great, economy is fine, unemployment very low, incredible number of tourists. It´s looking up. If you´re an expert in cooking or other popular services I recommend you move here.
legendary
I´m betting that the Hippie is in Canada since he uses celsius.

Canadians use both Celsius and Fahrenheit, it's the commie French bastards that tend towards Système International units of measure.

All right, I´ve analyzed his colloquialism to some degree and think he´s an American living in Canada. Now; where do you think I am?

Well I can tell you're using the French Canadian keyboard layout with a skull & crossed swords avatar so I'll venture to guess you're biker living in Montreal.

Not even close I´m afraid. Another continent.

What keyboard layout are you using that produces ´ in place of a ' ?

edit:

OK, I did a Google search and "galdur" is Icelandic.

Yeah, I´m an Icelander in Iceland.

So how's life in iceland? I heard you 'purged' your filthy bankers since the last crisis?
Activity: 756
Merit: 100

If you doubt what I said, let's just take total energy from the sun, total energy used by man in a recent year, and compare them.

These sorts of numbers are available.

You know what? It's a good question!

I wonder if it's right... Cause of course what you should take into account is the very tiny fraction of the sun energy that hit the Earth and is absorbed. Which is not so much in fact, this heat alone wouldn't be enough for the temperature to be above -100°C, other processes create the heat on earth.

The calculus could be done, not sure there is absolutely no impact you know :3
I´m betting that the Hippie is in Canada since he uses celsius.

Canadians use both Celsius and Fahrenheit, it's the commie French bastards that tend towards Système International units of measure.

All right, I´ve analyzed his colloquialism to some degree and think he´s an American living in Canada. Now; where do you think I am?

Well I can tell you're using the French Canadian keyboard layout with a skull & crossed swords avatar so I'll venture to guess you're biker living in Montreal.

Not even close I´m afraid. Another continent.

What keyboard layout are you using that produces ´ in place of a ' ?

edit:

OK, I did a Google search and "galdur" is Icelandic.

Yeah, I´m an Icelander in Iceland.
Pages:
Jump to: