Pages:
Author

Topic: Regulations or Anonymity - page 2. (Read 1051 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 10
March 02, 2019, 12:12:15 AM
Using KYC, in my opinion, is not necessary. Because basically everyone here is just anonymous. And KYC is usually only used for large investors. It should be good rules and not curb everyone at Crypto.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
March 02, 2019, 12:03:00 AM
This KYC, regulation bla bla bla will not make cryptocurrency successful. People will not use it anymore uf there is a way to regulate. People want decentralization, people want to be anonymous, they want no one to interfere with their asset.
Activity: 420
March 02, 2019, 12:02:48 AM
Worst thing about cryptocurrency is that there is no regulation applied on every new project, especially a project that opening an ICO to collect some fund.
That will be able to cut off any possibilities of scam project that spreading so much in crypto world.
Activity: 2282
Merit: 505
March 02, 2019, 12:00:44 AM
If you want regulations go to stock market.
If you want anonymity then choose cryptocurrencies that give us opportunity to be free again.
Cryptocurrency has no anonymity. I have already transferred all my data to the stock exchanges. Tell me what can be anonymity?
KYC kills the anonymity so what we need right now is the regulations, because if there is no strong regulations then our datas can be use in black market and its possible to be hack. Regulations can increase the trust rating, but hopefully it will be more effective. Don’t be afraid if the government regulate cryptocurrency because if its a good regulation then its a sign of acceptance.
But remember almost all of coins are pegged with the centralized exchange site which so many of them are giving mandatory to the users to use KYC verification of they wanna increaseing their withdrawal amount.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
March 01, 2019, 11:57:56 PM
I would like to have some kind of balance, so that we do not have to give up anonymity, but at the same time that the rules work and at least slightly protect us, otherwise the future will look doubtful
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
Migranet ITO
March 01, 2019, 11:16:39 PM
I want anonimity for me and regulations for everyone else who wants to scam the hell out of me.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
March 01, 2019, 07:37:44 PM
These two have been topics of debates for quite some time. Some want Anonymity, while others want Regulation. Either of these two will work best for us.
It will get to a time that we just have to choose between Regulations and Anonymity.

In my opinion:
If blockchain  is redesigned without privacy, everything will work fine. Full KYC will make scams impossible.
What is your take on this?
I still think we can continue with the anonymity which was the main vision of Satoshi Nakamoto when Bitcoin and cryptocurrency was invented.
Activity: 1080
Merit: 500
March 01, 2019, 07:29:05 PM
I think that those people who really want to support the original idea of cryptocurrencies vote for anonymity, and those who want cryptocurrencies to continue to bring good profits, they choose regulation.
Activity: 1183
Merit: 251
March 01, 2019, 07:07:06 PM
It's not about the blockchain being redesigned, blockchain is very OK but some crypto scams pose the big question asked on this thread. I think regulations will come before mainstream adoption will be possible.
Definitely. Sometimes freedom need limitation because there is always some bad people that misuse that freedom to harm other people, that also the very reason why government exist. We are not grtting blind to hate government for limiting our freedom because there is many good on that. Regulation is really needed before mainstream adoption.
Activity: 555
Merit: 12
March 01, 2019, 07:00:19 PM
It's not about the blockchain being redesigned, blockchain is very OK but some crypto scams pose the big question asked on this thread. I think regulations will come before mainstream adoption will be possible.
Activity: 644
Merit: 111
March 01, 2019, 06:30:38 PM
It seems to me that if there is no anonymity, many people will leave crypto. After all, this is the most important thing in it, people like decentralization and isolation of crypto. Perhaps some regulation will not prevent us, but we must keep the idea of anonymity in any case.
Activity: 798
Merit: 268
March 01, 2019, 05:39:57 PM
If you want regulations go to stock market.
If you want anonymity then choose cryptocurrencies that give us opportunity to be free again.
Cryptocurrency has no anonymity. I have already transferred all my data to the stock exchanges. Tell me what can be anonymity?
KYC kills the anonymity so what we need right now is the regulations, because if there is no strong regulations then our datas can be use in black market and its possible to be hack. Regulations can increase the trust rating, but hopefully it will be more effective. Don’t be afraid if the government regulate cryptocurrency because if its a good regulation then its a sign of acceptance.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
March 01, 2019, 05:30:46 PM
These two have been topics of debates for quite some time. Some want Anonymity, while others want Regulation. Either of these two will work best for us.
It will get to a time that we just have to choose between Regulations and Anonymity.

In my opinion:
If blockchain  is redesigned without privacy, everything will work fine. Full KYC will make scams impossible.
What is your take on this?

I dont believe anonymity and regulations have much in common. All countries does regulate and will keep regulating crypto.  People and also governments will use cryptocurencies with transparent and non transparent ledger. There is usecase for both. Also scams will be always possible.
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
March 01, 2019, 05:20:09 PM
Looking at the rise of scam in crypto these days, I think regulations are much needed. The market is being manipulated by bots and KYC will help control that.

fiats are other centralized currencies are already regulated but did that solve the issues on scamming and other illegal crimes ? i guess no  . same can also happen to crypto if crypto was already regulated i dont think that scamming can totally vanished as what you intented to say .  kyc can only give us all a head ache  .  crypto was meant for anonimity and bieng independent so dont ever ruined its purpose  .

do not understand why everyone wants to get this anonymity? You do not do something illegal. Of course, if you are a gangster, then it is profitable to be anonymos

lol no it does not mean that way  . you dont need to be gangster or a criminal to be able to fit in being anonymous . people just dont like to expose thier identity as it is more dangerous and can lead to some other criminal acts that can be used against you  .
Activity: 882
Merit: 268
March 01, 2019, 05:10:36 PM
The whole point of inventing crypto was really to provide a decentralised platform for financial transactions and in order for this to work the system relied on anonymity so that transactions were all private and free from government getting involved. If we get rid of anonymous transacations many people will just leave crypto and go back to fiat.
many things apply otherwise where someone who really understands crypto will actually enlarge their interest. the initial principle will continue to synergize and change some things that are really undesirable, but no matter how strong the regulations that will emerge will still not apply perfectly and there will still be some loopholes to keep the user anonymity of assets that are still desirable in full privacy.
Activity: 560
March 01, 2019, 03:42:42 PM
Looking at the rise of scam in crypto these days, I think regulations are much needed. The market is being manipulated by bots and KYC will help control that.
Activity: 454
Merit: 13
March 01, 2019, 03:20:18 PM
The whole point of inventing crypto was really to provide a decentralised platform for financial transactions and in order for this to work the system relied on anonymity so that transactions were all private and free from government getting involved. If we get rid of anonymous transacations many people will just leave crypto and go back to fiat.
Activity: 602
March 01, 2019, 03:15:30 PM
A tricky question, as for me. I would vote for anonymity for sure but that’s probably because I’ve never lost my money here.
I was extra cautious but if I had been robbed I’d have had a different view probably. So let’s drop it till better times Wink
I do not understand why everyone wants to get this anonymity? You do not do something illegal. Of course, if you are a gangster, then it is profitable to be anonymos
It seems to me that if you look through the prism of the world struggle against terrorism, then no state will allow cryptocurrency users to work anonymously. You understand that billions of dollars are spinning in the cryptocurrency market, which is quite possibly used for evil purposes. Based on this, certain rules and adjustment of the cryptocurrency market will follow.
Activity: 507
Merit: 100
March 01, 2019, 02:09:31 PM
A tricky question, as for me. I would vote for anonymity for sure but that’s probably because I’ve never lost my money here.
I was extra cautious but if I had been robbed I’d have had a different view probably. So let’s drop it till better times Wink
I do not understand why everyone wants to get this anonymity? You do not do something illegal. Of course, if you are a gangster, then it is profitable to be anonymos
Activity: 924
Merit: 501
March 01, 2019, 02:01:57 PM
Pages:
Jump to: