Pages:
Author

Topic: Regulations or Anonymity - page 6. (Read 1051 times)

Activity: 604
Merit: 252
January 26, 2019, 11:19:24 AM
People who want regulation, are the same people who are only concerned with money, valuations and things like that! People who like cryptography, care little about price or any speculative move because they know that people who want regulation, will be after these cryptos later! Be careful with people who want regulation! The essence of encryption is it! No government, no intermediaries and so on.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
January 26, 2019, 11:16:44 AM
These two have been topics of debates for quite some time. Some want Anonymity, while others want Regulation. Either of these two will work best for us.
It will get to a time that we just have to choose between Regulations and Anonymity.

In my opinion:
If blockchain  is redesigned without privacy, everything will work fine. Full KYC will make scams impossible.
What is your take on this?

The idea of blockchain and cryptocurrency is to allow users to transact with complete anonymity. A decentralized system where there is no middle entity that would control transactions. But lately, a lot of scam projects have been happening that regulation was called upon to institute control and protect investors. If this is a means to eliminate scams, I don't mind regulations but not to the extent that identity would also be compromised
copper member
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
January 26, 2019, 11:10:40 AM
These two have been topics of debates for quite some time. Some want Anonymity, while others want Regulation. Either of these two will work best for us.
It will get to a time that we just have to choose between Regulations and Anonymity.

In my opinion:
If blockchain  is redesigned without privacy, everything will work fine. Full KYC will make scams impossible.

We can directly compare it to the words, REAL or FAKE, Regulation for proving the project that it is real, or Anonymity, basically, tolerating the project to be anonymous in the market makes us create more fake projects that can make the reputation of the cryptocurrency fraud and intended to scam people.
Activity: 171
Merit: 1
January 25, 2019, 07:29:11 PM
Every choice will require the negative and its positive sides. Regulation will probably reduce the scam and it will be more stable. however, it is different with the first aim of crypto, for anonymity. I personally still believe that with anonymity, the crypto can be still more stable in the future, just only wait for the moment, not only now happening.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
January 25, 2019, 07:11:03 PM
Blockchain technology is about serving the community with good and fast transaction which it only contain the address of the sender and receiver. But at the end when we cash out some of our assets, we are required to do the KYC because it's their requirements. Moreover, as the year goes by, we commonly experience KYC whenever we get to an exchanges. About regulations, I doubt this'll be still need to be studied especially when having an ICO.
Activity: 910
Merit: 250
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
January 25, 2019, 06:56:59 PM
States want to control everything and they will not allow the development of technologies that will help people to be anonymous.

In my opinion:
Scammers will always exist, you can not get rid of them.
Activity: 854
Merit: 10
January 25, 2019, 03:55:46 PM
Decentralization which comes with anonymity, has made the crypto space as well as the technology, which is blockchain, to survive to this point.
I do not think regulation will anything better , except when it comes to those who lunch projects, such as ICO, where they would need to do their KYC, in order to gain the trust of investors.
No anonymity should ber maintained in order to preserve that value. If regulated, then we do not need blockchain again, because that will bring centralization.
Activity: 336
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
January 25, 2019, 03:05:50 PM

In my opinion:

Now there is no anonymity on the cryptocurrency market.
Each development team manages its own coin, may make changes to the code of its coin and otherwise manage it.
Most coins can be traced from which wallet and which coin came.
Is the above can be called anonymity?
Therefore, I am not against full-fledged regulation of the crypto market, if it saves us from scammers.
Activity: 780
January 25, 2019, 03:01:10 PM
Anonymity is one of the main factors for which I began to use cryptocurrency. I want to be able to shop anonymously, manage my finances the way I want. But at the same time I want to be protected from fraud, and this can be achieved only through the regulation of cryptocurrency at the legislative level.
Activity: 504
January 25, 2019, 02:49:22 PM
It seems to me that the regulation of cryptocurrency will completely kill its anonymity. I do not like it because I think that cryptocurrency should be completely anonymous.
copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
January 25, 2019, 02:47:36 PM
If i have the choice, i would choose anonymity. In the crypto area, anonymity is important to me, because i don't want my neighbour to know the stock of my coins, for example. Therefore i would not like it if the crypto area is regulated. But i have a different opinion on icos. There would be a regulation good to prevent the whole scam ico.
Activity: 428
January 25, 2019, 02:47:07 PM
I agree with you, the regulation of cryptocurrency should be a priority for its distribution and adoption as a means of payment. The anonymity of cryptocurrencies is more a myth than a reality, with the exception of individual coins, but without regulation, the market will not be able to develop fully.
Activity: 261
https://assetsplit.org/
January 25, 2019, 02:38:59 PM
It is hard to say which one choice is better for cryptocurrency future.
If we decide about anonymity, more scams will be cerated.
If we decide about regulations, this market will not be free anymore.
Activity: 686
Merit: 264
"STAY IN THE DARK"
January 25, 2019, 02:35:58 PM

In my opinion:
Anonymous is the main advantage of crypto currencies but in blockchain there is not fully anonymous,the data stored in the blocka can be viewed by anyone but there can't able to make any changes on that blocks.Regulations will not be related to this and it is impossible to do that even.Many countries having regulations for crypto currency usage but no one can regulate what we need to use and not on cryptos.
Activity: 448
Merit: 2
January 25, 2019, 02:25:28 PM
I believe that the lack of anonymity in cryptocurrencies kills the whole point of their use. For me, anonymity is one of the main advantages of cryptocurrency. In my opinion, the regulation should concern only the ICO, but investors should be able not to disclose their identity.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 110
January 25, 2019, 02:04:30 PM
I am for anonymity, let it be more difficult with it, more scam, more risks and deception, however I am my own boss and I am responsible for the safety of my funds, this is a crypto currency, which means everything should be anonymous.
Activity: 756
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
January 25, 2019, 01:55:59 PM
I do not think that regulation will help in any way; fraud will also be possible in this situation, because a person will always find an opportunity to benefit!
Yes, but regulation will help us make cryptocurrencies more open to people. many investors now do not trust to cryptocurrencies because it is not regulated
Activity: 1024
January 25, 2019, 01:22:52 PM

In my opinion:
If blockchain  is redesigned without privacy, everything will work fine. Full KYC will make scams impossible.

I personally want a regulation because this can accelerate mass adoption. but for some people anonymity is very important and this is the attraction of crypto.

so why don't we combine them.,  crypto which has regulations but does not eliminate the function of its anonymity. that way a person will agree and want to use crypto.
Activity: 350
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
January 25, 2019, 01:11:25 PM
Regulations in the crypto space is actually not a bad idea as it would help with the regulations of scam projects in the crypto community but the fear that most crypto enthusiasts have is the fact that how safe are their data going to be stored on some platforms. We heard recently off the data breach that occured at Facebook. I believe strongly nobody wants his private information sold to anybody and so this is why some people really think crypto activities should be fully based on anonymity.
Activity: 1270
Merit: 254
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
January 25, 2019, 12:51:03 PM
I choose  regulation as this is the  key to global acceptance of  the cryptocurrency industry, also with regulations and  policy formulation through government involvement, scammers  in the space will be eliminated, this is the future of  cryptocurrency development.
I agree that the regulation will lead us to the more rapid adoption of cryptocurrency in the world, but I do not think that it will help to eliminate scammers
Pages:
Jump to: